(Close Window)
Topic: XIDD Christopher Rawlins
Message: Posted by: Aaron Lucas (Jun 2, 2020 04:24AM)
I got this email last night from Chris . Been on his mailing list for a while, it sounds wicked cool!

Anybody know any more?

"Hello!

I will soon be sharing a new set of notes.

XIDD explores a system that will allow you to know more.

You will be able to:

Demonstrate that with undoubtable proof that you knew and understood an image only thought of - not drawn, not written, not selected from a list.
Learn how to draw potential clients in with a virtual, fully interactive and exciting experience of mind reading.
Duplicate an image over digital media and under test conditions.
Cleanly predict peopleís actions and choices.
Know and reveal thought of names, destinations and drawings.

This is an in depth exploration of a concept that Chris first shared back in 2015.

Youíll learn never tipped before additions that allow for 100% accuracy and certainty and a number of new routines, approaches and secrets to expand upon Chris' original tool. .

New routines, scripts and handlings.

No anagrams, No pre show, No secret peeks.

Everything in these notes works digitally and perfectly over FaceTime, Zoom, Skype.

ďIDD is already a very clever concept in remote mind-reading, but Chrisí new ideas and variations take it to the next level. This is a routine that you absolutely must include in your next Zoom show.Ē Marc Paul

Upon release this week, each PDF will be personalised and then emailed to the buyer within 24 hours.

More soon.

Christopher."
Message: Posted by: Christopher_Rawlins (Jun 2, 2020 10:24AM)
Hello!

I am going to be gifting three preview copies of XIDD within the next two days.

To be eligible for this gift you must be signed up here: http://c-r-products.yolasite.com/Register-Interest.php

From my subscribers I will be selecting the lucky three at random.

These notes are exciting to me, and upon release only be available from me initially.

Each PDF will be personalised.

I can't wait for you to read these notes, and to enjoy the contents.

Happy to answer any questions.

I'll be in touch,

Christopher
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Jun 2, 2020 12:33PM)
I thought IDD was quite an interesting concept. I am excited to see what the new additions are.
Message: Posted by: magicmind (Jun 2, 2020 12:41PM)
Signed up. Thank you for the offer.
Message: Posted by: Noel (Jun 2, 2020 05:17PM)
I was lucky enough to read a preview copy. IDD has always been a great system but Chris has really added some fantastic touches for performing over video chat. Iíll be adding it to my Zoom show for sure.
Message: Posted by: Christopher_Rawlins (Jun 3, 2020 03:46AM)
Thanks to all that have signed up so far.

I have been asked if this will work in other languages and I can happily state that you can perform these feats and experiences in any language for anyone.

I will be sending out a preview copy to one lucky person today, another tomorrow and another on Friday.

I will also be posting here and sending an email to everyone signed up here: http://c-r-products.yolasite.com to announce the release of the notes, each order will be personalised and emailed to you within 24 hours.

There is a page at the back of the notes that hints at areas of possible future focus for the reader, and I can say that these thoughts alone will be worth the price of the notes!

I've also been asked how much these will cost, the price will be £20.

More information soon.

I'll be in touch,

Christopher
Message: Posted by: ChrisWall (Jun 4, 2020 07:11AM)
I was lucky enough to get a preview copy of this to read through also. I've known Chris a long time and when he's excited about something it usually means it's excellent - and this is just that. (Also to be clear - if I think something is rubbish, I'd tell him and you that.)

If you know the I.D.D. concept then there's some wonderful additions and rotuine which is a lovely piece of theatre - yes it's that strong - that you can perform over zoom or any other virtual medium.

If you don't know I.D.D. yet then this is a no brainer because it is simply a wonderful routine that will make you smile. I was so mad when he first showed me it at the Session a few years ago because it is so clever and I couldn't believe I hadn't made the connection.

Chris doesn't just create a trick and be done with it, he hones it, improves it, tries all the different ideas that his big brain can come up with before putting something out there, and this gives you an insight into how you can take a principle or a routine and really grow it into something more.

There's a lovely nugget from Luke Jermay too.

Highly recommended.
Message: Posted by: Christopher_Rawlins (Jun 4, 2020 03:15PM)
I'll be sending out another advanced preview copy today, that person has already been contacted.

There is still one more preview to be claimed!

Sign up to be in for a chance.

I'll soon be sending out an email announcing when XIDD will be available.

