(Close Window)
Topic: Flat Pack by Jason Knowles
I think this is going to replace my 3D Advertising by Henry Evans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6v1Qghz7NA

Description:

"The Flat Pack appearance was pure eye candy, then Jason pulled the cards out of it and I could have punched him it was so good!!"
- Ben Williams

"This is the ultimate 'Packs Small, Plays Big' effect!"
- Eric Jones

"I've seen a lot of gimmicks out there. Some are ingenious but fragile. Others are sturdy but limited. Flat Pack is one of the few that has the best of both worlds: strong gimmick for strong effects."
- Jeremy Griffiths

Created by the genius behind "Double Take," Jason Knowles created Flat Pack to be a surrealistic visual opener and closer that gets you in and out of your set with flair.

Imagine showing your spectators a neatly folded tuck case pulled from your wallet. With one move, the folded case expands from a crimped piece of cardboard to a fully functional box of playing cards. What's even more impossible to comprehend is that all 52 playing cards are kept flawlessly inside!

Flat Pack turns the ordinary action of pulling out and putting away a deck of cards into an impossible moment. Clearly the box is folded into quarters. Clearly it couldn't possibly fit a full deck of cards. And yet clearly it somehow does exactly that!

Finally, when you've wow'd them with enough overly ambitious or extraordinarily triumphant enough card magic, you simply take your cards, place them back in the tuck, fold it back up into your wallet, and wait as your audience gasps and stares at your final miracle. It's impossible for them to understand how those cards fit in that folded case. It's even more impossible for them to forget that moment of magic that you've just created.

What you receive in your box of Flat Pack:

Fully made gimmick ready for you to use out of the box.
Resets in seconds.
Takes up little pocket space, packs flat plays big!
An hour of expert instruction taught by Jason Knowles.
A unique method to turn ordinary moments into something truly unforgettable.
The ability to master and bend space!
Start strong, end stronger. Play it big with Jason Knowles' Flat Pack!

"Flat Pack is the best opener I have seen in a long time... It visually kicks the back of your eyes and sends you packing! It's a casual yet a professional piece of magic and perfect for all situations... I can't wait to start using this."
- Chris Webb

"Flat Pack is my favorite opener for table-hopping and walk-around! It LITERALLY packs small and plays big, and it has that perfect 'haha that's cute... Wait? WTF just happened!?' moment (twice). It's as if Jason Knowles and Tony Stark had a cardboard-baby. The playing card box equivalent to the Iron Man suit!"
- Kim Anderson

"Flat Pack is an amazing surprise to open any card routine! Can't wait to play with it!!"
- Tobias Dostal

"Flat Pack is truly something I will want to use every day. Clever in the mechanics and the construction. Absolutely hard hitting!"
- Think Nguyen
I'm in.
Only question: is it durable? Like a hard plastic gimmick?
LOVE it! Looks fantastic. Wonder when it's going to be available?
"Only question: is it durable? Like a hard plastic gimmick?"

is it?
Looks nice. :bikes:
Wow, some NASA technology going on there
Iíve seen Jason Performs this Live and OMG !!!!!!!!!
Is there a colour choice between red and blue?
At 40 seconds into the demo you see the cards delivered from the wallet. Is the wallet gimmicked also?
[quote]On May 7, 2019, pegasus wrote:
At 40 seconds into the demo you see the cards delivered from the wallet. Is the wallet gimmicked also? [/quote]

Looks like you get the gimmicked box only. I would suspect the price to be higher if the wallet was included. If you notice, the cards are just underneath the wallet which is used as cover to deliver the cards to the box.
[quote]On May 7, 2019, RNK wrote:
At 40 seconds into the demo you see the cards delivered from the wallet. Is the wallet gimmicked also? [/quote]

Looks like you get the gimmicked box only. I would suspect the price to be higher if the wallet was included. If you notice, the cards are just underneath the wallet which is used as cover to deliver the cards to the box. [/quote]

Agreed. The two parts that concern me is the ringing in and out of the cards. Looks great though.
I think definitely not for beginners, you would need to manage your angles and spectators bringing in the cards. Looks really nice . Definitely will be getting this.
[quote]On May 7, 2019, MR Effecto wrote:
I think definitely not for beginners, you would need to manage your angles and spectators bringing in the cards. Looks really nice . Definitely will be getting this. [/quote]

Agree. Definitely need some audience management skills and misdirection but I don't think it will be an issue. Looks like the loading of the cards into the box is really quick and smooth which has peaked my interest even more! Really liking the looks of this!
Hi Everyone. Thank you so much for your interest. The trailer seems to have leaked a little early. It will go on pre-sale on 29th.
Iíll try to answer all of the questions so far in one post
In the box you get a gimmick ready to go in blue. You can customise it to any deck though with minor DIY skills.
Itís card based so it looks legit like a card box. The gimmick will not last a life time but it will last a long time if you take care of it.
The box does exactly what you see in the video. You let go and it expands into a full box.
Their are 2 methods on display in the trailer. My preferred method in which the wallet has nothing to do with the method other than providing natural misdirection. I use a minimalist wallet which is too small to hide playing cards.
And the second which you can see Dave Loosely performing in which the wallet plays a more integral part.
The audience management for this is really easy. The appearance of the box is so eye catching that it creates a huge off beat moment.
The additional people in the trailer had only had the flatpack gimmick for 24 to 48 hours to practice before performing - it really is that easy.
Meant to say pre sale on 20th - typo sorry
Hi Jason, can I ask why only blue?

Thanks!
[quote]On May 7, 2019, RNK wrote:
Hi Jason, can I ask why only blue?

Thanks! [/quote]

Great question. Simply because blue is my deck of choice and it only takes about 5 mins to turn it red. The red gimmick you see in the trailer is the one we customised in the explanations. You can pretty much customise this to any deck of your choice
Two concerns: what happens if the cards that are loaded into the box are not perfectly squared and the risk of the cards falling all over the floor from your hands whe nteh cards are secretly removed from the box. THe illusion looks great!!!
[quote]On May 7, 2019, magicinsight wrote:
Two concerns: what happens if the cards that are loaded into the box are not perfectly squared and the risk of the cards falling all over the floor from your hands whe nteh cards are secretly removed from the box. THe illusion looks great

Really good question. The cards are not loaded in the way you think. They are never loose and what you are describing is physically impossible so zero risk of this happening. I donít want to just come out and describe the method but if you watch the videos you can see both sides of the box when the cards are being taken out of the box and being put back in. Itís really no different than taking you cards in and out of your standard deck
[quote]On May 7, 2019, jasonKnowles wrote:
Meant to say pre sale on 20th - typo sorry [/quote]

Whatís with the pre-sale? Always suspicious of this. Why not sell on the day when the product becomes available?
Meant to say pre sale on 20th - typo sorry [/quote]

Whatís with the pre-sale? Always suspicious of this. Why not sell on the day when the product becomes available? [/quote]

Itís just a standard Murphys approach as far as I know. If I had to guess why they do that I would say itís because most magic dealers are small businesses with limited cash flow and donít want to gamble by ordering lots of stock in that they might not sell. By issuing a presale a week prior to release it gives them a chance to estimate the demand and get the right volume of stock in. But that is purely my speculation. I guess youíd have to ask the guys at Murphys for a definitive answer as to why they do it that way.
How much misdirection is required to "vanish" the deck again at the end? You'd produce the deck, take the cards out, perform a trick or two, put the cards back in when you're done and then "vanish" the cards, right?
[quote]On May 7, 2019, PatrickGregoire wrote:
How much misdirection is required to "vanish" the deck again at the end? You'd produce the deck, take the cards out, perform a trick or two, put the cards back in when you're done and then "vanish" the cards, right? [/quote]

