(Close Window)
Topic: Oral Fix-Sational by Ed Alonzo
Wanna use your mouth to solve a rubik's cube?

https://youtu.be/2yeATmr_pEU

Ad copy:

From the fertile mind of Ed Alonzo..."The Misfit of Magic", comes this closely guarded signature piece which combines baffling visual magic with over-the-top comedy. A feature effect from Ed's personal repertoire as seen on the Masters of Illusion network television show. Now it can be yours !

The performer freely displays a miniature Rubik's Cube puzzle, approximately 1 1/2 inches square. All of the colored sections of the cube are mixed up, as is normally the case before attempting to twist and turn the cube so that each side of the cube is one solid color.

Try as he might, the performer is simply unable to solve the puzzle. After a bit of frustration, a gleam of hope sparkles in his eyes as the cube is openly placed into the performer's mouth! As the magician grimaces and apparently manipulates the cube with his tongue, he holds a small mirror to his lips, seemingly to help him see the progress as the jumbled cube spins inside his mouth.

EUREKA! After a few agonizing seconds, a smile beams across the performer's face as he parts his lips to reveal that the puzzle has been solved....each side is now one solid color!

Words cannot adequately describe how powerfully funny and magically astounding this effect is.....just take a look at the video! We guarantee you've never seen anything like this......it's fast, it's easy, it's fun to do, it resets in seconds and it can be performed surrounded. No shells are used.

Brand new and complete with the special Rubik's cube, mirror and full, detailed downloadable instructions.
Youíre only 15 years too late.

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=119711
Hmm. I am liking this! Looks like so much fun and comedy potential!
[quote]On Feb 12, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Youíre only 15 years too late.

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=119711 [/quote]

Not sure where you buy it now though. Why donít people provide links anymore?
Message: Posted by: strollingmagician (Feb 12, 2020 02:15PM)
I thought Justin Willman owned the rights to this when I tried to purchase last year?
Hocus Pocus has it listed on their site. Cost is $75.00.
Oh, I didn't know it was released 15 years ago. Thanks, pegasus.

It's a Hocus Pocus exclusive, and there isn't a direct link that I can copy.
Message: Posted by: strollingmagician (Feb 12, 2020 02:18PM)
Nice! I guess his rights to it ended due to the rubix cube trick craze.
It looks like a fun effect, but need to be very careful when performing it.
75 Bucks? Ridiculous.
[quote]On Feb 12, 2020, Magic KL wrote:
Oh, I didn't know it was released 15 years ago. Thanks, pegasus.

It's a Hocus Pocus exclusive, and there isn't a direct link that I can copy. [/quote]
[url=https://hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/index.cfm?p=61319] here it is [/url]
Finally, a self lubricated rubik's cube.. ;) ...
Including the vanity mirror. Really? No wonder itís 70 Bucks. How about leave out the mirror and use your phone in selfie mode instead? This effect is designed to be portable ffs.
[quote]On Feb 13, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Including the vanity mirror. Really? No wonder itís 70 Bucks. How about leave out the mirror and use your phone in selfie mode instead? This effect is designed to be portable ffs. [/quote]

Why do you have a problem spending money on a professional routine and effect that will go in your show and make you money? I know you're cheap, every post you comment on is how things are too expensive but you have to invest in yourself if you're going to be a real performer with real material. Maybe that's not what you want?

And if you're going to play the "it's just a cube and a mirror" card, maybe consider that fact that this originally came years ago before rubix magic was a thing and the fact that the creator spent years working and making the routine what it is now in order for you to complain about it..
[quote]On Feb 13, 2020, KyleMarlett wrote:
[quote]On Feb 13, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Including the vanity mirror. Really? No wonder itís 70 Bucks. How about leave out the mirror and use your phone in selfie mode instead? This effect is designed to be portable ffs. [/quote]

Why do you have a problem spending money on a professional routine and effect that will go in your show and make you money? I know you're cheap, every post you comment on is how things are too expensive but you have to invest in yourself if you're going to be a real performer with real material. Maybe that's not what you want?