More soon,

Christopher.
Message: Posted by: robd (Jun 5, 2020 04:49AM)
Looking forward to getting this. The Star Sign revelation in the original was perfect.
Message: Posted by: Christopher_Rawlins (Jun 5, 2020 10:01AM)
Hey everyone!

I am really happy to let you all know that XIDD is all set and ready, and will be released on Monday at midday, UK time.

Each PDF will be personalised and emailed to you within 24 hours (although probably much sooner!)

It's had some fantastic feedback from pro's that I really respect and who's opinion I value.

DEMONSTRATE WITH UNDOUBTABLE PROOF THAT YOU KNEW AND UNDERSTOOD AN IMAGE ONLY THOUGHT OF - NOT DRAWN, NOT WRITTEN, NOT SELECTED FROM A LIST.

LEARN HOW TO DRAW POTENTIAL CLIENTS IN WITH A VIRTUAL, FULLY INTERACTIVE AND EXCITING DEMONSTRATION OF MIND READING.

DUPLICATE AN IMAGE OVER DIGITAL MEDIA AND UNDER TEST CONDITIONS.

CLEANLY PREDICT PEOPLEíS ACTIONS AND CHOICES.

KNOW AND REVEAL THOUGHT OF NAMES, DESTINATIONS AND DRAWINGS.

THIS IS AN IN DEPTH EXPLORATION OF A CONCEPT THAT CHRIS FIRST SHARED BACK IN 2015.

YOUíLL LEARN NEVER TIPPED BEFORE ADDITIONS THAT ALLOW FOR 100% ACCURACY AND CERTAINTY.

NEW ROUTINES, SCRIPTS AND HANDLINGS.

WORKS IN ANY LANGUAGE.

NO ANAGRAMS, NO PRE SHOW, NO SECRET PEEKS.

"The IDD is already a very clever concept in remote mind-reading, but Chris' new ideas and variations take it to the next level. This is a routine that you absolutely must include in your next Zoom show." - Marc Paul

"The brilliant Chris Rawlins does it again. Expanding on his own ideas, he creates brand new mind boggling and unbelievable mind trips. If you own his previous work , this is a strong addition. If you donít, drop everything and buy this now......not later, NOW." - Marc Salem

RELEASE DATE: JUNE 8TH 2020 MIDDAY, UK TIME.

I'm sure that the people who were selected for preview copies will share their thoughts here soon, alongside other respected pro's who are reading their preview copies as I type this.

Thank you all for your interest in XIDD, more soon.

I'll be in touch,

Christopher.
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Jun 5, 2020 10:14AM)
I am one of the lucky people who got a preview copy of XIDD. I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I've always thought that IDD was a very interesting approach to the Drawing Duplication concept and it is definitely worth exploring.
XIDD has additional ideas and concepts around the main method which I found not only interesting but inspiring at the same time. There are also many ideas that are not limited to Drawing Duplications but other concepts as well. I especially like a couple of ideas shared by John Archer and Luke Jermay. I thought John's idea creates a beautiful image on stage which adds something extra to the routine. I can honestly say that I will make what is needed and will experiment with adding IDD to one of my existing routines and I was also inspired to explore more an idea shared by Luke Jermay in this manuscript.
This will of course work in any language but one thing I would highlight that it is already mentioned in the manuscript is that you will probably have to modify certain things depending on where you live and your demographics. I will definitely do that and I am looking forward to exploring this more and see where it takes me. I believe this is more than just a routine. Once you are familiar with this concept there is definitely a lot of things you can experiment with using it.
Clearly a lot of thought has gone into this and it sure deserves our attention. Very clever thinking and a refreshing approach to a classic plot in mentalism.
Message: Posted by: Stunninger (Jun 5, 2020 08:21PM)
I too was fortunate to receive a preview copy of XIDD from Christopher. Having read the manuscript, I haven't been this excited about an effect in a long time. This approach to the classic plot is refreshing indeed!

Think about this:

You ask a spectator to go into another room and draw something on a piece of paper, fold it up and put it in their pocket. Only then do they return to the room you are in. The spectator does not use a clip board or pad of paper, only the slip of paper they wrote on, folded and put in their pocket - where it remains. There is no force. There is no peek. There is no ID. No IS. No DR. No special pen or imp pad. No electronics. Yet somehow you are able to replicate their drawing. Impossible.

This brings me back to when I saw Uri Geller on tv as a child, when a person would go in another room, draw something and seal it in an envelope. Yet Uri was able to know what they drew. Impossible.

