(Close Window)
Topic: New product from Nobody Knows?
Nobody Knows has a new release coming up on the 26th. They sent 50 people clues, and while I was one of them, frankly Iím stumped. No idea what it might be. That being said, Iím pumped based on their past release. Theyíre doing a live launch on their site.

We were sent a neapolitan space ice cream sandwich if anyone has any ideas what that could mean.
No idea!
Neapolitan space age ice cream sandwich ...

Guess it means it is something new and with the ice cream making it pretty cool.
Space is quite a remote place, no?
[quote]On Sep 18, 2019, TheGingerWizard wrote:
Space is quite a remote place, no? [/quote]
The pictures of the packaging with the spaceman on ,u can see the outline of whatís inside .it looks pretty big for a remote ,looks the size of a phone
I have the inside. I know!!!!!!!

^^^ This comment wins.
I for one am hoping space is a very remote place!
But even if it were that, although on one hand I would be pleased I would also be bummed because it will probably cost $199.00 and you know they could have just enabled it to work with a $29.00 one that is already readily available.

But my guess is that it is just a new sport style of watch, or even simply a new line of watch bands.
I know, I know, but NK has a reputation for a lot of hype equaled only by the disappointment when you find out what the new thing they are offering is.
Sorry if I sound jaded or pessimistic, but when it comes to NK, I am.
[quote]On Sep 18, 2019, MR Effecto wrote:
I have the inside. I know!!!!!!! [/quote]
Spill the beans then ?
I wish they would stop referring to the recipients of the ice creams as "random". In no way was it random. A lot were sent to well known magicians with a large online following with the hopes they would advertise for them.... and a lot did.
Don't worry, I'm sure chris ramsey will expose it on his youtube channel soon and all details with be clear
[quote]On Sep 19, 2019, Nick23 wrote:
I wish they would stop referring to the recipients of the ice creams as "random". In no way was it random. A lot were sent to well known magicians with a large online following with the hopes they would advertise for them.... and a lot did. [/quote]

At least, although I did receive it, I didn't do it... :bg: ;) Jan
It's a reference to the fact that this will be the "Flavor of the Month"effect. Meaning that magicians will purchase and play with until the following month when a new trick will be released and this one can be put into their magic junk drawer with all the other previous flavor of the months...
Multiple bands.
[quote]On Sep 19, 2019, peppermeat2000 wrote:
It's a reference to the fact that this will be the "Flavor of the Month"effect. Meaning that magicians will purchase and play with until the following month when a new trick will be released and this one can be put into their magic junk drawer with all the other previous flavor of the months... [/quote]

Nail on the head.
It's a reference to the fact that this will be the "Flavor of the Month"effect. Meaning that magicians will purchase and play with until the following month when a new trick will be released and this one can be put into their magic junk drawer with all the other previous flavor of the months... [/quote]

I would much rather see entertainers addicted to buying new tricks rather than booze or drugs. At least that's what I tell my wife!

I always find these blanket statements to be rather silly.
First of all, they are usually made with an air of superiority and condescension.
But mainly I feel like ďso whatĒ. Why do you care what other people spend their money on?

The vast majority of Cafť members are hobbyists and enthusiasts and trying new things and learning new things are a large part of the enjoyment of the hobby.
Not to mention that that is really what drives the magic economy and without which there would be far fewer creators and effects released.
Now before anyone exclaims that having far fewer releases would be a good thing, it actually wouldnít be. Sure, a lot of junk gets mixed in with the good releases but overall it is almost a certainty that many of the very best releases wouldnít exist either.

Now maybe you are the type that thinks that owning a couple good books such as Stars of Magic is all one should need for a lifetime of magical learning, and that is totally fine if that is what suits YOU, but why pass judgement on everyone else who may feel differently?
Never understood why some people think that everyone should behave exactly the same as they do.