And if you're going to play the "it's just a cube and a mirror" card, maybe consider that fact that this originally came years ago before rubix magic was a thing and the fact that the creator spent years working and making the routine what it is now in order for you to complain about it.. [/quote]

Reality check. Not everyone on the Cafť is a full time pro magician. Iíve just spent 270 Bucks on a metal phone, thatís not cheap. But thanks for your input.
75.00 I think I have this new in the package from 15 years ago ! I never used it I have to go look for it....
I don't know why but that was funny "I just spent 270.00 bucks on a Metal Phone" & you can't even make phone calls with it . The good news is you'll never get a phone bill !
Kyle Iíve bought a lot of things you recommended and all the items youíve put out but your comment calling someone cheap is really not appropriate. I spend thousands every year on magic and used to run a shop and I think that price point is a little high. We use to carry it minus the mirror for 35 to 40. It didnít sell well and was discontinued the remaining stock we had a hard time selling for 25. Iím not saying it isnít a decent effect but calling someone cheap should be beneath a working pro like yourself.
[quote]On Feb 14, 2020, tophatter wrote:
I don't know why but that was funny "I just spent 270.00 bucks on a Metal Phone" & you can't even make phone calls with it . The good news is you'll never get a phone bill ! [/quote]

:D :lol:
[quote]On Feb 14, 2020, Marvelous wrote:
Kyle Iíve bought a lot of things you recommended and all the items youíve put out but your comment calling someone cheap is really not appropriate. I spend thousands every year on magic and used to run a shop and I think that price point is a little high. We use to carry it minus the mirror for 35 to 40. It didnít sell well and was discontinued the remaining stock we had a hard time selling for 25. Iím not saying it isnít a decent effect but calling someone cheap should be beneath a working pro like yourself. [/quote]

My point is that he is devauling the work that went into the routine just because he thinks it's too exspenive. I see so many magicians want everything for baiscally free. But if someone have put years of work and delvepment into something why shouldnt it be priced accordingly? And, if you don't consider yourself a "professional" and don't want to spend the money, then don't comment on it.
[quote]On Feb 14, 2020, KyleMarlett wrote:
[quote]On Feb 14, 2020, Marvelous wrote:
Kyle Iíve bought a lot of things you recommended and all the items youíve put out but your comment calling someone cheap is really not appropriate. I spend thousands every year on magic and used to run a shop and I think that price point is a little high. We use to carry it minus the mirror for 35 to 40. It didnít sell well and was discontinued the remaining stock we had a hard time selling for 25. Iím not saying it isnít a decent effect but calling someone cheap should be beneath a working pro like yourself. [/quote]

My point is that he is devauling the work that went into the routine just because he thinks it's too exspenive. I see so many magicians want everything for baiscally free. But if someone have put years of work and delvepment into something why shouldnt it be priced accordingly? And, if you don't consider yourself a "professional" and don't want to spend the money, then don't comment on it. [/quote]

Wow. My 8 year old son has better grammatical skills. Lmao.
At least no one will want to inspect the cube afterwards.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Feb 14, 2020 01:39PM)
[quote]On Feb 14, 2020, KyleMarlett wrote:
My point is that he is devauling the work that went into the routine just because he thinks it's too exspenive. I see so many magicians want everything for baiscally free. But if someone have put years of work and delvepment into something why shouldnt it be priced accordingly? And, if you don't consider yourself a "professional" and don't want to spend the money, then don't comment on it. [/quote]

FYI The vast majority of the people on this forum are not working pro's. Being a working pro you should know that, Kyle. And since it's a forum everyone is free to comment. Actually that's what a forum is for. As a Cafť member you should know that, Kyle. Saying that an item is worth a certain price because of how much time went into developing it is... complete BS, Kyle.
[quote]On Feb 14, 2020, magicinsight wrote:
At least no one will want to inspect the cube afterwards. [/quote]

Good point.
[quote]On Feb 15, 2020, magicinsight wrote:
At least no one will want to inspect the cube afterwards. [/quote]

The best insight thus far ;)

Alex Hui
Hong Kong
I'm not clear, does the cube go between/held between the teeth or does the entire cube go inside the mouth? If the latter, I will surely pass on this.
[quote]On Feb 17, 2020, dooblehorn wrote:
I'm not clear, does the cube go between/held between the teeth or does the entire cube go inside the mouth? If the latter, I will surely pass on this. [/quote]

As per the demo itís completely in the mouth. Itís a great routine but I wouldnít pay 70 bucks. NFW.
I think now with social distancing, nobody is going to ask to inspect your cube

Here is my review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCjHEnS7Y3s
The asking price is outrageous.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Mar 31, 2020 11:37AM)
Which also creates a distance.
Seventy five dollars is too expensive? That's less than eight hours working at minimum wage.
Agree this is too much. I own it, and I stand by my opinion, which mattera little to anyone, I'm sure. I believe it will be someone's 'Deal Of The Day" in the future.
I watched an old episode of Magic for Humans last night, and Justin Willman performed this effect. An interesting way to bring up this effect at a face yoga class.
Kyle Marlett thinks itís a bargain. :rotf: