(Close Window)
Topic: Hello from Toronto!
Hi there!

I've been a long time fan of magic (grew up watching Paul Daniels) but only decided to really start digging in over the last 6 months or so due to my nieces/nephews getting to the point where magic is actually.. magical.

I've been a huge fan of coin magic ever since a family friend tricked me over and over with a french drop when I was younger so that's where I started! Been mostly practicing palming/sleights (bobos and a whole stack of videos) and finally started to get comfortable enough with them that I can do a few basic things.

I've recently started branching out into some minor card stuff as well, picking up Royal Road and working through that. Again, no tricks here just working on some general sleights/palms to make sure they're comfortable before I really look at something more complicated.

My wife is definitely getting sick of me making her watch me over and over =p

Looking forward to participating here and learning from you :D
Welcome to the Café.

Mirrors never get tired, and I'm sure the nieces and nephews probably love it.
Welcome neighbor. Perhaps we've rubbed shoulders at Browers Den. I'm there for most lectures. Marcus Eddy was a few weeks ago.
Patrick Redford lectures this Saturday.
Welcome Atroc,
that's how I started, as entertainment for my children, aged approx 3-5; approx 30 years ago.
And boy, they just loved it. And I must confess, me too.

As they grew older, I expanded the magic concepts and skills, to keep up with them, because they never tired of it.

It's a fantastic "pursuit" to follow, with many crossroads to take ...
cards, coins, dice, mentalism, self-working, impromptu, sleights ...etc.

Follow your dream ...
We probably have! Unfortunately I don't get to go to a lot of the lectures as I work weekends occasionally... and almost every weekend I've worked has been a lecture. I'm hoping to make it out on the 3rd though for the first saturday get-together!
Welcome atroc,

And welcome back to Magic.

Try an offer of helping your Wife with an interest of hers (eating cookies she baked does not count.)

Teaching her a simple trick can involve her in the fun.

-Mary Mowder