(Close Window)
Topic: TimeLine - The REAL travel back in time APP
Hello everyone,

Just want to share you a brand new app that Marc Kerstein and I worked on called TimeLine. The effect is that spectator can NAME any number of minutes from 1-10 and then you magically cause that NAME MIN to rewind back visually. Not only that, spectator can bring out their phone and finds that their time is now rewinds back too! The app is fully customizable, you can set the time to move forward or backward and there's a invisible input method with time delay so it looks like you never touch the phone.

DOWNLOAD: [url]https://apps.apple.com/us/app/timeline-travel-back-in-time/id1474422612?ls=1[/url]

TimeLine can be used as a stand alone or in conjunction with any time plot in magic like Triumph, Out of this World, TNR, Predictions, Dejavu, you name it. The app was designed to use for stage so that everyone can feel the moment when they all check their cellphone.

Online video instruction and private Facebook group is also included.

TV Performance:
[youtube]B5jnHY2gaTg[/youtube]

Magic Live Performance:
[youtube]drhPzPUyvc4[/youtube]

Let me know if you have any questions!

- Patrick
Stage? Oh well.
Love this! The usual question: any plans for Android?
Nevermimd, just saw that Marc is the developer which means this is iOS only.

Still looks great.
Hey all,
1.0.2 is out now with some early bug fixes.
I'm also working on 1.1 which will bring a bunch of new features.

Thanks!
I LOVE IT!

Super COOL!!!

I wish you the best with this release,
Greg Rostami
Can this also be used for close up?
[quote]On Aug 16, 2019, patrickkun wrote:
Not only that, spectator can bring out their phone and finds that their time is now rewinds back too![/quote]

Is this really possible with this app? Cool idea and effect!
Can anyone clarify:
Is the time on the spectator’s phone actually altered OR do you only appear to do this by dialling back the time on your own phone from a few minutes fast to the real time of day? The ad copy is a little unclear on this.
[quote]On Aug 21, 2019, gassaox wrote:
Can this also be used for close up? [/quote]

Yes! I did on TV and walk around all the time.
[quote]On Aug 21, 2019, scott0819 wrote:
Can anyone clarify:
Is the time on the spectator’s phone actually altered OR do you only appear to do this by dialling back the time on your own phone from a few minutes fast to the real time of day? The ad copy is a little unclear on this. [/quote]

Yes to all of you are wondering. The visual of the time rewinds backwards happened on the magician phone but whatever time and minutes spectator called out, changes on their phone. So you can have 100 spectators watching this and when time changed, every single one can bring out their time to check and it changes to that exact min.
Can anyone clarify:
Is the time on the spectator’s phone actually altered OR do you only appear to do this by dialling back the time on your own phone from a few minutes fast to the real time of day? The ad copy is a little unclear on this. [/quote]

You end with the real time at the end.
This is really great. Congratulations Patrick, I love it!!

Myke
X
Very sketchy details at best.
Maybe I’m a bit thick here but what’s the effect??? Is it you ask the spectator for a time in minutes.... They check the current time and then it goes back in time by the amount of minutes they said? Is that it?
I don't understand........ please can you clarify in very simple terms that if I had been in the audience watching the performance, that if the time on your (the performer's) phone had been made to alter by three or four minutes, when I look at my phone it would also be off by three or four minutes? If so, then that is brilliant, but I very much doubt that is what you mean. If however, that is correct and you can control 100 audience members' phones, then I will purchase immediately.
How about if the performers phone goes,forward by the amount of minutes it would mean that everyone else’s phone would be back by the same amount 😂
[quote]On Aug 21, 2019, rasp wrote:
I don't understand........ please can you clarify in very simple terms that if I had been in the audience watching the performance, that if the time on your (the performer's) phone had been made to alter by three or four minutes, when I look at my phone it would also be off by three or four minutes? If so, then that is brilliant, but I very much doubt that is what you mean. If however, that is correct and you can control 100 audience members' phones, then I will purchase immediately. [/quote]

Here’s what the spectator sees:

Let’s say the magician shows the time.. Spectator named 5. Ex: 1:05. Magician makes the times rewinds back to 1:00 (5 mins). Spectator brings out their phone or 1000 spectators bring out the phones the double check the time and YES it will be 1:00. Hope this makes sense.

I will be sharing a full performance of this soon. Thanks!
[quote]On Aug 21, 2019, rasp wrote:
I don't understand........ please can you clarify in very simple terms that if I had been in the audience watching the performance, that if the time on your (the performer's) phone had been made to alter by three or four minutes, when I look at my phone it would also be off by three or four minutes? If so, then that is brilliant, but I very much doubt that is what you mean. If however, that is correct and you can control 100 audience members' phones, then I will purchase immediately. [/quote]

If you have any questions, please PM me. Happy to help and explain in further details. :)
[quote]On Aug 21, 2019, rowland wrote:
How about if the performers phone goes,forward by the amount of minutes it would mean that everyone else’s phone would be back by the same amount 😂 [/quote]

I think rowland has summed it up well here Gaz 😂
Looks great and I can see how the ending plays really well.
iTime Rewind was pretty fun but this seems more organic.
Really dig the pacing of the phone reveal followed with the watch
reveal and then hitting everyones device. The impact propagates
outward like a shockwave.
Can you select your own lockscreen image?
[quote]On Aug 21, 2019, JosephKerr wrote:
Looks great and I can see how the ending plays really well.
iTime Rewind was pretty fun but this seems more organic.
Really dig the pacing of the phone reveal followed with the watch
reveal and then hitting everyones device. The impact propagates
outward like a shockwave.
Can you select your own lockscreen image? [/quote]

Yes. Fully customizable to match your current phone. Thanks!
Ok I still don't understand what you're saying, my questions below your statements below:

[quote]Here’s what the spectator sees:

Let’s say the magician shows the time.. Spectator named 5. Ex: 1:05. [/quote]

My questions on this statement:

1. The magician is showing the real time, at the time just before he asks the spectator to name a number of minutes?
If it's the real time, it can't work as you can't really make time go backwards irrespective of what the visual shows, so it's probably the 2nd option below?