So the vanish at the end is probably more impactful for the spectators from my own personal experiences. To be honest the vanish is even easier than the appearance. I donít rely on any misdirection for this really. Probably the same amount as you would require for a top palm or a gamblers cop or that type of sleight where it happens in plain sight. The visual retention of the box and getting your wallet out to pack the box away covers everything. There are some videos on my instagram account which show this being performed directly to the camera both appearance from multiple angles and the vanish. You canít misdirect a camera so you can see everything that a spectator could possibly see.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdYTR9THn1Q/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1pbj5muu7cibx
The vanish is beautiful but in the initial production are you using patter while you do that awkward side steal? The vanish makes since because of the wallet. Just donít know the motivation for turning ďto the spectatorsĒ. Iíve preordered. I thought it might be s nice production of a deck after performing vanishing deck with Level One.
[quote]On May 7, 2019, magicinsight wrote:
Two concerns: what happens if the cards that are loaded into the box are not perfectly squared and the risk of the cards falling all over the floor from your hands whe nteh cards are secretly removed from the box. THe illusion looks great

Really good question. The cards are not loaded in the way you think. They are never loose and what you are describing is physically impossible so zero risk of this happening. I donít want to just come out and describe the method but if you watch the videos you can see both sides of the box when the cards are being taken out of the box and being put back in. Itís really no different than taking you cards in and out of your standard deck [/quote]

Thank you for the response. I'm sold! Placed the (pre) order. Looks really great!
Michael
[quote]On May 7, 2019, MagicBrent wrote:
The vanish is beautiful but in the initial production are you using patter while you do that awkward side steal? The vanish makes since because of the wallet. Just donít know the motivation for turning ďto the spectatorsĒ. Iíve preordered. I thought it might be s nice production of a deck after performing vanishing deck with Level One. [/quote]

Iím not quite sure what you mean by awkward side steal? If you are referring to the method you see when Dave Loosley is performing the appearance in the trailer then that is just one method for the appearance. If you watch the the first initial appearance in the trailer itís completely different method and the wallet isnít actually used other than motivation to go to your pocket. You can use any larger you like but after 2 mins off using this youíll realise you donít need it. There are 2 amazing moments when you perform the appearance. The first is when you drop the box and it opens up. People react in disbelief. You can relax and just let people absorb that moment. Honestly at this point you could go walk back to your close up case open it up grab a deck and switch it in play because it really does create a huge off beat moment. But the mechanics of the next part are so smooth that by the time they have had chance to process that youíre are already opening the box and tipping the cards out. The first performance in the trailer is at the worst possible angle and everything happens right in front of the camera and judging by the comments Iíve seen in the thread so far no one has actually spotted what is happening here as most people think the wallet is being used to the load the cards. The truth is It is be not directly, itís only there as misdirection
This looks really amazing, but what are the angles on it? I assume they can't be that bad, given the different shots in the trailer?
[quote]On May 8, 2019, aabc wrote:
This looks really amazing, but what are the angles on it? I assume they can't be that bad, given the different shots in the trailer? [/quote]

Honestly the angles arenít bad once you understand the mechanics itís more of a timing thing and making it look casual. I perform this surrounded without any concerns and have performed it surrounded by magicians as well without anyone seeing anything. As with most effects if someone is stood directly behind you looking downwards over your shoulder like a parrot there is a potential for them to see something but honestly they wonít really understand what they see and will still be miffed when you pull the cards out because if itís done right itís just too quick for them to see anything.
***, my only concern is that it's made from cardbox.. And blue, I use reds xD
[quote]On May 8, 2019, Ceierry wrote:
***, my only concern is that it's made from cardbox.. And blue, I use reds xD [/quote]

So there are so many different decks of playing cards used by magicians now that really the choice is far greater than red or blue so no matter what we created we where never going to cater for everyone. The great thing here is this can be customised to any deck of cards in literally 5 mins. The gimmick it self is not actually made from a card box although there is card used as the base material. It has to be card to allow it to work efficiently. This gimmick has been through 3 years of developments and refinements testing more materials than you could possibly imagine. Itís reliable, well made and will last a reasonable amount of time. When you get your hands on the gimmick and you realise just how complicated the build is youíll see instantly how much thought has been put into this.
[quote]On May 8, 2019, jasonKnowles wrote:
[quote]On May 8, 2019, Ceierry wrote:
***, my only concern is that it's made from cardbox.. And blue, I use reds xD [/quote]

So there are so many different decks of playing cards used by magicians now that really the choice is far greater than red or blue so no matter what we created we where never going to cater for everyone. The great thing here is this can be customised to any deck of cards in literally 5 mins. The gimmick it self is not actually made from a card box although there is card used as the base material. It has to be card to allow it to work efficiently. This gimmick has been through 3 years of developments and refinements testing more materials than you could possibly imagine. Itís reliable, well made and will last a reasonable amount of time. When you get your hands on the gimmick and you realise just how complicated the build is youíll see instantly how much thought has been put into this. [/quote]

Thanks Jason!
Thank you to everyone who has asked questions so far. Iíll be doing a Q&A on Murphys live social streams on 29th so this have definitely been insightful
The product is not anymore on penguin website..... does anybody know why?
[quote]On May 8, 2019, Fero wrote:
The product is not anymore on penguin website..... does anybody know why? [/quote
]
Hey buddy, itís because it was never supposed to be visible yet. It doesnít actually go on pre-sale until 20th. Unfortunately due to some kind of system bug it made its way onto dealers websites a couple of days ago and so in essence it leaked. It will be back up and advertised properly from then. In the mean time theee are some vids of it on my instagram if you are keen to see it but the official trailer wonít be visible again until itís released
When performing walk-around, I would be worried about people at other tables or standing around noticing what's going on behind me. This is my only concern but it's a big one...
[quote]On May 9, 2019, PatrickGregoire wrote:
When performing walk-around, I would be worried about people at other tables or standing around noticing what's going on behind me. This is my only concern but it's a big one... [/quote]

The only thing it should really look like from behind is you taking out your wallet from your pocket and putting it away. And thatís assuming you perform it in the way that I do. The truth here is that I would encourage people to figure out what works for them. Iíve shared this with close friends at magic conventions for years now and honestly what we teach on the release is only scratching the surface. With a little imagination this can be used for colour changing decks, multiplying decks and all kinds. For people looking to pick something up and perform straight away this will work. For magicians who really want to work on refining their craft and make something their own it should provide plenty more levels for them to play with and explore.
But I assume you're copping the deck in and out, that's visible from behind and sides, no?
But I assume you're copping the deck in and out, that's visible from behind and sides, no? [/quote]

Again it depends on how you want to perform it. From personal experience itís so quick itís invisible, you can see a view of it from the side here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdYTR9THn1Q/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=b94h02pqp70f

Unfortunately I donít have any videos from behind but I genuinely have never had any concerns
All the videos look amazing!! Can't wait~
Flat pack is brilliant and Jason Knowles is a genius!
I have been playing with it for a long time and the effect is so visual and provides so much misdirection that people can burn your hands and still miss the "secret" ditch and steal every time.
This is a worker!!!!

