(Close Window)
Topic: TAB by Nicholas Lawrence
Message: Posted by: NicholasLawrenceMagic (Jun 2, 2020 11:19AM)
Hey Everyone, this is my newest product TAB.. Its a version of the Bite & Restored plot, using a Pull Tab off a can of soda. (Handmade Gimmick Included) As youíll see in the trailer, Iíve eliminated the magical bite and made it more about the restoration. You Actually bite and crack off a piece of the TAB and just like all the others, you spit it back on magically. Iíve included some psychokinetic effects as well, a bending and un-bending pull tab effect. I also taught my effect Canic, where the Tab can restore back onto the can and be handed out for examination.

Something to consider, I truly believe that using an organic disposable item such as a pull tab makes this effect feel more magical and unexpected and I think youíll see what I mean if you actually perform this for people and see the great reactions it gets. TAB is sold exclusively on my website, details in the YouTube video description below. I hope you like the effects and help support my new endeavor by purchasing one.. or 2 from my New online store. Thanks Guys!

TAB Trailer - https://youtu.be/Adk_axzjuS8
Love this mans creations...always so good! super nice guy! helped me fixed an older flap gimmick at magifest in 2018 I think? anyways thanks nic! bought tab right away
Message: Posted by: NicholasLawrenceMagic (Jun 2, 2020 11:46AM)
[quote]On Jun 2, 2020, Magicalos wrote:
Love this mans creations...always so good! super nice guy! helped me fixed an older flap gimmick at magifest in 2018 I think? anyways thanks nic! bought tab right away [/quote]

Hey! I remember that! I always try my best to help others any way I can, Iím glad youíve enjoyed my creations & continue to support my work! Thankyou so much..
Ordered!
Very clean. Unfortunately wonít be ordering from the US.
Message: Posted by: NicholasLawrenceMagic (Jun 2, 2020 03:06PM)
[quote]On Jun 2, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Very clean. Unfortunately wonít be ordering from the US. [/quote]

Thankyou! I understand, there is a lot going on right now. Iím sure Iíll have some in stock when youíre ready. All the best!
Youíre welcome. It would definitely be worth you sending a bulk load over to Saturn or similar to sell this side of the pond.
Message: Posted by: NicholasLawrenceMagic (Jun 2, 2020 05:15PM)
Youíre welcome. It would definitely be worth you sending a bulk load over to Saturn or similar to sell this side of the pond. [/quote]

Iíll consider that! The gimmicks take awhile to make and are semi disposable like a (sharpie through card gimmick) use it till it wears down and breaks, which could be months or years.. I have these plans for exclusive effects like this one for my site but I can see myself eventually sending a bulk order once sales here slow down.

Do you mind me asking why you wonít order from the US? Is it a shipping price thing? Just wanted to say, Thatís one of the reasons I priced this item at $20, so after $10-$15 shipping itís still a reasonable price.
Just bought. Super excited to get this. Will review as soon as I get it.
[quote]On Jun 2, 2020, NicholasLawrenceMagic wrote:
Youíre welcome. It would definitely be worth you sending a bulk load over to Saturn or similar to sell this side of the pond. [/quote]

Iíll consider that! The gimmicks take awhile to make and are semi disposable like a (sharpie through card gimmick) use it till it wears down and breaks, which could be months or years.. I have these plans for exclusive effects like this one for my site but I can see myself eventually sending a bulk order once sales here slow down.

Do you mind me asking why you wonít order from the US? Is it a shipping price thing? Just wanted to say, Thatís one of the reasons I priced this item at $20, so after $10-$15 shipping itís still a reasonable price. [/quote]

Shipping costs. Imagine 100 in the U.K. buying this at 15 Bucks, each, for shipping, as opposed to you sending 100 over for the same 15 Bucks.
I bought No Choice Wallet from Mark Mason in the states so there was shipping cost plus another £12 customs charge
Got this and very well made and easy to use. Very nice effect.
Pegasus, you're not taking into account that he might only be getting $10 per unit (minus the manufacturing costs) if he was wholesaling it to, say, Saturn. So it makes more sense for him to sell it himself.

But of course as a consumer, it's nice if we could save money as well.

All the best,
Dan
Message: Posted by: NicholasLawrenceMagic (Jun 3, 2020 02:05PM)
[quote]On Jun 3, 2020, pegasus wrote:
[quote]On Jun 2, 2020, NicholasLawrenceMagic wrote:

Do you mind me asking why you wonít order from the US? Is it a shipping price thing? Just wanted to say, Thatís one of the reasons I priced this item at $20, so after $10-$15 shipping itís still a reasonable price. [/quote]

Shipping costs. Imagine 100 in the U.K. buying this at 15 Bucks, each, for shipping, as opposed to you sending 100 over for the same 15 Bucks. [/quote]

I agree, I will consider it in the future.I appreciate your interest in TAB, Iím currently trying to build up my retail store from scratch and Exclusive items help with that. Also,certain products are more suited for Exclusivity, whether it be for cost, limited availability ect.. Iíve got lots more great products in the works that Iíll be sending to Murphyís so they can be available from your favorite magic dealer.
Just tell Mark Mason to write educational purposes on the package and you will never get a customs charge . You canít be charged itís a fact , Magic is an education .
I do agree you have to remind the US dealers to write this on as they donít always remember .
I have just ordered some items from Richard Sanders and he has written this on the packaging for me , best wishes Gaz 🙂
Message: Posted by: NicholasLawrenceMagic (Jun 3, 2020 03:52PM)
[quote]On Jun 3, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Just tell Mark Mason to write educational purposes on the package and you will never get a customs charge . You canít be charged itís a fact , Magic is an education .
I do agree you have to remind the US dealers to write this on as they donít always remember .
I have just ordered some items from Richard Sanders and he has written this on the packaging for me , best wishes Gaz 🙂 [/quote]