And to make such a comment in this thread is especially inappropriate because you have no idea what the release will be. Itís funny, because I was admittedly pessimistic in my previous post in this thread but your comment above is even more pessimistic than mine!
Not a card sandwich effect where the card ends up frozen in 2 cards somehow
Very true videoman.
[quote]On Sep 19, 2019, RNK wrote:

[b]I would much rather see entertainers addicted to buying new tricks rather than booze or drugs. At least that's what I tell my wife![/b] [/quote]

You're a such nice and GOOD boy. I like you for that. :bg:

:xmas:
[quote]On Sep 20, 2019, Ustaad wrote:
[quote]On Sep 19, 2019, RNK wrote:

[b]I would much rather see entertainers addicted to buying new tricks rather than booze or drugs. At least that's what I tell my wife![/b] [/quote]

You're a such nice and GOOD boy. I like you for that. :bg:

:xmas: [/quote]

:cuteangel:

Nail On Head, 🤞🙏
Videoman, that is one of most intelligent posts on this forum in a long, long time!
I wasn't one of the people who got a clue. Actually, a lot of people will say that I don't have a clue. Anyway, if space is such a remote place to be, I'm going to be very interested in what the release is. When I asked them about a possibility about this at Magic Live, they did say that it was something that they were working on.

Keeping my fingers crossed,

Dave
I also received that email from the NK guys

impatient to know that it is cooked
I'm quietly and patiently waiting and watching! ;)

All that for a deck of cards?! Really?!
Meh.
Message: Posted by: Christian de Punto (Sep 26, 2019 10:08AM)
Playing cards??? like we do not have enough on the market... lol...
these guys really knows how to **** off their clients!
still waiting for the big "july-update" and now a bit printed paper...
Message: Posted by: Christian de Punto (Sep 26, 2019 10:18AM)
[quote]On Sep 19, 2019, videoman wrote:
I for one am hoping space is a very remote place!
But even if it were that, although on one hand I would be pleased I would also be bummed because it will probably cost $199.00 and you know they could have just enabled it to work with a $29.00 one that is already readily available.

But my guess is that it is just a new sport style of watch, or even simply a new line of watch bands.
I know, I know, but NK has a reputation for a lot of hype equaled only by the disappointment when you find out what the new thing they are offering is.
Sorry if I sound jaded or pessimistic, but when it comes to NK, I am. [/quote]

you are right man...!
[quote]On Sep 26, 2019, Christian de Punto wrote:
Playing cards??? like we do not have enough on the market... lol...
these guys really knows how to **** off their clients!
still waiting for the big "july-update" and now a bit printed paper... [/quote]

I couldn't agree more. Forget the hype for a second. One they don't look anything special nor do they have custom court cards. Even with that asside they are issuing them in the same year with brand new Jerry's Nuggets and Butterfly campaigns. I really don't see the point.

Also what's with the video of the cards on the way to space. Who cares? I don't really get it tbh.

S
Playing cards and card clips.
Is this to subsidize R&D on the remotes? Based on their talk on the Magicianís Advice podcast they are still working on the remotes.
A deck of cards!!!

really

tell me this is a joke!!!
Message: Posted by: strollingmagician (Sep 26, 2019 11:46AM)
They do plant a tree for every deck produced. Good for them! Others should follow that!
Unbelievable! Itís worse than I even imagined!
Please tell me there is something else coming. That was surely just an ill-conceived joke before the real reveal comes.

They should have been handing these decks out as a promotional item at their Magic Live booth. What will their next new product be...pens with their logo on them?

Iím sure the T boys are getting quite a kick out of this and laughing their asses off. No one on their team could have legitimately believed the way this was hyped and released was a good idea. They definitely have a sadistic streak and seem to get pleasure out of hyping and then purposely disappointing their supporters. This is the exact response they were hoping for IMO.
[quote]On Sep 26, 2019, videoman wrote:
Unbelievable! Itís worse than I even imagined!
Please tell me there is something else coming. That was surely just an ill-conceived joke before the real reveal comes.

They should have been handing these decks out as a promotional item at their Magic Live booth. What will their next new product be...pens with their logo on them?