2. Or the magician is showing the time on his phone, which is some time in the future, by say 5 or 10 minutes?
If so, wouldn't some spectator notice it's not the actual time? Some are wearing watches and it's a simple matter to glance down at their wrists at the moment the "real" time is mentioned by the magician - right? Or do you have a process that ensures this is not the case? If so, is this what we're really paying for?

[quote]Magician makes the times rewinds back to 1:00 (5 mins). Spectator brings out their phone or 1000 spectators bring out the phones the double check the time and YES it will be 1:00. Hope this makes sense. [/quote]
3. This is related to question two.

[quote]I will be sharing a full performance of this soon. Thanks! [/quote]
4. Not sure how your full performance will address question 2 above.
[quote]On Aug 21, 2019, stanz wrote:
Ok I still don't understand what you're saying, my questions below your statements below:

[quote]Here’s what the spectator sees:

Let’s say the magician shows the time.. Spectator named 5. Ex: 1:05. [/quote]

My questions on this statement:

1. The magician is showing the real time, at the time just before he asks the spectator to name a number of minutes?
If it's the real time, it can't work as you can't really make time go backwards irrespective of what the visual shows, so it's probably the 2nd option below?

2. Or the magician is showing the time on his phone, which is some time in the future, by say 5 or 10 minutes?
If so, wouldn't some spectator notice it's not the actual time? Some are wearing watches and it's a simple matter to glance down at their wrists at the moment the "real" time is mentioned by the magician - right? Or do you have a process that ensures this is not the case? If so, is this what we're really paying for?

[quote]Magician makes the times rewinds back to 1:00 (5 mins). Spectator brings out their phone or 1000 spectators bring out the phones the double check the time and YES it will be 1:00. Hope this makes sense. [/quote]
3. This is related to question two.

[quote]I will be sharing a full performance of this soon. Thanks! [/quote]
4. Not sure how your full performance will address question 2 above. [/quote]

Hey,

You are correct. 2nd phone and no people wouldn't question unless you are changing more than 10 mins which isn't really believable for this to work. If I ask you what time it is now without looking at the clock, you would be able to tell whether my clock is faster or slower within 10 mins range. Hope this answers your questions. Thanks.
So I imagine that the spectator chooses the number first and then you call attention to the time
on your phone. When the time appears on the phone it will already be at the appropriate time
from the moment it appears onscreen. Nobody will have any reason to believe that the clock
on your phone is inaccurate. Nobody thinks that way.

I'm going to pick this up very soon. I'm picturing placing the phone face up in the participants hand
and sending a Rubik's cube back in time to its solved state from a few minutes prior.
[quote]On Aug 21, 2019, JosephKerr wrote:
So I imagine that the spectator chooses the number first and then you call attention to the time
on your phone. When the time appears on the phone it will already be at the appropriate time
from the moment it appears onscreen. Nobody will have any reason to believe that the clock
on your phone is inaccurate. Nobody thinks that way.

I'm going to pick this up very soon. I'm picturing placing the phone face up in the participants hand
and sending a Rubik's cube back in time to its solved state from a few minutes prior. [/quote]

Yes. You are correct :)
Will only apple phones change or android as well in a crowd
[quote]On Aug 21, 2019, takeachance wrote:
Will only apple phones change or android as well in a crowd [/quote]

All time on smart phone should be pretty exact down to the second. So yes.
Here's a full uncut live performance of TimeLine combined with a matchbook effect:

[youtube]DwnyyG7eKGo[/youtube]
Hey, very cool! Thanks for the uncut performance. And thanks for answering our questions! :-)
OK I get it now... Good luck with it, but it's not for me. I think it's better for a one-off performance, but in a strolling situation maybe the word would get around leading to specs checking their watches beforehand.

To me, I think the specs will think it's cute but will quickly deduce it's an app. I don't think it's a stand-alone effect, but maybe a nice add-on to a restoration style effect.
Now it makes complete sense. It gives the ‘impression’ that the spec(s) phone has also gone back in time. I like it but a bit expensive for what it is.
Oh come on people. This is a really nice idea for a bit of theatre. I have bought this because it looks fun. The premise is really good.
Message: Posted by: Indistinguishable (Aug 22, 2019 02:56PM)
[quote]On Aug 22, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Now it makes complete sense. It gives the ‘impression’ that the spec(s) phone has also gone back in time. I like it but a bit expensive for what it is. [/quote]

Hey Pegasus - PM'd you again - received?
[quote]On Aug 22, 2019, JoelDickinson wrote:
Oh come on people. This is a really nice idea for a bit of theatre. I have bought this because it looks fun. The premise is really good. [/quote]

Thank you!
What I hate are misleading ads. And I quote.....

[Not only that, spectator can bring out their phone and finds that their time is now rewinds back too!]

