(Close Window)
Topic: CubeSmith - Rubik Cube App
CubeSmith the greatest Rubik type Cube App on the planet:
Many top performers have been privileged to be Beta testers of this amazing app for a Rubik cube effect.

To find out more visit the web link here:
https://cubesmith.info/

Buy the app on Android here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.benkesmith.supercube&hl=en

Soon to be released on iOS as well. ;-)

CubeSmith is a secret cube magic tool exclusively for magicians. If you haven't heard about it, then it's probably not for you. You will find more info in the in-app User Guide.

Here are some of the users quotes:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Quotes from users:

"CubeSmith is the greatest piece of Rubik magic ever released."
Mark Elsdon

"Benke has smashed the rubix cube genre into a new dimension, you literally need no cube experience to do miracles. Absolutely love this app!"
Kieron Johnson

"CubeSmith has opened a new dimension in Cube Magic."
Rune Carlsen

"Often utility devices have 1, maybe 2, incredible applications...CubeSmith has 11! Best mentalism thinking the cube has ever seen!!"
John Hinton

"With CubeSmith you are no longer someone performing Rubik Cube tricks but a magician performing miracles to your audience and yourself. You can be blindfolded and still perform so many miracles with ease. This is as close to pure magic as it is possible to get. Well done Benke Smith CubeSmith for this absolutely amazing product."
Charlie Dent

"My friend, this application is the best cube magic I've seen and done!!! OMG, wooooow... With all honesty this is insane, a true magician fooler. Every cube magic on the market is childs play compared to this."
Samuel Gaitan
There is no bull**it advertising with this product.

Nothing is misleading in its description.

It does exactly what it says on the tin!

Seeing is believing, but you won't believe it until you try it or see someone performing it.

Pure magic at its cleanest.

Many magicians didn't want this to come to market as it is too good, but Benke Smith has to make a living. ;-)
Here is a video of me performing with this amazing product:

https://youtu.be/zuJE0GAaPgA
I have been using CubeSmith for the last few weeks...Man !! this is the BEST thing I have ever purchased.

This could be the 'Trick of the Year' easily.

Congratulations Benke for such an amazing job!!
[quote]On Dec 5, 2019, TazBo wrote:

https://youtu.be/zuJE0GAaPgA [/quote]

That's great - what cubes are you using there? They are not the Giiker.

Thanks,

Mike
[quote]On Dec 5, 2019, Michael Daniels wrote:

Thanks,

Mike [/quote]

All is explained on the website: https://cubesmith.info/cubes
Thanks. :-)

Thanks,

Mike [/quote]
Users re-sticker the cubes when necessary to disguise the charging ports, but some cubes don't have charging ports and therefore do not need re-stickering.
I have to second what other people are saying. I started testing this back in August. It was amazing even then but as you get to know Benke you will realise that amazing is not good enough. He has refined this app. Made it even more user friendly ( trust me the app really does do all the work) he has been adding to it and improved it week after week. A little tweak here and there. He added more routines, added two cube routines to it for an amazing matching cube effect where both cubes can be examined and nothing and nothing has to be taken away. He added away to do a colour match routine. The list goes on and on. You will be astounded what this app is capable off. On top of all these improvements he has time to listen to the beta testers and implement suggestions which are usually added within a day.
I have only scratched the surface what this app is capable off.
A truly remarkable app built by a remarkable person.
In a short time ios users are in for a treat. Android users are lucky as their version is already out.
Users re-sticker the cubes when necessary to disguise the charging ports, but some cubes don't have charging ports and therefore do not need re-stickering. [/quote]

Right - so a Giiker restickered all over? I want it to look exactly like a standard cube and don't like the curved sides on the Giiker stickers.

I wonder if it is possible to remove the Giiker electronics and put them in a standard speed cube or RD cube?

Mike
Users re-sticker the cubes when necessary to disguise the charging ports, but some cubes don't have charging ports and therefore do not need re-stickering. [/quote]

Right - so a Giiker restickered all over? I want it to look exactly like a standard cube and don't like the curved sides on the Giiker stickers.

I wonder if it is possible to remove the Giiker electronics and put them in a standard speed cube or RD cube?

Mike [/quote]

Look at my video, I think the re-stickered cubes fly by. Place square stickers on the cube and no one will notice the black rounded corners beyond the square stickers. ;-)
Look at my video, I think the re-stickered cubes fly by. Place square stickers on the cube and no one will notice the black rounded corners beyond the square stickers. ;-) [/quote]

Thanks - yes the cubes looked normal to me when I watched the video.

Mike
I second everything rowland posted. Selfishly, I wish I could have this one for myself, but the creator of this app deserves to make a LOT of money on this. It is THAT good, and he is that nice! Got to be the app of the decade.
So then, can I assume that folks using CubeSmith who originally purchased Rubiked, are no longer using the Rubiked app and have switched entirely to this app?
[quote]On Dec 5, 2019, videoman wrote:
So then, can I assume that folks using CubeSmith who originally purchased Rubiked, are no longer using the Rubiked app and have switched entirely to this app? [/quote]

I never bought Rubiked, but I know a few guys on the Facebook Group had previously bought it but are now converted totally to CubeSmith. It is that good, no itís better than that good. :-)

Mike [/quote]

Look at my video, I think the re-stickered cubes fly by. Place square stickers on the cube and no one will notice the black rounded corners beyond the square stickers. ;-) [/quote]

I am planning to resticker mine (still in the box!). Where did you get the stickers?
[quote]On Dec 5, 2019, paperinick wrote:

Mike [/quote]

I am planning to resticker mine (still in the box!). Where did you get the stickers? [/quote]

I bought mine from PropDog. Maybe not the cheapest, but it was convenient.
Thank you Charlie for the kind words and the post! :-)

Those who are thinking about disguising the Giiker/Xiaomi cubes as normal cubes, glueing in the magnets is highly recommended.
Here is my short tutorial on this: https://youtu.be/yWfraA__5BQ

Also I'm here to answer all your questions, feel free to ask! :-)
Hello,

When will this be released on IOS?

Thanks

Alex
So then, can I assume that folks using CubeSmith who originally purchased Rubiked, are no longer using the Rubiked app and have switched entirely to this app? [/quote]
This is more advanced than Rubiked and has more features, Rubiked is a one trick pony while CubeSmith allows you to do solid 15 minutes performance with different routines . If you like Rubiked you will love CubeSmith more.
[quote]On Dec 5, 2019, BMWGuy wrote:
Hello,

Thanks

Alex [/quote]
It is already available for IOS, contact Benke for the info.
[quote]On Dec 5, 2019, Maxy wrote:
[quote]On Dec 5, 2019, BMWGuy wrote:
Hello,

Thanks

Alex [/quote]
It is already available for IOS, contact Benke for the info. [/quote]

Not quite yet available for iOS. But hopefully in the next couple of days.
Just waiting on approval.
Message: Posted by: Christian de Punto (Dec 5, 2019 04:11PM)

but to perform the routine in the shown way, next to the app and a bt-cube, you need extra hardware "for your ear" too, right?!

beside that, I miss a bit the "magic" in all off this. because here allways the performer is showing his "great abilities" (a bit like at a magic square). its impressive what he is doing, but not beyond (nearly) impossible. while at effects like "venom cube" the spectator hits the prediction of the performer or in "the solution" the spectator solves the cube behind his head... that's (much more) magical!

i do not want to say, that it is not a great app, but this two shown plots are not magical for me. maybe there are others. better ones.
Thank you Benke & TazBo!
[quote]On Dec 5, 2019, Christian de Punto wrote:

but to perform the routine in the shown way, next to the app and a bt-cube, you need extra hardware "for your ear" too, right?!

beside that, I miss a bit the "magic" in all off this. because here allways the performer is showing his "great abilities" (a bit like at a magic square). its impressive what he is doing, but not beyond (nearly) impossible. while at effects like "venom cube" the spectator hits the prediction of the performer or in "the solution" the spectator solves the cube behind his head... that's (much more) magical!

i do not want to say, that it is not a great app, but this two shown plots are not magical for me. maybe there are others. better ones. [/quote]

Create your own plots.
There are many effects possible, for instance the spectator mixes their cube and they match their moves to match a picture in your phones photo album or on a webpage.
Yes, you can use other products to enhance the effect , but that is up to the individual.

