(Close Window)
Topic: No Sense by Kyle Littleton
Kyle is such a natural and talented magician.
I have seen him killing it with this effect.
You guys are going to like this, I love how each change is progressively more impossible.

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=63981

Join Luke Dancy and Kyle Littleton July 25th at 12pm PST to get the inside scoop and a Q&A about No Sense.
https://www.facebook.com/events/2389273571333275/

Best regards,
Titanas
Skill level?
A button?! It's going to be fun to end with that. No one (including magicians) is going to expect that from a coin effect. Well done!
I'm not a coin person ... but this does look good. And, the button finale is just unusual enough that I can see this playing very strong in the real world.

Can't wait to hear the reviews on this one.

~Oscar
[quote]On Jul 19, 2019, Magic KL wrote:
A button?! It's going to be fun to end with that. No one (including magicians) is going to expect that from a coin effect. Well done! [/quote]

A button???
I used to end a coin routine with a button several years ago.
I cry foul!!!

No, I'm totally kidding. I did use a button for a while until I lost the one I had the size of my Morgan dollar. What I miss the most about that button is that I could classic palm it better than any other object I've ever tried it with. Just a fantastic texture to it.
But I have no doubt that the idea of a coin changing to a button is in some magic magazine from the 1940's or something.
Hi everyone. You can see my review here

https://youtu.be/bmsbQs5pPgs

I've been playing with this for a while now, so any questions, let me know.

Have a lovely weekend!
Steve, thanks, good review and helpful.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jul 20, 2019 03:41AM)
I love your reviews, Steve. Best in the review business, IMO! I recently went to your Youtube channel and watched all of them.
Yes I concur , great reviews thoughtful and well balanced
Thanks
[quote]On Jul 19, 2019, stevefaulkner wrote:

Have a lovely weekend! [/quote]

Hi Steve,

Appreciate the review. Always enjoyable and informative.

I'm a bit confused. The ad copy says the trick "is easy to do," but you've said it's quite difficult. Did you mean it's difficult because you mostly work with ungimmicked coins, or is it just a difficult trick that they're labeling as "easy to do" to sell more units?

D.
A STC Set would simply accomplish this with ease no?
[quote]On Jul 19, 2019, stevefaulkner wrote:

Have a lovely weekend! [/quote]

Thanks for very informative review
Great review but it does scare me when he says how difficult it is a few times. I love coin magic and while I'm better than a beginner I'm certainly no expert. I'll wait to see it live at Magic Live at the Vanishing Inc dealer table. Then I'll decide.

Ed
I bought this at magic live a few years ago actually. Steveís review is very accurate. Kyle is a very nice guy, very funny and this is a clever trick. As Steve says it cozy and a fair bit of work for something that uses gimmicks. I also donít think half dollars are great for at the finger tip tricks. Itís nit impossible, your not doing a back of the wrist palm with 3 coins but it will be challenging to get it looking god for most. Also, like many coin tricks, it looks like something is going on even if youíre not quite sure what. Just my opinion.
Thanks for your kind words everyone. It's very much appreciated.

As Xcath mentioned, it's not super difficult, I just wanted to make sure people didn't take 'easy' to mean self-working or not needing much practice. I found that I could do the moves fairly quickly, but it took me a few weeks to get it smooth enough to try out without fear of flashing. If you're used to working with coins, you'll be fine and I had a really enjoyable time learning it.
If that's a bit vague, do let me know and I'll try to clarify.

Have a nice day all.
Any euro version coming soon ?
Join Luke Dancy as he interviews Kyle Littleton LIVE today at 12pm PST to learn all about No Sense and some other upcoming projects!
Get in on the action LIVE to ask questions and get them answered in real time!
https://www.facebook.com/events/2389273571333275/
I've got Kyle Littleton live with me to talk No Sense AND he's going to give you a peek at his next upcoming release https://www.facebook.com/MurphysMagicSupplies/videos/660720984411661
OK, I don't want to be a hater, but I am not confident in what I am seeing. Lots of cuts and hands going out of frame on the performance and reviews. Looks like a lot of off camera ditching. So not able to be performed as shown. Am I wrong?

