(Close Window)
Topic: Orion book by Phedon Bilek
Hello everyone,
Phedon I know you are here...

Does anybody know when will this release?
I would be happy If I could read it while Im on quarantine...
Hello my friend,

I知 becoming rarer around here these days since I知 caught in a ****storm in the middle of Africa. Situation right now is quite dramatic and I have to admit that although Orion is almost done, there is still a lot to be done before its release... I acknowledge it would have been amazing to have it ready for the quarantine, but I failed to predict this..... 😉

PM me though, I値l send you something to read since you have time on your hands....

Best, always

Phedon
Still waiting for this too :banana:
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Apr 18, 2020 06:32AM)
[quote]On Apr 18, 2020, phedonbilek wrote:
Hello my friend,

I知 becoming rarer around here these days since I知 caught in a ****storm in the middle of Africa. Situation right now is quite dramatic and I have to admit that although Orion is almost done, there is still a lot to be done before its release... I acknowledge it would have been amazing to have it ready for the quarantine, but I failed to predict this..... 😉

PM me though, I値l send you something to read since you have time on your hands....

Best, always

Phedon [/quote]

Whoa... are you stuck in Cameroon now? Wishing you strength and good luck, Phedon. And all the people there. For as hard as times are here, they are still a lot harder there.
[quote]On Apr 18, 2020, phedonbilek wrote:
Hello my friend,

Best, always

Phedon [/quote]

Whoooaa, in a storm!? Wish you strengh my friend, and I hope you and your family are all well!

Best wishes from Chile to Africa!
Cristbal
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Apr 18, 2020 12:33PM)
Cristbal, a ****storm is a metaphorical expression for a huge mess, it's not an actual storm.
I am most certainly waiting for this too but I know how crazy things are for Phedon and I know this will be worth the wait.

Mark
[quote]On Apr 18, 2020, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Cristbal, a ****storm is a metaphorical expression for a huge mess, it's not an actual storm. [/quote]

Ahhh, now I understand, Im not from an English speaking country so I don't know the idiomatic expressions
[quote]On Apr 18, 2020, The Unmasked Magician wrote:

Whoa... are you stuck in Cameroon now? Wishing you strength and good luck, Phedon. And all the people there. For as hard as times are here, they are still a lot harder there. [/quote]

I am... and we're living very strange times around here. There's no comparison whatsoever with what's happening in Europe and the US... It's a mess on every level, we're living in uncertainty, we don't know what's around the corner but... we are not observing the number of deaths happening elsewhere, so far at least. And that's good news... Now, I'd love to have an idea about when I can see my wife and kids again....

[quote]On Apr 18, 2020, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
I am most certainly waiting for this too but I know how crazy things are for Phedon and I know this will be worth the wait.

Mark [/quote]

Mark, your friendship, trust and unfailing support are giving me the strength to hold on and to make Orion even better. I do want to believe it will not disappoint. And until I have the pleasure and honor to send you your advance copy stay safe, keep your mind busy and give my love to your amazing Julie.

Cristobal, you'll receive something in your email today, as promised. Stay safe amigo, although we young people have nothing to fear with this virus. You're 15 I believe, and I'm not that far apart. Let guys like Mark and the others worry about this... :-p

Be well, everybody. Be patient and strong.

Phedon
I will Phedon! Its true we, the youngsters, have nothing to fear ;)

And thanks a lot for the gift! I will surely enjoy it!

I hope everyone is well,
Cristbal
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Apr 19, 2020 01:20PM)
I really hope you will see your wife and kids again soon, Phedon. My thoughts are with you.
Is there any news?
You can spot Phedons books in my library based on condition alone... anything of his is dog eared, high lighted, bookmarked, and has notes in the margins. I usually have them at my bedside for easy reference and re reading. He's not only a gift to the community but to anyone that has the pleasure to interact with him. I know gushing compliments isn't the topic of this thread but he deserves it. Can't wait to see anything he puts out because I know it's going to be rock solid.
[quote]On Aug 18, 2020, KASASAGI wrote:
Is there any news? [/quote]

A little bird told me it was recently sent off to be proofed!
Uffffffff

Anxiously waiting for this book...
Bill Cushman, that little bird was correct.

I received the 'Orion' file a couple of days ago. Proofreading is well underway.
I was actually the first to read Orion (other than Phedon hehe) I even beat the proofreader! Eat that, Ian! ;)

You guys are in for a treat. Seriously. I don稚 know if the mentalism world is prepared for this.

Madison
I just checked [url=https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?forum=218&topic=695873&start=20#11]Phedon's bookmarked post[/url] since when I'm revisiting the Caf for a sign Orion could have been release. It feels like waiting for 2 years already, but I think that happens, when you check twice a month for one year...
Ah, so I'm not the only one looking out for this!
When is the Orion release date?
I am honored to be reading the proof copy and it is awesome. As I told Phedon, at 675 pages I was initially daunted by the prospect of so much to read. Half way through I was regretting it ending too soon.
Message: Posted by: luiscubanmentalist (Sep 30, 2020 06:03PM)
Everything Phedon has released so far has been as close to real mind reading as you can get. I am looking forward to this.
[quote]On Sep 30, 2020, Bill Cushman wrote:
I am honored to be reading the proof copy and it is awesome. As I told Phedon, at 675 pages I was initially daunted by the prospect of so much to read. Half way through I was regretting it ending too soon. [/quote]

Oh my Goodness, this is the most exciting thing I've ever heard in my 39 short years of living... can't wait for this sure to be modern classic, judging by sibyl alone. So so excited!
[quote]On Sep 1, 2020, SteveTheAmazing wrote:
Ah, so I'm not the only one looking out for this! [/quote]
Nah, been waiting for 8 months now..
Hi all,

I read the above messages and must admit they humbled me. From Bill Cushman to dismany, I am honoured. I've put my heart into this, and if you liked Sibyl (and Proteus!), I can safely say that you will love Orion. Just imagine them both, but times 10, and with a dose of steroids.