That was my first ever performance, I had never done it before. My audience seemed to enjoy it. But I guess you wouldnít have. Everyone to their own. ;-)

That's true for me. I will pm you one aspect that's particularly better than Rubiked.
[quote]On Dec 6, 2019, Christian de Punto wrote:

i do not want to say, that it is not a great app, but this two shown plots are not magical for me. maybe there are others. better ones. [/quote]
There is way to perform without the e*** piece.
There are other routines in the app, to make the mentioned routine more magical you can be blindfolded, you take the cube behind your back, sense the colors with your fingers and proceed to solve it without seeing the cube until it get solved. Spectator can mix one cube while you turn your back blindfolded, you proceed to match second cube behind your back to the spectator's cube state and you never saw both cubes until you are done.
Https://youtu.be/Noehokz6U68?t=42s
https://youtu.be/YAGX1ugxABI?t=1m26s
https://youtu.be/7RYaXSc2GcA?t=51s
There is so much more coming in the next months... I already have a long to-do list, based on user requests and my own ideas as well. I intend to maintain this project for a long-long time. :-)
but to perform the routine in the shown way, next to the app and a bt-cube, you need extra hardware "for your ear" too, right?![/quote]

Not necessarily... you can also use the screen of your phone/tablet if you can prepare for your presentation and hide the phone. You can peek from under a blindfold... I won my first ever magic contest using this method. :-) I've also used the fake stopwatch screen with 5-6 people standing around me, we all were watching the timer... but only I noticed the secret instructions. Very bold but still very sureproof method. :-)

About the magical aspect: it all depends on the performer. You can present it as skill, magic or mentalism as well. I never look at the cube(s) after I hand them over to mix, and always solve above my head or behind my back. My favourite is the cloning routine, where they keep one of the mixed cubes hidden, and I solve the other cube to match their pattern. They could even mix the other (target) cube some more while I'm solving mine, and I still end up with 2 perfectly identical cubes. No gimmicks, everything can be examined. :-) If this is not magic, then what is? :-)

I work with 2 totally different looking cubes:
- one has regular shaped stickers and also the magnets glued in, so it looks and sounds as a normal cube
- the other has GAN stickers, and the clicking magnetic sound (I say it's a speedcube)
This way spectators won't think I use special cubes. Sometimes they examine the cubes, but won't find anything. I even fooled a speedcuber guy who was familiar with the Giiker cubes, still he had no idea I was using them. :-)
Message: Posted by: Christian de Punto (Dec 6, 2019 08:59AM)
[quote]On Dec 6, 2019, BenkeSmith wrote:
but to perform the routine in the shown way, next to the app and a bt-cube, you need extra hardware "for your ear" too, right?![/quote]

Not necessarily... you can also use the screen of your phone/tablet if you can prepare for your presentation and hide the phone. You can peek from under a blindfold... I won my first ever magic contest using this method. :-) I've also used the fake stopwatch screen with 5-6 people standing around me, we all were watching the timer... but only I noticed the secret instructions. Very bold but still very sureproof method. :-)

About the magical aspect: it all depends on the performer. You can present it as skill, magic or mentalism as well. I never look at the cube(s) after I hand them over to mix, and always solve above my head or behind my back. My favourite is the cloning routine, where they keep one of the mixed cubes hidden, and I solve the other cube to match their pattern. They could even mix the other (target) cube some more while I'm solving mine, and I still end up with 2 perfectly identical cubes. No gimmicks, everything can be examined. :-) If this is not magic, then what is? :-)

I work with 2 totally different looking cubes:
- one has regular shaped stickers and also the magnets glued in, so it looks and sounds as a normal cube
- the other has GAN stickers, and the clicking magnetic sound (I say it's a speedcube)
This way spectators won't think I use special cubes. Sometimes they examine the cubes, but won't find anything. I even fooled a speedcuber guy who was familiar with the Giiker cubes, still he had no idea I was using them. :-) [/quote]

i sent you a pm....
Great to see that everyone who had doubts and concerns so far, ended up being a CubeSmith user. ;-)
I will do my best to satisfy all users!!! :-)
Will pick up available for ios 👌🏻
The FULL version of CubeSmith is now available for both Android and iOS. The price is $160 for the app only, and $35 for a personal prediction photo option.
Yes, I know... CubeSmith is not a cheap toy, but it's also not for everyone. I'd rather keep it as an exclusive tool for pro magicians only.

However, I only sell licenses for the Android version at the moment, because Apple hasn't approved the app for the AppStore yet.
For those who buy the Android license and have an iOS device, I offer the iOS TestFlight version for FREE. :-)
It means every user will be able to use the FULL version of the app on Android and on iOS as well. :-)

Please PM me for details, or contact me on Messenger at: https://m.me/benke.smith
One of my favorite features of the CS app and it is not using Giiker cube, that you can sense the top color or number of a cardboard cube using cheaply available consumer device (think of it like Promy*** MD style effect on a budget).

Here is the list of Cubesmith included routines:
[quote]
Solving the cube
You give the cube to the spectator, they mix it, you take it back without ever looking, then you solve the cube behind your back blindfolded.

Prediction only
The spectator opens a webpage showing a blog about cubing on their phone. You tell them some facts about the cube, which you've read in the blog. Then you give them the cube to mix... and the final pattern will match the image on the blog page . It's an unbelievable coincidence!

Prediction, then solve
In this routine you can combine the first two effects. First the spectator opens the blog page on their phone, and you talk about some cube facts you've read there. Then you give them the cube to mix... and the final pattern will accidentally match the image on the webpage . Then they mix the cube again, you take it back without looking, and solve it behind your back.

Camera snapshot
The spectator mixes the cube, then they take a photo of the mixed cube with their smartphone (or camera). Then they mix the cube again... You are turning away for all this, so you don't have a clue what's on their photo, and how they mixed the cube afterwards. Still, you can "solve" the cube behind your back, so it will match the pattern on the photo they took.

Solve a custom pattern
You give the cube to the spectator, they mix it, and you take it back without ever looking. Then you pretend to solve the cube behind your back, but when you show the cube, it is not solved... it has the predefined pattern you have set in the settings.

Pattern from cards
You show the spectator a packet of cards, each displaying 3 sides of a mixed cube. There are 18 patterns and all of them are different. You briefly mix the packet face down, then the spectator picks one card (you don't see the pattern). Then you give them the cube to mix. When they are ready, you take the cube back without looking, and "solve" it behind your back so that the cube will match the pattern on the selected card.

Color sense-ation
The spectator mixes the cube, and keeps the cube in their hands. You try to sense the colors from a distance, without ever looking at the mixed cube.... "Is there a GREEN in the center somewhere?" - you ask, and the spectator looks for the green side of the cube... you then name every color on that side.

One color only
The spectator names their favourite color (or any of the six colors) from the cube. You give them the cube to mix, then take the cube back without looking, and "solve" it behind your back. Actually you don't solve the whole cube, only one side - which has their selected color!

Cloned cube (2 cubes)
You introduce two cubes, and give both of them to your audience to mix. Then you take one of them (either cube) without looking, and "solve" it behind your back so that the cube will match the other cube (the one they kept for themselves).

Virtual cube match
You show a virtual cube on your phone, which can be mixed with finger swipes. You also show a real cube. Then you try to make a prediction on the phone, while the spectator is mixing the real cube. You put your prediction (the phone) face down, and wait for the spectator to finish mixing the cube. When they are ready, you turn over the phone, and match the virtual cube to the real cube - and they are identical!

Virtual cube predicted
The spectator opens the blog page on their phone, and you talk about some cube facts you've read there. Then you show a virtual cube on your phone, which can be mixed with finger swipes. You give it to the spectator, who can mix the cube on the screen. When they are ready, you ask them to scroll down the webpage on their phone , and look at the photo: it shows the same pattern that they've just mixed on the screen!

[/quote]
I use the Giker cube with it . How do other cubes make it any better ? Regards Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Dec 13, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I use the Giker cube with it . How do other cubes make it any better ? Regards Gaz 🙂 [/quote]

I think he meant the MiBand color die, which is an extra accessory you can make at home, if you have the necessary "component". Please check out the "MiBand Die" page on the CubeSmith info webpage for more info! ;-)
I have been testing this and have to say it's so nice to use. Well done to the developers!

Wow. Amazing. I had to laugh at choosing the only person on this planet not capable of mixing up a Rubikís cube. Lol.
[quote]On Dec 16, 2019, pegasus wrote:

Wow. Amazing. I had to laugh at choosing the only person on this planet not capable of mixing up a Rubikís cube. Lol. [/quote]

Indeed. Next time I will pick someone from the older generation. LOL
There is one word for this app from Benke , SENSATIONAL ! Gaz 🙂
Ps it works perfectly on iOS in test flight mode too 👍
Hi guys,

I've been eyeing this for several days and really wanting to hit the buy button. My concern though is in regards to the cubes. I see where some people are saying the Bluetooth connection is bad on the Giiker cubes. What would one do if you were to lose a connection during a routine?

Also, can someone tell me how long charging might take on the Giiker cube? I've heard that it can stay charged for a couple of weeks. Once it's charged, is it always on or is there an "Off" button to conserve battery. How do you know when to charge again?

Best,
Matthew
[quote]On Dec 17, 2019, MatthewSims wrote:
Hi guys,

I've been eyeing this for several days and really wanting to hit the buy button. My concern though is in regards to the cubes. I see where some people are saying the Bluetooth connection is bad on the Giiker cubes. What would one do if you were to lose a connection during a routine?

Also, can someone tell me how long charging might take on the Giiker cube? I've heard that it can stay charged for a couple of weeks. Once it's charged, is it always on or is there an "Off" button to conserve battery. How do you know when to charge again?

Best,
Matthew [/quote]

Regarding the BT cube, Benke himself recommended to me the Xiaomi Mi Square cube. This is one of the types of cubes he also recommends on the CubeSmith website. Don't know if there are any connection problems though. I haven't received mine so far.
I am having NO connection problems at all with the Giker cube and the Cubesmith app . I did with the Rubiked app sometimes but it seems to worth perfectly with Benkeís app . The Giker lasts a couple of weeks charged and it shows you on the Cubesmith app exactly itís battery state every time you launch the app . This to me is far an away the best app I have ever seen Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Dec 17, 2019, MatthewSims wrote:
What would one do if you were to lose a connection during a routine?

Also, can someone tell me how long charging might take on the Giiker cube? I've heard that it can stay charged for a couple of weeks. Once it's charged, is it always on or is there an "Off" button to conserve battery. How do you know when to charge again?[/quote]

I'm happy to answer all your questions. :-)

There are 3 types of supported cubes at the moment:

- the "Giiker i3" and "Giiker i3S (v2018)" (with blue charger) are always ON, and can be connected at any time without touching them. battery lasts about 3 weeks, the app displays the battery status. charging takes about an hour. once connected, they stay connected for an "unlimited time" during performance.

- the newer "Giiker i3S (v2019)" and "Giiker i3SE" (with black charger, and firmware 60 and above) have a battery saving function, turning off after 15 minutes if not connected (can be turned ON with one twist). battery lasts at least 2 months with one charge. when connected, they would disconnect after 30 minutes of inactivity, but CubeSmith would re-connect them automatically.

- the new "Xiaomi Mi Smart Magic Cube" has a removable battery which lasts for 360 hours, and can be replaced easily. This cube also turns off after 15 minutes of inactivity when not connected (can be turned ON with one twist). When connected, they stay connected "forever".

WARNING!!! When fully discharged (or 3% of the cubes even randomly) the cubes reset themselves, which means they will consider their actual state (pattern) as the solved state. In this case you have to manually solve them, and then perform a "solved reset" within the app (or use the "coloring reset" in Supercube). If this happens more than once when they are charged, then the cube might have a faulty component. It seems that about 3% of the cubes have this issue once or more. I'm telling you this to prevent any future surprises. When you work with electronics and/or software, things might go wrong from time to time. Luckily we (especially members of the Facebook group) are here to help each other and share our experiences to avoid these "accidents". :-) My advice: always store your cube(s) in a fully solved state, so if they ever get randomly reset, there will be no trouble at all. :-)
Any update on when the iOS app will be approved/released? I have 2 cubes ready to go!

Mike
[quote]On Dec 17, 2019, Michael Daniels wrote:
Any update on when the iOS app will be approved/released? I have 2 cubes ready to go!
Mike [/quote]

Apple is reviewing it for 3 days straight now, don't know what to expect. Anyway, you can already use the TestFlight version, which is the FULL version.
There will be no difference if Apple ever approves the app... CubeSmith users would be more happy if the app would stay on TestFlight forever, hidden from the public. ;-)
(Also there would be other ways to distribute the app outside of the AppStore.)

So... if you decide to buy CubeSmith, you will get the FULL version for both Android and iOS (yes, it's cross-buy!!!). Just PM me when you're ready. :-)
Yes I can tell you it doesnít need Apple approval as itís perfect in test flight and always will be .
However I want it iOS approved for Benkeís sake as this is pure genius and he quite rightly should and deserves to make lots of money from this .
He doesnít need Apple approval and nor does anybody to buy it now so my advice is just do it as it will be one of the best purchases you ever make in magic provided you like Rubikís cube magjc Gaz 🙂
But arenít you paying an extremely large amount of money just to have a covert screen giving you instructions, as opposed to just hiding the phone and paying a fraction of the price?

Yes I realise it has extra functionality such as matching another mixed cube, but if, like me youíre only interested in solving (above your head) then what is the benefit of forking out so much?
[quote]On Dec 17, 2019, pegasus wrote:
But arenít you paying an extremely large amount of money just to have a covert screen giving you instructions, as opposed to just hiding the phone and paying a fraction of the price?

Yes I realise it has extra functionality such as matching another mixed cube, but if, like me youíre only interested in solving (above your head) then what is the benefit of forking out so much? [/quote]

If alll you want to do is solve a cube, then donít buy this. This product is for magicians who want to create more than that.
Everyone to their own.
Er Iíve been able to solve a cube since 1983 thank you. Never mind.
It has a lot more to it than that Pegasus and I also want it to be covert in plain site when solving and itís reliability is fantastic too .
I also already had one of the best ear pieces so I donít always need my phone out at all .
Lastly I got it for half price as I bought it at the Beta test stage but would of happily paid the full price as I love it Gaz 🙂 . Ps we must be of a similar age as I also learnt to solve the cube in 1983 aged 15 years of age 🙂
[quote]On Dec 18, 2019, pegasus wrote:
But arenít you paying an extremely large amount of money just to have a covert screen giving you instructions, as opposed to just hiding the phone and paying a fraction of the price?[/quote]

Do you mean solving the cube using the free Supercube app? Here are the cons of doing it:

- you can't hold the cube in any orientation, so you can't solve the cube without ever looking at it
- you have to watch the screen constantly, so you wouldn't miss the animation (it won't repeat automatically)
- you can solve the cube slowly, waiting for the next animation to happen
- you have to touch the screen to start solving after the spectator mixed the cube
- if you want to restart the routine, you have to touch the screen several times
- you can't perform several routines, only the simple solve
- you won't get audio instructions (using the secret earpiece)

If you don't mind the above, then sure, the free Supercube app is the right choice for you! :-)
CubeSmith is a tool for professional magicians, it's not for everyone. In fact, the less people are using it, the better. ;-)

(Btw: CubeSmith with 2 cubes worth at least $400 if not more... so I'm still selling the app at half price.)
Yes very good, however, I would never pay your asking price as this whole Rubikís cube Ďsolving behind the back boll@@@@Ď has a very limited lifespan as itís already common knowledge amongst the masses that there are many electronic versions of the cube now available. In fact, many wholesalers have sold out this Xmas.