"The Flat Pack appearance was pure eye candy, then Jason pulled the cards out of it and I could have punched him it was so good!!"
- Ben Williams

"This is the ultimate 'Packs Small, Plays Big' effect!"
- Eric Jones

"I've seen a lot of gimmicks out there. Some are ingenious but fragile. Others are sturdy but limited. Flat Pack is one of the few that has the best of both worlds: strong gimmick for strong effects."
- Jeremy Griffiths

"Flat Pack is the best opener I have seen in a long time... It visually kicks the back of your eyes and sends you packing! It's a casual yet a professional piece of magic and perfect for all situations... I can't wait to start using this."
- Chris Webb

"Flat Pack is my favorite opener for table-hopping and walk-around! It LITERALLY packs small and plays big, and it has that perfect 'haha that's cute... Wait? WTF just happened!?' moment (twice). It's as if Jason Knowles and Tony Stark had a cardboard-baby. The playing card box equivalent to the Iron Man suit!"
- Kim Anderson

"Flat Pack is an amazing surprise to open any card routine! Can't wait to play with it!!"
- Tobias Dostal

"Flat Pack is truly something I will want to use every day. Clever in the mechanics and the construction. Absolutely hard hitting!"
- Think Nguyen

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=61228

Best regards,
Titanas
Looks great! I will likely use this for an ID production.
[quote]On May 9, 2019, jasonKnowles wrote:
But I assume you're copping the deck in and out, that's visible from behind and sides, no? [/quote]

Again it depends on how you want to perform it. From personal experience itís so quick itís invisible, you can see a view of it from the side here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdYTR9THn1Q/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=b94h02pqp70f

Unfortunately I donít have any videos from behind but I genuinely have never had any concerns [/quote]

A rarity - an honest video! Based thereon, I just ordered it.
Been following this on FB & IG because it really peaked my interest.
Iíll probably be picking this up.
This looks pretty cool. Kind of eye popping.

I watched the Instagram vid, and even though I saw the load, really, I didn't see the load. I am smoked as to how the cards are loaded that quickly and smoothly and invisibly.

Closest I've ever seen to this is multiple appearing card cases. (from flat wallet) which I still have in my possession, but I'm sure this works on a totally different principal.
I am really would like to see this performance in real time. I am not sure if the loading can be done smoothly in the real performance.
[quote]On May 20, 2019, indomagic wrote:
I am really would like to see this performance in real time. I am not sure if the loading can be done smoothly in the real performance. [/quote]
The trailer show you the performance in real time. There is no clever editing here and you see the load in the trailer multiple times. Itís just that quick and that smooth that you canít spot it. You can see additional angles here https://www.instagram.com/p/BdYTR9THn1Q/?igshid=apeu69nq8r90
[quote]On May 20, 2019, jasonKnowles wrote:
[quote]On May 20, 2019, indomagic wrote:
I am really would like to see this performance in real time. I am not sure if the loading can be done smoothly in the real performance. [/quote]
The trailer show you the performance in real time. There is no clever editing here and you see the load in the trailer multiple times. Itís just that quick and that smooth that you canít spot it. You can see additional angles here https://www.instagram.com/p/BdYTR9THn1Q/?igshid=apeu69nq8r90 [/quote].

Thanks for your Instagram link. It's much more clear video on the real time performance.
I have been waiting for this since Blackpool. This is so crazy!
Jason, I have never met you, but I have to say you really managed this crowd well. I can understand the skepticism because of all the times people are let down by slick videos only to receive a DIY poo partly made, gimmick that in reality, does not work.

I have a pretty good idea what you have created and I am going to purchase it.

Considering the time and energy you put in, I hope you patent it. Yes, I look at well crafted and thought out magic gimmicks as invention. Patent it you say!? Yes, I have actually spent time looking into this over at the US Patent Office in Alexandria, VA with examiners as well as on the phone. It may not protect against the Chinese but it will give you a way to get eBay to force them to remove a listing which infringes upon your patent.
[quote]On May 21, 2019, andrew124C41 wrote:
Jason, I have never met you, but I have to say you really managed this crowd well. I can understand the skepticism because of all the times people are let down by slick videos only to receive a DIY poo partly made, gimmick that in reality, does not work.

Considering the time and energy you put in, I hope you patent it. Yes, I look at well crafted and thought out magic gimmicks as invention. Patent it you say!? Yes, I have actually spent time looking into this over at the US Patent Office in Alexandria, VA with examiners as well as on the phone. It may not protect against the Chinese but it will give you a way to get eBay to force them to remove a listing which infringes upon your patent. [/quote]

Thank you for the kind words and thank you for the advice Iíll definitely look into it. Hope the gimmick serves you well when you get your hands on it!

Considering the time and energy you put in, I hope you patent it. Yes, I look at well crafted and thought out magic gimmicks as invention. Patent it you say!? Yes, I have actually spent time looking into this over at the US Patent Office in Alexandria, VA with examiners as well as on the phone. It may not protect against the Chinese but it will give you a way to get eBay to force them to remove a listing which infringes upon your patent.
I'm sold this is great...My kind of magic is not just the effects themselves but how you get there too.I can just imagine walking around with this..ask to show somone a card trick..reach into your back pocket and pull this out..Your reaction is you've sat on your cards crushed the box and all of the cards must have spilled out..then o well and make the transition..
Do the same when having one of the cards signed ...lost your sharpie too ..golf pencil in wallet doesn't really show up on cards so transform that too.(Maxwells opener)
[quote]On May 21, 2019, magic in mind wrote:
I'm sold this is great...My kind of magic is not just the effects themselves but how you get there too.I can just imagine walking around with this..ask to show somone a card trick..reach into your back pocket and pull this out..Your reaction is you've sat on your cards crushed the box and all of the cards must have spilled out..then o well and make the transition..
Do the same when having one of the cards signed ...lost your sharpie too ..golf pencil in wallet doesn't really show up on cards so transform that too.(Maxwells opener) [/quote]

Love it!
What a beautiful deck production this is. Definitely has my interest. If there was a sci fi movie combined of magicians and secret agents, where David Blaine played the magician agent as Dave Bond. I picture him doing this. A Lot. This has plenty of praise for something that appears very special. And I for one, canít wait to get my hands on it. Itís a very interesting concept. From my perspective, it looks a lot like a folding Shell for a deck.
This looks great but I'm curious about how fussy is the loading of the cards since thatís what really elevates the trick beyond eye candy.

I don't like fussy moves where iím never sure if iíll get it down.
[quote]On May 21, 2019, taller8 wrote:
This looks great but I'm curious about how fussy is the loading of the cards since thatís what really elevates the trick beyond eye candy.

I don't like fussy moves where iím never sure if iíll get it down. [/quote]

If you can bring your hands together you can do it! It really is that simple. There is no complicated sleight of hand here. Itís just purely timing.
Jason, I am stunned with that instagram link you posted!

That type of transparency is very, VERY rare nowadays. You have no interest in hoodwinking anyone into a purchase by concealing key bits of the routine, nor buttering it up with flashy graphics and ooohs and aaaahs. Just you, stood infront of a mirror, multiple angles, so we can all see clearly what we're about to purchase.

May I congratulate you on this, and may it hopefully be a benchmark that others will now follow in exactly how to release a product!

I have made my purchase today on your transparency alone.

Thank you.
[quote]On May 22, 2019, Hustler2014 wrote:
Jason, I am stunned with that instagram link you posted!

