(Close Window)
Topic: Card jokes
I want to start to add comedy to my card magic. What are some good lines to say during your card act?

Thanks
"At no time will my fingers leave my hand."

When you ask them to hold their hand out to put a card on it, shake their hand...

It should be based on what you're actually doing at the moment.
After asking someone to shuffle a pack and remove one card, I say, "Can you remember your chosen card and put all the others back in their original order?" You'll see a look of fear come over your helper's face.
Have a card selected and tell the spectator to memorize it. Have it lost in the deck and say, "You memorized your card, right?" They respond, "Yes." Ask them, "Both sides?"
Shuffle them but don't mix them up. (Call stop for a card.) Is that the card you want? Do you want to change your mind? Or are you happy with the mind you've got?
"Pick a card, any card...not that one."

"OK, now I would like you to select a card. This one." (Handing them a card.)

"Now put your card back into the deck anywhere you like as long as it's right here."

Ask the spectator to pick a card then very obviously move the spread so that their finger touches a card. "That one? OK."

Hand the spectator the deck and say, "I'd like you to shuffle the deck." Pause and look away until you hear them start shuffling. Then say, "But it's very important that before you do..."

Ask the spectator to think of a card. Then say, "Now there's absolutely no way I could possibly know what card you're thinking of, right?" When they agree with you say, "That's what I thought. Let's do something else then." (If you want you could either go on to another trick or use an invisible deck to actually reveal their card.)

Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

Craig

...Oh, and if you're performing for kids (or drunks) do the, "Nothing up my sleeves" bit then tilt your head back and say, "Nothing up my nose!"
Your signature is very, very true!

Matt
When using cards a good deal depends on a good deal.

Pick a card, any card, NOT THAT ONE!!!
Those are great, I'm gonna use some of them in my routine.
Have spectator shuffle deck, "Mix those cards up as much as you want just don't disturb my original order."

It's always great to get a sad look on your face as they hopelessly mix up the cards and you say, "Well, too late now."

If you like callbacks you can refer back to this spectator throughout the rest of the act, i.e. in the middle of another trick turn to the spec and say something to the effect of, "I'm sure you'd love to destroy the order right now again, wouldn't you?"

When spectator has a free choice of any card, "Pick a card, any card, preferably the ones marked pick me..."