That is just not true. Why not make it clear at the start that it will be perceived from the specs point of view, for a limited time only, that their phones have also gone back in time. It doesn’t lessen the effect but makes it clear of its limitations before purchase.
Goina buy this,really like the idea ,just goina use mine for the casual stroll ,maybe a signed coin ,place it in their hand , the time goes back let’s say 8 mins and you casual say 8 mins ago this coin would not have your initials on ,they open their hand and find their initials have gone and then carry on with the rest of the effect and routine

[Not only that, spectator can bring out their phone and finds that their time is now rewinds back too!]

That is just not true. Why not make it clear at the start that it will be perceived from the specs point of view, for a limited time only, that their phones have also gone back in time. It doesn’t lessen the effect but makes it clear of its limitations before purchase. [/quote]

Hey Pegasus,

All of your negative comments are completely unnecessary. What I say is true and I don't see how it's misleading at all. I might as well just explain secrets and everything. What you say literally applies to every product on the market. You are just fishing for secrets. If it's not for you then, there's absolutely no need to purchase. No one is pushing you. And if you have further questions, there's PM option if you haven't noticed.

Let's just keep the thread positive, shall we and let others enjoy.

Thanks!
No they’re not negative comments. It’s the truth. Stop deceiving people. I do like like this, however, it’s good. Only the description I do not like.
[quote]On Aug 23, 2019, pegasus wrote:
No they’re not negative comments. It’s the truth. Stop deceiving people. I do like like this, however, it’s good. Only the description I do not like. [/quote]

That's a little harsh, Pegasus. The ad copy describes the perceived EFFECT. I think Patrick has been helpful at clarifying any confusion:

[quote]On Aug 21, 2019, patrickkun wrote:
Can anyone clarify:

You end with the real time at the end. [/quote]
Can anyone clarify:

Yes to all of you are wondering. The visual of the time rewinds backwards happened on the magician phone but whatever time and minutes spectator called out, changes on their phone. So you can have 100 spectators watching this and when time changed, every single one can bring out their time to check and it changes to that exact min. [/quote]

This is complete and utter BS. Changes? I think not.
I don’t remember Alain Nu’s Psycho-Chronetic getting this much flack.
I don't think the description for this is inaccurate or fabricated. Granted, the description should have noted that this is what the audience experiences, but I feel that for all intent and purposes that is nitpicking.

If the perceived effect is as described and the thing works in a way that is reliable and practical, I really don't see an issue here.
Howway this would be a miracle if you could turn back time on every spectators phone ,this is magic ,and A very good app ,just need to use it right and you will still get the same reaction that you have turned back time
Can anyone clarify:

Yes to all of you are wondering. The visual of the time rewinds backwards happened on the magician phone but whatever time and minutes spectator called out, changes on their phone. So you can have 100 spectators watching this and when time changed, every single one can bring out their time to check and it changes to that exact min. [/quote]

This is complete and utter BS. Changes? I think not. [/quote]

I'm sure we all know that magic isn't real right? ;) Same applies to when you say the card changes in the spectators hand and the card was switched before hand. Anyway, it's fine if you don't like it. I have no problem with that.

I've tried my best to help answer out questions to everyone here, so if you have anything, feel free to message me anytime. Thanks guys!
Gotta say I love this app so simple to do
This is great little app with many possibilities, if you just apply some imagination.
I will mention that in the demo using the classic match/matchbook effect, there’s a logical flaw that I’d notice as a spectator, that being that the match should’ve reappeared in the matchbook unscorched, if time reversed to before it was torn out (unless I missed something and the match was lit before being torn from the matchbook, in which case all is well). :)

That is just not true. Why not make it clear at the start that it will be perceived from the specs point of view, for a limited time only, that their phones have also gone back in time. It doesn’t lessen the effect but makes it clear of its limitations before purchase. [/quote]

Thanks pegasus :)
Why not make it clear at the start that it will be perceived from the specs point of view, for a limited time only, that their phones have also gone back in time.[/quote]

The illusion of traveling back in time isn't for a limited time ... it is permanent. From the spectator's point of view every single clock in the world is now x minutes in the past. It doesn't switch back in 10 minutes or ever. It is permanently back in time. This is genius.
[quote]On Aug 28, 2019, Chris Meece wrote:
Why not make it clear at the start that it will be perceived from the specs point of view, for a limited time only, that their phones have also gone back in time.[/quote]

The illusion of traveling back in time isn't for a limited time ... it is permanent. From the spectator's point of view every single clock in the world is now x minutes in the past. It doesn't switch back in 10 minutes or ever. It is permanently back in time. This is genius. [/quote]

Hmmm. Alrighty then. :rotf:
[quote]On Aug 28, 2019, pegasus wrote:

The illusion of traveling back in time isn't for a limited time ... it is permanent. From the spectator's point of view every single clock in the world is now x minutes in the past. It doesn't switch back in 10 minutes or ever. It is permanently back in time. This is genius. [/quote]

Hmmm. Alrighty then. :rotf: [/quote]

I'm not trying to be argumentative (not that I am opposed to doing so at times) but I don't know if we are describing the same perceived effect. It may be the language barrier ... you Brits have really slaughtered the American language.

Why are you saying for a limited time only? Are you saying the perception is that the time switches back after the effect or did you mean to say you are limited in going back only 10 minutes?
I think your post may have read wrong. It is not permanent. On your phone it may be back in time but a quick glance at their phone will prove otherwise. so not every single clock...it is amazing feat, but they will more than likely want to verify or others in the group will look at watches and phones. Maybe that is the misunderstanding??