Iím sure the T boys are getting quite a kick out of this and laughing their asses off. No one on their team could have legitimately believed the way this was hyped and released was a good idea. They definitely have a sadistic streak and seem to get pleasure out of hyping and then purposely disappointing their supporters. This is the exact response they were hoping for IMO. [/quote]

Have to agree all the hype for yet another deck of cards

Itís bad enough to have a message from Steve brooks about another deck of cards every other day

But I would have expected better than this !!
If it was April 1st, I think it might be an interesting prank. As it is, they've lost a lot of credibility in my book. When they try to build up anticipation for something and then it's really a major letdown (in my opinion), they are really going to have to do something amazing for me to trust their hype again! I know, a lot of dealers/creators hype things up a bit but at least it's mostly products that may have the potential to be amazing. Another new deck of cards...not so much!
Terrible news really...am done with these guys and selling my watch.
But I hear this is not just a deck of cards. It can also do card tricks and you can play cards games with it like Poker and Blackjack.
Oh and it also has a gold foiled tuck case! Where do I send my money?
If this sticks, very disappointing...Heck, Iím still waiting on that second turner watch app update
Message: Posted by: strollingmagician (Sep 26, 2019 07:30PM)
Was really hoping this was for a remote with the Turner watch. Since no remote now, I bought The Wallet by Miranda.
I am still waiting for the ďjust jokingĒ e-mail. Even if they decided to make and release a deck of cards, who would want this one? You would never use these in performance.

Spectator: Whatís up with the Nobody Knows cards? Whatís that?

Magician: Oh, thatís the name of the company that sold me the magic watch that I just used on you. Thatís their logo. They shot a deck of these into space!

Spectator: (walking away)

I donít even see card collectors who donít perform having any interest in these.

:bikes: :phoenixred: :tallyred:
It is a great idea to use this deck and the T-Watch in the same performance.
So, when they search for the deck, they can also find the Watch as a bonus.
[quote]On Sep 27, 2019, RodrigoGrando wrote:
It is a great idea to use this deck and the T-Watch in the same performance.
So, when they search for the deck, they can also find the Watch as a bonus. [/quote]

So it's a case of Everybody Knows :-)
Message: Posted by: Christian de Punto (Sep 27, 2019 01:50PM)
Seems the success with the watch (i regret I listen to the ekaterina review and buyed turner w. instead of mirandas the w.) was too much for some kid souls.
now they sell their logo printed on an ordinary - or better bad - deck and believe its cool.
remembers me on this pink pillows with "gucci" or "prada" printed on it...
At which point will the T-Boys actually realize that NOBODY CARES about their latest product?

I'm done with them, as are many of you.

This cements their place in magic history as a "one-hit-wonder"... may they RIP, and deservedly so, since they clearly have no clue how to relate to their once loyal hoard of customers.

No updates, No commitments, No nothing on their product. Instead, raise everybody's expectations and wastes everybody's time hyping up their new look website and now playing cards.

Since they must be laughing at how stupid their customers are, lapping up everything they throw at us, let us, who have spent our hard earned money, have the last laugh... I am NEVER going to recommend buying from them, and for those of you looking for a remote, may you all buy JM's watch right away and not wait around like fools for a product that will never come at a price that you want.
And the golden raspberry award goes to...
You guys sound like a bunch of whiny 12 year olds. If you donít think is good then can state your Opinion then move on. But to slam and cut down people over and over just shows how Childish you are. The watch they made is unbelievable. 1st of its kind with using your smartphone. How many one hit wonders have came out over the past years? Even if they donít come out with anything Else they made there mark in the magic world. What have you done?????
I totally understand some of the frustrations. But for me this watch has been amazing. I wear it nearly everyday, I love the look of it, and it's gotten strong reactions when I use it. Honestly I've loved this thing. Brilliant piece to have on and ready.
[quote]On Sep 28, 2019, MR Effecto wrote:
You guys sound like a bunch of whiny 12 year olds. If you donít think is good then can state your Opinion then move on. But to slam and cut down people over and over just shows how Childish you are. The watch they made is unbelievable. 1st of its kind with using your smartphone. How many one hit wonders have came out over the past years? Even if they donít come out with anything Else they made there mark in the magic world. What have you done????? [/quote]