Enjoy the time you have left amongst the unaware.
Dear Pegasus,
I have addressed it before, but allow me a quick recap: you can show these routines also for those who already know about these bluetooth cubes and the Supercube app. I have already performed for cubers who have a Giiker cube, and they didn't have a clue... here is why:

- they never see your phone during the routine
- if you prepare your cubes in a specific way, they will look and sound like an ordinary cube, and noone will recognise them

Long story short: as long as the spectator is not familiar with CubeSmith (or similar magic apps that will certainly follow), they won't know the secret. :-)

However, it is clear that this tool is not for you, so I'm not trying to convince you... I wrote these answers to reassure those who had doubts. ;-)
P.S.: so far less then 1% of my spectators knew about bluetooth cubes, and 0% suspected I was using one... In a few years these numbers will go up to 2-3% and 0.00001% ;-)
I agree that the audible cue is very impressive, however, the amount of gimmick cubes out there increasing exponentially your product has a short lifespan, and that is the only reason I will not be paying your asking price. And please do not be so condescending in your attitude toward those who refuse to pay your asking price.
I'm really sorry if I hurt your feelings in any way, I didn't realize I wrote anything "condescending".

As I said: even those 1-2% who know (or will know) about bluetooth cubes, won't realize we are using one. That's a fact. Even if all 7 billion people knew about the Giiker cube, most of them could still be fooled. ;-) Anyway, I accept that you wouldn't pay for my app, and I'm totally fine with that. If you have any other questions that worth discussing, please let me know, these can be useful for other people who have the same fears/concerns. :-)
do not be so condescending in your attitude [/quote]

Pot meet Kettle! :)
Ive just read this thread with my mouth open.....so much hostility and negativity....the comment about the 'solving the cube behind your back ********' was the one that made me laugh.....and the comment about it being a fad?.....well rubiks cubes have been around since 1974 so not sure how something that's been entertaining people for over 40 years will become a fad?.......I bought RUBIKED and got great reactions.....but I never liked the idea of having my phone hidden in a pad or something so I could use the free SUPERCUBE app to solve it like in the routine provided free on SATURN MAGIC page, it didn't work practically and felt arkward....this app takes things to an insane level. the fact you can get it to take you to a predetermined state such as 1221 BLINDFOLDED then do a one handed solve as the finish is just insane and very magical.... plus RAIN MAN style effects go down brilliantly with laypeople hence why the magic square is a killer effect used by pros such as Derren Brown who in many of his shows uses the premise of 'dick brains unite' and that hes a nerdy lad with special talents.....one of the best effects he did on stage was a tray of poker chips and after being slapped around (to simulate bullying for being a nerd) hes able to instantly tell everyone exactly how many chips are on the tray (it used a high tech weighing device that signalled him the total......thats a display of AUTISTIC SAVANTE skill and blew the audience away.... for example this demo for James Corben is entirely based on having special SAVANT abilities...... and it bloody kills....... so I think PEGASUS is talking ********
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAJHUv2JS7w
[quote]On Dec 18, 2019, lunatik wrote:

Pot meet Kettle! :) [/quote]

You think I'm condescending...?? Do you even know what that means... ?? [/quote]

Pot is now confused, oh brother
[quote]On Dec 19, 2019, pegasus wrote:
[quote]On Dec 18, 2019, lunatik wrote:

Pot meet Kettle! :) [/quote]

You think I'm condescending...?? Do you even know what that means... ?? [/quote]
Oh the irony! :lol:

Mark
Guys, please don't take it any further, let's keep it friendly. :-)

Pegasus, I have acknowledged your concerns, thanks for stopping by!
You do know what being Patronising is don't you???? its when someone talks DOWN to you? PMSL :).....Ok those last few comments hit my UK humour button so that's brilliant, its lightened a heavy conversation :)
[quote]On another note I wish you well with this app. If I was a Pro magician Iíd buy it but itís too much for a mere hobbyist.[/quote]

Thanks Pegasus, and no hard feelings! :-) Your thoughts were useful, and I truly understand your thinking. I will do my best to keep this app alive and growing for a long-long time... who knows, maybe one day we will discuss it again. :-)
[quote]On Dec 19, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
...Back on topic and I must agree not only is this app crazy good , but Benkeís customer service and his amazing skill to come up with this is a game changer imho .
Great magic to all Gaz 🙂 [/quote]

Having participated from the beginning in the beta of this project, and watching it develop into the extraordinary app it is at this point, let me echo Gaz's comments. Benke's customer service IS the very best in this business. And the app has, as everyone who owns it has noted, unlimited potential - which Benke continues to explore with regular updates. This is, by far, the finest piece of magic I have purchased in a long, long time!
[quote]On Dec 19, 2019, rosariorose9 wrote:
[quote]On Dec 19, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
...Back on topic and I must agree not only is this app crazy good , but Benkeís customer service and his amazing skill to come up with this is a game changer imho .
Great magic to all Gaz 🙂 [/quote]

Having participated from the beginning in the beta of this project, and watching it develop into the extraordinary app it is at this point, let me echo Gaz's comments. Benke's customer service IS the very best in this business. And the app has, as everyone who owns it has noted, unlimited potential - which Benke continues to explore with regular updates. This is, by far, the finest piece of magic I have purchased in a long, long time! [/quote]

I was somewhat late to the CubeSmith beta party but have been using this now for a few weeks. I just bought my third cube. The community he's built is second-to-none and his service and responsiveness is amazing. The app really does have limitless potential. Some users have been submitting ideas on the Facebook group that I'd say would be "holy grail" type effects in cube magic. Frankly, I hope magicians buy this app to add to their arsenals, and I firmly believe this will be one of the most talked-about magic apps for quite some time. Benke has knocked it out of the park, and it's just getting better every day. I highly *highly* recommend CubeSmith to anyone who is even thinking about performing cube magic.
The last 2 posts are 100% bang on the money , this to me at least replaces every single cube effect I have ever bought without question .
It really is that good Gaz 🙂
I must admit that I was a little late to the party and had similar concerns to Pegasus. Due to the popularity of these cubes this may well have a shelf life. However we are not at that point yet and those concerns are easily mitigated. After changing the stickers on my cube it now looks like a regular cube. There is a relatively simple mod that removes the giiker click and makes it sound like a regular cube. A giiker owner would not recognise this as a giiker. Also the giiker needs you to be able to see your phone and so put a blindfold on and donít have a phone anywhere in sight and you are good to go. Likewise if you wear a blindfold and solve the cube above your head then even people that know about the giiker will have no idea. Of course solving the cube is just one of the effects possible with this app pretty much all of the other effects could not be reproduced simply with a giiker.

