(Close Window)
Topic: Best one coin routine
Mickey Silver would certainly fall in this category but is not available. Any suggestions.

Best

Steve
You are kidding, right?
There is literally books on this topic.
Nelson; BoBo, Dexter; Kort; Ganson and more.

Which theme?
Miser dream; coin box; ribbon, bag, matrix, there are others.
What venue?
Bar magic, walk around, night club, stage?
[quote]On Jun 19, 2019, Jerry wrote:
You are kidding, right?
There is literally books on this topic.
Nelson; BoBo, Dexter; Kort; Ganson and more.

Which theme?
Miser dream; coin box; ribbon, bag, matrix, there are others.
What venue?
Bar magic, walk around, night club, stage? [/quote]

Yes I have all those. Those you mention aren't really one coin. The venue is really academic but close-up. As I mentioned, thinking in terms of Silver.

Best
Https://www.ellusionist.com/moritz-mueller-one-coin-routine.html
I had the pleasure of seeing Mickey Silver perform a one-coin routine at the Magic Castle many moons ago. Extraordinary!

Iíd also look into the DVDís with Apollo Robbins & Shoot Ogawa that Bob Kohler produced years ago. Some really nice, visual one-coin stuff.
I like the "Flurry" by David Roth. It is on DVD and "Expert Coin Magic". I also like the Moritz Mueller routine, Ponta The Smith's from "Sick", and "The Batchelor Coin Routine" by Kainoa Hardbottle. There are many, but level of difficulty and whether you lean towards a flourish or more of a trick will play into it. Also a factor is if there is really only 1 coin, or another hidden, or any gimmicks. Check out the Conjuring Archive and search for "one coin routine"
There isn't really a best as it's always down to what suits the performer and what the performers need's are so what might play well for one may not play well for another.
Some guy who called himself Slydini had a slick one coin routine that flows nicely. :)

Julie
[quote]On Jun 23, 2019, Julie wrote:
Some guy who called himself Slydini had a slick one coin routine that flows nicely. :)
[/quote]

Who?

Just kidding ;) Good add! I looked through my database and found others I liked at one time or another. Look at "Coin Fu" by Ryan Hyashi and of course check out Bobo.
Tom Stone has a really nice one coin routine.
Yes 66, I always thought Stone's routine was one of the very best as it brought together a variety of surprising & magical moments. One of the very best for sure, bar none. :)
Try: https://www.conjuringarchive.com/list/category/1060
Charlie
I like David Stone's one coin routine.
Fave one coin routine--Francis Menotti Pieces of nothing.
Best ??? the one your Use !!! :)
[quote]On Jun 25, 2019, ixnay66 wrote:
Tom Stone has a really nice one coin routine. [/quote]

Where is Tom's routine.

Best
Some of the best "one" coin routines are done with two. hehe. It really can help magic happen for the spectator.

Sometimes we forget about Michael Ammar's early coin work. If you look at his early coin routines and productions they are very will thought out , in his big book.
Max T. Oz

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=686350&forum=3
You may want to consider this one:

https://www.copelandcoins.com/products/insights
[quote]On Aug 9, 2019, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
You may want to consider this one:

https://www.copelandcoins.com/products/insights [/quote]

This is actually pretty good.

Thanks

Steve
Insights is great but works best for dollar sized coins. I love Eric Jonesís and Homer Liawagís one coin routines.
[quote]On Jun 26, 2019, Mb217 wrote:
Yes 66, I always thought Stone's routine was one of the very best as it brought together a variety of surprising & magical moments. One of the very best for sure, bar none. :) [/quote]Mb217 Do you know if one coin 2.0 is available for purchase I am still working on that routine I bought from the Godfather it was by Tim Feher one coin 2.0? I heard he now is in a different occupation and , perhaps is no longer available however I personally find his lesson enjoyable to perform.
Hiya King, welcome to the Cafť. 😊👍🏽

Yes, thatís a nice one by Tim Feher, a wonderful guy and closeup man. Simply, his work is just great! 😁 You might email Tim (an old member here on the Cafť) for any assistance as to his ď2.0.Ē Iím sure he would help you out. Tell him Mb sentícha. 😉

And again, welcome here. 😊
[quote]On Sep 23, 2019, Mb217 wrote:
Hiya King, welcome to the Cafť. 😊👍🏽

Yes, thatís a nice one by Tim Feher, a wonderful guy and closeup man. Simply, his work is just great! 😁 You might email Tim (an old member here on the Cafť) for any assistance as to his ď2.0.Ē Iím sure he would help you out. Tell him Mb sentícha. 😉

And again, welcome here. 😊 [/quote]Thank you for the warm welcome I also have your Heads tails effect and enjoy practicing it to hopefully get it smooth like your performance. I am definitely a fan of yours Mb217 and the godfather of magic himself Vinny. Cheers - John
See this just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKL9cb0SS74 not the best,not the worst,not the most difficult,not the longest but practical,well within the skill range of anyone.when Copperfield and Don Wayne saw/liked the "pinch" display in the middle they lifted it,put it at the top of one of his early specials and didn't pay me a dime.live and learn.it was the last thing I ever showed him.he's tight as two coats of paint.....
I was impressed with Moritz Mueller's One Coin Routine, the fact that he's only 15 years old, wow. Check it out at Ellusionist.