(Close Window)
Topic: Justifying iForce to Spectator
I've got the technical stuff down, but I'm having a hard time "selling" the effect. My wife and my sister thought there was something voice-activated about the effect. It doesn't matter if they're wrong.

Any thoughts on justifying this effect to participants?

At this rate, I'm going to have to start doing billets.
Message: Posted by: The_Mediocre_Gatsby (Aug 20, 2019 01:07PM)
Karl Hein has a nice use for this in his At the Table Lecture. Andy at thejerx.com also has an interesting idea: http://www.thejerx.com/blog/2015/8/2/nyqtckydwojrjqesvy21auetm5rdu0
Thank you.

Mark
Andy must have an interesting audience!
Message: Posted by: The_Mediocre_Gatsby (Aug 21, 2019 03:06PM)
Ha ha, yeah, I use that presentation all the time with sesame street characters. It's fantastic!
Ravenspur, if this is an app you want to incorporate into your informal performances, my best advice is to start using it even when you don't need the multiple outs.

I use this anytime I want to write down the name of a playing card, or any thought a participant is thinking--a word, a number, a drawing, etc. When you start getting used to using it as a natural extension of how you present information, you'll be a lot more casual when it comes to using its more deceptive attributes.

Of course, you shouldn't neglect billet work. I'm quite comfortable with the switches, peeks, and tears that I use. But in the absence of a writing implement and a little piece of paper, start using this as an ACTUAL doodle app.

The mistake most people make with this kind of tool, is that they ONLY use it when they're using the multiple out. Don't be most people.
Steven,

Thanks. That's good and practical advice. I can do that in my classroom, my main stage. I haven't been doing magic for a year yet. I've mapped out the areas of magic and keep coming back to mentalism or mental magic tricks. I think that's the Derren Brown influence. You just solved a major problem for me!