Yet now entirely possible with a method that is brilliant, clever and very refreshing.

Thank you Christopher for creating and sharing XIDD. It is wonderful!
Message: Posted by: Christopher_Rawlins (Jun 7, 2020 07:26AM)
Manos, Stunninger & Chris - thanks so much for taking the time to post your thoughts.

I'm really excited for this to launch tomorrow!

It will be available here: http://c-r-products.yolasite.com/XIDD.php tomorrow from 12 midday, UK time.

Everyone signed up on my website will receive an email tomorrow with a direct link to the product page.

Each PDF will be personalised and password protected and then emailed to you personally and within 24 hours, but in most cases much sooner.

I'll also be including some random gifts with some purchases as a thanks for your continued support of my work.

I'll be in touch,

Christopher
Message: Posted by: John C (Jun 7, 2020 09:26AM)
[quote]On Jun 5, 2020, Stunninger wrote:
I too was fortunate to receive a preview copy of XIDD from Christopher. Having read the manuscript, I haven't been this excited about an effect in a long time. This approach to the classic plot is refreshing indeed!

Think about this:

You ask a spectator to go into another room and draw something on a piece of paper, fold it up and put it in their pocket. Only then do they return to the room you are in. The spectator does not use a clip board or pad of paper, only the slip of paper they wrote on, folded and put in their pocket - where it remains. There is no force. There is no peek. There is no ID. No IS. No DR. No special pen or imp pad. No electronics. Yet somehow you are able to replicate their drawing. Impossible.

This brings me back to when I saw Uri Geller on tv as a child, when a person would go in another room, draw something and seal it in an envelope. Yet Uri was able to know what they drew. Impossible.

Yet now entirely possible with a method that is brilliant, clever and very refreshing.

Thank you Christopher for creating and sharing XIDD. It is wonderful! [/quote]

But, thatís impossible. Unless thereís a hole in his pocket and you got a peek.
Message: Posted by: DrewBstoss (Jun 7, 2020 08:06PM)
Chris kindly sent me a preview of the manuscript. In case anyone is wondering, he and I have only corresponded on a few occasions in the past, so this isn't a case of "friends-hyping-friends."

This brief review has been one of the most challenging I've ever written. It has gone through multiple iterations in an effort to condense my thoughts into the most coherent and helpful information I can impart to prospective buyers of XIDD.

The core approach of Chris' IDD ("Invisible Drawing Duplication") has, since its initial release back in 2015, received a polarized response. Some love it - some don't.

Proponents of IDD like the methodological conditions it allows: No peek, no impression, no anagrams, no PS, no DR, and you never touch their drawing. The participant can think of any simple drawing and it will appear as though you've duplicated it (or at least provide a "Geller-like" similar hit).

Opponents of IDD take the stance that there are numerous other methods which are more direct, sure-fire and natural than the compromises found within this approach.

This is largely an issue of taste. If you're familiar with Phedon Bilek's "Proteus" many of the same pros and cons apply here.

I fall somewhere in the middle of the above two extremes. I appreciate the outside-the-box thinking behind IDD and how well Chris has executed the idea... but, for my preferences and typical performing conditions, there are other techniques that suit me better to accomplish a drawing duplication.

If you aren't yet familiar with the method in play, I think the crux of your opinion will be based on how you feel about one necessary moment in the routine: When you insert YOUR drawing into the stack of blank cards and subsequently spread through that stack to show that your drawing matches (at least categorically) the participant's.

To help clarify this moment I encourage you to view the performance trailer (complete and uncut - a rare thing!) put out by Vanishing Inc. when IDD was released as a single download several years ago: https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-dvds/idd/

I personally don't love that moment. I fully admit that participants may not consciously register it as an unnecessary action - but I believe that my internal discomfort with the moment would telegraph something is amiss to my audiences. Like anything though - if you don't feel "guilty" then I'm sure you can make it fly. John Archer's contribution helps to alleviate this moment through mirrored choreography but I'm still left thinking that hiding MY drawing inside the stack seems illogical.

HAVING SAID ALL OF THAT, I can still sincerely recommend that you pick up XIDD for the following reasons:

1) I'm a big advocate of acquiring useful tools. IDD is a very clever approach with which to be familiar. Not every "tool" works for every "job" so there's value in having a variety of techniques at your disposal.