However even if I only get a year before these are so well known that I have to retire the effect I will have had my monies worth. Realistically if I get 5 gigs out of it then it was worth it but I suspect I will get a lot more mileage out of it than that.

Mark
Dear Mark,
Reading your lines is heartwarming... 😊 I remember you writing almost the same as Pegasus did at first, then somehow you changed your mind and now you're a member of the "CubeSmith Family". 😊😊 I promise I will do everything in my power to extend the lifespan of this "secret tool" as much as possible. 😉 Thanks again for your kind words! :-)
The stop watch screen with the settings Benke uses is amazing and completely hidden in plain sight .
I have a brilliant tiny ear piece that works great too but I would love one of the same minute size that you can turn off via your phone .
The one I have turns on when you put the battery in and only turns off when you take the battery out .
As a result it only lasts 2 hours so itís a pain having the thing on constantly when not using .
Itís not the easiest thing to keep taking in out of your ear either .
If anyone has one or knows where I can buy one that remotely turns off please pm me Gaz 🙂
CubeSmith just landed in the AppStore: https://apps.apple.com/app/id1463192257

More info about purchasing the app:
https://cubesmith.info/purchase

I've just added the feature "Send prediction photo in Email" in the latest version update. ;-)
This is pure gold , just buy it you will never ever regret it .
Absolutely incredible , Benke is a true true genius !!!!! Gaz 🙂
Yes, great app, great customer service and awesome ridiculously good features!
Benke Smith deserves The Houdin 2020 and The Thurston Award already.

You should also check his Mental Painter App - creative genius!
There is always somebody willing to knock a product without knowing absolutely nothing about it, which seems a shame. If you donít like it donít buy it, simple as. Rant over.

I have beta tested CubeSmith from the early stages, and watched this grow into something beautiful. Even at its infancy I was blown away with what this app could do. If you want something powerful to blow your spectators mind, then trust me youíll want this.

Benke constantly adds something new in the updates on a weekly basis, turning this into a true powerhouse.

Very very highly recommended.
I do not know anyone who has this product that does not think it is worth well more than what it is priced at.
And again do not know anyone who regrets buying it.
An amazing piece of kit.
Email predictions is the latest add on feature.
Everyone loves Benke Smith. What a guy. :-) :-) :-)
I've only had it a week and a bit... I am just "playing" with it at this stage - but will be getting a headset for the matching effect - It BLOWS Me away just practicing it "out in the open" (Not whilst in front of other people of course).

Its amazing!!!
Apart from using a hidden ear piece, what are the other ways are there to achieve a matching effect using the app?
There is a brilliant stopwatch timer screen where you can get the info without the audience having a look in .
Particularly if you use the fonts and colour settings Benke told me he uses Gaz 🙂
By the way, I highly recommend purchasing the personalized prediction photo option. Really gives your prediction that extra 'punch'.
Allow me to post a few links, it will be nice to have them in one post for easier access:

CubeSmith (BS Magic) on Google Play (Android): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.benkesmith.cubesmith

CubeSmith (BS Magic) on the App Store (iOS): https://apps.apple.com/us/app/cubesmith-bs-magic/id1463192257

Info website, online User Guide and lots of info: https://cubesmith.info/

Frequently asked questions - answered: https://cubesmith.info/faq

List of magic routines available in the app: https://cubesmith.info/magic-routines

Custom prediction photos: https://cubesmith.info/custom-prediction-photos

Feel free to write your questions in a PM. :-)
[quote]On Jan 7, 2020, BenkeSmith wrote:
Allow me to post a few links, it will be nice to have them in one post for easier access:

CubeSmith (BS Magic) on Google Play (Android): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.benkesmith.cubesmith

CubeSmith (BS Magic) on the App Store (iOS): https://apps.apple.com/us/app/cubesmith-bs-magic/id1463192257

List of magic routines available in the app: https://cubesmith.info/magic-routines

Feel free to write your questions in a PM. :-) [/quote]

No stop advertising it, its too good - keep it for current users! LOL

Its amazing - and I love the cube timer!
[quote]On Jan 7, 2020, dave_matkin wrote:

Its amazing - and I love the cube timer! [/quote]

So you like it then? LOL
[quote]On Jan 7, 2020, TRI6KED wrote:
[quote]On Jan 7, 2020, dave_matkin wrote:

Its amazing - and I love the cube timer! [/quote]

So you like it then? LOL [/quote]

Yes its great.... er I mean no its rubbish...dang too confused!
Well, the good news is that I've removed the free Lite version from the Play Store (Android), and now it's $160 to download it on both platforms. That should make it very exclusive, so only professional magicians - who have already heard about it - will buy the app.

By the way, I will also hide the info webpage from visitors who shouldn't know about the app (yes, it will be password-protected). :-)
Best app ever Benke by an absolute country mile imo .
I hope you make a fortune my friend as you thoroughly deserve it Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Jan 7, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Best app ever Benke by an absolute country mile imo .
I hope you make a fortune my friend as you thoroughly deserve it Gaz 🙂 [/quote]

I second that - well done Benke!

Please, if you don't mind, how do I pronounce your name?
I can only concur with all the comments above. This is an amazing app that I was lucky to test during the beta process.
I use it in all of my shows and it never failed me. What I love about it is that you can do several routines and basically come up with new ones.
The active private group is great and Benkeís constant improvement is just amazing. This guy never sleeps!!
Patrick
[quote]Please, if you don't mind, how do I pronounce your name? [/quote]

Same as "Ben Ken" or "Ben Can", but without the N at the end... :-)
Ok cool thanks....

... do you ever get over to Blackpool? Me and Gaz may mug you and hide you in a closet to stop you from selling your app! :)
Hahahaaa :-) :-) :-) :-)
Yes, will go to Blackpool next month. :-)
Cool, it would be a great honor to shake your hand and congratulate you on your amazing creation!
Yes see you there guys looking forward to it as always and meeting new and old friends Gaz 🙂
Message: Posted by: Christian de Punto (Jan 11, 2020 07:41PM)
I told you guys, we need a "cube smith session"... looking forward to meet you.
CS introduced a new clever peeking device, if you are part of the facebook group you can see images and videos there.
This guy is a genius itís as simple as that .
I am not on FB but still bagged one of these peeking devices plus the app in its Beta stages so it shows FB ainít the Daddy .
Benke certainly is and thatís a fact , this is truly truly gold
Gaz 🙂
Two questions please.

1. What is the skill level of Cubesmith?
2. How does it compare to Venom Cube?

I am interested in the matching cubes effect mainly.
[quote]
1. What is the skill level of Cubesmith?
2. How does it compare to Venom Cube?
[/quote]

1) NO SKILLS needed :-)
2) Spectators van mix both cubes, then maybe keep and hide one of them... you can solve the other cube blindfolded so it wil match the hidden cube. Both cubes can be examined at the end...

I will release a FREE DEMO version soon, so if you have the necessary bluetooth cube then you can try how the main features of the app work. There will be 3 free routines:
- solve a random pattern (nice, symmetric): you can try how the audio guide and the secret screens work, but you can't perform it as magic
- virtual cube predicted: you can try how the prediction works
- virtual cube match
The last 2 routines are actually fully functional routines from the FULL version, see descriptions here:
https://cubesmith.info/magic-routines
If you're coming to Blackpool next week, you can buy the app directly from me with a $20 discount (for $140). You might get the same discount if you PM me here. ;-)
Also I will sell the cubes ($35-50-65) and the 18-card stack ($8) for one of the routines. There will be some MiBand Die boxes for sale as well.

