(Close Window)
Topic: First come, first served
If a seller wants to list an item as first paypal gets it, what is the refund policy if multiple people send payment? Is it quick, 3-5 days etc? Curious because I missed out on an item today and am wondering how that works. Thanks
It happened to me once before and I got the refund in a couple days. These days I don't send payment unless I hear from the seller first. Multiple people sending payment is just not a good way to do business IMHO.
The speed would depend on how fast the seller responds. If you try to get your refund through PayPal immediately, I would think it would take a few days anyway. I've never been part of a "first paypal gets it" listing. I have sold a whole lot of items here and I've never sold anything that way. I wouldn't be sending anyone money unless we had an agreement that I was getting the item.
It's definitely best to PM and ask if it is indeed still available, then send.
I have refunded two people in the last three years, and both times the money was back in their account almost immediately.

Also, I wouldn't trust a listing that had this "1st PayPal gets it" thing. There's simply no reason to do business like that, other than with intent to keep the other payments. I've never heard of such a silly thing.
Yea it is to create a sense of urgency and a manipulation tactic. But you should get it back pretty quick.
Yes its up to the seller how fast you get a refund. If you have to go through paypal with a claim it could take a couple of weeks.
As others have said this is no way to do business and I would never consider buying that way. It should read ‘first reply gets it.’

Tom