2) Following up from the previous point - it fits current performing limitations. IDD does allow you to perform a version of the drawing duplication premise over Zoom etc. Even in a live performing context it will function as a no-contact method. I think that this, or similar circumstances/conditions, is where IDD is a contender. If your presentation/routine makes a BIG point of the drawing happening REMOTELY from you (the performer) then IDD is absolutely worth a look. If it doesn't, maybe a different technique is the way to go.

3) The manuscript examines several different applications of the core idea beyond a drawing duplication. As someone who actively strives to "read between the lines" I appreciate that Chris encourages the reader to see the bigger picture of what the method makes possible. Luke Jermay's suggested application is particularly noteworthy.

I applaud Chris for pushing the basic concept behind IDD further and appreciated the opportunity to take a look at these newest ideas/applications.

Best wishes,

Drew
Message: Posted by: lucavolpe (Jun 8, 2020 07:31AM)
I got this from Chris and I will review in my Breakfast Mentalism, I honestly think that this is the best (if not the only) way to do a drawing duplication via ZOOM.
I was struggling to find a good routine and is really good and easy to do.
One tip: you can also use multiple people to do that ;)
Message: Posted by: Aaron Lucas (Jun 8, 2020 07:45AM)
Ok so I picked it up at launch and wow, just had a quick read and this is really REALLY good. Very excited to try which hopefully will be on my first zoom show at the weekend - eek.

This is what I want mentalist products to be like. Very impressed.
Message: Posted by: robd (Jun 9, 2020 06:59AM)
[quote]On Jun 7, 2020, John C wrote:
[quote]On Jun 5, 2020, Stunninger wrote:
I too was fortunate to receive a preview copy of XIDD from Christopher. Having read the manuscript, I haven't been this excited about an effect in a long time. This approach to the classic plot is refreshing indeed!

Think about this:

You ask a spectator to go into another room and draw something on a piece of paper, fold it up and put it in their pocket. Only then do they return to the room you are in. The spectator does not use a clip board or pad of paper, only the slip of paper they wrote on, folded and put in their pocket - where it remains. There is no force. There is no peek. There is no ID. No IS. No DR. No special pen or imp pad. No electronics. Yet somehow you are able to replicate their drawing. Impossible.

This brings me back to when I saw Uri Geller on tv as a child, when a person would go in another room, draw something and seal it in an envelope. Yet Uri was able to know what they drew. Impossible.

Yet now entirely possible with a method that is brilliant, clever and very refreshing.

Thank you Christopher for creating and sharing XIDD. It is wonderful! [/quote]

But, thatís impossible. Unless thereís a hole in his pocket and you got a peek. [/quote]

What we're doing is *supposed* to be impossible, no? That's an accurate description of what you can do with this. I've just finished reading it, and it's fantastic, well worth picking up.
Message: Posted by: Stunninger (Jun 9, 2020 02:41PM)
The XIDD method can be used for a lot more than drawing duplications. Really clever system with a broad range of possibilities.
Message: Posted by: Christopher_Rawlins (Jun 10, 2020 08:38AM)
Truly excited to say that XIDD is now available here: http://c-r-products.yolasite.com/XIDD.php

The feedback has been really wonderful, so thanks to all those that have purchased XIDD. It is always so great to hear that people are already using this!

If you are on facebook, Luca Volpe has reviewed XIDD here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/lucavolpeproductions/

I had someone ask this morning if the effects are only performable via digital means, so I wanted to clarify that everything in XIDD is performable in person and via digital means.

They work via FaceTime, Skype, Zoom, Facebook Messenger but just as well and with as much impact as in person.

When I started working with these concepts years ago it was mostly in person and via Skype with potential clients.

The reason why these notes are available now, and not when planned (which was in Drawing Thoughts Volume 3) is because the digital performance is more relevant at this time than it may ever be again.

I was also asked yesterday about the contents.