One reviewer said a person off to the side would see how it works and yet in the trailer we have a girl to the side. I know about shading with the body, for something like three fly, but not sure how successful this really is.

Secondly, the handling is cozy and that is being generous. I would call it stiff and awkward. So those who have it and aren't biased, what do you really think of this trick?
Read Steve Faulkner review it is accurate. There is not off camera ditching but this is for spectators in front of you.
Agreed. Review is dead on. There is a lot going on here. Several gimmicks in play here which usually means a more simplified handling. Not so here. Here, the gimmicks pretty much just act as a mask and the amount of work required to dance around the masks is significant. Premise is good but the method is less than efficient.
I am actually looking forward to receiving this. This is going to be a great lead in effect to my other coin routines!

RNK
My issue with this is the fact that I really, really like it. The story line leads itself to very funny possibilities. I'll either learn Kyles handling, (I think I know what's going on) which I don't think is too difficult at all with a little practice, or just modify it and do a total switch at the end. Either way I'll be getting it, very creative and funny coin trick that doesn't bore me to death LOL!
I got this today and I do like it. However, I changed everything out for dollar sized gimmicks. It looks better and the handling is actually a little easier.
Hi all,
As KirkG has mentioned, the trailer doesn't show the clean-up. However, there isn't any off-camera ditching. Everything just gets put on the dirty hand at the end and away into the pocket. Or into the coin purse.
So though you end dorty, it's a pretty easy clean-up and nobody has yet to ask to look at anything.

Have a good day everyone :)
Mineís for sale if anyone wants it. $45 post paid
Check out my interview with Kyle to learn more about this and his other new release 3G!

[youtube]CsMm2k1mHVw[/youtube]
It's always nice to learn more about new releases. Thank you Murphy's for having these interviews.
Iíve been working this since the session I absolutely love the plot I performed it today in a shop buying a watch strap they only had pink or very pink.

Blew them away the button is killer I love that part itís so jarring.

For the clean up I place the coins in my quiver and turning them in to a tea bag which makes no sense itís magic.

Great job Kyle he was my highlight of the session this year.

Kind regards

Kieron
Love the tea bag idea Kieron!! Hopefully my set arrives soon.
Can anyone comment on the quality of the gimmicks?
I have already seen at least four of these on secondhand magic pages which naturally makes me sceptical. On the other hand it could be that people have realised that this actually takes practise and time to master so are putting it up for sale (which is fine, if its not for you its not for you!). Anyway, if someone who has this can provide some insight it would be much appreciated.

cheers

Michael
IMO, the gimmicks are pretty good. There are three gimmicks. And, if you think that makes it a self working trick, it's not. If you're into coins, a little practice and you should have it. If you're not into coins, it'll probably be a little more challenging.
Gimmicks are decent although the deep dish variety would have been better for better cover. The button is slightly rounded and that can make it a little tougher to control/conceal. My biggest issue is the noise factor at a couple points in the routine, especially phase 3. Doing the moves is one thing. Doing them silently is another.
[quote]On Aug 2, 2019, kieronthemighty wrote:

For the clean up I place the coins in my quiver and turning them in to a tea bag which makes no sense itís magic.

[/quote]

Terrific idea for a kicker - thanks for sharing.

The entire routine is a bit refreshing at a time when many folks seem insistent on finding meaning in magic. This one wears its randomness proudly. Very meta.
Iíve also been working this, and all I can say is I love it, when some reviewers say itís hard to do, itís not yes it will take you time if your not a coin magician, just a few days rehearsals to get moves down is perfect. The gimmicks are awsomme well made to last a lifetime, reset takes seconds this to me is in my opinion the best trick of the year that actually doesnít make sense😊😆