(Close Window)
Topic: Hypnodisc?
It is not hypnosis, why is it on the hypnosis forum?
Great question. Magicians playing hypnosis?
Sure it is 😸
If itís good enough for Ormond McGill and Melvin Powers, itís good enough for me.
What makes you think it's "not hypnosis"? Hypnodisc is an example of the classic 'eye fixation' trance induction technique.

Barry
I actually own a small hypnodisk which I purchased in a toy shop of all places. I sometimes use it as part of the induction process. I show it to the audience and then place it on the floor in front of and a few yards away from the subjects. It can actually spin round and round on the floor and I get the subjects to stare at it spinning and go into the induction. If I have my assistant with me he or she then picks it up when the volunteers close their eyes. At my age if I pick it up myself I might never get up again..............

If I am not working with an assistant then I don't bother with the hypnodisk and just get them to stare at an overhead light if there is one. If there isn't one I forget what I do. After all I am getting old. However, I am sure that whatever it is must be quite wonderful.