Contents include:

Origins - a discussion about where this concept came from and why XIDD exists and what exactly it is.
IDD System - explained in new detail and with extra clarity.
Never Shared Details - How to duplicate an image only thought of a not even drawn, how to be always hit and how to create the most impact when using these approaches for your audience, whether live or via digital means.
Some Other Thinking - John Archer & Luke Jermay Additions.
Extra Notes and Thoughts #1 - More ways to enhance elements of the IDD that allow for extra deception and one point that everyone misses, that's worth the price of the notes...
Test Condition Digital Drawing Mystery - An interactive experience for your friends, potential clients or as an incredible opener for your online shows. Fully interactive, and even less required from the performer AND an amazing way to get business cards into your clients/potential clients hands in a unique and memorable way. They will remember and re tell this experience, trust me. This has secured me work.
Extra Notes and Thoughts #2 - A note on Test Conditions Digital Drawing Mystery that flips the claim and turns it into an entirely different beast.
An Imagined Image - A duplication where the spectator never draws, writes, pick from a list, they just think of it and you know it.
A Star Sign Premonition - You predict the outcome of an event entirely out of your control.
A Name Prediction - A great and fun way to know who will be the last to speak on a Zoom meeting, plays even stronger in person.
More Mind Reading - Reveal two thoughts that the spectator never writes, draws or chooses from a list. Those who pay attention will realise that this opens up another universe of possibilities...
Things to Think About - A single page, that again worth the price of admission. Hints at ways to use these methods to reveal even more!
Credits - As important as everything else within XIDD's pages.

I hope this helps answer some asked and thought of questions.

I'll be in touch,

Christopher.

http://c-r-products.yolasite.com/XIDD.php
Message: Posted by: robd (Jun 11, 2020 02:13PM)
How's everyone finding this? Has anyone done it over Zoom/Skype yet?
Message: Posted by: Christopher_Rawlins (Jun 12, 2020 04:04PM)
For all those that have purchased, there will be a bonus handling sent out to you next week from Jan Forster. It will be sent to everyone that has purchased as a thank you.

More soon,

Christopher.
Message: Posted by: Steven Conner (Jun 12, 2020 04:13PM)
[quote]On Jun 12, 2020, Christopher_Rawlins wrote:
For all those that have purchased, there will be a bonus handling sent out to you next week from Jan Forster. It will be sent to everyone that has purchased as a thank you.

More soon,

Christopher. [/quote]

Thanks Christopher and look forward to it.

Best

Steve
Message: Posted by: JanForster (Jun 13, 2020 06:20AM)
There is not much to add to all the comments right here :) I really like Chris' approach and concept a lot. It is one of the most direct tools for a straight mind reading you might find. My proposition (the little video is already with Chris) is just a different handling (which I prefer for various reasons - you will find out why in the video...) for the same concept. Jan
Message: Posted by: Christopher_Rawlins (Jun 15, 2020 05:33AM)
The bonus PDF is now availble to all those who have purchased XIDD, you'll need a password to access the link, which was explained in an email I sent out today to all XIDD owners.

Thanks again for your support, more soon.

Christopher
Message: Posted by: Blindside785 (Jun 15, 2020 03:04PM)
Bonus pdf is fantastic and worth the entire purchase itself. Thank you Jan for your touches, very practical and something Iíll be using.
Message: Posted by: Rooster (Jun 16, 2020 05:22AM)
Find my review of XIDD here - https://youtu.be/qImdU6NlXHU
Message: Posted by: JanForster (Jun 16, 2020 05:30AM)
Good review! But your performance shows clearly why I came up with a different handling... it looks far too much like an invisible deck in a glass :) ... Jan
Message: Posted by: Rooster (Jun 16, 2020 12:05PM)
[quote]On Jun 16, 2020, JanForster wrote:
Good review! But your performance shows clearly why I came up with a different handling... it looks far too much like an invisible deck in a glass :) ... Jan [/quote]

Thank you! As my spectator was unaware what an Invisible Deck is he was still suitably impressed thankfully. That was the first time performing this effect and I have to be truthful to what is taught in the PDF, so as to not give an unfair review. I havenít seen or read about your handling, where can I find it?
Message: Posted by: Blindside785 (Jun 16, 2020 12:11PM)
[quote]On Jun 16, 2020, Rooster wrote:
[quote]On Jun 16, 2020, JanForster wrote:
Good review! But your performance shows clearly why I came up with a different handling... it looks far too much like an invisible deck in a glass :) ... Jan [/quote]

Thank you! As my spectator was unaware what an Invisible Deck is he was still suitably impressed thankfully. That was the first time performing this effect and I have to be truthful to what is taught in the PDF, so as to not give an unfair review. I havenít seen or read about your handling, where can I find it? [/quote]
Chris Rawlins sent an email to buyers with instructions, email him if you havenít gotten the email or check your spam..
Message: Posted by: Christopher_Rawlins (Jun 16, 2020 12:17PM)
I think we should all look at XIDD and choose what suits us the most. Jan - your handling is great, and I think Rooster did a great job too.

