(Close Window)
Topic: Leather Chop Cup By TCC PRESENTS
Wow! These look really good for the price!

http://kck.st/3adsle8
I agree and have placed an order. Im looking forward to receiving it in May. I have always wanted a leather chop cup!
I agree, these cups look truly wonderful.
Wondering if anyone has dealt directly with TCC in the past?
[quote]On Apr 21, 2020, magic.99 wrote:
I agree, these cups look truly wonderful.
Wondering if anyone has dealt directly with TCC in the past? [/quote]

I've met some of the guys from TCC during FISM 2018. Not that it counts for anything, but just good to know that there are actual people behind it, rather than just a company name. :)
The balls look nice.
the cup looks very typical of the mass produced cups we see quite often, such as the "just a cup", except with a felt lining.
the oblong cup opening shows the walls of the cup are quite "squishy" which has pros and cons.
has anyone seen an actual cup?

the ad copy makes me wonder what "hand made" means?

am I correct that the cup alone (with 2 balls not described) is essentially $36?
The cup and the balls look nice, but I'm actually more intrigued by the routine in the video. There are some things happening there that I've never seen with a chop cup before that look very cool.
[quote]On Apr 22, 2020, TheAmbitiousCard wrote:
The balls look nice.
the cup looks very typical of the mass produced cups we see quite often, such as the "just a cup", except with a felt lining.
the oblong cup opening shows the walls of the cup are quite "squishy" which has pros and cons.
has anyone seen an actual cup?

the ad copy makes me wonder what "hand made" means?

am I correct that the cup alone (with 2 balls not described) is essentially $36? [/quote]

The campaign has a single cup (with 1 gimmicked and 1 regular ball included) going for approx US$36 (excluding shipping).
If you get the baseballs as the balls, for that price, it seems like an ok deal.
Hard to tell what balls you get when you're buying the cup only.
I'm just not convinced the cup itself is much better than the mass produced cups that are dirt cheap.
They look identical except with a felt lining.
So far, every TCC product I have bought from Penguin & Vanishing Inc have been great quality for the price. I have more chop cups than I know what to do with though so I likely wont get one of these. I just wanted to add my experience with TCC's past quality.
I ordered one.
Will upload pix when I get it.
I back anything TCC, their quality is exceptional. Plus they ran a special on the TCC cups that Michael Ammar uses. 99.00 USD for a set. They only offered
20 sets at that price. So for the leather cup, the balls and the TCC Artistic Cups w/balls the whole backing only came to 128.00, cheaper than a full set
of the Artistic Cups & Balls 2 they offer. -Frederick
I have ordered one. Looking forward to seeing it.
I backed the full set and received an update.
Delivery is delayed but they sent the link to the full instructions.
Has anyone gotten their order yet?
There are some reporting in the comments on Kickstarter that they're receiving their orders. They've also said they're providing tracking numbers once they do ship.
I read from the comments on KS that they are getting them in batches and sending them out based on the backer order sequence.
This just in from Jack Wu's facebook post. Another batch of chop cup orders were shipped out today. :)
I still have not received my order.
Received my leather cups yesterday. Great quality, just as expected from TCC. The leather baseballs are exceptional, I wish I had
ordered some more pairs for some of my cup sets. I'm also very pleased with the Artistic Cups & Balls they offered to backers. Overall
everything was fabulous with this KS campaign.

-MJJ
Glad to hear they are arriving and that the quality is good! Thanks.
Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for your patience.

We have just posted an update on the project on the Kickstarter Page.

In short:
A considerable amount of orders for the TCC Leather Chop Cup were shipped out recently. As mentioned by others here, several of our backers have been gradually receiving them and have nothing but praise for our products.

We have switched to the best courier service company in China, SF Express. (Due to the current pandemic, the actual shipping cost to international destinations are considerably higher than what was originally charged during the campaign). Based on our back-end tracking, the estimated time of arrival is within 10 - 20 days.

We have encountered some problems during shipping because the product contains magnetic components, several packages were flagged for inspection. These packages were either returned or confiscated. In fact, there were a considerable amount of packages that were confiscated. We needed to provide SF Express with Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) in order to ensure that this does not happen in the future.

