(Close Window)
Topic: A question for all the TT users out there
Message: Posted by: warren (May 25, 2019 11:07AM)
A quick question for all the TT users out there particularly those who use the Vernet range.....do you prefer the classic Vernet or the soft Vernet and is there any benefit of using one over the other especially when it comes to bill switches ?
Message: Posted by: davidpaul$ (May 26, 2019 10:31PM)
I use the hard plastic for bill switches because the bills slide easier. The soft don't execute as well as the bill hangs up against the softer surface. My opinion.
Message: Posted by: puggo (May 27, 2019 05:04AM)
[quote]On May 26, 2019, davidpaul$ wrote:
I use the hard plastic for bill switches because the bills slide easier. The soft don't execute as well as the bill hangs up against the softer surface. My opinion. [/quote]
+1
Message: Posted by: Dannydoyle (May 27, 2019 11:01AM)
Having a hard surface seems to help me with the switch as well.
Message: Posted by: warren (May 27, 2019 11:31AM)
Thanks for everyone's input it's much appreciated, would any of you say it makes a difference if you suffer with dry hands at all in regards to what TT you use ?
Message: Posted by: TheAmbitiousCard (May 27, 2019 03:53PM)
I use the XL hard version.
Mainly used with a silk/tt trick.
Message: Posted by: Walking Bob (May 27, 2019 08:26PM)
I also prefer the Vernet hard plastic.

Have a great day,

Walking Bob in Iowa
Message: Posted by: MeetMagicMike (May 28, 2019 03:08AM)
With dry hands you still should use the hard thumb tip but need your thumb to have some friction to pull the bil out.
I confess that I lick my thumb.
Message: Posted by: davidpaul$ (May 28, 2019 07:07AM)
[quote]On May 27, 2019, warren wrote:
Thanks for everyone's input it's much appreciated, would any of you say it makes a difference if you suffer with dry hands at all in regards to what TT you use ? [/quote]

On my way to the gig I use O'Keefs hand cream generously which works very well for me.
I perform this switch "allot". I also have "Quick -Sort" in my close-up case for quick touch ups.
Message: Posted by: warren (May 28, 2019 01:05PM)
[quote]On May 28, 2019, davidpaul$ wrote:

On my way to the gig I use O'Keefs hand cream generously which works very well for me.
I perform this switch "allot". I also have "Quick -Sort" in my close-up case for quick touch ups. [/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion David I have tried O'keefs but it didn't do anything for me personally, to be honest when I'm at a gig my hands are better for some reason and have no bother with cards or coins however I wouldn't want to risk it when performing a bill switch especially as we're now using polymer bills in the UK now.
Message: Posted by: redheadjuggler (May 28, 2019 04:22PM)
I've always used a Vernet Soft for bill switches.
Message: Posted by: warren (May 29, 2019 04:16PM)
Thanks for everyone's input I have decided to order both and see which one suits me best.
Message: Posted by: dave_matkin (Jun 11, 2019 01:16PM)
[quote]On May 28, 2019, MeetMagicMike wrote:
With dry hands you still should use the hard thumb tip but need your thumb to have some friction to pull the bil out.
I confess that I lick my thumb. [/quote]

better than sticking it up your.......
Message: Posted by: dave_matkin (Jun 11, 2019 01:51PM)
[quote]On Jun 11, 2019, dave_matkin wrote:
[quote]On May 28, 2019, MeetMagicMike wrote:
With dry hands you still should use the hard thumb tip but need your thumb to have some friction to pull the bil out.
I confess that I lick my thumb. [/quote]

better than sticking it up your....... [/quote]



...................................nose.... what did you think I was going to say? You guys making up your own jokes?
Message: Posted by: warren (Jun 12, 2019 04:15PM)
Having purchased one of each and tried them both out I have to say that the classic Vernet was better than the soft for me personally.
Message: Posted by: Brent McLeod (Jul 20, 2019 12:36AM)
Classic Vernet TT I find works best for bill switch or silk work..
Message: Posted by: magictia (Sep 4, 2019 06:11AM)
The hard one make the bill slide better and make the move more fluid in my opinion