That type of transparency is very, VERY rare nowadays. You have no interest in hoodwinking anyone into a purchase by concealing key bits of the routine, nor buttering it up with flashy graphics and ooohs and aaaahs. Just you, stood infront of a mirror, multiple angles, so we can all see clearly what we're about to purchase.

May I congratulate you on this, and may it hopefully be a benchmark that others will now follow in exactly how to release a product!

I have made my purchase today on your transparency alone.

Wow thank you for the kind words. It really means a lot to me. Putting this out into the community is really not about the money for me, itís about sharing something that I truly believe in and so I want people to get as much out this product as I have. Iím also hoping that in doing so, other magicians will show possibilities for this that I never even thought of.

Thank you. [/quote]
So this appears to be a folding deck shell. Seems much more practical. Ill wait for reviews, but looks promising! :bluebikes:
Due to the transparency of the instagram video, I too purchased this effect because I know what I'm getting and it's a gem. I hate getting something only to find it doesn't resemble the trailer. This is a winner and I appreciate the honest video.
[quote]On May 22, 2019, Magikgym wrote:
Due to the transparency of the instagram video, I too purchased this effect because I know what I'm getting and it's a gem. I hate getting something only to find it doesn't resemble the trailer. This is a winner and I appreciate the honest video. [/quote]

Thank you 🙏🏼
I totally agree with the above, a transparent demo doesn't hurt the sales, QUITE THE CONTRARY: it helps the sales, as magicians want to know what they are getting, and if they will be able to actually use it in their performances.
The pre-internet Tannen days where the effect itself was shrouded in secrecy are long gone. Dealers and producers must learn this simple rule
[quote]On May 23, 2019, highmagic wrote:
I totally agree with the above, a transparent demo doesn't hurt the sales, QUITE THE CONTRARY: it helps the sales, as magicians want to know what they are getting, and if they will be able to actually use it in their performances.
The pre-internet Tannen days where the effect itself was shrouded in secrecy are long gone. Dealers and producers must learn this simple rule [/quote]

Absolutely. When we ask for a transparent un-cut demo video, it's not because we're trying to reverse-engineer the product to AVOID purchasing it, it's because we're trying to see if the gimmick and the peripheral things around the gimmick, such as the angles etc, suit our style, and suit the type of venues we work in.

I think a lot of magic producers are fearful of the method getting out, but forget that weíre actually paying for convenience most of the time, rather than the secret. So we all know exactly how this flat pack gimmick works, and whilst I could spend the next 12 months making my own version, and thousands of pounds testing it until it works as I want it, I can instead pay Jason for his hard work and get the gimmick ready made.

Jasonís transparent video actually hastened me to the purchase, rather than pushed me away, and I think thatís a message all magic producers should take on board, i.e. that Iím MORE likely to purchase their product if I know exactly how it works, rather than less likely. The more clarity upfront, the easier the purchase, because 99% of the time Iím paying for convenience, not secrets.
I am very interested but I am left handed. Imagining how this work, I suppose that it means that the load can only be done by sliding the deck inside the gimmick from one hand to the other one.
Can the working of the gimmick be reversed to work with the opposite hands' direction?
We are magicians so we sure can learn it both ways but as a left handed person, I feel sometimes frustrated about this simple but annoying aspect.
Anyway, it's a brilliant idea and it will replace my personal way of doing it because it makes my pocket space a bit better.
Awesome idea Jason!
[quote]On May 23, 2019, Gaijin wrote:
I am very interested but I am left handed. Imagining how this work, I suppose that it means that the load can only be done by sliding the deck inside the gimmick from one hand to the other one.
Can the working of the gimmick be reversed to work with the opposite hands' direction?
We are magicians so we sure can learn it both ways but as a left handed person, I feel sometimes frustrated about this simple but annoying aspect.
Anyway, it's a brilliant idea and it will replace my personal way of doing it because it makes my pocket space a bit better.
Awesome idea Jason! [/quote]

Thatís a great question. Honestly it doesnít matter left or right. In the trailer you actually actually see both. Javier produces it in a left handed way and I produce it right handed. It really makes no difference to the mechanics.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (May 23, 2019 02:13PM)
Another thumbs up for the great vid, showing us both how good this effect is AND what we need to know to make a decision whether this is for us or not, based on handling, angles, etc. Great stuff.
Because of the video I will be ordering this. Great job
Thank you for the video!! I purchased it as well!
Top marks for the demo video. clean and uncut. I'm fed up with watching a 3 min demo, with 2 mins of it showing the facial expressions of spectators screaming and jumping around... yeah, we get it!!! they liked the trick, but as magicians we just want to see the trick real time so we know what we are getting. So a big thanks to Jason for doing an Honest video. Cheers
I really liked this but did have concerns with loading and unloading. One thing was missing though, the stupid hype that most fill their demo with. Kudos for having the nuts to show us exactly what is going on, very rare. I hope others follow suit. I was most likely going to purchase anyway but Jason sealed the deal by showing what we need to know. Jason, offer it in red and blue, you like blue, most like red !! I hate buying tricks when arts and crafts is involved, and I'm not changing to blue decks !! Those others with other card backs can make theirs! Just busting your balls a bit but besides the color the effect is fantastic. You could produce an elephant from your back pocket once that box pops open. Thanks for this effect and your truthful presentation.

PS Thanks for not showing us you walking across a bridge with smoke and staring at city lights with mystical eyes and stupid graphics! :)
[quote]On May 24, 2019, RayLogan wrote:

PS Thanks for not showing us you walking across a bridge with smoke and staring at city lights with mystical eyes and stupid graphics! :) [/quote]
You nailed it, brother! That kind of corny, smokey, mystical stuff is really too much, and just totally uncalled for. Just show me the _____trick!!
Totally agree what a great clear demo from Jason , well done indeed Gaz 🙂
[quote]On May 23, 2019, jasonKnowles wrote:
[quote]On May 23, 2019, Gaijin wrote:
Awesome idea Jason! [/quote]

Thatís a great question. Honestly it doesnít matter left or right. In the trailer you actually actually see both. Javier produces it in a left handed way and I produce it right handed. It really makes no difference to the mechanics. [/quote]

Jason, you sold me 100% with your answer and brilliant video demo, I will get this.
Got an email telling me mine shipped today from Saturn Magic. Very exciting. Can't wait to give this a whirl....I'm assuming this utility could also be used for deck switches potentially giving it even more value in a magi's arsenal.
[quote]On May 25, 2019, spaceman-sam wrote:
Got an email telling me mine shipped today from Saturn Magic. Very exciting. Can't wait to give this a whirl....I'm assuming this utility could also be used for deck switches potentially giving it even more value in a magi's arsenal. [/quote]

And colour changing decks and multiplying decks etc etc 😉 we donít teach any of those things because I want people to think for them selves but Iím loving the fact youríre on that patch already!
Another performance here worth checking out will give you some ideas for a tabled performance

https://www.facebook.com/431899760180713/posts/2241942995843038?s=608337544&v=e&sfns=xmwa
[quote]On May 25, 2019, jasonKnowles wrote:
Got an email telling me mine shipped today from Saturn Magic. Very exciting. Can't wait to give this a whirl....I'm assuming this utility could also be used for deck switches potentially giving it even more value in a magi's arsenal. [/quote]

And colour changing decks and multiplying decks etc etc 😉 we donít teach any of those things because I want people to think for them selves but Iím loving the fact youríre on that patch already! [/quote]

Might also be possibilities with Chazpro's deck shell. But I'd have t I've that one some thought.

