(Close Window)
Topic: Spinning coin
On library.com https://www.lybrary.com/spinning-coin-p-923191.html very good for gathering a crowd...
Great price for a 100-year-old classic effect. I would like to hear from street performers on this if they have tried it and what the actual audience test has been to draw a crowd.
"A large coin is made to spin on its edge around the inside rim of a metal basin."

Don't understand exactly what is happening here. Is it causing the coin to spin around the inside with centrifugal force???????
Yes,the coin spins around the rim of the basin on its edge very fast,almost too fast to see,also,the basin can be handed off to a spectator and he can keep the coin in motion once he learns to move the basin correctly.it causes such a racket,the effect is almost hypnotizing.like nothing they've ever seen.if you're looking for something different that's ez to troup...don't wait for street performers to stumble upon this,take my word for it...
Thank you Mr Rich :-)
I have purchased this from Lybrary and getting a proper basin.
Chinatown, the right basin...also use a large heavy Mexican coin or the Chinese new year themed coins from chinatown...
Looks like a steal for that price, I imagine you could also set the basin out for tips when you've performed for the crowd you used it to gather.
Now you're catching on...also,on lybrary.com. look up ELEGANT SCARECROWS,a thin on ancient water tricks.THE BUNDAR BOAT is a middle eastern street running gag from the turn of the century that can be combined with the basin and add quirky appeal to your performance.you get 4 trix for the price...a steal...an act in itself...