(Close Window)
Topic: Ghost survey
If you fancied filling it in, it's anonymous...thanks for your time...
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JRZFV7Y
Well, it assumes you've had a "ghost experience" which I have not, so I did not do it. Also it doesn't appear there will be any way to measure results as the questions are open-ended. But if the goal is to get a bunch of anecdotes which may be interesting, then it may well serve its purpose.
As it's not your survey, you're making lots of assumptions and got them all wrong.
I'd be curious as to the results, if you are up to sharing them. I'd love to experience anything super natural but, alas, it seems not to be. As such, I am in the "Settled" camp based on all available data.

https://xkcd.com/1235/
Apparently I have to say this...if you've not had an experience of a ghost, then don't bother filling in the survey...

Some people....
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Sep 11, 2019 07:28AM)
Ghosts? . . . I thought you said 'goats'?

You may want to ignore my answers then.

;-)
That's my ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-d luck...
[quote]On Sep 11, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Apparently I have to say this...if you've not had an experience of a ghost, then don't bother filling in the survey...

Some people.... [/quote]

To be clear, it seemed obvious not to fill out the survey in that case. Also, to be clear, the survey has little to no scientific significance because of that type of survey design. But itís also regarding ghost experiences, so thereís really no scientific part to the whole thing anyway. Į|_(ツ)_/Į
You're not telling me anything I don't already know...
Chris K wrote: To be clear, it seemed obvious not to fill out the survey in that case. Also, to be clear, the survey has little to no scientific significance because of that type of survey design. But itís also regarding ghost experiences, so thereís really no scientific part to the whole thing anyway. Į|_(ツ)_/Į

and now we know you carry your camera everywhere with you, a bit of useless info. That wasnít the title or the query for this thread.

I donít think IAIN ever said he was doing a scientific study. He simply said if you fancy filling it in, itís anonymous, thanks for your time.

Why do these threads get so far off track so quickly?
[quote] But itís also regarding ghost experiences, so thereís really no scientific part to the whole thing anyway.[/quote]

That's a very unscientific point of view. You can't prove a negative, so assuming something does not exist is, in itself, an act of faith and thus, unscientific. "Skeptics" are so frequently guilty of this.
[quote]On Sep 12, 2019, Cleverpaws wrote:
Chris K wrote: To be clear, it seemed obvious not to fill out the survey in that case. Also, to be clear, the survey has little to no scientific significance because of that type of survey design. But itís also regarding ghost experiences, so thereís really no scientific part to the whole thing anyway. Į|_(ツ)_/Į

and now we know you carry your camera everywhere with you, a bit of useless info. That wasnít the title or the query for this thread.

I donít think IAIN ever said he was doing a scientific study. He simply said if you fancy filling it in, itís anonymous, thanks for your time.

Why do these threads get so far off track so quickly? [/quote]

Absolutely...

I think what tends to happen is, is that people focus on their own view point and motivations - and then apply that to what they are reading...so here's some questions - and they immediately apply what they *think* is going on, and take it from there...

i've had all kinds of weird interactions over five very simple questions...
I met a woman who made a thesis about ghosts. It was part of her doctoral studies so it was very scientific :-)

She was no ghost though so I am not sure it qualifies... :-)
Can you share any of the weird interactions?
Nope :)