And colour changing decks and multiplying decks etc etc 😉 we donít teach any of those things because I want people to think for them selves but Iím loving the fact youríre on that patch already! [/quote]

You should do a facebook group!
[quote]On May 25, 2019, Arielhamui wrote:

You should do a facebook group! [/quote]

Iím not a big fan of Facebook and donít really use it that much. I might do. Iíve got my own web site capable of hosting a forum though so Iím also toying with the idea of opening that up to people. Not sure yet. Iíll definitely do something along those lines though!
I just read through most of this thread and this has my interest now.

Robert
It is good you posted the Instagram link, I appreciate your honesty and creativity.

If I saw this demo before you posted your Instagram videos I will trash this product immediately:
https://gallery.mailchimp.com/33943451054fe92c5e935b040/images/4abb73b1-95aa-45d5-a737-91749376e7d9.gif
When dealers will stop their misguiding trailers and unrealistic demos?
In that one that you just posted his hand never goes near his pocket!!

How in the heck????
[quote]On May 25, 2019, Maxy wrote:
It is good you posted the Instagram link, I appreciate your honesty and creativity.

If I saw this demo before you posted your Instagram videos I will trash this product immediately:
https://gallery.mailchimp.com/33943451054fe92c5e935b040/images/4abb73b1-95aa-45d5-a737-91749376e7d9.gif
When dealers will stop their misguiding trailers and unrealistic demos? [/quote]

Can you confirm if this is actually doable? Thanks.
[quote]On May 25, 2019, Magic KL wrote:

When dealers will stop their misguiding trailers and unrealistic demos? [/quote]

Can you confirm if this is actually doable? Thanks. [/quote]

Not in real life. Maybe for a quick clip on instagram, where you can hold your left arm stiff like that for a few seconds and no one will notice. I'm not sure why they would use that as an example of how the trick looks, unless they're hoping to upset everyone who buys it based on that demo.
Love this. If only it came in red Phoenix cards.
[quote]On May 25, 2019, emyers99 wrote:
Love this. If only it came in red Phoenix cards. [/quote]

They say you can customize the gimmick to any deck.
Sweet!
Is it durable? How protective of it am I going to need to be?
The clip posted on mailchimp is not merely a social media scenario. Coordinating and timing are key and fooling spectators with that method would not be unusual. Not much different than Tyrannosaurus Rex or using the under arm to hold out. GREAT WORK, JASON!

Pack flatter, plays BIGGER! SURVEY SAYS...SOLD!
[quote]On May 25, 2019, emyers99 wrote:
Love this. If only it came in red Phoenix cards. [/quote]

It takes about 5-10 mins for you to convert it into a red Phoenix deck. Itís super easy to do and we teach you how to customise it on the tutorial
[quote]On May 26, 2019, Hudson Lee wrote:
Is it durable? How protective of it am I going to need to be? [/quote]

Thatís a good question and there is no simple answer. Itís card on the exterior which will wear. The card can be replaced though. The major part that causes the expansion will last a very long time. There is a part of the gimmick that stops the box over extending this will need to be replaced a few time throughout its lifetime but again this is easily replaced.
If you store this gimmick on a deck when not int use it will last. If you throw it in your case lose it wonít. Youíll also want to consider the type of wallet you are pulling it out of. If itís got rough edges the card is going to wear quicker. Apologies if any of that sounds vague but itís the clearest I can be without simply giving you the gimmick
[quote]On May 25, 2019, Magicsquared wrote:

This is a really infesting topic. I personally do not believe this presentation is doable in the real world. That being said Iím sure there is a magician out there who is ballsy enough to do it and would disagree. Iím just not that guy! 😂

However I do believe that Magic for camera has its own place. Just like performing magic at a table on on stage, each environment has its own advantages that can be taken advantage of. This is one of those advantages for camera.

We where not going to teach this presentation original but the guys at Murphys have filmed a tutorial with Javier and we are going to look to share it for all of this reasons above. Plus there are enough real world applications for Flat Pack already 👌🏼 hope that helps

Not in real life. Maybe for a quick clip on instagram, where you can hold your left arm stiff like that for a few seconds and no one will notice. I'm not sure why they would use that as an example of how the trick looks, unless they're hoping to upset everyone who buys it based on that demo. [/quote]
[quote]On May 26, 2019, jasonKnowles wrote:

This is a really infesting topic. I personally do not believe this presentation is doable in the real world. That being said Iím sure there is a magician out there who is ballsy enough to do it and would disagree. Iím just not that guy! 😂

However I do believe that Magic for camera has its own place. Just like performing magic at a table on on stage, each environment has its own advantages that can be taken advantage of. This is one of those advantages for camera.

We where not going to teach this presentation original but the guys at Murphys have filmed a tutorial with Javier and we are going to look to share it for all of this reasons above. Plus there are enough real world applications for Flat Pack already 👌🏼 hope that helps

Not in real life. Maybe for a quick clip on instagram, where you can hold your left arm stiff like that for a few seconds and no one will notice. I'm not sure why they would use that as an example of how the trick looks, unless they're hoping to upset everyone who buys it based on that demo. [/quote] [/quote]

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean Murphy's will post it up with your tutorial? Or do we need to get it separately?
[quote]On May 26, 2019, Magic KL wrote:
[quote]On May 26, 2019, jasonKnowles wrote:

Iím not sure what the plan is yet. Iím doing a live stream with Murphys on 29th so hopefully we can let everyone know the and Iíll put an update on the feed here to let everyone know 👍🏼

Not in real life. Maybe for a quick clip on instagram, where you can hold your left arm stiff like that for a few seconds and no one will notice. I'm not sure why they would use that as an example of how the trick looks, unless they're hoping to upset everyone who buys it based on that demo. [/quote] [/quote]

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean Murphy's will post it up with your tutorial? Or do we need to get it separately? [/quote]
Iím sure what the plan is yet. Iím doing a live stream with Murphys on 29th so hopefully we can let everyone know then but Iíll post an update in the feed here too once I know 👍🏼
[quote]On May 26, 2019, EZrhythm wrote:
The clip posted on mailchimp is not merely a social media scenario. Coordinating and timing are key and fooling spectators with that method would not be unusual. Not much different than Tyrannosaurus Rex or using the under arm to hold out. GREAT WORK, JASON!

Pack flatter, plays BIGGER! SURVEY SAYS...SOLD! [/quote]

"fooling spectators with that method would not be unusual"

It would not be unusual, it would be impossible. One glance in a mirror in that position will tell you why. It is a camera only method, not just because of the impossible angles, but also because you can't move around in that position. It's nothing like using the under arm as a hold out.
Ordered!
[quote]On May 26, 2019, Magicsquared wrote:
[quote]On May 26, 2019, EZrhythm wrote:

Pack flatter, plays BIGGER! SURVEY SAYS...SOLD! [/quote]

"fooling spectators with that method would not be unusual"

It would not be unusual, it would be impossible. One glance in a mirror in that position will tell you why. It is a camera only method, not just because of the impossible angles, but also because you can't move around in that position. It's nothing like using the under arm as a hold out. [/quote]

So I guess it depends on your definition of spectators. If your spectators are on the other side of the screen then it would not be impossible. Itís all semantics I guess. Good pints both ways but I feel it definitely has a place as a legit method for digital media.
I agree Jason as long as it states that this method is for media only . Not on this effect by the way as it has loads of other real world applications , on others though when they would describe it as workable but their idea of workable is under camera conditions only yet they make out otherwise .
This thread with your brilliant answers and input is a lesson to all imo Gaz 🙂
Is there any way those of us not on Instagram can get to see the post?
[quote]On May 26, 2019, PaulW wrote:
Is there any way those of us not on Instagram can get to see the post? [/quote]
Did you try just clicking on the link?