Thank you for your love and constant support, always. You are giving me the strength and motivation to keep going.

Phedon
You deserve every good word shared and more :)
Another month is coming to an end.
What are the chances that we could get this as a gift under the Christmas tree this year? :)
[quote]On Oct 27, 2020, JesterAndrus wrote:
Another month is coming to an end.
What are the chances that we could get this as a gift under the Christmas tree this year? :) [/quote]

My great-grandma passed in 2000, when I was 26. I remember, from when I was a little kid she used to tell me, when I was rushing to do something: "Beware my little boy. Whoever rushes, trips!". Our Greek grandmas are full of such words of wisdom. So, imagine a great-grandma..

I never forgot this. I would love your tree to have Orion under it, but that would be rushing it. And if there is one thing I will not allow myself to do with Orion, it is tripping. Orion will not be ready for Xmas, alas. But it will be soon after, I promise. And I want to believe that you will not be disappointed.

Thank you for your trust. Your impatience is a compliment.

Much love,

Phedon
I apologize for my impatience and you and your great-grandma are of course right.
For me, it was like sitting in the living room and smelling the cake coming out of the kitchen when the first proofreaders announced two months ago that they would start work.
Since I haven't published a book myself yet, I have no idea how long it will take from there to prepare a worldwide launch.

Thank you very much for your quick response, which will reassure me for at least a few months. :)
Hey guys,

So I thought I would chime in as well.

I am still going through this, its massive. 676 pages.

I am barely on page 160.

What I have read so far is brilliant.

This will be a classic and a must have for anyone remotely interested in seeming to perform real mentalism.

I would have loved to be at MINDS when Phedon unleashed this and seen all the mentalists faces when Phedon blew them away with Phasma.

Phedon has honed and perfected the routines within Orion, so he knows what works and what doesn't.

This will be Phedon's greatest release, and Proteus and Sybil were both great, this will top both I predict.

I am already coming up with ways to incorporate some of Phedons thinking in my work, and I havent even read half the book yet, I still have a lot more to read.

Every night I try to read a few pages.

I am excited for the release in a few months and you all will not be disappointed I promise.

I will continue to post my thoughts later, for now, know that mentalism as seen through Phedon's eyes is absolutely clean, clear, crisp, and concise, and feels like the real deal.

By the way, for those of you in Spanish speaking countries, there is a routine in the book, that I am working my way through and I have found a way to use it in Spanish, and have developed a system for it, I will talk to Phedon about this, and let you all know soon.

More later.....

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
Is this product still to be released?
Yup
Any updates on a release time table, Phedon?
[quote]On Jan 23, 2021, clairvoyant wrote:
Any updates on a release time table, Phedon? [/quote]

Clairvoyant,

Thank you for your interest. Right now, my baby is in Phill Smith's hands. He is making it look sexy as hell, that's all I can tell you. After this, it will be sent to Steve Haresign, who will not fail making it something you'll be proud to have on your bookshelf. I just hope the contents match the looks, but, according to those who have read it so far, it does. But, ultimately, you'll be the judge, if you decide to trust me, around... April '21.

... I hope 🤞

Have a great evening, and be well. That's all I can wish you in these crazy, troubled times...

Much love, always

Phedon
I have also read a proof copy of Orion,

I can tell you if you like Phedon's work you will not be sorry, it's definitely worth the wait believe me.

Cheers.
Don't know about you guys but I'm so excited for this. This is going to be awesome!
Stoked for this! Easily my most anticipated release of 2021!
Extremely looking forward to this!
Ditto, ditto, ditto, etc.
[quote]On Mar 10, 2021, peculiarone wrote:
Ditto, ditto, ditto, etc. [/quote]

Ditto :)
I think I can safely declare that I might be the one here expecting it most. I can稚 wait to be able to actually hold the physical result of Phill Smith痴 and Steve Haresign痴 work. On paper, it looks gorgeous. And I suspect it値l look way better in reality.

All in all, I can safely say that whoever likes my line of thinking simply cannot be disappointed by Orion.

Thank you all for your support and patience. It means everything to me.

Much love,

Phedon
Hello Phedon,

I am eagerly anticipating the release of Orion. I have and love Proteus and Sibyl.

What will you be charging for this book?