Look for this banner (and my smiling face) on the balcony. ;-)

[img]https://cubesmith.info/downloads/cubesmith_banner.jpg[/img]
[quote]2) Spectators van mix both cubes...[/quote]

Spectators CAN mix both cubes... :-)
Okay thanks, one more question please. You mention a secret screen. Do I have to view or peek the moves from my phone during performance to solve or match cubes?
You'll find the answeres here:
https://cubesmith.info/screens-and-secret-instructions
So I don't need screens, I can do solves and clone cubes with just audio correct?
Yepp :-)
Okay what do I need to do the solves and clone cubes...the app of course and a Bluetooth cube.
Anything else?
2 Bluetooth cubes?
We shall continue in PM :-)
[quote]On Feb 6, 2020, BenkeSmith wrote:
If you're coming to Blackpool next week, you can buy the app directly from me with a $20 discount (for $140). You might get the same discount if you PM me here. ;-)
Also I will sell the cubes ($35-50-65) and the 18-card stack ($8) for one of the routines. There will be some MiBand Die boxes for sale as well.

Look for this banner (and my smiling face) on the balcony. ;-)

[img]https://cubesmith.info/downloads/cubesmith_banner.jpg[/img] [/quote]

PLease save me a set of cards! :)
When will these be for sale in US? take my money!!!
[quote]On Feb 12, 2020, judagar wrote:
When will these be for sale in US? take my money!!! [/quote]

Hi there :-)
I'm not sure when it will be available through magic shops, but you can already buy the app from me (ask for a special discount in PM), and buy some cubes separately from online shops like Amazon, Aliexpress, eBay and Banggood.
You'll find all info on my website: https://cubesmith.info/faq
Regards, Benke
Yes judagar there is no need to wait wherever you live in the world .
This gets my absolute highest recommendation , but that should be pretty obvious the amount of times I have said it already in this thread Gaz 🙂
Being a complete beginner with Bluetooth connected cubes - can anyone recommend which is the best to buy in terms of quality, reliability and ease of use of cube and standard app. Will probably purchase cube and associated app initially then look at magic routines like CubeSmith afterwards. Thank you.
I'm excited to announce that a FREE CubeSmith DEMO version is available for those who already have a compatible cube, and would like to try the app before buying. :-)

The DEMO features 3 routines:
- solve a random pattern
- virtual cube match (routine from the FULL version)
- virtual cube prediction (routine from the FULL version)

Your username for the prediction website will be randomly generated and can't be changed, and the custom photo won't be available. And of course no Pebble watch, no MiBand, no PeekSmith etc. support is available. Most of the routines and extra features are removed actually... I just want people who are interested to be able to try how the secret screens & the audio guide works (while solving a random pattern), and to try how the prediction will be displayed in the fake blog page (using a virtual cube only). The DEMO is not advertised to the public, and is available only through the following "secret" links:

Download and install .APK for Android: https://cubesmith.info/demo-android

TestFlight version for iOS: https://testflight.apple.com/join/EVQdyJSg

If you have questions, feel free to ask... :-)

[img]https://cubesmith.info/demo-android/icon.png[/img]
[quote]...can anyone recommend which is the best to buy in terms of quality, reliability and ease of use of cube and standard app...[/quote]

1) "Giiker Supercube i3S" is a nice BT cube which can be used with the free "Supercube" app.

2) The new "Xiaomi Mijia Smart Magic Cube" is my new favourite though... no charging holes, runs 365 hours (active usage!!!) from a single RC1632 battery, and costs half of the Giiker cube. This is available on Aliexpress and Banggood only (I think). The Xiaomi cube has a separate app that can be downloaded for Android, but I'm not sure the iOS version is available in the AppStore.

Check out this page for more info: https://cubesmith.info/cubes
Will the app work with the "Rubiked" Cube?
Yes itís the Giker cube used in Rubiked Gaz 🙂
Thank you Gaz
[quote]On Feb 12, 2020, BenkeSmith wrote:
[quote]...can anyone recommend which is the best to buy in terms of quality, reliability and ease of use of cube and standard app...[/quote]

1) "Giiker Supercube i3S" is a nice BT cube which can be used with the free "Supercube" app.

2) The new "Xiaomi Mijia Smart Magic Cube" is my new favourite though... no charging holes, runs 365 hours (active usage!!!) from a single RC1632 battery, and costs half of the Giiker cube. This is available on Aliexpress and Banggood only (I think). The Xiaomi cube has a separate app that can be downloaded for Android, but I'm not sure the iOS version is available in the AppStore.

Check out this page for more info: https://cubesmith.info/cubes [/quote]

Just bought 2 Xiaomi Mijia Smart Magic Cubes from eBay arriving next week.

Is bangood a trustworthy website to purchase from? Iím astounded that the cube is 3 times cheaper on there than on other speed cube websites...
We have purchased 70 Xiaomi cubes from this seller, all arrived in good health to Hungary (with customs free "EU Priority Line" shipping). :-)
https://www.banggood.com/Newest-Version-XIAOMI-Original-Bluetooth-Magic-Cube-Smart-Gateway-Linkage-3x3x3-Square-Magnetic-Cube-Puzzle-Science-Education-Toy-Gift-p-1586342.html?cur_warehouse=CN
Cool thanks. It says expected shipping date is after 15th March 2020... so I guess Iíll pass on that for now 😂
It arrived to Hungary in 2 weeks, but the cubes might be out of stock right now...
I'd say it's worth ordering 2 of them NOW, better than being sorry later. ;-)
I'm in the USA and my Xiaomi Mijia Smart Magic Cubes are being delivered this Wednesday. I ordered on eBay.
Issue is, Iím currently in Australia and in a month I move to New Zealand.... Think Iíll wait a bit before committing. The Aussie eBay has none Iíve checked :(
Actually hang on.... https://m.banggood.com/Original-Xiaomi-Magnetic-Cube-3x3x3-Square-Magic-Cube-Puzzle-Science-Education-Toy-Home-Entertainments-p-1587197.html?rmmds=search

Is this the right cube? They have another product page for the same cube, with this one being in stock.
Yepp, same Xiaomi bluetooth cube. :-)
Thanks for your help Benke
64% off at the mo from banggood, just ordered 2, will get the cubesmith app when they arrive!
Does it work with the Gan Bluetooth cubes?
Dunno, these are the recommended cubes, I ordered 2 of the new xiaomi cubes from bangood
https://cubesmith.info/faq
[quote]On Feb 13, 2020, johnstu wrote:
Does it work with the Gan Bluetooth cubes? [/quote]

Not yet, but Benke is working on that. ;-)
Question: How many cubes can be 'linked' to the Cubesmith app? I assume that it's limited to two.
Check this out with Benke on the balcony here at Blackpool , itís sensational get the PeekSmith to go with it if he has any left .
Sensational Gaz 👍👍🙂
Been playing around with the free version, and I have some thoughts (and questions)...

There is no getting around the sheer scale of this app. You can do literally any effect possible (minus instant solves). Very impressed. But Iím not so impressed by the peek methods. Maybe itís just the trial version Iím using, but I donít know if I like the secret message on your screen while you try and solve. Off the top of my head I have ideas that might make the messages more hidden, while being in plain sight for the magician.

Does anyone perform with the stopwatch screen or fake lock screen? How do you find it?

I really donít want to use an ear piece.
Anyone here used one of these truly micro ear pieces? wondering how Good it is, and whether its safe..
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Invisible-Hidden-Wireless-Secret-Spy-Ear-Earphone-Earpiece-Mobile-Phone-/143107991721?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10
On the real app not the the trial peek screens with the stop watch is fantastic.
However the PeekSmith peeking device literally blows everything else out of the water .
Ear pieces work but if you want an invisible one you have to be performing in an almost silent environment unless you have a 3k version from an audiologist .
PeekSmith imo beats that too itís the perfect solution Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Feb 14, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
...However the PeekSmith peeking device literally blows everything else out of the water .
[/quote]

I agree. I'm still waiting to hear from the creator as to when I can purchase one if I am not going to Blackpool.
[quote]On Feb 14, 2020, tomd wrote:
Been playing around with the free version, and I have some thoughts (and questions)...