The illusion of back in time is on your phone for that instant and is not verifiable as that would be real magic
[quote]On Aug 28, 2019, magicmind wrote:
I think your post may have read wrong. It is not permanent. On your phone it may be back in time but a quick glance at their phone will prove otherwise. so not every single clock...it is amazing feat, but they will more than likely want to verify or others in the group will look at watches and phones. Maybe that is the misunderstanding??

The illusion of back in time is on your phone for that instant and is not verifiable as that would be real magic [/quote]

The quick glance at their phone is what sells this effect. Every single clock and phone in the world will match the perceived "new" time on your phone. The initial time you show on your phone before you go back in time is already the number of minutes ahead that matches the number they told you. You simply create the illusion of the clock turning back in time. All it really does is go back to the real time.

If this post gives too much away mods, pull it. I believe it was already explained earlier in this thread.
[quote]On Aug 28, 2019, magicmind wrote:

The illusion of back in time is on your phone for that instant and is not verifiable as that would be real magic [/quote]

The quick glance at their phone is what sells this effect. Every single clock and phone in the world will match the perceived "new" time on your phone. The initial time you show on your phone before you go back in time is already the number of minutes ahead that matches the number they told you. You simply create the illusion of the clock turning back in time. All it really does is go back to the real time.

If this post gives too much away mods, pull it. I believe it was already explained earlier in this thread. [/quote]

I misunderstood. Thanks for clarifying.
Purchased this today love it!
Congratulations
DR
Can anyone clarify:

This is complete and utter BS. Changes? I think not. [/quote]

Yes, Pegasus the spectator's phone clocks will all have changed. You do know how watches and clocks work, yes? They change regularly... I mean like every second som of them.

;) I am joking - I know you know how they work.

Im still not sure I get it though. I'm sure it's great though.
Looks like I’m not the only one confused with this effect.
It's PsychoChronetic but as an app. I can't decide if it's better or worse than Alain's version.

I closed my first ever stage show with PsychoChronetic and went over amazingly. Wonderful reactions when a whole room of people can look at whatever time piece they have and feel like time has turned backwards by a named amount.
The app can over clock the current time with an input right in front of them. Ex: Real time is 1:00. You can tap "2" (invisible input) to wake up the phone and it will shoe 1:02 thus, you can activate the "rewind" and it will count back 2 mins back to the real time which everyone can then check.

Hope this clears up a bit. Thanks.
[quote]It may be the language barrier ... you Brits have really slaughtered the American language.[/quote]

LOL "you Brits" have slaughtered the "American" language. I think someone needs a lesson on where the English language originates (hint: it's not America!)!

On topic though, the app is very nice. A good idea and put together by one of the best magic app developers. Well done Patrick and Marc.
Well done Patrick & Kerstein.

Just got this app yesterday and love it.
I’m wondering if you could bring the crowd back from the future, perhaps.
[quote]On Aug 30, 2019, GeraintClarke wrote:
Well done Patrick & Kerstein.

Just got this app yesterday and love it. [/quote]

Thanks man. Glad you like it.
“It may be the language barrier ... you Brits have really slaughtered the American language”

This must be the quote of The Magic Cafés utter existence 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Gaz
Hey everyone, the final trailer is here:

[youtube]hQXTLZYlSh8[/youtube]
GREAT TRAILER!!

:pepper:

G Ro
Typo in the trailer: ‘Cusomizable’ should be ‘Customizable’.
TimeLine was featured on this week's Wizard Product Review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm-PlbhzzeE
[youtube]Mm-PlbhzzeE[/youtube]
I do like this app but I wouldn’t pay the asking price. It’s just not worth it imo. I can’t help thinking that if it’d been a tenner you’d have sold far, far more.

Coupled with the fact you need to perform this is conjunction with another effect just confirms my thoughts.
I have to agree on this one. I do like the idea but given the limited functionality, $35 is steep.
I always do the match trick but adding the time change just "BRILLIANT" I agree with emyers99 35.00 yeh but you will have a Miracle !!!
I have the willpower of a five yr old so I bought this. Just fooled the crap out of my kids. Fun.
I like the Triumph effect in conjunction with Patrick’s app.
Henry Evans efect can be found on his Open doors dvds
Yikes, it's very clear - the effect is not that cell phone times go back in time, it's that you're rewinding TIME itself. You're going BACK IN TIME. That's why all phones and devices that tell time would apparently have gone back. It's not the power to change the time on cell phones and watches, it's the power to rewind TIME.

This should clearly not be used just on its own, it's like a smoke device. You use it to enhance a magical moment to make it even more memorable.
One thing I don't like about the app is when you input the amount of minutes to shift and then let's say you show them the time is currently 10:05 and they named 5 minutes but then the time can easily change to 10:06 out of your control and so when the time rewinds, it technically only rewinds 4 minutes. I hope that makes sense, I'm curious how Patrick Kun deals with this?
I would like to know ths answere before I purchase thanks for letting us know .Also can you perform this as a stand alone effect ? probably wouldn't be as strong I guess , great with the matches !
[quote]On Sep 23, 2019, PatrickGregoire wrote:
One thing I don't like about the app is when you input the amount of minutes to shift and then let's say you show them the time is currently 10:05 and they named 5 minutes but then the time can easily change to 10:06 out of your control and so when the time rewinds, it technically only rewinds 4 minutes. I hope that makes sense, I'm curious how Patrick Kun deals with this? [/quote]

