(Close Window)
Topic: A 2nd coming as a newbie
Hey all,
Not quite a new new arrival, since I first started reading and posting here about a decade ago...but then spent the last 8 or so years completely dormant from the site, and to be honest, pretty dormant from practicing any magic...though I maintained an active interest in seeing magic wherever and whenever possible, and regularly juggle. I work on board container ships for 4 or 5 months at a stretch, however, and on this latest run have recently busted out the old stack of Barber half dollars, and this time around am going to give card magic a shot as well, and have been getting into Royal Road, both the text and R. Paul Wilson's dvd. I don't hop on the computer here very often, but despite that am looking forward to being a little more active this time around.
-Vincent
Welcome back to Magic and the Café VincentC,

Sounds like you'll have time to practice.

Best of luck on the re-boot.

-Mary Mowder
Welcome back Vincent. I highly recommend Oz Perlman’s “Born to Perform” video available on Penguin, as I returning newbie I was never was into cards, but wanted to. Oz does great job in explaining basic slights and showing you tricks you can use them. It’s really helped me.

Safe travels.
Hi Vincent! I knew, or know, many of the great cardicians, like Vernon, Elmsley, Marlo, Jay, Racherbaumer, et al, and I have enjoyed their work. Unfortunately, when I attempt the 21 card trick, I get stuck at about 15.