(Close Window)
Topic: Amazing Pocket Hypno-Spinner
I recently bought an Amazing Pocket Hypno-Spinner off of here. I was told in PM that it was a one of a kind exclusive. Later I found out they can be had for $10 a piece on Amazon, I was charged three times that. Nothing I can do about that, but I don't want anyone else to fall prey to it. I was told by the seller we had done business before and was asked to send the money friends and family. Never again.

[url]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C1HZ9C2/ref=twister_B07C1H34WW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1[/url]
Oh so many questions.

Why would you want or need such a thing?

You were told by the seller you had done business before? Shouldn't you have known that?

Wasn'tthe friends and family thing a big ol clue?

Why would you send it to him that way and not to a business thing. Did he discount it for you?
1. Its a portable way to do the shrinking/growing head illusion. It's a conversation piece.
2. I've done business with loads of people through the years, buying and selling. I don't keep track of every person.
3. No, I've been asked to do that many times before.

Anyway, I posted that to prevent others from being taken in.
Did he offer you a discount for sending friends and family? Saying he won't charge you tax?
No. There was no tax charged.
Discount for friends and family?

I mean really all you did was not shop around right? You simply didn't find the best deal and sent money in a shady way for some reason.

He gave you a sales pitch and you went for it.
I think he's been pretty clear that he made a mistake and he's just looking out for other users.
Actually he hasn't been that clear on what the mistake was? See the "friends and family" thing is done by people generally trying to do something shady. If you use that method of shady business with the thinking that you will get a discount BECAUSE you are participating in something shady THAT is where the mistake is.

It seems like he is trying to warn people about who he bought it from, instead of warning them about doing things like "friends and family" when clearly it is not.

There IS a difference. I am not trying to bust his chops. But this thing happens all the time and people just think it is okay to do it.
I interpreted it as "Don't do any of the things in this post". Meaning - check if a price is actually decent, don't send Friends and Family unless it actually is friends or family.
Chris, I hope you remember that sellers name and if by chance you see more items being sold by them, don't buy again. Also I hope that they are thankful you are not hunting them down, your background in martial arts would be a rude awakening.
I did search for the item and couldn't find it. I PMed the seller about it and that is when he said it was a "one of a kind exclusive." I send money by friends and family to a few different people, it didn't throw up a red flag. Even if I had sent it normally I would have no recourse, I did receive the item.

Magicians helping magicians ... that's why I rarely come to this subforum. It is the same thing every time.
Thank you, Chris, for posting your alternative find from Amazon. I just ordered one and think it will be great for a close-up piece of mental magic I have in mind.

Your contribution has indeed been helpful, at least to me, unlike the follow-up post which I have a hard time believing benefits anyone in any way. Not to mention that the latter's content is totally ineffectual in bringing about change in others, supposing that was the intended goal.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up!

Thomas Henry