Hello, I have a solution which will be implemented in the future update where the app will round up the minutes if it's 45 seconds which will solve this issue.
[quote]On Sep 24, 2019, tophatter wrote:
I would like to know ths answere before I purchase thanks for letting us know .Also can you perform this as a stand alone effect ? probably wouldn't be as strong I guess , great with the matches ! [/quote]

Of course you can. I use at the end of my act where I give people back their time from watching my performance. It's powerful and quite meaningful.
Thanks Patrick, then should I wait till the upgrade ? not really sure what he meant by the minute extra is that only if you keep your phone in view too long they will see the different time a minute more?
Thanks,
Jeffrey
Incredible app!! I actually love this idea! It definitely is a great addition to any presentation around time!
I love how some people thought the Ad was deceptive because you really don’t travel back in time.
I’m looking for guidance please. I’m really struggling to follow the instructions, I can’t even get to the start where I should see ‘ swipe down with 2 fingers.
I will really appreciate help.
Phillipe,

Did you get help?

I just bought it and set it up in less than 5 min.

Let me know

alex
[quote]On Oct 7, 2019, Philippe wrote:
I’m looking for guidance please. I’m really struggling to follow the instructions, I can’t even get to the start where I should see ‘ swipe down with 2 fingers.
I will really appreciate help. [/quote]

Use the app to go back in time before you made the purchase and then don’t purchase. :rotf:
Thank goodness, a solution, thank you Pegasus.
Hello everyone,

We just launched a new update in the App Store. You can now trigger the "Time Travel" by using the proximity sensor and it is now completely hands-off. Many little new touches are also added. :)
Mmmm, $35 is pricey for an app to just enhance another magic trick.
Maybe for a pro it's worthwhile.

I'll pass for now until I have a real need.
I was highly sceptical with this one. I'm a huge fan of magic apps and have a ridiculous amount now but I know, realistically, I only use a handful in performance. The price tag is pretty high in comparison to other magic apps that provide more for your money. Inject by Greg Rostami is a powerhouse magic app and whilst it is a bit more, I had no worries in purchasing it. My other concern with it was, the effect is so simple, how could anyone actually fall for it? Surely everyone would see through such a method? I put it off and put it off and about a month ago, I finally caved. I set it up which took minutes and designed a simple routine to allow me to work it in and then I took it to my residencies. First table, absolutely freaked out... Okay, maybe there is something in this! So I took it to the next table who freaked out even more. The third table, mad reactions. And so it has continued at every table I have done this too. It is far better and more effective with a large group because it feels more unbelievable but it works so well on everyone! At the end of the routine, one of the main questions they ask is, "So when will my time go back to what it should be?" or they simply say, "So what is the time?". When you reiterate that it really is the time, it confuses them even more. One table asked another table what the time was at one point. It's a really interesting effect in terms of audience psychology and how they can't get their head around what has happened. But I rate value in magic effects by the reactions it gets and how memorable it is to an audience and when someone is going around to their friends and family telling them you turned back time and absolutely convinced something strange happened, that to me is real magic in the eyes of the audience. Now I have experienced the reactions and seen how it will affect my bookings, I would happily pay double because it is a simple, strong piece of magic that feels truly magic in the eyes of the audience, it is baffling to them and it's versatility lies in it being able to be adapted to other routines. I don't feel like I have found the ultimate effect to use it with yet but either way, I could not recommend this enough!

Jamie Daws
I'm guessing that as usual this is only available for IPhone users ?
[quote]On Nov 13, 2019, warren wrote:
I'm guessing that as usual this is only available for IPhone users ? [/quote]

Of course. :rotf:

Hello,

The Andriod version is in the work. Hopefully, it'll be done by the end of this month!

-Patrick
[quote]On Nov 13, 2019, pegasus wrote:

Of course. :rotf: [/quote]

It's not. Andriod is coming.
[quote]On Nov 12, 2019, JamieD wrote:
I was highly sceptical with this one. I'm a huge fan of magic apps and have a ridiculous amount now but I know, realistically, I only use a handful in performance. The price tag is pretty high in comparison to other magic apps that provide more for your money. Inject by Greg Rostami is a powerhouse magic app and whilst it is a bit more, I had no worries in purchasing it. My other concern with it was, the effect is so simple, how could anyone actually fall for it? Surely everyone would see through such a method? I put it off and put it off and about a month ago, I finally caved. I set it up which took minutes and designed a simple routine to allow me to work it in and then I took it to my residencies. First table, absolutely freaked out... Okay, maybe there is something in this! So I took it to the next table who freaked out even more. The third table, mad reactions. And so it has continued at every table I have done this too. It is far better and more effective with a large group because it feels more unbelievable but it works so well on everyone! At the end of the routine, one of the main questions they ask is, "So when will my time go back to what it should be?" or they simply say, "So what is the time?". When you reiterate that it really is the time, it confuses them even more. One table asked another table what the time was at one point. It's a really interesting effect in terms of audience psychology and how they can't get their head around what has happened. But I rate value in magic effects by the reactions it gets and how memorable it is to an audience and when someone is going around to their friends and family telling them you turned back time and absolutely convinced something strange happened, that to me is real magic in the eyes of the audience. Now I have experienced the reactions and seen how it will affect my bookings, I would happily pay double because it is a simple, strong piece of magic that feels truly magic in the eyes of the audience, it is baffling to them and it's versatility lies in it being able to be adapted to other routines. I don't feel like I have found the ultimate effect to use it with yet but either way, I could not recommend this enough!