The production of the clementine/tan cup is still very limited. It is estimated all the Kickstarter orders will be fulfilled by 25 July.

Backers can read the full update on the Kickstarter page.

We apologize for keeping you waiting. Appreciate your understanding.

TCC TEAM.
I literally just received mine!
Thanks for the update!
Here is my unboxing and first look at the Leather Chop cup. Not to worry, I'm sure you will be receiving yours very soon!

https://youtu.be/0xEtldiDkrQ

Take a shot every time I say "very nice"!
[quote]On Jul 14, 2020, yin_howe wrote:
Here is my unboxing and first look at the Leather Chop cup. Not to worry, I'm sure you will be receiving yours very soon!

https://youtu.be/0xEtldiDkrQ

Take a shot every time I say "very nice"! [/quote]

Thanks for the review! Looking forward to getting mine.
I still haven't received either the product or a tracking number.
I finally got a tracking number with a link, but it doesnít work. I think maybe the tracking number doesnít work until it reaches the destination country. At least thatís what I am hoping!
[quote]On Jul 21, 2020, Jbond207 wrote:
I finally got a tracking number with a link, but it doesnít work. I think maybe the tracking number doesnít work until it reaches the destination country. At least thatís what I am hoping! [/quote]

What site are you using for tracking?
[quote]On Jul 20, 2020, Jbond207 wrote:
I finally got a tracking number with a link, but it doesnít work. I think maybe the tracking number doesnít work until it reaches the destination country. At least thatís what I am hoping! [/quote]

Same thing is happening to me. I noticed in the comments on Kickstarter that a lot of other people are having the same problem. I received my tracking number of the 14th and checked it again just now and the waybill not found error.

Someone else asked what site the tracking is done through. It's through the shipper, SF Express.
[quote]On Jul 21, 2020, yin_howe wrote:
[quote]On Jul 21, 2020, Jbond207 wrote:

What site are you using for tracking? [/quote]

SF Express. There was a link to it in the email I received from TCC.
I can't vouch for the accuracy or reliability of this, but you can try this tracking site
https://www.17track.net/en/

See if it helps.
[quote]On Jul 22, 2020, yin_howe wrote:
I can't vouch for the accuracy or reliability of this, but you can try this tracking site

See if it helps. [/quote]

I get a lot of Card Decks from the Ukraine and Russia. The information is very accurate.
[quote]On Jul 22, 2020, yin_howe wrote:

See if it helps. [/quote]

It says my order is in transit to US. Thatís good! Thanks!
Dear friends,

All remaining Leather Chop Cup orders will be sent/re-sent out this week.

This is the first time we have handled international logistics of this volume. Thank you for your patience and waiting. We are very sorry for the hiccup in the production and shipping that made this experience not a pleasant one. We greatly appreciate your understanding so far.

If any of our friends who have already received the tracking number but still unable to access the logistics tracking information by next week, please contact us and we will try oury best to solve it for you.
[quote]On Jul 21, 2020, ekins wrote:
[quote]On Jul 20, 2020, Jbond207 wrote:

Same thing is happening to me. I noticed in the comments on Kickstarter that a lot of other people are having the same problem. I received my tracking number of the 14th and checked it again just now and the waybill not found error.

Someone else asked what site the tracking is done through. It's through the shipper, SF Express. [/quote]

I'm a KS backer as well, and you may need to click the link for "Ocean Ship Tracking" .. Once you do that, you are prompted for the tracking number, do the captcha and then it should return info.. (Mine says it is still in transit to the US).

mG
#412 here. No tracking number, no product yet TCC continues to market product on KickStarter.
[quote]On Aug 8, 2020, griz326 wrote:
#412 here. No tracking number, no product yet TCC continues to market product on KickStarter. [/quote]

I received an email from our electronics manufacturer in China. Mail is out of the country is finally starting to move. Planes bound for the US
have been sitting loaded on the tarmacs in China that are America bound.

