(Close Window)
Topic: Thumb Cuff Escape
Good afternoon friends - someone has a DVD Comedy Thumb Cuff Escape by Steve Lancaster. Is there something new there? your opinion? Thanks for any review assistance! :handcuffs:
Not seen it - sorry no help here.

It seems to me that nearly every time someone comes on here (don't mean this in an inflammatory way)and mentioned thumb cuffs ... the word ... comedy is used.

It seems that everyone wants to perform comedy escapes.

I much prefer my audiences to be scared for me than laughing at the escape part... not that there is no laughing but I want the escape to be more gut-wrenching.
I want thumb-tie to have mystery. Comedy may be PART of it, but not the point at all.
....that's the same way I feel about the Strait-Jacket Escape...

Almost every "magician-comedian" does the Jacket for a big laugh.....so, in the public's mind - just how "tough" can a strait-jacket be to get out of?....if every magician & clown is getting out of one?

The same applies to Thumb-Cuffs....these should be treated as the true regulation police (detective) restraint, that they once were - and saying that they were ultimately "banned" due to their torturous nature...

Lots of dramatic possibilities with slowly squeezing your thumbs out, while grimacing in pain; or by doing a 'pseudo-picking' routine with them.

....but No....Magicians choose to do a comedy "In & Out" with them, because they lack the skills to really do Escapes.