Glad to hear that. Many people overlooked how powerful TimeLine can be. Just because the method may be simple but from my experience, it really messes with people and leave them confused. Glad to see it works well for you. Cheers!

-Patrick

Jamie Daws [/quote]
[quote]On Nov 13, 2019, patrickkun wrote:

It's not. Andriod is coming. [/quote]

Really looking forward to the Android version! Any update on the release?
[quote]On Dec 19, 2019, masrad wrote:
[quote]On Nov 13, 2019, patrickkun wrote:

It's not. Andriod is coming. [/quote]

We are working on it right now actually. About 90% done. Need to do some testing. Any android tester would like to help out?

-Patrick

Really looking forward to the Android version! Any update on the release? [/quote]
If you need a tester for android, I'm in.
Absolutely, would love to test!! I have multiple Android phones to test with.
Okay, so my video is a little rough around the edges, but I wanted to share something I did tonight. I've been performing for over 20 years, but I was so nervous knowing I'd be sharing this specifically for magicians, and my mind went blank and I didn't stick to the script I've written. But anyway, Patrick has something so incredible here... there's so much potential, you just have to get this.

I first saw a review by Ekaterina (I think it was her video I saw first) and had to check it out. I've been fortunate enough to test it for Android (it's coming) and this has blown people away. I've even done just Timeline by itself without other lengthy "wrapping" or other effects and got stunned reactions.

Basically, I'm working on a routine based around the "Mandela effect" concept, where people have false memories (like the recent Berenstain/Berenstein discussion). I do the trick with Rainbow, then "explain" that it happened differently than they remembered, because "life is like a tapestry of colors, where you might see deep orange, I see red", etc, all of which I explained to them (not shown in video). And yet, we have different perceptions of shared memories. Then I "prove" how it's done with Timeline 😊, going back to reset their memories. I'm going to rehearse more, but it went over well. And this was on Android (which I believe is coming soon...) And yes, I threw that one line in there for you all....

This app is incredible. People just can't believe or explain how you changed the time on their phones and watches. Watch this space as I'm sure Patrick will announce as we they get closer to the Android version. And if you're not on Android, get it for iPhone now.

[youtube]oSoSsutZ2d0[/youtube]
Just got this. I wish the font was a little closer to the actual iphone font but I suspect apple wouldn't like that very much.

More impoortantly, and mabe I'm just missing it. But how do I reset the app without having to close it or go into settings? Just trying to think for strolling situations a simple double click to reset or something surely has to be in the app right?
[quote]On Feb 5, 2020, elimagic wrote:
Just got this. I wish the font was a little closer to the actual iphone font but I suspect apple wouldn't like that very much.

More impoortantly, and mabe I'm just missing it. But how do I reset the app without having to close it or go into settings? Just trying to think for strolling situations a simple double click to reset or something surely has to be in the app right? [/quote]

Is the font different? Would you mind sending me some screenshots to my email or perhaps the Facebook group?
I've worked hard on making it match as closely as possible, and so this shouldn't be an issue unless you've changed your default iOS font size and weight settings dramatically.
Nathan Alexander, not sure exactly what took place in your video.
Don't fault the tricks, and I cut quite a bit out. But basically, did a Rainbow gimmick reveal via their phone after forcing the card of my Rainbow gimmick, then used Timeline to talk about how some tricks are done (via things like the Mandala effect) and how we have different perceptions of what happened in the past. Sounds confusing, but the number of times I've used this "packaging" it's gotten fantastic reactions. Sometimes stunned silence (thanks to this app).
[quote]On Feb 5, 2020, magicmarcuk wrote:
[quote]On Feb 5, 2020, elimagic wrote:

More impoortantly, and mabe I'm just missing it. But how do I reset the app without having to close it or go into settings? Just trying to think for strolling situations a simple double click to reset or something surely has to be in the app right? [/quote]

Is the font different? Would you mind sending me some screenshots to my email or perhaps the Facebook group?
I've worked hard on making it match as closely as possible, and so this shouldn't be an issue unless you've changed your default iOS font size and weight settings dramatically. [/quote]

Emailed you
[quote]On Feb 5, 2020, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Don't fault the tricks, and I cut quite a bit out. But basically, did a Rainbow gimmick reveal via their phone after forcing the card of my Rainbow gimmick, then used Timeline to talk about how some tricks are done (via things like the Mandala effect) and how we have different perceptions of what happened in the past. Sounds confusing, but the number of times I've used this "packaging" it's gotten fantastic reactions. Sometimes stunned silence (thanks to this app). [/quote]

This sounds like a similar routine to the one Patrick performs here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5jnHY2gaTg&feature=youtu.be&goal=0_7aeb9738ef-cf5cdae933-154404777&mc_cid=cf5cdae933&mc_eid=327439a0d7

No idea about Patrick's patter though, I don't speak Thai. I like your idea of using the "Mandela Effect" as a basis for the effect. Anyone Googling "Mandela Effect" right now; warning, it's a bit of a rabbit hole...
[quote]On Feb 5, 2020, scott0819 wrote:
[quote]On Feb 5, 2020, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Don't fault the tricks, and I cut quite a bit out. But basically, did a Rainbow gimmick reveal via their phone after forcing the card of my Rainbow gimmick, then used Timeline to talk about how some tricks are done (via things like the Mandala effect) and how we have different perceptions of what happened in the past. Sounds confusing, but the number of times I've used this "packaging" it's gotten fantastic reactions. Sometimes stunned silence (thanks to this app). [/quote]