Although it's important to remember that with XIDD there are SO MANY options.

As you use it more and more you'll develop your own preferences and approaches too (I hope).

Roo's performance is essentially the original IDD, but this was his first performance with the system. So that should show you how wonderfully useable this is.

I enjoyed Roo's use of the glass, and we must remember that spectators aren't aware of any connection between this and ANYTHING with cards. Let alone an Invisible Deck.

I'm thrilled to say that I am receiving constant reports of success and use of the approaches within XIDD, and gratitude that I shared these new applications and details that take my IDD concept beyond what it first was in Drawing Thoughts.

Easter Egg - those that have Drawing Thoughts will see how you can use 'OIS' in the same way as Jan.

More soon,

Christopher.
Message: Posted by: Rooster (Jun 16, 2020 12:42PM)
[quote]On Jun 16, 2020, Blindside785 wrote:
[quote]On Jun 16, 2020, Rooster wrote:
[quote]On Jun 16, 2020, JanForster wrote:
Good review! But your performance shows clearly why I came up with a different handling... it looks far too much like an invisible deck in a glass :) ... Jan [/quote]

Thank you! As my spectator was unaware what an Invisible Deck is he was still suitably impressed thankfully. That was the first time performing this effect and I have to be truthful to what is taught in the PDF, so as to not give an unfair review. I havenít seen or read about your handling, where can I find it? [/quote]
Chris Rawlins sent an email to buyers with instructions, email him if you havenít gotten the email or check your spam.. [/quote]


Ahh that would explain why I donít have it. If Iíd have known of other handlings I wouldíve included mentioning them in the review. But as Chris mentions above Iím sure people will use this in various ways as itís that versatile.
Message: Posted by: Pixelated (Jun 16, 2020 12:42PM)
Hi chris, has Jan's handling been sent out? Thanks
Message: Posted by: Christopher_Rawlins (Jun 16, 2020 12:58PM)
Rooster - messaged you.

Pixelated - yes. You should have received an email? (It went to everyone that bought. Failing that, PM me. You'll need to own XIDD to access the bonus.

Thanks all.
Message: Posted by: Pixelated (Jun 16, 2020 01:02PM)
I'll try responding to the email again,thanks
Message: Posted by: Christopher_Rawlins (Jun 16, 2020 03:40PM)
[quote]On Jun 16, 2020, Pixelated wrote:
I'll try responding to the email again,thanks [/quote]

Great!
Message: Posted by: no2ss (Jun 17, 2020 12:14AM)
I haven't purchased this yet, though am familiar with the original IDD and will almost certainly pick this up soon.

Something Drew mentioned in his review intrigued me, where he mentioned what he felt was a weakness of this method, and mentioned Proteus as having similar "pros and cons." So I've been toying around in my head if you can turn both "weaknesses" into a strength, and actually combine Proteus with IDD (or I guess XIDD) to do something that would seem to cancel out the methods of each other... and effectively eliminate whatever minor "cons" there are on both. The more I'm toying with the idea, the more viable I think it is, and so I'm definitely looking forward to picking up XIDD soon.
Message: Posted by: Christopher_Rawlins (Jun 17, 2020 04:45AM)
[quote]On Jun 17, 2020, no2ss wrote:
I haven't purchased this yet, though am familiar with the original IDD and will almost certainly pick this up soon.

Something Drew mentioned in his review intrigued me, where he mentioned what he felt was a weakness of this method, and mentioned Proteus as having similar "pros and cons." So I've been toying around in my head if you can turn both "weaknesses" into a strength, and actually combine Proteus with IDD (or I guess XIDD) to do something that would seem to cancel out the methods of each other... and effectively eliminate whatever minor "cons" there are on both. The more I'm toying with the idea, the more viable I think it is, and so I'm definitely looking forward to picking up XIDD soon. [/quote]

I think that if you, you'll be VERY happy with your purchase.
Message: Posted by: DrewBstoss (Jun 17, 2020 05:08PM)
Hi no2ss - hope you're well man!

When I referenced a similarity to "Proteus" I was tip-toeing around the issues of limitations/restrictions of the possible drawings (though this shouldn't be perceived by a participant) and the possibility of missing (rare no doubt in the case of XIDD, but could happen).

It sounds as though you and I are thinking along similar lines in supplementing the engine behind XIDD by layering it with other ideas.

