(Close Window)
Topic: Using a handheld microphone
It's my opinion that every performer should learn how to do their act using a handheld mic on a stand. Even if you're 100% convinced that a headworn/earworn/lav mic is for you, every pro will tell you that there are times that a handheld mic is just unavoidable! That's why I did my latest project, which is a lecture helping magicians to learn how to use one properly. It was just reviewed by Jamie Salinas - I gave him a copy and asked him to give me a 100% impartial, honest review. http://youtu.be/7Oay0XRwODs
I couldn't agree more. This is so true for many different reasons. Whether magicians will pay the price for this may be another issue.
Thanks Mindpro. I know $49.95 is a higher price point than the average lecture, but the material discussed is (in my biased opinion) more than worth it. I think the "pro tips" sections that have nothing to do with microphones are probably worth the price alone, as I go into stuff I never thought I'd share. One of the things I talk about is the importance of recording every show, including the "hows" and "whys" with a real-world example of how doing so saved my butt once.

Also, in addition to the lecture, buyers get the read-along slides and a buyers guide that has links to all the gear mentioned in the lecture.
Sounds like a winner! Best of luck with this project, it is definietly needed.