Thanks
Tony
Whatever price Phedon decides to release this much anticipated collection at, one thing for certain , is that it will be much much less than its true worth!!
Can稚 wait for it!!
I am excited to report that the impending release date is getting closer and I have opened up an email registration facility for anyone who is interested in being kept up to date on this wonderful set of books. As there are only 400 copies of the limited edition gold slip case set being produced I am giving everyone an advanced heads up.

https://www.mindfx.co.uk/collections/new-arrivals-1/products/orion-by-phedon-bilek-limited-edition-set-with-slip-case

Best Wishes Michael
Hi Michael,
I just clicked on the link and it says that the book is already sold out. Is that all copies of the book sold out or it the copies that were available at Mindfx. Thank you
GaMBIT_101, don't worry, it hasn't sold out. I had to set the inventory on the product to zero so that I could open the facility for people to enter their emails to be notified when it finally does become available. If you wish to submit your email on vai this page you will be amoung the first to know when it lands ;)

Best Wishes Michael
Michael, was a price posted? I didn't realize this was a limited release, so I may have to buy this sooner than I had planned. Looking forward to it. Never been disapointed by Phedon!
Aside from the gold slip case and limited number, are there any other unique aspects to the limited edition?
[quote]On Mar 20, 2021, bekralik wrote:
Aside from the gold slip case and limited number, are there any other unique aspects to the limited edition? [/quote]

I have it on good word that Phedon hugs and kisses every book before placing one strand of his hair in each edition.
Don稚 quote me on this.
[quote]On Mar 20, 2021, 252life wrote:

I have it on good word that Phedon hugs and kisses every book before placing one strand of his hair in each edition.
Don稚 quote me on this. [/quote]

WTF. Who the hell spilled the beans?

Now, the reason I'm rapidly losing my hair will become obvious...

[quote]On Mar 19, 2021, bekralik wrote:
Aside from the gold slip case and limited number, are there any other unique aspects to the limited edition? [/quote]

So there are no misunderstandings, let me clarify something. I was never a fan of 'Limited' editions', when this means that only that number of copies will ever be made, and if you're not among the ones who got it, just spend your time looking for a used copy, or just F@#$ yourself because the 'material is too good' for you. Therefore, the 'Limited' edition here means that

- you'll get the Gold set, which comes in a slipcase. This edition is ONLY sold as a set. Hence the slipcase
- you'll pay less for the two books with the slipcase (Gold), as a set.

After these Gold sets (exclusive to MindFx) are sold, the Silver edition will be proposed by other dealers as well, like Vanishing. The Silver books have the same exact contents, but they'll be sold SEPARATELY, without the slipcase, so one can decide to start with book #1: The Hunter, and postpone the acquisition of book #2: The Pleiades. The combined price of the two separate Silver books will be, I repeat, higher than the one of the introductory Gold set with the slipcase.

The final price is still under discussion, as although I will never overprice my work (I want to believe that I have proven that point), Orion won't be that cheap, as only the quality of the production I chose has significant costs: Steve Haresign printing (I chose the best paper according to me, the material of the cover, the ribbon inside, etc.), Phill Smith lay out (you'll love it), etc. But I promise: the price will be way below what would have been normally charged for the quality and the amount of material, routines, and especially, TOOLS, that one will discover in Orion.

I hope my little post helped to clarify certain points. If I can help further, please do not hesitate.

[quote]On Mar 19, 2021, RedDevil wrote:
Michael, was a price posted? I didn't realize this was a limited release, so I may have to buy this sooner than I had planned. Looking forward to it. Never been disapointed by Phedon! [/quote]

I am humbled. Thank you Robert, that means a lot. And I promise, you won't be disappointed this time either.

Lots of love to all,

Phedon
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Mar 20, 2021 05:06AM)
[quote]On Mar 20, 2021, 252life wrote:
[quote]On Mar 20, 2021, bekralik wrote:

Don稚 quote me on this. [/quote]

In that case I will order ten.
You aren't ready for this.Mark my words.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Mar 20, 2021 12:01PM)
On the contrary. I'm always ready for hugs, kisses and hair.
[quote]On Mar 20, 2021, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
On the contrary. I'm always ready for hugs, kisses and hair. [/quote]

Thank God! I知 working on your Xmas present already
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Mar 20, 2021 01:43PM)
Oh stop making me want to skip spring and summer...
You guys are truly beyond hope...

🤤🤤🤤
[quote]On Mar 20, 2021, phedonbilek wrote:
You guys are truly beyond hope...

🤤🤤🤤 [/quote]

:)
It痴 time to start getting excited.
Orion will be here soon!

This is the first review of Orion by Millard Longman on 3/28/21

ャャOrion by Phedon Bilek

https://www.mindfx.co.uk/collections/new-arrivals-1/products/orion-by-phedon-bilek-limited-edition-set-with-slip-case

Imagine being able to perform in any situation and with no props at all, not even slips of paper, just your mind and your audience痴 mind.

In this book, Phedon will teach you how to perform in this way!

You will give your audience the ability to think of literally anything and then reveal their thoughts in a very entertaining way.

Your audience will have no choice but to believe that you are reading their minds because in a very real sense you are reading their minds!

Now imagine that you are doing this without using any guess work, no preshow, no cold reading, no contact mind reading, no hypnosis, no suggestion; just a perfectly thought out process that you can easily learn and present.

My mind is completely blown away by Phedon痴 methods!

Orion is a big book (it is broken into two volumes) and has a lifetime of learning inside its covers. It will provide many hours of fascinating reading and even more hours of happily performing the miracles inside.

The fundamental concepts are the work of genius and easy to grasp within moments of reading them.

Phedon then details many routines with complete scripts so that you can learn how to properly perform these miracles.

This is groundbreaking work for all mentalists!

After you begin performing in this way, you will stand out from the crowd of mentalists that are all doing the same tricks because you will appear to be doing what you claim to be doing!

Phedon even teaches us how to be not quite 100% accurate to look more real even though his methods are 100% accurate!