This sounds like a similar routine to the one Patrick performs here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5jnHY2gaTg&feature=youtu.be&goal=0_7aeb9738ef-cf5cdae933-154404777&mc_cid=cf5cdae933&mc_eid=327439a0d7

No idea about Patrick's patter though, I don't speak Thai. I like your idea of using the "Mandela Effect" as a basis for the effect. Anyone Googling "Mandela Effect" right now; warning, it's a bit of a rabbit hole...
... [/quote]

I got the inspiration directly from Patrick and Justin Flom. And thanks, I think that topic lends itself so well to this.
Mandela Effect plot for presentation is great! Never searched it before and I think it goes quite well with the Rainbow effect. Most audience can relate to those experience too. Thanks for sharing.
I checked playstore for android and could not find it. Did this every come out for android?
[quote]On Aug 16, 2019, ash2arani wrote:
Nevermimd, just saw that Marc is the developer which means this is iOS only.

Still looks great. [/quote]

There’s your answer.
Actually, the Android version is in the works. Not sure if Marc is the one developing it or not. It appears to be almost ready so any day now, hopefully! :D
[quote]On Feb 19, 2020, ash2arani wrote:
Actually, the Android version is in the works. Not sure if Marc is the one developing it or not. It appears to be almost ready so any day now, hopefully! :D [/quote]

Yes! Andriod is done. We are just in the process of uploading on the store now. Thanks!
It's worth the wait you guys. Such a brilliant piece to perform. There are so many uses for this. And just to wet your appetite, in the Facebook group someone just posted how they've been using this several times a day (I use it nearly daily as well just when out and about) and it's a great addition for a special moment in someone's day.

So you can use it alone, or in tandem with another effect. This is app is a must-have.
Hi Patrick,

Is there any news on the android version for TimeLine?

Mike
Android version is taking longer than expected. Hope to see it land soon!
Hi everyone,

Good news. I just published the Andriod version on the Google Play store. It's still in pending mode but hopefully, it'll be released in a day or so. Look out for "TimeLine - Travel Back in Time (Official)"

Now there's a lot of app name Timeline on the Google Store so hopefully, it won't make it too hard to search. I'll have to probably use a different keyword to make the search easier.

Anyway, hope it's out soon. Thanks for the wait everyone.

-Patrick
Awesome news!!! Thanks Patrick
Hi folks. I've tried to search for the app on GooglePlay but I didn't found it. Any news?
Anyway, really good job Patrick!
Thank you for your wonderful creations.

Lele
TimeLine for Andriod is now LIVE on Google Play

[url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.patrickkun.timeline[/url]

Enjoy!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/A4UaCdA.jpg[/img]
Best news so far! I've been planning something that needed this app and as an Andriod user, I had to think about which of my magician friends' iPhone I could borrow for the show just to do this effect. Don't have to now! Thanks Pat!
Just purchased! Thanks Patrick
On the fence with this one (Android). I like the convincer to travel back in time, no matter if the spectator believes it or not, it's a nice pre-visual.
But: Is the app compatible with different languages or is it English only. I know, this is not important for the time (except the 12/24h system), but the week day and the date beneath it.
[quote]On Apr 11, 2020, AdrianKeller wrote:
On the fence with this one (Android). I like the convincer to travel back in time, no matter if the spectator believes it or not, it's a nice pre-visual.
But: Is the app compatible with different languages or is it English only. I know, this is not important for the time (except the 12/24h system), but the week day and the date beneath it. [/quote]

For Android right now it's only supporting English. We are adding options to customize to your own language soon. If you own iOS then the language is already built in :)
[quote]On Apr 11, 2020, patrickkun wrote:

For Android right now it's only supporting English. We are adding options to customize to your own language soon. If you own iOS then the language is already built in :) [/quote]
thank you, patrick. the fact, that it's on the roadmap is reason enough for me to buy it. downloaded and configured it. looks great!
And you see how powerful it is on an audience.

This kills for me everytime. Now look what it does on a larger scale. Well done Sean.

[YouTube]Y-H_7bI23RM[/YouTube]
SOOOOOOO GOOD!!

Such a clever use of ID and Timeline.

Bravo Sean! :applause:
Message: Posted by: The_Mediocre_Gatsby (Apr 26, 2020 07:23PM)
Very well done.
Not good imo. Perform this now and first thing will be “I’ve seen this on BGT’”. It’s a phone app”

Expect exposure very soon on YouTube as a result.
[quote]On Apr 26, 2020, Nathan Alexander wrote:
And you see how powerful it is on an audience.

This kills for me everytime. Now look what it does on a larger scale. Well done Sean.