TCC always comes through, I have backed every single one of their projects and have never been let down by them. Google their website
and contact them through there, that will get you ahead of all the messages they are probably getting through KickStarter. Just wait until
it does hit the US. I had ordered something for my brother and is took 22 days from Orlando Fla to Va. and it was Priority mail. If this virus has
taught us all something is "Patience".

Kindest Regards,
-MJJ
I posted in another related thread.. but I did get mine (2 cups and extra balls) a week of so ago. Everything arrived in good shape, and I am very happy with the quality of the products. Hang in there... I hope everyone's orders arrive soon and are as satisfied as I am.
[quote]On Aug 10, 2020, Mad Jake wrote:
[quote]On Aug 8, 2020, griz326 wrote:
#412 here. No tracking number, no product yet TCC continues to market product on KickStarter. [/quote]

I received an email from our electronics manufacturer in China. Mail is out of the country is finally starting to move. Planes bound for the US
have been sitting loaded on the tarmacs in China that are America bound.

TCC always comes through, I have backed every single one of their projects and have never been let down by them. Google their website
and contact them through there, that will get you ahead of all the messages they are probably getting through KickStarter. Just wait until
it does hit the US. I had ordered something for my brother and is took 22 days from Orlando Fla to Va. and it was Priority mail. If this virus has
taught us all something is "Patience".

Kindest Regards,
-MJJ [/quote]

Wondering if it's a last mile carrier issue in the US? No problems here in Malaysia (Asia).
I was backer #503 out of #504 for the TCC Chop Cup. I received my cups (Northern California) yesterday (08/10/2020).

For the luxury bags, I'm backer #10, and got my tracking number a week ago, so hope to have the bags in a month or so.

I love the feel of these cups.

Dave
I purchased this Chop Cup right near the beginning of the TCC Kickstarter Campaign - still NOTHING has arrived. This is starting to get ridiculous - promised for May, turned into June, which turned into July and now we are nearly 3 weeks into August. I did email TCC about this, but they did not answer my email.
Not too sure that I will back TCC on Kickstarter again.
Seems to be more of a postal issue rather than a production issue.
Did you check your tracking?
Try sending them a private message on KS or post on their TCC FB group.

I'll probably be backing most things they come up with, provided my wallet can afford it. :D
I was backer #39. I received the cup and accessories yesterday, August 17 via the USPS. I am based in the San Francisco Bay Area.

It was worth the wait!
I was Backer #412 and received my package yesterday. At first glance, it appears the cup is missing the metal shim or that there are no magnetic balls. More investigation today.
Dear backers of the TCC Leather Chop cup,

We have posted the latest Update #8 on the Kickstarter page. All the orders for the Leather Chop Cups have been shipped and should be on their way to you.

If delivery is not possible, we may request an alternative delivery address, or we will issue a refund (We will contact you separately if this is the case).

For those that have received their SF tracking numbers, you may try the below site (recommended by one of our backers) to track your package. https://www.17track.net/en

For those who have messaged us for their missing tracking numbers, we will reply ASAP.

As noted from the many comments & messages here as well as on social media, many backers have already received their Leather Chop Cups are extremely happy with what they have received.

Also, based on the many requests that we have received and checked, the majority of the packages are already at the destination countries.

We do appreciate your patience and assure you that it will be worth the wait.

Regards,
TCC Team
[Best way to reach us is to leave a private message via Kickstarter, and the team will get back to you)
I received my order today. I was backer 487. The order was complete and everything was in great shape. I am VERY pleased with the order and I would back them again. Just remember to be patient. Shipping is not the same as it once was. Thanks for the order! I love it!
I received my order too (in Italy) and I am quite impressed by the quality of the products.
Please note that the balls are quite solid and heavy, so it is advisable to operate on a soft surface or the ball "dislodgement" could be heard.
For those of you interested in sizes, I am reporting the diameters I measured.
Balls: 28mm
Cup bottom: 56mm (external)
Cup mouth at the top: 74mm (external), 64mm (internal)
Cup height: 91mm
Message: Posted by: Jim Stan Magic Man (Aug 25, 2020 10:54PM)
I was backer #14 and still have not received mine. I contacted Jack multiple times. Apparently mine was sent back. Jack has since sent me a new tracking number. As of today it still says it is in New York. Really hoping to get this soon. Jack has always been very quick in responding to my questions.
I'm still waiting for mine too. My original shipment was apparently blocked because of an issue with the magnets. They sent me a new tracking number and I was excited to see that the package was finally moving and I watched it progress to being delivered to Arizona. I live in Oregon. I'm guessing they gave me the wrong tracking number. I've asked for an update and was told someone will get in touch with me.