There is no getting around the sheer scale of this app. You can do literally any effect possible (minus instant solves). Very impressed. But Iím not so impressed by the peek methods. Maybe itís just the trial version Iím using, but I donít know if I like the secret message on your screen while you try and solve. Off the top of my head I have ideas that might make the messages more hidden, while being in plain sight for the magician.

Does anyone perform with the stopwatch screen or fake lock screen? How do you find it?

I really donít want to use an ear piece. [/quote]

You can do instant solves.
Solve a cube to an instant solve state. The. Do your stuff.
(Solve to to customised patterns. )
[quote]On Feb 14, 2020, TRI6KED wrote:
[quote]On Feb 14, 2020, tomd wrote:

I really donít want to use an ear piece. [/quote]

You can do instant solves.
Solve a cube to an instant solve state. The. Do your stuff.
(Solve to to customised patterns. ) [/quote]

Yes sorry, I meant that the app wonít do the instant solves for you ;) I was trying to say ďthis app does literally everything, except move the cube, thatís your job.Ē

So if you have no instant solves in your repertoire, this app wonít give you some ability to solve it instantly... only very quickly while blindfolded one handed 😂
[quote]On Feb 14, 2020, rosariorose9 wrote:
...However the PeekSmith peeking device literally blows everything else out of the water .
[/quote]

I agree. I'm still waiting to hear from the creator as to when I can purchase one if I am not going to Blackpool. [/quote]

Where can we find out more about this PeekSmith?
I think there should be a special price offered in honor of Blackpool!!!! ;)
[quote]On Feb 14, 2020, judagar wrote:
I think there should be a special price offered in honor of Blackpool!!!! ;) [/quote]

Thatís the spirit
[quote]On Feb 14, 2020, videoman wrote:
[quote]On Feb 14, 2020, rosariorose9 wrote:
[/quote]
It's a small device that you can hide and it gives you instructions on how to solve the cube in real time. You'll need to be able to peek it, hence the name.
I agree. I'm still waiting to hear from the creator as to when I can purchase one if I am not going to Blackpool. [/quote]

Where can we find out more about this PeekSmith? [/quote]
The best way by far to perform this is with a hidden earpiece. However as Gaz points out, unless you spend big money on a pro setup volume is going to be an issue. My current preference is hidden earpiece combined with PeekSmith. This way if I canít hear the earpiece well enough I can glance and get a visual cue.

I absolutely adore this app. I have posted a couple of routines to the Facebook group, including one where you can do a cube match with only a single cube. I own venom cube and perfect square and did own Rubicon and this beats them all hands down. A whole ton of routines but when it comes to the match the performer does the matching not just random but impossible chance. The cubes never leave the audiences sight, however the performer does not have to see the cube to either match or solve and the cloned cubes can be passed around the audience in their cloned state.

Mark
I agree Mark I absolutely love this app and to me the PeekSmith addition is the icing on the cake of an absolute monster .
I personally am selling every other great cube gimmick I own .
This is purely because this cannot be topped imho itís as pure as pure can be .
A self solving mechanical cube wonít beat this as I would prefer a cube which appears totally and utterly ungimmicked because in essence that is what it is
Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Feb 15, 2020, judagar wrote:
I think there should be a special price offered in honor of Blackpool!!!! ;) [/quote]

There is a special price for those who buy the app in Blackpool. :-)
[quote] But Iím not so impressed by the peek methods. Maybe itís just the trial version Iím using, but I donít know if I like the secret message on your screen while you try and solve. Off the top of my head I have ideas that might make the messages more hidden, while being in plain sight for the magician.[/quote]

Please read this page: https://cubesmith.info/screens-and-secret-instructions

On the fake lockscreen / fake stopwatch you can set the color, size, opacity, vertical and horizontal placement of the secret text. Combined with a custom background you can hide the secret text quite well. :-)
I here you sold out of all your stock at Blackpool.
Well done Benke Smith. :-)

My new Xiaomi cube's battery is down to 80% after an hour of testing the free app version. At this rate, I'll be buying a battery every 5 -7 days. I don't think I'll hit that 365 hour on one battery.
Mine came with 80% in November, and is still at 80%. I guess yours will stay at 80% for a long time as well... just keep using it and you'll see. :-)
Okay thanks. Will be ordering full version this coming week.
Mine came with 90% and I got it at Blackpool . Itís still at 90% and I have been running over the routine daily ever since Gaz 🙂
Battery life on my Xiaomi is great, BUT Cubesmith more often than not will not see the cube. Very inconsistent. My Giiker, on the other hand, always 'pairs' flawlessly. Frustrating, since I would rather use the Xiaomi due to its battery.
What do you mean it doesn't see the cube? Make sure the cube is turned on (with one turn, beeps once). If the cube beeps at every turn, it means you've put it in service mode. In this case turn the same side 4 times in the same direction, so the cube will make a series of short beeps and will be discoverable again. I had no problems connecting it from CubeSmith so far. :-)
Message: Posted by: Christian de Punto (Feb 23, 2020 04:31PM)
What a pity I missed you at blackpool gaz... ;-) very curious who is the one behind the comments here on Cafť ;-)
good to know you are part of our cube-smith community.

[quote]On Feb 23, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Mine came with 90% and I got it at Blackpool . Itís still at 90% and I have been running over the routine daily ever since Gaz 🙂 [/quote]
Gaz is a really nice and humble guy in person... it was a pleasure meeting him, gave him a big hug. :-) :-) :-)
[quote]On Feb 23, 2020, BenkeSmith wrote:
What do you mean it doesn't see the cube? Make sure the cube is turned on (with one turn, beeps once). If the cube beeps at every turn, it means you've put it in service mode. In this case turn the same side 4 times in the same direction, so the cube will make a series of short beeps and will be discoverable again. I had no problems connecting it from CubeSmith so far. :-) [/quote]

Thanks, Benke. When I say that it doesn't see the cube, I mean that the cube is not shown in the 'Select cube' list - and doesn't show even if I 'Refresh' the list. Also, when it IS shown in that list, selecting it will not result in the cube 'pairing.' By the way, my Xiaomi never beeps - with one turn or with four.
And ***, I wish I had been able to go to Blackpool...if only to shake the hand of the genius who created this remarkable app.
My Xiaomi didn't show on the select cube list either but when I turned it at the top it beeped and then was shown in the app.
Yepp, the cube goes to sleep after 15 minutes of inactivity. You have to wake it up with one turn... then it should be listed in the app. If the cube is connected to another app or phone, it won't be discoverable.
Magikgym, does your cube 'beep' as Benke said? Also, which side (color) did you turn to make your cube show in the list? Thanks>
Yes my cube beeped once and then I saw it listed in the app. I just turned the top once clockwise and then it beeped. I'm not sure which or if a color side matters but I had the white side facing up with the "mi" on the middle white square.
Thanks for the response, Magikgym. This is the cube I purchased:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Xiaomi-Mijia-Smart-Magic-Cube-APP-Control-Bluetooth-5-0-Professional-Racing-Z7N6/124078427365?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
My cube does not beep. Guess it's a bum one... :(
I bought my 2 Xiaomi cube's from eBay too. Same cube just different eBay seller.
Thanks again, Magikgym. I may just buy another one to see if it will 'perform' more reliably. Curious that the one I have doesn't beep. If I may ask, is the beep you hear fairly loud?
It's a short beep and not loud at all. You can turn any side in any direction, it should wake the cube up. Are you on iOS or Android?
Thanks, Benke. I'm running Android.
[quote]On Feb 23, 2020, Christian de Punto wrote:
What a pity I missed you at blackpool gaz... ;-) very curious who is the one behind the comments here on Cafť ;-)
good to know you are part of our cube-smith community.

