(Close Window)
Topic: Read my lips
Https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7399467/Britain-faces-Big-Brother-surveillance-society-WORSE-George-Orwells-1984-watchdog-says.html

Britain faces Big Brother surveillance society WORSE than George Orwell's 1984: Lip-reading cameras that will force people to talk 'with hands over mouths' are latest attack on privacy, government watchdog warns.
Https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Doorbell-camera-firm-Ring-has-partnered-with-400-14383981.php

The doorbell-camera company Ring has quietly forged video-sharing partnerships with more than 400 police forces across the United States, granting them potential access to homeowners' camera footage and a powerful role in what the company calls the nation's "new neighborhood watch."
Gee Tommy,

A the proud owner of a Ring doorbell, I kind of like the idea. I can see where some would call it an invasion of privacy, and I can see where it could in some cases be used against someone, but I kind of like the idea.
As I enter the password to my banking site on my cellphone...Smile...

Gosh, times have changed. I remember when police "neighborhood watch" was spelled Stasi.
I predict a drastic increase of dust masks sold within the U.K.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/9CGZGDR.png[/img]
[quote]On Sep 9, 2019, Cliffg37 wrote:
Gee Tommy,

A the proud owner of a Ring doorbell, I kind of like the idea. I can see where some would call it an invasion of privacy, and I can see where it could in some cases be used against someone, but I kind of like the idea. [/quote]

I can see the proud owners of Ring doorbells ringing up high social credit scores.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7396975/Is-social-credit-coming-Report-claims-systems-like-Chinas-used-Silicon-Valley.html

Is 'social credit' coming to the US?
Anyone who watches live soccer games on TV (where you have the luxury of close-ups) will notice the players often covering their mouths while conversing with each other.