[YouTube]Y-H_7bI23RM[/YouTube] [/quote]

Thanks for sharing. Yeah this was made to be done in this scale. Imagine if this was done on LIVE TV. People at home could also check the clock. Sean did a great job putting the whole presentation together. Well done.
[quote]On Apr 27, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Not good imo. Perform this now and first thing will be “I’ve seen this on BGT’”. It’s a phone app”

Expect exposure very soon on YouTube as a result. [/quote]

Already exposed on YouTube.
I just fail to see how anyone could be fooled by this ! After the performance on BGT my 11 year old grandson rang and gave me his theory more or less spot on.
Can you put a different screen shot behind the time so it looks more like your own phone?
[quote]On Apr 27, 2020, takeachance wrote:
Can you put a different screen shot behind the time so it looks more like your own phone? [/quote]

Yes. Fully customisable.
Thanks Pegasus

Already exposed on YouTube. [/quote]

That’s the thing anything on BGT or AGT are exposed by the You Tube within hours
[quote]On Apr 27, 2020, JackMagic wrote:

That’s the thing anything on BGT or AGT are exposed by the You Tube within hours [/quote]

Indeed. Which renders that effect useless going forward. A huge shame about this.
So I had my doubt on the app but after using it over the course of several strolling gigs, it kills and plays exactly like it did on BGT. Now, I do really wish this would not have been performed on television... however, I doubt it will have too much of an impact in live gig settings.
[quote]On Apr 27, 2020, elimagic wrote:
So I had my doubt on the app but after using it over the course of several strolling gigs, it kills and plays exactly like it did on BGT. Now, I do really wish this would not have been performed on television... however, I doubt it will have too much of an impact in live gig settings. [/quote]

Totally agree with you. Also, I really think that we over estimate the impact of Youtube exposures on the general public, particularly on older audiences who are not addicted to it. They are unlikely to 1) Watch an effect on television, and then 2) search Youtube for a solution.
So nobody there thought to compare their phone time to their watch 😂
[quote]On Apr 27, 2020, rowland wrote:
So nobody there thought to compare their phone time to their watch 😂 [/quote]

It would match
By the way, Patrick really should offer instructions (video or written) for Android users. The app setup is different for Android than it is for iPhone (for which video instructions are included). Had it not been for a generous Café member's help, I would still be struggling with the setup. In any event, I love this app.
[quote]On Apr 27, 2020, takeachance wrote:
[quote]On Apr 27, 2020, rowland wrote:
So nobody there thought to compare their phone time to their watch 😂 [/quote]

It would match [/quote]

Do you really think people believed that a magician can wave his hand and make thousands of phones and normal watches or indeed time itself go backwards
I think the lockdown is getting to you my friend and yes I have the app and use it but come on the audience’s reaction to that on camera was just so false.
No I don't my friend, and yes I know what it is. I just answered for other peoples sake as your wit was confusing to those who may not have it. Thanks for the condescending reply.
When you consider the average IQ of a BGT audience member nothing can be ruled out. :rotf:
[quote]On Apr 28, 2020, pegasus wrote:
When you consider the average IQ of a BGT audience member nothing can be ruled out. :rotf: [/quote]
😂😂
Message: Posted by: Oliver Munoz Gutierrez (Apr 28, 2020 10:36AM)
I got the Android version.
The App worked until today and I really like it.
Anyone else having issues with the App? I can't open it anymore.
@Patrick: Is this problem already handled?
[quote]On Apr 28, 2020, Oliver Munoz Gutierrez wrote:
@Patrick: Is this problem already handled? [/quote]

There was an update, you may need to check, then if not, uninstall and reinstall. Should work.
@Patrick: Is this problem already handled? [/quote]

HI Oliver,

The new update just launched today with some new features. Please reinstall the lastest version and see. Thanks.
Message: Posted by: Oliver Munoz Gutierrez (Apr 28, 2020 10:57AM)
Thank you for your fast response.

I reinstalled the app and unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem.

Edit: tried it on a second device aswell with same result. Im using usualy a galaxy s7 and tried it on my galaxy tab a 10.1 ( 2019 ).

Edit: tried it on a second device aswell with same result. Im using usualy a galaxy s7 and tried it on my galaxy tab a 10.1 ( 2019 ). [/quote]

PM Sent!
Do you have any plans to support other languages?
[quote]On Apr 28, 2020, binalee0010 wrote:
Do you have any plans to support other languages? [/quote]

For iOS it's already supported. For Andriod we are working on an option to customize the language. We have to do them manually unlike the iOS system but yes. It's coming :)
So anyone know how to get rid of the tips on startup? it says go to performance settings to remove but on Android, I don't see that
Ok nevermind. its under display not performance.
[quote]On Apr 28, 2020, pegasus wrote:
When you consider the average IQ of a BGT audience member nothing can be ruled out. :rotf: [/quote]

I have just been told by a friend who is involved with the show that he did not make the cut
to the semi final
Message: Posted by: Oliver Munoz Gutierrez (May 3, 2020 01:51PM)
[quote]On Apr 28, 2020, patrickkun wrote:

Edit: tried it on a second device aswell with same result. Im using usualy a galaxy s7 and tried it on my galaxy tab a 10.1 ( 2019 ). [/quote]

PM Sent! [/quote]

Just to let you guys now: Issue is solved.
In terms of customer service, there is nothing more than to thank you. Perfect 😇👍👍👍
Just bought the android version and can't open it. it crashes everytime. :(
[quote]On May 3, 2020, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:
Just bought the android version and can't open it. it crashes everytime. :( [/quote]

Hi Simon,

Please PM me.
[quote]On Apr 27, 2020, JackMagic wrote:

That’s the thing anything on BGT or AGT are exposed by the You Tube within hours [/quote]

More or less,soemone did Timeline(?) the other week(the version where ring ends in watch inside a box) not seen that exposed yet.But yes it's sad really ,must be people with magic knowledge doing this.
Any news about the android language feature?
See my review here :)

https://youtu.be/X3LPlTMTvUo
[quote]On Jun 18, 2020, Rooster wrote:
See my review here :)

https://youtu.be/X3LPlTMTvUo [/quote]

Thank you so much for your kind review. Glad you enjoyed it!

-Patrick