(Close Window)
Topic: Poker-Size Tarot - Coming Soon?
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Jul 30, 2019 08:25PM)
Hello all: I am building a poker-sized Tarot deck for a specific project but am also wondering who might be interested in them for their own effects. They use the standard Rider-Wait faces.

Christopher
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Jul 30, 2019 10:41PM)
Forgot to mention that as well as the standard 78 cards, these decks will have a double backer, blank face and an extra magician card.

Christopher
Ugh. I fear this will just encourage card tricks.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Jul 31, 2019 12:57AM)
[quote]On Jul 30, 2019, the Sponge wrote:
Ugh. I fear this will just encourage card tricks. [/quote]

To play devils advocate, I certainly hope so! :)

CT
[quote]On Jul 30, 2019, the Sponge wrote:
Ugh. I fear this will just encourage card tricks. [/quote]

"I see your Wheel of Fortune and raise you two Magicians!"
There's no need to wait for poker-sized cards to perform Tarot Card Tricks - been there; done that: https://www.magicnook.com/tarot-tricks/TarotTricksTOC.htm Having Tarot cards in poker size will just make more card tricks available.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Jul 31, 2019 01:55PM)
[quote]On Jul 31, 2019, jimgerrish wrote:
There's no need to wait for poker-sized cards to perform Tarot Card Tricks - been there; done that: https://www.magicnook.com/tarot-tricks/TarotTricksTOC.htm Having Tarot cards in poker size will just make more card tricks available. [/quote]

I have no idea if this new deck will make some tricks easier; as I stated in my original post, I am having them made for a specific project and that has noting to do with other card tricks. That said, judging by the absolute FLOOD of positive responses I have had from performers on social media, for what ever reason, people really like the idea of a poker-sized Tarot.

CT
[quote]On Jul 31, 2019, Christopher Taylor wrote:
[quote]On Jul 31, 2019, jimgerrish wrote:
There's no need to wait for poker-sized cards to perform Tarot Card Tricks - been there; done that: https://www.magicnook.com/tarot-tricks/TarotTricksTOC.htm Having Tarot cards in poker size will just make more card tricks available. [/quote]

I have no idea if this new deck will make some tricks easier; as I stated in my original post, I am having them made for a specific project and that has noting to do with other card tricks. That said, judging by the absolute FLOOD of positive responses I have had from performers on social media, for what ever reason, people really like the idea of a poker-sized Tarot.

CT [/quote]

I can see where the size would be convenient, not only for performance of effects but also to fit in the pocket. Will they be aged to look old or not?
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Jul 31, 2019 06:05PM)
"Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died." - Steven Wright
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Jul 31, 2019 06:41PM)
Willie: No, the cards will not be aged. Cheers.

Christopher
[quote]On Jul 31, 2019, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:
"Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died." - Steven Wright [/quote]

Too bad it couldn't have been four people of your choice.
[quote]On Jul 31, 2019, Christopher Taylor wrote:
Willie: No, the cards will not be aged. Cheers.

Christopher [/quote]

:(
I have a bridge sized deck of Rider Waites and Thoth come commonly in bridge sized. I use them a lot as found the portable size useful.
[quote]On Aug 1, 2019, Joshua J wrote:
I have a bridge sized deck of Rider Waites and Thoth come commonly in bridge sized. I use them a lot as found the portable size useful. [/quote]

I have a deck of those as well. I like them but think the bridge size will add just a little more substance to holding managing it.
I, for one, welcome this development.
I think it sounds great.

If there would be 12 zodiac cards and the four elements I will certainly buy a couple.

When might this be available?

Nice work
Dead on Paper did a pretty nice looking set of poker sized playing cards for a pretty decent price.