I think it should just play in a web browser. Iím out of the house today but iíll Upload the video to YouTube tomorrow and repost it 👍🏼
[quote]On May 26, 2019, Andre Hagen wrote:
Did you try just clicking on the link? [/quote]

Can you please post the link you have mentioned?
[quote]On May 26, 2019, Andre Hagen wrote:
Did you try just clicking on the link? [/quote]

Can you please post the link you have mentioned? [/quote]

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdYTR9THn1Q/?igshid=1d8fjtp09b7m4
Penguin is listing Flat Pack as "discontinued." That's odd.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S26923
[quote]On May 28, 2019, thecromulent wrote:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S26923 [/quote]

Hi,

Itís because Murphys magic have completely sold out. The response to this product has been incredible. We had to get the manufacturer back into production but obviously there will be a lead time for this. Once the dealers have sold the stock they are holding, the people that have missed out will have to wait a little while for the next batch. Hopefully not too long though
It's just strange that they say "discontinued" and not just "out of stock."

"This product has been discontinued. If you are the manufacturer of this item please contact Penguin to help us re-stock."

To me, "discontinued" has a negative connotation. If I were you, I would get in touch with them right away and have this corrected.

Can't wait to get my hands on one!
Very good point. Big difference. Only Penguin could cock up on this level.
Thanks for the heads up Iíve raised it with the team at Murphys. Iíve just looked back at the screw. Shot I took the other day when it first went out of stock and it said something completely different.
Me and a friend received ours today canít believe how this is getting such good reviews looks so cheap and fragile his has snapped already mine will go up for sale before mine does
Maybe discontinued was correct then. You wouldnít believe the amount of money Iíve saved through ignoring the hype crap and waiting for honest user reviews.
[quote]On May 28, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Maybe discontinued was correct then. You wouldnít believe the amount of money Iíve saved through ignoring the hype crap and waiting for honest user reviews. [/quote]

Yep good advice ! Be more selective
[quote]On May 28, 2019, cardbiker wrote:
Me and a friend received ours today canít believe how this is getting such good reviews looks so cheap and fragile his has snapped already mine will go up for sale before mine does [/quote]

Really sorry to hear you feel this way about it. The nature of the gimmick means

a) itís going to look like a folded up card box because thatís essentially what it is.
b) what youíve described as snapping is inevitable but it takes a couple of minutes to rectify (as described in the explanations) and the more you use the gimmick the less this will happen as you become more familiar with handling it.

My advice would be to stick with it and youíll get to grips with it and realise that actually what appears fragile will last a long time. Totally understand if you decide you donít want to persevere it as everyone is different.
Why should we have to repair it after half an hour of playing around with it?
You know Iím not even going to resell it why should anyone else be stuck with it.
Garbage in my opinion
Stick to traditional methods. Thatís what I say.
I cancelled my order with Penguin because it was only available in a blue card case...Are there plans to introduce RED? I would also like to hear what others say about how fragile the gimmick is. More specifically, is this well-suited for strolling or would it wear too quickly?
[quote]On May 28, 2019, cardbiker wrote:
Why should we have to repair it after half an hour of playing around with it?
You know Iím not even going to resell it why should anyone else be stuck with it.
Garbage in my opinion [/quote]

Like I said Iím sorry you feel that way. If you change your mind at any point and decide to give it another go in the future Iíd be more than happy to skype and Work through any issues youíve got with it and give you some tips on how to avoid it happening in the future, just pm me.
Jason,
I appreciate you standing behind your product this way. But magicians these days want the trick to require no work on their part. Iím sure Iíll be flamed for this... but dear lord, can anyone say snowflake.

Great product. No issues with it from a seasoned magician. Keep up the good work.
[quote]On May 28, 2019, trickymagic wrote:
Jason,
I appreciate you standing behind your product this way. But magicians these days want the trick to require no work on their part. Iím sure Iíll be flamed for this... but dear lord, can anyone say snowflake.

Great product. No issues with it from a seasoned magician. Keep up the good work. [/quote]

Thank you so much that means a lot.
Mark Newsome has just done an independent review of Flat Pack on YouTube you can see it here:

https://youtu.be/rl2Z-FScNhQ
Someone want to create a group to discuss ideas or something in facebook?
[quote]On May 29, 2019, Arielhamui wrote:
Someone want to create a group to discuss ideas or something in facebook? [/quote]
Iíll be discussing this on the Murphys live stream tonight and weíll have something set up by the end of the week
Another review just in

https://youtu.be/wHvJjMA6Hd8
Really, really good product! As Jason has mentioned check out my review above.
[quote]On May 29, 2019, Rooster wrote:
Really, really good product! As Jason has mentioned check out my review above. [/quote]

Rooster - You're on it man! Great to see reviews on new products coming out so quickly! Gonna keep a close eye on your channel ;)
[quote]On May 29, 2019, spaceman-sam wrote:
[quote]On May 29, 2019, Rooster wrote:
Really, really good product! As Jason has mentioned check out my review above. [/quote]

Rooster - You're on it man! Great to see reviews on new products coming out so quickly! Gonna keep a close eye on your channel ;) [/quote]

Try my best fella 😊 And thanks for the support!
Great review, Rooster! Thank you. ALso, nice hat. Reminds me of Jimi Hendrix. I am looking forward to your future reviews.

Michael
Received it a couple days ago. Played around with it a bit. Not exactly what I imagined it would be. It's Better. It looks amazing. This will floor any spectator. Looks very magical pulling a deck of cards from a previously folded up card box...Wow! I like it alot. It will require practice as does any good trick but it is definitely doable especially close up. Not a lot of practice needed...maybe a few days to a week. It is very easy if you perform seated at a table or standing behind a counter as I do. It will wear overtime as does any card or playing card box but the download teaches you how to repair. Someone mentioned here a concern with cards falling....no need to worry about that happening. I think it is well made and have no concerns of it getting damaged if handled the way it is intended.
[quote]On May 29, 2019, magicinsight wrote:
Great review, Rooster! Thank you. ALso, nice hat. Reminds me of Jimi Hendrix. I am looking forward to your future reviews.

Michael [/quote]

Thanks very much :) Interesting you mention Jimi in regards to that hat, it does have a musical history! It actually belonged to an old tour manager of Led Zepplin and was given to me by Jimmy Pageís ex wife at a charity event 🤣🤣 Not quite Hendrix but iíll take it 😎😎
I'm going live with Jason Knowles to talk all things FLAT PACK! https://www.facebook.com/MurphysMagicSupplies/videos/367364407242243

Get your questions ready, hope to see some of your there
Just got the replay for this up on YouTube. Check out the interview with Jason Knowles below..

[youtube]jayvd6e__Aw[/youtube]
I only scanned through the facebook Q&A video. Was it performed live at any point or did they just show video clips?
There is a live performance.
I'm sorry....it is video clips. I didn't see a live performance with spectators.
[quote]On May 31, 2019, Magikgym wrote:
I'm sorry....it is video clips. I didn't see a live performance with spectators. [/quote]

Going to the trouble of doing a live facebook video on the trick and then not actually performing it live is strange. I had a feeling the load of the deck might be a little angly and unreliable in the real world, and the choice not to do it live seems to support that idea.
[quote]On May 31, 2019, Magicsquared wrote:
I'm sorry....it is video clips. I didn't see a live performance with spectators. [/quote]

Going to the trouble of doing a live facebook video on the trick and then not actually performing it live is strange. I had a feeling the load of the deck might be a little angly and unreliable in the real world, and the choice not to do it live seems to support that idea. [/quote]

Simultaneously not understanding the marketing value of Facebook and also demonstrating why people guessing at something they do not own (or have not even seen in person) is ill advised. But hey, that's the world we live in, people pretending to know right? Go check out the Instagram page if you are actually curious about angles, as there are more than enough videos for anyone who actually wants to make an educated assessment.

As someone who ACTUALLY owns this, there are less angle issues than I was expecting. I did actually expect more that what we got (I actually expected 2 pieces to the gimmick, with a magnetic locking component) but it is perfectly serviceable. The Facebook group is a huge value.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (May 31, 2019 01:22PM)
[quote]On May 31, 2019, Lemniscate wrote:
Simultaneously not understanding the marketing value of Facebook and also demonstrating why people guessing at something they do not own (or have not even seen in person) is ill advised. But hey, that's the world we live in, people pretending to know right? Go check out the Instagram page if you are actually curious about angles, as there are more than enough videos for anyone who actually wants to make an educated assessment.
As someone who ACTUALLY owns this, there are less angle issues than I was expecting. I did actually expect more that what we got (I actually expected 2 pieces to the gimmick, with a magnetic locking component) but it is perfectly serviceable. The Facebook group is a huge value. [/quote]

Hey Lemniscate, why the hate? No need to talk in that denigrating way. He says it's strange for him there was no live performance. Which is a valid point, I would expect that too. Then he says it MIGHT be a litlle angly, and that this choice SEEMS to support that idea.
That's not ill advised guessing, that's logical thinking and carefully formulating a possibility. Could he be wrong? Sure! But can he think out loud on a forum? Sure!
[quote]On May 31, 2019, Lemniscate wrote:

Simultaneously not understanding the marketing value of Facebook and also demonstrating why people guessing at something they do not own (or have not even seen in person) is ill advised. But hey, that's the world we live in, people pretending to know right?. [/quote]

The "marketing value" of doing a live event and only showing pre-recorded video clips of the trick in action? Such cunning "marketing" is just too clever for me, I guess.

Given that this was advertised with a version of the effect that can only be done for camera (the gif in the email from murphys) you would think they'd want to show how practical it is in real life. Instead I walked away from it thinking they didn't have the faith in the product to perform it live. But according to Lemniscate's marketing degree, that's actually a good thing.
Just published a MagicWorld Review Flat Pack... You can watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoTQj2QSEcw
Please sub if you like our reviews! :)

All the best
Anthony
www.magicworld.co.uk
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (May 31, 2019 02:49PM)
But according to Lemniscate's marketing degree, that's actually a good thing. [/quote]

:LOL:
[quote]On May 31, 2019, magicant wrote:
Just published a MagicWorld Review Flat Pack... You can watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoTQj2QSEcw
Please sub if you like our reviews! :)

All the best
Anthony
www.magicworld.co.uk [/quote]

Good review, and put me down as a "yes please" on the stickers idea.

Going to the trouble of doing a live facebook video on the trick and then not actually performing it live is strange. I had a feeling the load of the deck might be a little angly and unreliable in the real world, and the choice not to do it live seems to support that idea. [/quote]

Hey fella totally understand why you may have come to this conclusion. Their are a number of factors here. Firstly I wasnít asked actually asked. I did had if on the table next to me ready to perform it if asked. Secondly Iím just going through a house renovation at the moment so I was squeezed into a tiny corner on the landing which would have meant having to move to a different space to perform it and then back to where I was for the Q&A which I was willing to do if asked but thought it just seemed a little pointless an clunky if not. Lastly you wouldnít have actually got any value from it. The camera would have been directly in front of me and I have performed it for a camera at that angle a million times so it would have looked no different than some of the video clips youíve already seen and definitely would have not given you any insight on angles. Iím really open about this product so my advice would be get down to your magic dealer in person and ask to see it, or if you donít have a magic dealer near by give me a shout and Iíd be more than happy to demo it on skype or something. The truth is it looks just the same regardless. In the black and white IG video you really can see everything you need to know.
Hope all of that makes sense 👍🏼
Even though I do not have this I can tell that the load looks super smooth. This looks really good, IMO. I am sure I will pick one up.
The secret is smooth. Some would need a little confidence to do it. But the nice thing is there are many methods to achieving the same outcome that require zero confidence because it's super easy.
Have not got it ultra smooth but very nearly, loading from the sleeve. Just drop your arm and load.
I like the looks of this.
Start with Flat Pack... card selected, signed, lost... all cards vanish except the signed card per Level One... hand them the card to keep and fold up the card box.
[quote]On Jun 2, 2019, Wravyn wrote:
I like the looks of this.
Start with Flat Pack... card selected, signed, lost... all cards vanish except the signed card per Level One... hand them the card to keep and fold up the card box. [/quote]
A lot of people have been talking about pairing this up with level. Sounds like a great idea
Received the flat pack in the mail yesterday, very excited to use it. My gimmick was sticking, but as per the instructions I made an adjustment and now it works great. A word to the wise: Watch the instructions all the way through before using the gimmick. I know, this is generally an obvious statement, but for me the temptation was too great and I added extra wear to the gimmick that I couldíve avoided if I wouldíve watch the instructions more thoroughly first.
[quote]On Jun 3, 2019, Hudson Lee wrote:
Received the flat pack in the mail yesterday, very excited to use it. My gimmick was sticking, but as per the instructions I made an adjustment and now it works great. A word to the wise: Watch the instructions all the way through before using the gimmick. I know, this is generally an obvious statement, but for me the temptation was too great and I added extra wear to the gimmick that I couldíve avoided if I wouldíve watch the instructions more thoroughly first. [/quote]

Be sure to join the Facebook group. Iíve shared a lot of additional information including full gimmick deconstruction and reconstruction

https://www.facebook.com/groups/422595201865352/?ref=share

You will need the password you got inside the box to join the group
Got Flat Pack in the mail on Friday. I can see the work and thought that went into creating this which is why my first question is why use yellow elastic to create the gimmick when white would blend perfectly with the white corners of the card box? Just an aesthetic thing that I think would be an improvement. I've played with it for maybe an hour and wouldn't dare try to perform it while standing. I'm a table hopper and mainly perform standing up, but I think this trick is easier to perform stetted. I don't believe too many will be performing this straight out of the box. Before performing this in front of anyone, it will take some practice (for me it will be standing in front of a mirror), pocket management and most importantly audience management. With careful handling, I'm wondering how often it will need mending? One hour, so far so good.
Hey there!

I posted a review of this on my YouTube channel!

Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCcgQteII5s&t=41s

Hope this helps :)
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jun 14, 2019 02:57AM)
I'm not sure if Steve Faulkner's review has been mentioned here yet. I think it's the best review so far, anyone interested in this should watch it, imo. He makes an excellent point about the moment of the load. Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRHt9GnN-bc
[quote]On Jun 14, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
I'm not sure if Steve Faulkner's review has been mentioned here yet. I think it's the best review so far, anyone interested in this should watch it, imo. He makes an excellent point about the moment of the load. Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRHt9GnN-bc [/quote]

Itís made me really think as a couple of magicians have approached me now mentioning the same concern. Itís something Iíve never really experienced personally and I think there are more subtleties here that I could have expanded on in the tutorial in hind sight. That being said we have a Facebook group for people who have purchased Flat Pack so Iím going to film some additional content this weekend covering this topic and share it in the group.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jun 15, 2019 01:21PM)
Wow! An inventor that provides us with a terriffic trailer giving all the info we need, that is alert & responsive to both praise and critique and willing to put in all the effort to help his customers. My hat's off to you, mr. Knowles :applause:
Hi everyone,

here is my review of Flap Pack by Jason Knowles and Profiteer by Adrian Vega .