Phedon痴 methods may seem too good to be true, but they are true, and I thank him for sharing this work with us all!

Millard Longman
3/28/2021
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Apr 2, 2021 02:18AM)
What a great review! I have to admit I am intrigued by "...his methods are 100% accurate..." . Does that mean 100% surefire or does it mean smth else?m, as 100% surefire in propless is quite rare.
I just sat down and re read everything I have from Phedon in anticipation of Orion. This man sweats gold and I知 an open fanboy with no shame :)
[quote]On Apr 2, 2021, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
What a great review! I have to admit I am intrigued by "...his methods are 100% accurate..." . Does that mean 100% surefire or does it mean smth else?m, as 100% surefire in propless is quite rare. [/quote]

Thank you for your words. And yes, Millard痴 words humbled me. Now, you池e raising a valid question, and I値l do my best to answer it honestly. In Orion, there is A LOT of information. You値l find many new, unreleased tools, many of which, suitable for a 100% prop-less use. Now, beware, not everything in Orion is prop-less! Some routines require a peek, a couple of others are billet routines... But for the strictly prop-less effects, some are absolutely 100%, indeed. Unless one makes a mistake of course. In that case, nothing is 100%. Others are not, although very close.

I壇 like people to understand that personally, I知 beyond the question 壮ure fire or not. As long as we latch on such a notion, we池e limiting ourselves. Orion goes beyond this. If anyone is after tricks that work all the time, I wouldn稚 advise Orion. Orion is for those who have understood that what I知 after is experience and affect. Not hit rate.

If you liked Sibyl, Orion simply cannot disappoint you, I believe. Although different, you値l find the same philosophy, and most importantly, the same objective: bring you as close to being (and looking) real as possible. So, if disclaimers are your thing, you might also want to consider simply bypassing this release.

I hope I clarified a bit. All I can say is that this material has served me extremely well over the years, and I believe it was time I shared.

Have all a great evening.

Phedon
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Apr 3, 2021 12:24AM)
Thank you for that clear and elaborate answer. I am looking forward to the release. Great to hear you are proud of this, it sounds like your magnum opus.
Anyone want to predict how much longer the hype will last before a price is announced?
The way these things usually work is the more hype, the more pre sale reviews (even if they are from the likes of Madison) and the longer you have to wait - by the time it actually goes on sale you'll be so excited you'll be willing to give up your first child for a copy.
Never saw Phedon 塗ype anything and his prices have always been beyond fair. I also respect, appreciate and look forward to Madison痴 input.
[quote]On Apr 3, 2021, ed wood wrote:
Anyone want to predict how much longer the hype will last before a price is announced?
The way these things usually work is the more hype, the more pre sale reviews (even if they are from the likes of Madison) and the longer you have to wait - by the time it actually goes on sale you'll be so excited you'll be willing to give up your first child for a copy. [/quote]

$h1T. I致e just been made.
Now, all jokes aside, I realize the price hasn稚 been announced on this thread, whereas it痴 been some time I have given it on FB.

MindFx痴 edition, with the slipcase, will be 」250. You can visit MindFx to have an idea about the looks of the books. I spared no expenses for this, and it is something I知 very proud of.

After the initial batch of the MindFx edition (with the slipcase) is gone, the books will be sold separately, not as a set anymore. Vanishing will propose them, at 」150 each.

That痴 it. Making the limited edition a real bargain (contents are the same).

I think everything has been said. Please however note:

- if you haven稚 loved Sibyl, DO. NOT. GET. ORION.
- if you use your 5 senses to give the illusion of a sixth and feel the need to use disclaimers,DO NOT BUY ORION
- if you池e easily offended, DO NOT APPROACH ORION
- if you think a reading must be all sugar and spice, DO NOT THINK ABOUT ORION
- if you think Orion is hyped, STAY AWAY FROM ORION

Just needed to set certain things straight, and avoid many to be disappointed.

Be well, always

Phedon
Ok, I've had the priviledge to get a sneak peak at some of the material in ORION, and BOY IS IT GOOD! Now personally I perform in a very psychological style, which is very different from Phedon's, but I still feel like Phedon is a greek god who came down to us mere mortals to share his powers. I've never seen such intricate and developped routines in terms of subtleties that I had to reread each routine at least 3 times to get all the subtleties!

One of the things that amazed me the most is Desmic imagery, where after a SINGLE word peek, you have an entire 15 - 20 min act... It leaves the audience truly feeling that you're inside their minds and that's simply amazing !! There are also incredibly powerful psychological forces here (that have actually near 100% odds of working), and presentational and methodical elements that just elevate EVERYTHING that you do in mentalism to an entire new dimention.

Honestly I truly think this is going to be Book of the year based on the tiny thing sthat I've seen within it, because I cannot in my mind's eye imagine what could beat it!
This IS INSANE!!!
Phedon - thanks for the info!

A few questions if you don't mind:
- I do a variety of typical mentalism effects, but I don't usually do "readings" and hence did not get Sibyl. Is Orion relevant in that case?
- Why are there two separate books instead of one? If we don't wind up getting the set, would one or both of the books be able to stand on its own?
- 600+ pages is a lot. Is that because there are many different tools presented? Or many different effects? Or is there just a lot of explanation required?
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Apr 4, 2021 12:24AM)
I am excited for this.
I can assure you Unmasked that I am more excited then you are so please take this hateful banter elsewhere!
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Apr 4, 2021 02:58AM)
If I get a hold one of Phedon's hairs before you do I WILL tickle your nostrils. Until Christmas.
[quote]On Apr 3, 2021, ashah wrote:
Phedon - thanks for the info!

