(Close Window)
Topic: Can't remember what trick this silk prop is for...
I was cleaning out some boxes and trying to reorganize my magic closet when I came across a silk that is a triangle with a cord attached to it. The silk is about 18" each side and the cord comes out one of the points. At the end of the cord is a metal sleeve about an inch long kind of like the plastic on a shoelace. The end of the sleeve has a bit of a rim to it like it may be gripped by something else. My guess is it is some type of vanishing silk but for the life of me I can't remember what trick or what apparatus it worked with. Please help, thanks!
Your description of the prop doesn't help much. Props, like what you mention, should be stored in a plastic Zip Loc bag, WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS. (Some day your WID0W will appreciate that,
LOL That is part of the reason I'm cleaning and organizing it all! I was 1/2 way there, it was in a ziplock bag just minus any instructions or identification.
Check on an appearing cane and see if that grommet fits the hole in the release device.
From what you describe, it could be an Abbott's Odd Triple. Silk moves between two solid color silks.