(Close Window)
Topic: Stand up Chop Cup Switch
I enjoy working the Chop Cup and want to incorporate a solid cup finale. I know Carl Andrews has a published routine outlining a cup switch while seated at a table, but I am looking for published routines or sequences to do a cup switch while standing with a "mini" size (2 1/2" or so) size cup. I saw this set referenced which is the direction I would like to go. Any references ???
I can tell you of two methods - not written, just used previously to switch objects of this size. These might inspire others.

write eversway@yahoo.com and tell me something of self and the entire routine.
You could always use one of the solid cup routines that do not use a switch. The Takagi one is the first that comes to mind. There are also routines similar that use a supposedly open tin can and then for the finale the can turns out to be sealed. Michael Ammar, Carl Andrews and Gregory Wilson all have such routines.
Franks suggestion made me realize the switch does not have to be synchronous with the final reveal of the solid cup.
Perform the first part of the routine with the normal cup, place in pocket to do a "ball only" effect, then extract the solid cup.
Perform another effect or two, faking the chop retention with alternative sleight as a convincer that the cup is the same.
Then the reveal of the solid nature with no weird moves or handling.

Thanks Frank