A few questions if you don't mind:
- I do a variety of typical mentalism effects, but I don't usually do "readings" and hence did not get Sibyl. Is Orion relevant in that case?
- Why are there two separate books instead of one? If we don't wind up getting the set, would one or both of the books be able to stand on its own?
- 600+ pages is a lot. Is that because there are many different tools presented? Or many different effects? Or is there just a lot of explanation required? [/quote]

Ashah,

I don't mind at all, never hesitate, please.

1. This is a difficult question. Although Orion is not Sibyl, it conveys very much my philosophy and style, which is: extremely minimal, capitalising on emotions and feelings vs tangible facts, offering our participants EXPERIENCES vs BOOM,HERE-IS-MY-PREDICTION moments (although the reveals outperform, to me, any prediction, and WILL stun your audience), and making the performers look like real. The approach here is a psychic's one. So, although this is NOT about readings, it is about INTERACTION, as the participant is taking an ACTIVE part in these routines, as opposed to many effects where spectators are... spectators, in a passive way. So, will you get something from Orion in your case? Definitely. Is it worth buying at 250GBP (for the limited set with the slipcase)? I DON'T KNOW, as although this price is, I do sincerely believe, cheap for what I am giving here, it is a consequent amount of cash that shouldn't be spent in vain, especially in these times... If I knew you and knew your performing style, I'd be able to advise you better my friend... I'm sorry. Maybe you should wait for feedback from actual customers that share your style, before you take the plunge?

2. Orion was, first, a single book. But whoever saw the draft felt scared when they saw the size of the opus. Imagine, a 600-page hardcover B5 book (B5 is the format of 'Peek Performances', for reference), printed in a quality, thick paper... The thing would have been impossible to carry around without a license to carry a weapon. So, I decided -very late actually- to make it two books. So, technically, it's ONE project, and getting the Pleiades (book 2) without having read the Hunter (#1) is not advisable at all, as many tools introduced in the latter are used in the former.

3. All three. LOTS of tools. LOTS of effects. LOTS of very valuable contributions from other performers, and lots of explanations as well, as only there can one find the myriad of subtleties making these effects true miracles, in the eye of your audience. All I can promise is: there is not A SINGLE part that's filler. On the contrary, as I have a lot more material than what's in Sibyl and Orion, but had to filter it out. My aim wasn't to make Orion large, it was on the contrary to reduce its daunting size, leaving out some very good material that could have made its way in there. But another factor that helped me decide was the balance I wanted to achieve between the two books. They had to carry the same intrinsic value, while keeping a logical structure, respecting the order the tools were introduced, as everything in this project is intertwined. Wasn't that easy, that's all I can say... But I want to think I did it. Ultimately, you guys will be the judge...

I hope I have helped Ashah. If not, let me know. The last thing I want is anybody to regret their purchase with Orion. Not because the material is not good (because it is, and I know because I have been using it forever and have got amazing results with every piece in there), but because it didn't suit their performing style.

Phedon
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Apr 4, 2021 05:57AM)
I really like the upfront, transparent and honest way you help people deciding whether or not this is for them. What a breath of fresh air.
Are previously published texts included in Orion please? (Sibyl, Proteus, Phasma)
[quote]On Apr 4, 2021, silbo wrote:
Are previously published texts included in Orion please? (Sibyl, Proteus, Phasma) [/quote]

Silbo, Phasma being a key tool in most of what I create and perform, it is fully included in Orion, absolutely. But it is explained in more details than in the lecture notes, and used in routines never released before. No Proteus, and nothing from Sibyl, except some of its tools, such as the Wait-a-Second ploy, the Prism, the My-Cousin-Nick reveal etc., used in new, unreleased effects. As a side note, they are all explained thoroughly, in case the reader is not familiar with my previous work. I hate it when authors just invite the reader to refer to this or that of their previous work, without covering it. I take it as an insult, and it is something I'll never do. You don't need anything of my previous publications to understand everything in Orion.

[quote]On Apr 4, 2021, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
I really like the upfront, transparent and honest way you help people deciding whether or not this is for them. What a breath of fresh air. [/quote]

Thank you... I'm very honoured by your words. That's the luxury and the priviledge, I guess, of making this out of pure passion, not out of necessity. Otherwise, I'd have released 10 booklets priced $60 each out of all this material, and made 5 times the money (owing to the added value PLUS quantity sold)... So, thank God, I'm not relying on this to feed my family, as opposed to many others here who do and who must see things from a different angle, by necessity.

My only concern is that whoever gets Orion gets their money worth. Hence my advice above. Don't get it if you ticked one of the conditions I listed in a previous post, and save your money for something more adapted to your needs.

I hope this helps,

Phedon
[quote]On Apr 4, 2021, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
I really like the upfront, transparent and honest way you help people deciding whether or not this is for them. What a breath of fresh air. [/quote]

Totally agree. Thanks Phedon!
If I could only afford one for now, which should I go for Sibyl or Orion?
[quote]On Apr 4, 2021, cytoplasm wrote:
If I could only afford one for now, which should I go for Sibyl or Orion? [/quote]

Definitely Sibyl. First, because it痴 way cheaper ($50). It would enable you therefore, at a fairly lower cost, to test the water, and see whether my work resonates in you at all. Should this experience be positive, you壇 know that Orion is a sure bet, and set your sights on it for the future. Should you not 祖onnect with my style, and moderately appreciate Sibyl, forget about Orion.