[quote]On Feb 23, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Mine came with 90% and I got it at Blackpool . Itís still at 90% and I have been running over the routine daily ever since Gaz 🙂 [/quote] [/quote]

Christian I was a dealer so if you missed me there you werenít looking lol .
That was my 24th consecutive year so if you donít know me by now thatís not my problem .
It would have been lovely to meet you and I am one of the most transparent guys on here and would never hide behind anything thatís a certainty .
It was fantastic to meet Benke at Blackpool and I am so pleased he got the recognition he deserved .
A lovely man and a genius too , good magic to all Gaz 🙂
I understand 2 cubes can be cloned but can 2 mixed cubes be solved one right after the other blindfolded?
[quote]On Feb 24, 2020, Magikgym wrote:
I understand 2 cubes can be cloned but can 2 mixed cubes be solved one right after the other blindfolded? [/quote]
Yes thatís very easy.
You can keep on the same effect or change effects at any time during a performance without having to touch your phone.
Yes thatís correct this thing is insane .
A thing of beauty Gaz 🙂
Awesome I was just wondering because I saw this on YouTube (22M views).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EqgeMfJ_rE

I'm getting Cubesmith tomorrow.
[quote]On Feb 25, 2020, Magikgym wrote:
Awesome I was just wondering because I saw this on YouTube (22M views).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EqgeMfJ_rE

I'm getting Cubesmith tomorrow. [/quote]

That guy is a speed cuber and itís all down to memorisation and algorithms.
But with CubeSmith, you could do all this for sure. ;-)
You could do two with CubeSmith but not 3 currently although if there was a demand Iím sure Benke would add a third cube.

Mark
I have plans to support up to 5 connected cubes later... ;-)
[quote]On Feb 25, 2020, BenkeSmith wrote:
I have plans to support up to 5 connected cubes later... ;-) [/quote]

Unbelievable!! :dancing:
About the cube that doesn't beep: another user had this problem as well, and it turned out the battery in the cube moved a bit out of it's place and had a contact issue. He just pushed it back and it worked again. :-) So if this is the case, you can maybe put a folded piece of tape on top of the battery, so it will remain in place.
Thanks, Benke. That might also be the reason that my cube does not always connect to the app. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to access the battery. Is it on the side of the cube with the white square? If so, I assume that it is necessary to remove more than the center piece, as you earlier advised me that the area underneath the center piece did not contain the battery.
[quote]On Feb 25, 2020, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
You could do two with CubeSmith but not 3 currently although if there was a demand Iím sure Benke would add a third cube.

Mark [/quote]

Could you perform at the same speed?
I would say yes if you are used to the cube. Personally I still have to think which way is forward and backwards on some of the sides so it takes me about 30 to 40 seconds to solve a cube with cubesmith but itís me being slow not the app.

Mark
I would say as Marks says yes to the above too .
One thing I have found ( I could always do a cube anyway ) is that you end up naturally cueing 3 moves at once easily in your mind .
Hence you are never actually needing to look down at the screen ( or wherever you place it ) that much to raise suspicion .
I have mine now ( PeekSmith in a card box in my trousers front pocket ) and can do this anytime , any place , anyway ( a martini moment for us middle aged brits ) .
I have mine in a holder I made that keeps my pocket bulging ( which looks very normal for me allegedly ) and makes the viewing perfect .
I even have a 3m filter on mine ( and the PeekSmith ) but thatís just my OCD Kicking in 😂 Gaz 🙂
Gaz Iím a little too round to use the trouser pocket :lol: However I have managed to get the thing I told you about with the picture working perfectly.

Mark
Fantastic Mark , that was a brilliant idea my friend 👍Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Feb 25, 2020, rosariorose9 wrote:
Thanks, Benke. That might also be the reason that my cube does not always connect to the app. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to access the battery. Is it on the side of the cube with the white square? If so, I assume that it is necessary to remove more than the center piece, as you earlier advised me that the area underneath the center piece did not contain the battery. [/quote]

I believe you turn the top white section so that a corner is facing you. You're then able to get your thumb under the corner square and finger on top. Pull it off and then proceed to pull off 4 more squares. You should see a tiny screw in the middle. Unscrew it and the battery will be exposed. If anyone can confirm this then please do.
Thanks very much Magikgym. I'm trying what you suggested, but the corner square won't budge. I don't want to break the cube. Perhaps others can chime in?
Yes that info is correct the corner will wiggle out with a bit of care and you wonít break the cube . Once you have done it once you will realise they are sturdier than we think .
Best wishes and good luck my friend Gaz 🙂
Thanks, Gaz. Will give it a try...
Not sure if this has been covered here, but a place to get stickers and the cubes is https://speedcubeshop.com/ There is a discount code you can use JPerm. Here is a review of some of the cubes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPo6H8Mvk8w&t=0s
Hi, I am one of the first users and the one who coined the name Cube Smith.
I would just like to say that this app really changed my performances. The "solve the cube" alone is a gamechanger and is worth the price of the whole app altogether. The creator and developer is really helpful, not to mention the community of users that helps everyone.

This is far superior than any other cube market app in the market.

I created a trailer way way back in the development stage before it had all these features and quotes from real users
https://youtu.be/14Tor5VOQz0
I absolutely love this , itís truly one of the best purchases I have ever made in magic in 40 years Gaz 🙂
I absolutely love this and now that I have figured out the presentation I will use this is going into my act. Or rather one of the available effects is going in. There are a ton of fantastic effects possible with this.

Mark
Does anyone know where to find just the original Rubix Cube stickers? The colors that come on the traditional cube.

I saw the link above but can't figure out what the right shades are.

A US supplier would be great.

Thanks.
I bought this and am learning it now. Pretty darn amazing. What is the peek smith feature? I didnít see any reference to it in the instructions unless I missed it.
[quote]On Mar 8, 2020, emyers99 wrote:
I bought this and am learning it now. Pretty darn amazing. What is the peek smith feature? I didnít see any reference to it in the instructions unless I missed it. [/quote]

Thanks for buying it, and welcome to the CubeSmith family! :-) Please join the Facebook group to get more info and help.

PeekSmith info webpage: https://peeksmith.info
[quote]On Mar 8, 2020, MatthewSims wrote:
Does anyone know where to find just the original Rubix Cube stickers? The colors that come on the traditional cube.

I saw the link above but can't figure out what the right shades are.

A US supplier would be great.

Thanks. [/quote]

https://speedcubeshop.com/ is based in the US. They will talk to you to find out the colors you need but the rubik's brand has been tiles for a while.
Exceptional product !
[quote]On Apr 24, 2020, Looch wrote:
Exceptional product ! [/quote]
Hi Looch, are you a member of our Facebook group?
Yes, he is :-)
As you may have noticed already, the info website is now password-protected (from lay people). :-)
Of course you are still welcome to read all the info, so here are the login data:

URL: https://cubesmith.info
Username: magicuber
Password: cs-family

Have a nice day! :-)
Benke
I'm very excited to announce that CubeSmith and MamiCube can now work together!!! :-)
Basically you can use MamiCube to generate unlimited custom prediction photos for yourself, and use those photos in CubeSmith as the prediction photo.
Don't forget about the discount: CubeSmith users can get the FULL version of MamiCube for $60 (retail price is $110). Just send a PM to Mickael Laurent to get the discount. :-)

Now go and check out my live Q&A from 1:32:30 where I demonstrate the "MamiCubeSmith" feature: https://youtu.be/Ptlia-Yk0w8?t=5550

By the way you can watch the whole session to get more knowledge on CubeSmith settings, routines etc. :-)