(Close Window)
Topic: The floating coin vanish
Hi all

A couple weeks ago, I described a Variation on Mickeys coin vanish. He was kind enough to make a little video of it for me. The idea can be used on most coin vanishes. Here you go...Start with coin balancing on the Center of your thumb.
NO OTHER FINGERS ARE TOUCHING THE COIN. DO your vanish as you close your left hand over the coin. Watch Mickey do his move and you will Have a New variation
Of the coin vanish..
Onward,
Tom
Is there a link?
In answer to all the questions that I have been receiving, I have contacted Mickey about showing the move and asked him to kindly make a video of my idea for a variation of his coin move. He is back home now in Vegas.I will post more info when I have it.

Tom
To help everyone understand why I am not making a video of the Floating Coin Vanish,I am 85 years old and have pains in my right hand thumb. If I do the move, it will be exposing the way its done. That would be unfair to Mickey.
Tom
It looks like I will making a Teaching video for all on my Floating Coin Vanish.Also doing it in Slow motion. Hang in there it Is Coming.
There will be NO CHARGE for this.
Tom
Thanks for your generosity, Tom. :)

Jim
Hi jim,
I don't have the filming setup I used to use. In November I will be installing new equipment.
I use Mickey's Claw move. This gives a flash just before the coin vanishes, Vinny sldo uses the flash. I explained the move to Mickey weeks ago and he made a video of it
More later
Tom
Been keeping an eye on this thread. Super interested to see the move.
Any updates?
Thanks.
I will be getting a special revolving stand for my cell phone. It has a remote control to rotate the camera for better vision. I will be showing 2 different versions. One looks just like Mickeys.
Tom
Any updates on this?
[quote]On Jan 23, 2020, BritishMagic wrote:
Any updates on this? [/quote]
Yes there will be
It is the same move as Mackey Silvers coin vanish,
The difference is my starting move,
The coin is balanced on thumb tip with No forefinger touches it it t hen floats toward
The left hand as it closes,
Hand is opened and the coin has vanished,
"The coin is balanced on Thumb Tip (emphasis mine) with No forefinger touches it it t hen floats toward
Hand is opened and the coin has vanished,"

Did you mean the coin is balanced on the suction cup on the Thumb Tip? This is not a new move or floating effect. isn't it just the Vernet TT with the suction cup, attached to a coin? Pardon me if my imagination got the best of me or am I completely off my rocker? Perhaps I am off the mark?
[quote]On Jan 22, 2021, countrymaven wrote:
"The coin is balanced on Thumb Tip (emphasis mine) with No forefinger touches it it t hen floats toward
Hand is opened and the coin has vanished,"

Did you mean the coin is balanced on the suction cup on the Thumb Tip? This is not a new move or floating effect. isn't it just the Vernet TT with the suction cup, attached to a coin? Pardon me if my imagination got the best of me or am I completely off my rocker? Perhaps I am off the mark? [/quote]

He means the coin is balanced on the thumb. No gimmicks are used. Imagine doing a ROV vanish, but the only contact with the coin (putting hand), is the thumb.

Jim