Second, because Sibyl is something that, I believe, will serve you, whatever your style. I see people who have a completely different philosophy, still adopt many of its tools.

I hope this helped

Phedon
[quote]On Apr 5, 2021, phedonbilek wrote:
[quote]On Apr 4, 2021, cytoplasm wrote:
If I could only afford one for now, which should I go for Sibyl or Orion? [/quote]

Definitely Sibyl. First, because it痴 way cheaper ($50). It would enable you therefore, at a fairly lower cost, to test the water, and see whether my work resonates in you at all. Should this experience be positive, you壇 know that Orion is a sure bet, and set your sights on it for the future. Should you not 祖onnect with my style, and moderately appreciate Sibyl, forget about Orion.

Second, because Sibyl is something that, I believe, will serve you, whatever your style. I see people who have a completely different philosophy, still adopt many of its tools.

I hope this helped

Phedon [/quote]

Thank you so much Phedon for your open and honest advice, it is greatly appreciated. I will certainly get Sibyl and see how I get on : )
I will have a full detailed review of this soon
I already finished the book

The link to the review will be up here to go to the review section of the Caf

I am traveling tomorrow to US again so I should have some time this weekend or next.

Thanks. It will be quite a long review.

Alex.
[quote]On Apr 6, 2021, BMWGuy wrote:
I will have a full detailed review of this soon
I already finished the book

The link to the review will be up here to go to the review section of the Caf

I am traveling tomorrow to US again so I should have some time this weekend or next.

Thanks. It will be quite a long review.

Alex. [/quote]

Hello BMWguy
I look forward to you review.
Will this be a review of both books totaling 600+ pages?
Or just volume one?
Yes both but all rolled into 1
Contents Overview:
Orion Volume One The Hunter

Foreword(s):
Book one opens with two introductions, one by Jerome Finley and the other by Madison Hagler. Whilst it should come as no surprise that these gentlemen both give very high praise for the material that is covered within the Orion project, it is worth noting that they are actively using the material themselves.

Inspiration:
With the introductions given, Phedon shares a little history pertaining to his fascination with the story of 禅he Hunter. Here we learn how this story helped to inspire Phedon痴 work within the art of mentalism along with his continued pursuit in developing routines that stick to the strictest of requirements.

Highlights & Opening Advice:
To help the reader gain the most from these books, Phedon offers some valuable insights into how they should be read. This advice is perfectly framed via the use of a very poignant point pertaining to the cover graphic of the project. In order to fully grasp the copious amount of subtleties, insights and overall philosophy behind each routine I would caution any reader to pay special attention to this section.

Phasma Introduction:
We are now introduced to Phasma which affords the performer the ability to both identify and force a singular thought whilst seemingly offering the participant an even wider choice. This singular prop-less technique helped to gain Phedon a standing ovation at his lectures in the UK, Paris and Telavive.
Side Note: As someone who witnessed Phedon performing this technique for a group of seasoned mentalists, I can personally attest to the strength of this technique.

Restrictive Imagery:
Next up, Phedon shares a technique that allows the performer to restrict the participant without seeming restrictive in any way. Phedon highlights the impact that a single word can have on the participant痴 perception of events and how we can use words to give the perception of a much wider choice (due to the verbal subtleties at play). This chapter includes several examples which help to illustrate the versatility of this system. These include categories such as drawings, names, objects and colours.

Note: Those who own Proteus will instantly see the benefits of combining it with the 然estrictive Imagery technique.

Landmarks:
Phedon illustrates the power of stacking the Phasma technique and how this allows the performer to reveal so much more than a singular thought. What is most fascinating here is that the revelation process is also the 素orcing process due to the absolute harmony between the two. After teaching this technique Phedon provides the perfect illustration to help the reader appreciate just how fooling this technique can be.

Restricted Imagery Routine:
At its core, the 然estricted Imagery routine allows the performer to identify an object that exists only in the mind of your participant. This section opens by leading the reader through a pseudo demonstration of the basic routine (ultimately helping the reader to appreciate just how streamlined it actually is). Highlights within this section include the invisible layers of restrictions that are applied to the routine (subtleties which very efficiently and elegantly reduce the participant痴 choices on a simple coherent psychological level). This section concludes with a breakdown of the fundamental tools that form the backbone of many routines within the Orion project and how they ultimately facilitate the success of each routine in turn.

Restricted Imagery Original Routine:
Here we learn the original routine and gain an insight into how it has been evolved to afford the performer a series of free additional reveals along the way. Phedon also discusses a solid way to use 然estricted Imagery as a fail-safe out for those rare events when all does not go to plan. This provides the reader with full confidence in the routine as a whole. Phedon covers the full motivations for every step leaving no stone unturned. This section closes by detailing a couple of alternative reveals which will suit differing presentational approaches.

Note: Whilst this routine can be presented in a wide variety of ways, I particularly liked the deductive approach where the performer is seen to deduce the object that the participant is thinking of by analysing their personality.

Restricted Imagery Evolved Routine:
This section opens with the reasons that Phedon wanted to push it further (which mainly involved his wish to add physical manifestation of a single thought (thus allowing the participant to bring something tangible back from their dream world/imagination, back into reality. This prop-less routine also introduces the reader to the 全cenery Principle.