After Jan shared his handling with me (it's EXCELLENT by the way - if I were to perform XIDD I'd use a slight adjustment to Jan's) I had the following idea. This will only make sense to those who know Jan's approach:

First try to psi force the image - and use XIDD as plan B.

So, you'd deliver the script in an attempt to psi force (X) and then pick up the first card to commit yourself to the image you believe the participant has in mind. Then, per Jan's choreography/routining, place the drawing back into the stack and remove a new card. This time you'd draw the image you attempted to psi force and lay it on the table.

Invite the participant to draw the image they have in mind.

If the psi force hits you can CLEANLY show that the ONE card you placed down on the table matches.

If the force doesn't hit you can still end successfully with Jan's handling.

My initial review only referenced the material/approaches taught WITHIN the manuscript. If you're able to think creatively and mix Chris' great idea with others then this can become an even more powerful and personalized tool.

Best wishes,

Drew
Message: Posted by: Christopher_Rawlins (Jun 18, 2020 02:24AM)
I'm still surprised that with XIDD people seem to be drawing focus towards images. Although that's a strong avenue to explore (As we all know, I love to duplicate drawings) and one that the book dedicates a lot towards, XIDD allows for so much more.

Read between the lines and break the box.

Then you'll see a whole new perspective on what is possible with my concept and the details within XIDD.

Here to help or answer any questions, just email me or PM me here.

I'll be in touch,

Christopher
Message: Posted by: James Warren (Jun 18, 2020 11:42PM)
Is it necessary or advisable to purchase IDD along with XIDD, or can I just purchase XIDD alone because it explains most or all of the material in the original release?
Message: Posted by: Christopher_Rawlins (Jun 19, 2020 01:31AM)
[quote]On Jun 19, 2020, James Warren wrote:
Is it necessary or advisable to purchase IDD along with XIDD, or can I just purchase XIDD alone because it explains most or all of the material in the original release? [/quote]

Not at all James.

Great thing is, XIDD notes will teach you everything you need to know, and more. http://c-r-products.yolasite.com/XIDD.php

I hope that helps.

Chirstopher
Message: Posted by: James Warren (Jun 19, 2020 07:14PM)
[quote]On Jun 19, 2020, Christopher_Rawlins wrote:
[quote]On Jun 19, 2020, James Warren wrote:
Is it necessary or advisable to purchase IDD along with XIDD, or can I just purchase XIDD alone because it explains most or all of the material in the original release? [/quote]

Not at all James.

Great thing is, XIDD notes will teach you everything you need to know, and more. http://c-r-products.yolasite.com/XIDD.php
--------------------

Thanks! Will order.


I hope that helps.

Chirstopher [/quote]
Message: Posted by: James Warren (Jun 19, 2020 07:15PM)
Thanks -- will order!
Message: Posted by: Christopher_Rawlins (Jun 20, 2020 06:12AM)
Thank You!
Message: Posted by: BMWGuy (Jun 21, 2020 03:27AM)
I just finished reading XIDD, I have the original so I thought I would pick this up to see the extra bits and pieces that Chris has added.

What I like about the pdf is that Chris takes you through the origins, then the original IDD, then some extra bits never shared before and finally some ways you can use it to enhance the effect and make it much stronger

Chris has upped his game this time because he gives you more ideas and things to think about and letís your creativity run wild

There is also contributions from John Archer and Luke Jermay which both are worth their weight in gold as we know both are workers.

You canít go wrong with this release because it will elevate IDD if you already do it as well as give you something to think about how you want to use this for your shows and performances

Alex
Message: Posted by: Christopher_Rawlins (Jun 22, 2020 11:39AM)
[quote]On Jun 21, 2020, BMWGuy wrote:
I just finished reading XIDD, I have the original so I thought I would pick this up to see the extra bits and pieces that Chris has added.

What I like about the pdf is that Chris takes you through the origins, then the original IDD, then some extra bits never shared before and finally some ways you can use it to enhance the effect and make it much stronger

Chris has upped his game this time because he gives you more ideas and things to think about and letís your creativity run wild

There is also contributions from John Archer and Luke Jermay which both are worth their weight in gold as we know both are workers.