I bought their product. And the customer is always right.
My apologies for my post videoman so aptly analyzed. It WAS'NT the Flavor of the Month! It was waaaay worse!
At least Steve Brooks will be happy

He must have bought more packs of cards than I have had Hot Dinners this year !
[quote]On Sep 30, 2019, patapon wrote:
[quote]On Sep 28, 2019, MR Effecto wrote:
You guys sound like a bunch of whiny 12 year olds. If you donít think is good then can state your Opinion then move on. But to slam and cut down people over and over just shows how Childish you are. The watch they made is unbelievable. 1st of its kind with using your smartphone. How many one hit wonders have came out over the past years? Even if they donít come out with anything Else they made there mark in the magic world. What have you done????? [/quote]

I bought their product. And the customer is always right. [/quote]

Not true. In most cases the customer is right, but not always. Most of the people on the Cafť give there option even if they don't have the product. You will always have haters. Some people just like to jump on the band wagon and talk crap.
[quote]On Oct 3, 2019, MR Effecto wrote:

Most of the people on the Cafť give there option even if they don't have the product. You will always have haters. Some people just like to jump on the band wagon and talk crap. [/quote]

But the problem is Mr. Effecto that you did not state that in your original scathing post. You lumped EVERYONE into the same category, while I believe most of the comments (and quite possibly ALL of them) were from actual owners of the watch. Furthermore, I'm not sure how you would know who owns it and who doesn't. Not to mention the fact that I have seen a fair number of complaints coming from you over the years so just because you disagree in this particular case you then feel it is perfectly fine to come on here and scold everyone who shared an option (oops, I mean opinion.) Honestly, I think your post was the most whiny and childish (not to mention disrespectful) of them all. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
Not true videoman at all!!!! As stated you missed the point.
The app update with new input method is available in both the Android and Apple store. Have a look, this one is brilliant and fantastic.
I received an email from the NK guys, but in the Spanish apple store it is not yet available

hopefully it won't take long for the update to be available
For the record, I have the watch and love it. I just thought the card hoax was ridiculous.
What does the new software update do that is different from before?
New input method is awesome. Essentially TOXIC with hidden input. Cheeky that the spec does it themselves.
Very awesome, yeah. It's a new input, and as said above, the spec does it. And you get more hits if you want. If you don't want to be discreet, but instead have the phone in obvious play, this is the way to do it
Interesting. Doesnít it seem transparent that the phone is connected to watch when spectator is inputing time?
I do like how blatant that method it is though. Clever.
Teriffic update !!! great idea to be able to use the watch as peek device now !!!
Nice & useful update by the 'T' Team. The latest updated 'T' App has added good value to the prop.

[quote]On Oct 5, 2019, Ustaad wrote:
Nice & useful update by the 'T' Team. The latest updated 'T' App has added good value to the prop.

:xmas: [/quote]

Agreed! TERRIFIC addition. This will be my new method for using the effect.
Its nice they updated the app, but its too bad it isn't the second edition of cards that went into outer space with the company logo on the front.
How do you get to the tutorial for the new input method? I went to the link but itís just the demo vid.
Great update!!!

good job guys!!!
[quote]On Oct 6, 2019, emyers99 wrote:
How do you get to the tutorial for the new input method? I went to the link but itís just the demo vid. [/quote]

Log into the site, go to your account, then go to "my video tutorials". You'll find everything there.
Many thanks Nathan
Still canít find it. Wonder if itís because I bought from Alakazam instead of direct. I have an account but nothing shows up.
Email them. I had to do that to activate the videos even though I bought from them a while ago
I donít purchase from them. I had to email and I also provided proof of purchase.