-Brian
After waiting and getting nothing, I finally got the USPS tracking number. I reached out to USPS an found that the package was lost. I filled out the paperwork for a lost package, but was told not to hold my breath. That was two weeks ago. I also sent TTC an email last week but no reply. I guess I'm out the money and I paid extra for the cups and ball set as well. Hope TTC can help.
My cups finally arrived last week so I hope yours make it too. They are very nice.

-Brian

[quote]On Sep 28, 2020, Geoff Pfeiffer wrote:
After waiting and getting nothing, I finally got the USPS tracking number. I reached out to USPS an found that the package was lost. I filled out the paperwork for a lost package, but was told not to hold my breath. That was two weeks ago. I also sent TTC an email last week but no reply. I guess I'm out the money and I paid extra for the cups and ball set as well. Hope TTC can help. [/quote]
[quote]On Sep 29, 2020, ekins wrote:
My cups finally arrived last week so I hope yours make it too. They are very nice.

-Brian
[/quote]

Glad to hear that they arrived. Thank you for your support.
[quote]On Sep 28, 2020, Geoff Pfeiffer wrote:
After waiting and getting nothing, I finally got the USPS tracking number. I reached out to USPS an found that the package was lost. I filled out the paperwork for a lost package, but was told not to hold my breath. That was two weeks ago. I also sent TTC an email last week but no reply. I guess I'm out the money and I paid extra for the cups and ball set as well. Hope TTC can help. [/quote]

Hi Geoff,

Could you please send us an email (service@tccpresents) or private message via Kickstarter? We might not always be on the Cafť.

October 1 - October 7 is China's National day holidays. All of our colleagues have returned home for the holidays. So we are unable to provide timely after-sales service or reply to any other messages, we will attend to your message after the holidays.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Roy
TCC TEAM.
Https://youtu.be/htfQZO1tdd8

Follow up video re TCC Leather Chop cup
Yin-howe, great video! Thanks for sharing.

I had my set lost in the mail, but TCC is working on this. I sure hope I get it soon.
Hi all,

I have uploaded a video review of the Leather Chop Cup.

[youtube]OCWf3_NWJ5Y[/youtube]

Enjoy and stay safe!

Alex Hui
Hong Kong
Thank you Alex, very comprehensive, this is a prop that I failed to get at kickstarter.
One small comment, when providing dimensions, say centimeters, not cm, cm is just an abreviation when writing.
Pablo
[quote]On Dec 13, 2020, pabloinus wrote:
Thank you Alex, very comprehensive, this is a prop that I failed to get at kickstarter.
One small comment, when providing dimensions, say centimeters, not cm, cm is just an abreviation when writing.
Pablo [/quote]

Alex, if you want to say cm we all get what you are talking about. We all know it's centimeters. Like everyone. Thank you for the excellent review.
Sale going on at TCC.
Leather Chop cup going for $59 for a limited time.
https://www.tccpresents.com/collections/tcc-special-selections/products/leather-chop-cup-by-tcc

Review:
https://youtu.be/htfQZO1tdd8
[quote]On Jun 9, 2021, yin_howe wrote:
Sale going on at TCC.
Leather Chop cup going for $59 for a limited time.
https://www.tccpresents.com/collections/tcc-special-selections/products/leather-chop-cup-by-tcc

Review:
https://youtu.be/htfQZO1tdd8 [/quote]

2 colors in the sale, it appears. Clementine and Surf Blue. Pics are really pretty.