Contribution - Corridor Ploy (Ori Ascher)
Ori Asher explains a linguistic method of his creation which allow the performer to efficiently fish between two possibilities.

Note: Phedon also supplies alternative methods of his own within the main routine explanation.

Restricted Imagery for Audiences:
Here we learn how to use 然estricted Imagery for a larger audience. This also contains a beautiful visual way of receiving multiple acknowledgements from your audience members. Phedon also helps to highlight the strength of performing 然estricted Imagery over traditional psychological forces such as the Triangle/Circle force.

Contribution - Stickier (Morgan Strebbler)
As an alternative approach for close up workers, Phedon explains an alternative reveal that was inspired by a Morgan Strebbler effect.

Disclaimers:
Phedon presents the reader with his views on the use of disclaimers and ethics in relation to the performance of mentalism.

Indexed Imagery:
Indexed Imagery is a simple yet deeply engaging routine that couples a light-hearted reading with an amazing kicker ending. Within the framework of this routine Phedon introduces the 双rder force and 租istraction ruse which will no doubt delight those who are looking for simple yet highly effective tools to add to their repertoire. This chapter also contains a brief discussion pertaining to belief and attitude. Phedon also provides the reader with a method for adopting the correct mindset in order that your performances appear 喪eal.

Phasmatic Names:
Next on the list is one of Phedon痴 favourite routines titled 善hasmatic Names. In this routine, the participant thinks of a word and imagines someone from their past whispering the word to them in their mind. The performer is then able to reveal both along with further details that would seemingly be impossible to know. This routine culminates with a thought of name being revealed on the back of a photo that has been in full view (before the name is even revealed to the mentalist). I must also add that the name is genuinely thought of by the participant and there is no switch of the photograph or gimmicks involved either. The level of thought and psychology behind this routine is amazing!

Phasmatic Names Original Version:
Phedon highlights the original approach to this routine (which he still uses too). This version relies upon Mark Paul痴 AAA book-test (not taught within the book but widely available) as a starting point. In typical Phedon fashion, he provides the reader with a beautiful justification for the use of the book. To conclude this chapter, Phedon discusses the use of different names in different parts of the world. Although Phedon uses UK and US names as examples, it should be easy enough for anyone not living in those countries to discover those names that would work.

Note: Once again Phedon puts the reader痴 mind at rest will a fail-safe approach to this routine and as with one of the previous routines, the method is beautifully woven into the presentation. He also includes an impromptu prop-less version too for those that don稚 want to carry a photo with them.

Phasmatic names 2.0:
This is an updated version of the previous routine that adds so many different psychological layers that it becomes a powerhouse of a routine. The level of thinking that has gone into this one is guaranteed to put a huge smile on your face. Within the framework for this routine is also one of the best justifications for having a thought of word written down that I came across to date. Also included within this routine are several new techniques such as the 銑etter Count Force and 賎uided Imagery.

********Michael痴 Notes on the Material so Far:*******
Using the very clever combination of subtleties included in the aforementioned chapters you will also learn how to paint false memories in the minds of your participants that will prevent them from being able to backtrack your routines. You will be able to linguistically create the illusion of free choice and in actuality, when using the routines listed above, the participant痴 choices are real. You will be able to build the illusion of impossibility before making any reveal, and for those mentalists who simply peek and reveal information in parrot fashion, your eyes will truly be opened to the potential that you are missing out on. The mileage that Phedon can get out of a single peek is astonishing.

Now, whilst most books just detail what we should do to get an effect to work, Phedon goes much further and even suggests how we should think, how we should act and what we should say to maximise the impact of the routines we perform. What is evident here is that these tools and techniques aren稚 limited for use with the routines in this book but instead, they have a much wider scope for application within the mentalism routines that you already perform. Throughout this book, Phedon offers many example exercises for the reader to follow so that you can fully appreciate the motivation behind the approaches that he uses. I personally found these very helpful, insightful and a very worthwhile addition to the book.
Nico Heinrich Letter Count Force:
Here Nico shares an alternative approach to forcing information on a participant. It is very easy to appreciate the versatility of this idea which provides some nice food for thought.

Sponsored Imagery:
A great routine with solid foundations that allows you to reveal a gender, name and activity that someone is thinking of along with a brand too. Once again Phedon provides some wonderful justifications for each step.

Imagerized Phasmatic Names by Madison Hagler:
Madison very kindly shares a completely prop-less way of performing the Phasmatic Names routine which combines many of the prior elements taught within this book. There is some beautiful thinking within this one.

On Justifications:
In this chapter, Phedon discusses his thoughts on justifications. His reasoning is very solid and covers such topics as why the participant should write a thought down and why the participant should change their mind or make multiple choices. There are some very important points raised in this section that can be applied to many of the routines that you perform already. Phedon even goes as to cover a logical reason for performing in a non-native language (this will be very useful for those living outside of the UK/US).

Phasmatic Stones:
Phedon now walks us through the routine that he used to fool his own mother. This routine lends itself nicely to deeper readings and leaves the participant with a highly memorable physical keepsake that this brought back from their imagination. Here Phedon covers ways in which we can use the prior concepts with colours and textures and he even covers some of the Rainbow statements that were made popular via his Sibyl project.

