(Close Window)
Topic: What is your favorite comedy routine ?
What is your favorite comedy routine ?
Exchange by Wayne Dobson is always good for a laugh and easy to do!
I have two. (Does that disqualify me?

#1 is my wands and fan routine. It uses some sight gags with an "ordinary" wand, some schtick with a brakawa wand, then a show stop laugh with a shooting wand, followed by MY brakawa fan. The fan has several laughs, followed by big applause. On two occasions, I have had a STANDING OVATION IN MID SHOW, IN HIGH SCHOOLS, at the finish of the wands & fan!

I wrote up the routine in detail in my book.

#2 is my DISECTO routine. One of my earliest prop purchases (1946) was Percy Abbott's DISECTO. At first, I did the standard stuff (bloody rags, a container to catch the falling hand, etc. I wore out my first Disecto, learning how to present it! It was a couple seasons before I finally "found" my current presentation! It has been a feature in nearly every high school program, since! Five minutes of LAUGHS, and big APPLAUSE!

If I had 15 minutes in a high sch0ol, I would do my standard opening (color change silk, my "illusion" routine, the fan and wands, and close with the Disecto!

I wrote it up in my book, too.
Who, what, and I don't know.
(A) Wireless Wizardry’s Jumbo Card Routine with Balloons. I use it with Creative Magic’s Bigger Wands/Biggest Wands.

and

(B) Steve Spill’s (Kohler) Mindreading Goose.
My Perverse Egg Bag routine where the egg is smashed in my pocket.
I would have to agree w/ MJ Marrs. Hands down its got to be the Mind Reading Goose. Ive only seen it performed on youtube but it is hillarious! Steve Spill is just funny period! $.02
Slush Powder routine, especially the way Justin Willman does it
Nothing puts the fun into FUNeral like Endless Color Streamer from the cadavers anus. I paint them to look like intestines and each color reveals a part of their last meal. For funerals when you can't do a nude act, coins from behind the cadaver's ear is my favorite.
Card At Any Number?
The spectator searches for their freely chosen card which has been shuffled/cut/lost into the deck.
It is not found, but stuck to the performers forehead.

An intermediate sleight used in my performance of over 30+ years.
Basic sleights ... that's all.
Doc Eason’s version of “Stan Kate & Edith”. I have the set he sells and also made a set in poker size cards myself.
Eric Leclerc’s “Everlasting Sponge Balls” is a recent comedy routine that I like (but my personal opinion is that parts are not for kids in today’s PC world).
Who's on first? by Abbot and Costello.
^is there a way we can turn this into a fun effect? Im also doing a cards version of the devil went down to Georgia