You canít go wrong with this release because it will elevate IDD if you already do it as well as give you something to think about how you want to use this for your shows and performances

Alex [/quote]

Thanks Alex, so glad you are enjoying XIDD.
Message: Posted by: Christopher_Rawlins (Jun 23, 2020 07:49AM)
A quick update, anyone interested in a Physical copy of XIDD - I have printed a very small batch, which will be available from tomorrow to all those signed up at: http://c-r-products.yolasite.com/Register-Interest.php

Literally a handful of copies, as I like to print each set of notes for myself.

Thanks so much to everyone for the support, and I'm so glad that you are all enjoying XIDD.

More soon,

Chris
Message: Posted by: Christopher_Rawlins (Jun 29, 2020 04:45AM)
Hey Everyone,

I thought it would be fun and a small way to do a good thing and offer a free copy of XIDD to someone at random.

For anyone who doesn't yet have a copy of XIDD, and would like to be in for a chance to win a complimentory copy, please just sign up here: http://c-r-products.yolasite.com/Register-Interest.php

I'll add everyone that enters into a list, from which A name will be drawn at random.

Good luck!

Christopher
Message: Posted by: Adam Hince (Jun 30, 2020 08:33AM)
I woke up today to an email in my inbox from Chris, informing me that I had won a giveaway copy! Iíll be reading it this week and will share my thoughts here.

Thanks, Chris!
-AH
Message: Posted by: Christopher_Rawlins (Jul 8, 2020 05:35AM)
[quote]On Jun 30, 2020, Adam Hince wrote:
I woke up today to an email in my inbox from Chris, informing me that I had won a giveaway copy! Iíll be reading it this week and will share my thoughts here.

Thanks, Chris!
-AH [/quote]

More than welcome Adam.

I'm excited to hear your thoughts.

Additionally, I have something exciting that is at the printers, an email will be going out this week to all those signed up at: http://c-r-products.yolasite.com/Register-Interest.php

Very limited numbers of this upcoming project.

Lots of exciting projects to come, and thanks again for everyone that has invested in XIDD.

Christopher
Message: Posted by: Gordon Astley (Jul 15, 2020 05:39PM)
[quote]On Jun 13, 2020, JanForster wrote:
There is not much to add to all the comments right here :) I really like Chris' approach and concept a lot. It is one of the most direct tools for a straight mind reading you might find. My proposition (the little video is already with Chris) is just a different handling (which I prefer for various reasons - you will find out why in the video...) for the same concept. Jan [/quote]

Jan. I love your Ďvariationí on IDD. Did you provide a list of your 24 objects?
Message: Posted by: Thomsc (Jul 16, 2020 08:06AM)
Seconded, Jan. Very nice handling of this excellent idea. I'd also like to see your 24 drawings!
Message: Posted by: Christopher_Rawlins (Jul 31, 2020 08:55AM)
I'm sure that with enough kind requests, and time permitting, Jan will be happy to share his images when he has a spare moment.

Happy to say that XIDD the physical booklet is now available from Murphy's and most likely a Magic shop near you.

The PDF remains exclusively available from me at: http://c-r-products.yolasite.com/XIDD.php

I'm also curious to hear how Adam Hince got on with XIDD, again whenever he has time.

Thanks again all,

Exciting things to come, stay tuned!

Christopher
Message: Posted by: no2ss (Jul 31, 2020 07:54PM)
I still haven't picked this up though it remains on my shopping list... is Jan's handling available with it when we purchase? Is that only available if we purchase the PDF from you or also if we buy the book from a Murphy's dealer?
Message: Posted by: Christopher_Rawlins (Aug 1, 2020 01:20AM)
The Jan handling is available when purchased from me and is not included with the physical booklet from Murphy's and other magic dealers.

Jan's handling will be included with booklets purchased from my site (when they are back in stock)

For now, XIDD with Jan's bonus is available as a PDF.

No2ss - should you decide to take the plunge, you'll find value in XIDD.
Message: Posted by: no2ss (Aug 1, 2020 01:46AM)
[quote]On Aug 1, 2020, Christopher_Rawlins wrote:
The Jan handling is available when purchased from me and is not included with the physical booklet from Murphy's and other magic dealers.

Jan's handling will be included with booklets purchased from my site (when they are back in stock)

For now, XIDD with Jan's bonus is available as a PDF.

No2ss - should you decide to take the plunge, you'll find value in XIDD. [/quote]

Thanks! Oh, I know I will... Just trying to space out purchases (and am still waiting to receive Un-Luck, which I'm sure will arrive soon). But I'll probably break down and buy it very soon.