Once again Phedon covers every detail imaginable including how to move, act and even compose yourself in the physical sense (details that are most often missing from other books). In many respects, this is almost a mini-course on body language for the mentalist. Although not a self- proclaimed expert Phedon also provides insights on building rapport, creating tension and relaxation, how to gain interest from your participant. This chapter closes with Phedon highlighting the importance of non-verbal communication and how to be aware of this during a performance.

Note: You do not need to own Sibyl to understand anything here (but it is such a great project I would wholeheartedly suggest picking it up anyway).

Discussion on Multipliers:
Phedon now draws the readers attention to 僧ultipliers and explains how they are used within our routines to increase the impact of the final reveal. He talks about the illusion of choice and how to create it. He helps the reader to understand the 僧ultipliers that exist within their existing routines so that they can appreciate the impact that these small details have on the bigger picture and the memory that these paint in the participant痴 mind when they later recall the events.

********Michael痴 Notes on the Material so Far:*******
I particularly loved Phedons discussion on having a second participant being the one who makes the reveals. As a huge fan of the spectator as mind reader approach, my reasoning for this should be obvious. Another thing that stood out to me was the way in which Phedon has the participant initiate the revelation process. By having the participant ask themselves it not only actively forces them to take interested in what you have to say but also makes them feel that they both need and want to hear, what it is that you have to say. Phedon also provides the reader with a perfect illustration of this and it is very easy to see how your subsequent words will resonate on a deeper, more meaningful level that are also less prone to being rejected too.
Phedon now discusses the importance of pauses to build tension, how to use hesitation to make your performances seem real. He provides a valid case against over polished scripts and his preference for creating the illusion of spontaneity (and the benefits of that). We are also presented with some beautiful thoughts on near missing and whilst I won稚 spoil the fun, his illustration is perfect and contains some extremely smart thinking. Once again Phedon provides the reader with clear and concise illustrations in support of the philosophies shared and I can稚 see anyone disagreeing with any of this.
Note: I personally agreed with every point made.

The Phi Force:
The Phi Force is a superb tool that will become a staple within almost any mind-reading demonstration that you perform. Using the naturally occurring building blocks that exist in anything that can be thought of you are free to force almost anything you like. The versatility of this tool will be immediately apparent to all who read it. Best of all, this can be done so fast with almost no extra work required on behalf of the performer. Once again Phedon proves just how far you can take any routine based on the knowledge of a single thought.

Note: Those that are aware of my universal forcing technique will absolutely love this. I will be applying this technique to almost all of my routines from now on.

Desmic Imagery:
This is an incredibly powerful routine and is a beautiful one to close the first book with. In this routine, the participant is asked to imagine themselves in a location which you are able to describe. They are asked to imagine looking at a photo of someone which you are also able to describe in- depth (including the specific clothes that they are wearing down to the colour of the clothing itself). To conclude, you are also able to reveal this persons name too. Oh and along the journey you ask the participant to imagine picking up a magazine so that they can circle their star sign which you are also able to reveal too!

What is most interesting here is that almost everything revealed only exists in the participant痴 mind. Now when you couple this will all of the subtleties that Phedon shares (one of them being so devious and beautiful that I physically laughed out loud as I read it) you will quickly understand why it is one of his favourite pieces to perform.

Just like the previous routines, this one is filled with so many layers and subtleties that will leave your head spinning. The way in which Phedon is able to imply that thoughts were made whilst you were nowhere near them is nothing short of perfect. The ability to control the participant痴 responses during the routine and the ability to use your hand gestures to your advantage too is excellent.

Scott Creasey Impromptu Approach:
We are then presented with a series of ideas from Scott Creasy which includes a completely impromptu way of performing Desmic Imagery. This is a very nice approach and is a great option for you to carry in your mind ready to unleash at any moment you desire.

The Oneironaut:
Volume one closes with an excellent presentation for a book test. In this routine, Phedon uses Marc Paul痴 AAA book-test as a starting point (the method for the AAA isn稚 explained but is widely available and can be replaced with any book-test method you may already know). Once again Phedon demonstrates his amazing ability to create a powerful routine based on the knowledge of a single word. This perfectly highlights the versatility of the tools that have been presented within this book and how they can be used in so many different ways.

In the final thoughts, Phedon highlights the power of the imagination via a short but potent essay.

Index of Tools:
This reference list is a valuable addition to this book and allow the reader to quickly access all of the tools, principles and techniques that have been woven into volume one. I will certainly be referring back to this time and time again.

********Michael痴 Closing Words:*******
Having read through this first volume three times so far I am constantly finding nuggets of information that were missed each time round. In light of this, I will certainly be revisiting and re- reading this book over and over again. Pay special attention to Phedons opening words at the beginning of this book and you will be handsomely rewarded for your efforts. All in all, this volume represents a stunning contribution to the mentalism community.

Volume Two Breakdown to follow soon ;)

Best Wishes Michael
Is the book language dependent on english or do the effects/principles also work in a different language?
Hey Eric,

It should work with any language.

I have adapted it to Spanish.

I have a review I need to write for this massive tome, I will hopefully get to it this weekend.

Traveling and in Tennessee now. The joys of traveling.

Alex
[quote]On Apr 13, 2021, EricDraven wrote:
Is the book language dependent on english or do the effects/principles also work in a different language? [/quote]

Eric,

Everything, except a couple of things, is language independent. Of course, you値l have to adapt certain things, such as names, etc.

Hope that helps.

Phedon
Many thanks Phedon and Alex! That is helpful!