Hope it helps :)

[youtube]OEexMxFDEuE[/youtube]

Best,
Kaan
When is this going to available again? Its sold out everywhere :/
[quote]On Jun 25, 2019, RussoMagic.com wrote:
When is this going to available again? Its sold out everywhere :/ [/quote]
Murphys is saying July 20th

Even then.. those units dealers have backordered will get reserved by customers before then, so I'd suggest choosing whichever dealer you shop with, and reserving one asap

Hope this helps you

Dominic
[quote]On May 28, 2019, thecromulent wrote:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S26923 [/quote]

It's happened again.
I know it can be confusing. It says out of stock and then in most cases just ignore what it says about being discontinued. That seems to be a stock notice Penguin puts up whenever a product is out of stock.
Of course many products have been discontinued, mostly older ones, but it will still say that regardless.
[quote]On Jul 21, 2019, videoman wrote:
I know it can be confusing. It says out of stock and then in most cases just ignore what it says about being discontinued. That seems to be a stock notice Penguin puts up whenever a product is out of stock.
Of course many products have been discontinued, mostly older ones, but it will still say that regardless. [/quote]

Yeah, I figured. Just seems kind of sloppy on Penguin's end. Especially the part about how the manufacturer should contact them.
Heads up jason has released a special black ops edition. Available from him 10 units worldwide. 9 now as I've just ordered one.
[quote]On Jul 25, 2019, magic in mind wrote:
Heads up jason has released a special black ops edition. Available from him 10 units worldwide. 9 now as I've just ordered one. [/quote]

Thanks for the info! I got one as well!
Differences with sudden deck 3.0??
[quote]On Jul 25, 2019, Fero wrote:
Differences with sudden deck 3.0?? [/quote]. Only have to watch the demos?? There both way different. But the sudden deck 3.0 will last a lot longer to where the flat pack you will have to repair at sometime.
The Black Ops edition looked cool. I got one before they are gone!
Wait what, where do I get black ops edition and what is it!?
Jason's website deceptions is reality..its a red flatpack with an extra gimmick..giving an invisible load via a table..with additional material and ideas..costed me an xtra 15 pounds with delivery..was just about to pre order a red one from Saturn magic..which would have been cheaper n free shipping. But only 10 units worldwide worth a punt..Sudden deck is available again via penguin..was considering it..but I like flatpack better..you could still use the same patter with flatpack..but I'll be leaning more towards going up to a group asking if anyone has a deck of cards as you sat on your deck flattened it and cards have spilled out somewhere..of course unless your in a casino..you'll get a no..so magically produce one ..then show some effects.
It sure beats going up to folk and asking if they want to see a card trick.
Kind of reminds me of the ol' "Did anyone drop this black pocketknife?" opening line.

[quote]On Jul 25, 2019, magic in mind wrote:
Jason's website deceptions is reality..its a red flatpack with an extra gimmick..giving an invisible load via a table..with additional material and ideas..costed me an xtra 15 pounds with delivery..was just about to pre order a red one from Saturn magic..which would have been cheaper n free shipping. But only 10 units worldwide worth a punt..Sudden deck is available again via penguin..was considering it..but I like flatpack better..you could still use the same patter with flatpack..but I'll be leaning more towards going up to a group asking if anyone has a deck of cards as you sat on your deck flattened it and cards have spilled out somewhere..of course unless your in a casino..you'll get a no..so magically produce one ..then show some effects.
It sure beats going up to folk and asking if they want to see a card trick. [/quote]
Thanks for the heads up- in for one of the Black Ops as well.
Hi, Just a heads up for everyone. I havenít released a black ops edition so to speak. I posted a few videos on IG performing this ďblackĒ version a few weeks back and it generated a lot of interest and as I had some of the materials left over as well as 10 red flat pack gimmicks. I decided to put a package together (which Iíve called black ops edition) with what I had left over which includes the ability to perform this version as well as some other ideas on uses for the excess materials. It was actually an additional £10 which was to cover the cost of the materials and time but all 10 copies have been snapped up quickly and I donít intend on extending this as a release. If anyone owns Flat Pack already and has seen the videos Iím sure they understand whatís going on and will be able to replicate it themselves 👍🏼
Well feel privileged to have 1 of 10 copies anyway.Kinda cool and looking forward to it.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jul 26, 2019 02:06PM)
And again... an honest, clear and unpretentious answer by Jason. Iím a fan.
I'm not sure if Steve Faulkner's review has been mentioned here yet. I think it's the best review so far, anyone interested in this should watch it, imo. He makes an excellent point about the moment of the load. Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRHt9GnN-bc [/quote]

And yet, I feel certain that the "moment of the load" is exactly WHY this could be awesome.

Not knowing the exact mechanism in place, I can't be sure, but it seems to me that using a Mullica style load would mean that all the dirty work is done well in advance, in fact, it could easily be done as you pull your wallet out.......

And yet, people are saying that performing this standing up is problematic....so I assume the load can't be done in this way. And I see without question that it most certainly could, with perhaps some modifications. Not only that, with such a load, there would be NO angle problems. And standing up would be a breeze.

I'm a fan of these type of effects, but has Jason missed a very simple solution here? I suspect version 2.0 might address these issues...or maybe this version will work with this loading method....
[quote]On Jul 29, 2019, Potty the Pirate wrote:

And yet, I feel certain that the "moment of the load" is exactly WHY this could be awesome.

Not knowing the exact mechanism in place, I can't be sure, but it seems to me that using a Mullica style load would mean that all the dirty work is done well in advance, in fact, it could easily be done as you pull your wallet out.......

And yet, people are saying that performing this standing up is problematic....so I assume the load can't be done in this way. And I see without question that it most certainly could, with perhaps some modifications. Not only that, with such a load, there would be NO angle problems. And standing up would be a breeze.

I'm a fan of these type of effects, but has Jason missed a very simple solution here? I suspect version 2.0 might address these issues...or maybe this version will work with this loading method.... [/quote]

Hey buddy, Youíre quite right. There is a wallet load in the trailer and a wallet load taught on the download not using a Mullica wallet but the same idea. For stage it would work great with a large envelope etc.
Got a chance to play with this recently and I was very impressed! Its very practical for how visual it is IMO
Does anyone have a link to the black art performance?
[quote]On Jul 29, 2019, paranormal wrote:
Does anyone have a link to the black art performance? [/quote]

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzbe-jTnFLq/?igshid=m0imydgj4j4k
Hi Guys,

We have it back in stock ready for shipping today. :) Pheew that was a long wait. :)

Available now and ships out today at: https://tinyurl.com/y5sstqne

Best,
Tom
I just posted my take on Flat Pack on my Instagram!

Here's a link: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5t4s4hnLm5/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Hope you find it entertaining :)
Have not got it ultra smooth but very nearly, loading from the sleeve. Just drop your arm and load.

Nice idea...
Plus BRAVO on not tricking people as well
Best,
Jeff