I guarantee I will write this on every international order from this point forward!! Iíve actually heard this before, Thankyou for reminding me!
Thanks Nicholas it can make a huge difference Gaz 🙂
Message: Posted by: Infographicmagicreviews (Jun 8, 2020 10:22PM)
Did anyone receive this yet? I already bought a lot of stuff from vanishing inc this month. I would only get it if people say it's good. (save my wallet..)
Received yesterday. Have not looked at video for more than a few minutes when I received the link. Prop is well made and as long as you carry in the case supplied it should be safe in the pocket.
[quote]On Jun 9, 2020, magicmind wrote:
Received yesterday. Have not looked at video for more than a few minutes when I received the link. Prop is well made and as long as you carry in the case supplied it should be safe in the pocket. [/quote]

same here! seems to be well made, need to watch the video
Good review by Fiddlinjonny on YouTube, I too have been stung by custom charges from USA,but have had a few things from Penguin which came okay,
Is anybody's gimmick a little slow going back? Mine takes a few seconds right out of the box to restore... I love this but I think my gimmick is too loose /:
Message: Posted by: NicholasLawrenceMagic (Jun 16, 2020 04:19PM)
[quote]On Jun 15, 2020, codydavismagic wrote:
Is anybody's gimmick a little slow going back? Mine takes a few seconds right out of the box to restore... I love this but I think my gimmick is too loose /: [/quote]

Hey Cody this really shouldnít happen often, Not sure why itís doing that as I test each one just before packaging but Im happy to send you a replacement today.
Sent a message. Thanks
Message: Posted by: NicholasLawrenceMagic (Jun 17, 2020 12:19AM)
Here is another review from Magic Orthodoxy, check it out.

Tab Review: https://youtu.be/DAAf73sacVo
Cool. An update of the great classic. So refreshing!
Placed my order, got charged just over £10 for shipping to London, sounds fair to me? (I ordered a 3 pack as well)
Very good idea, can't wait!
I just watch the review from David. one question pop up is..heal and sealed.
is that something nick can teach since it is from someone else?
[quote]On Jun 20, 2020, Troyze wrote:
I just watch the review from David. one question pop up is..heal and sealed.
is that something nick can teach since it is from someone else? [/quote]

He doesn't teach Healed and Sealed, David was just mentioning it as something that would work well with Tab. Nicholas does teach his own effect Canic though on the Tab download.
Iíve seen Nicholas perform this for real people and the reactions are just insane. Itís almost unfair how well this plays out based solely on the fact of how easy it is to perform. I canít think of a better summertime backyard style impromptu feeling magic trick.

Think of it from the audiences point of view.

They ask to see a trick. You hesitate as you tap your pockets saying ďI donít really have anything with me.... actually... let me see that soda can real quickĒ.

BOOM. Eat it/bend it. Restore it.. Hand it back to them.

From the audiences point of view thatís a miracle folks!

Good enough to keep the cards at home if you ask me.

10/10 Nicholas!
Got my replacement gimmick in the mail. Wow did that make a difference. For 20 dollars this is a steal. Comparing this to the Keybite by E, and the traditional coin bite, I really love this, especially considering price. I have no problems with the coin bite, but do with keybite (although I loved the concept). Here is why this is better. You can show the gimmick on both sides, even when the bite is taken out of it, it is not double the thickness of a traditional pop tab, and honestly the cuts are disguised super super well. Do yourself a favor and pick this gimmick up! You won't be disappointed.
Has anyone in Europe ordered it? And if yes how long did it take to arrive? Ordered mine on June 18th and nothing since - tracking number still says my order is in Vegas...
Also - does anyone know how to best contact Nicholas? I sent him an email on Friday using the order email I received and I havenít had any answer since so he might be using a different email address?

Thanks!
Ben
Probably via fb or instagram.

if you are asking about your order...you should be expecting like 1-2 month wait time due to the virus.

and the tracking is useless since it doesn't really track anything. it's like fake tracking. it shows that it left US and that it enters your country. that is all

[quote]On Aug 4, 2020, goldeneye007 wrote:
Also - does anyone know how to best contact Nicholas? I sent him an email on Friday using the order email I received and I havenít had any answer since so he might be using a different email address?

Thanks!
Ben [/quote]
[quote]On Aug 4, 2020, Troyze wrote:
Probably via fb or instagram.

if you are asking about your order...you should be expecting like 1-2 month wait time due to the virus.

and the tracking is useless since it doesn't really track anything. it's like fake tracking. it shows that it left US and that it enters your country. that is all

[quote]On Aug 4, 2020, goldeneye007 wrote:

Thanks!
Ben [/quote] [/quote]
Oh wow - up to 2 months? I have ordered a few other things from the US and all my orders arrived within 4 weeks... but ok then thanks! :) will wait another couple of weeks before reaching out to him again then, thank you!