(Close Window)
Topic: TCC Artisan Cups and Balls
Has anyone purchased these? They look really nice. I was wondering if they really have a nice ring to them.
I bought a set from Michael Ammar. They are very nice cups. I would not say they ring like a bell or anything. They are machined cups. If you search the Magic Cafť for the Micheal Ammar cups, someone has a YouTube video on how they sound.

Regards,
Daniel
I just pulled out my set and checked the ring.
It is about 1260-hz (a little higher than Eb 6) with a secondary peak at 3400-hz (around A7).
The duration lasts for about 1 second.

Regards,
Daniel
I have a set as well which I purchased from Michael Ammar. If a cup is placed mouth up on the palm of my hand and struck with a sharpie or a wand, it will ring for about 11 seconds. The fundamental pitch of each of these cups is also around 1260 Hz (E-flat 6).

I personally think that the sonic properties of the TCC Artisan Cups are one of their strong points. They are indeed very nice cups.
I'm curious how the ring is compared to the 1000-G cups. If you watch the video at kristiancharles.com/1000-g. The rings are about a minute in right before the actual cups start showing.
You guys are great! Thanks for sharing! Iím stoked to get a set. They look fantastic.
[quote]On Jun 21, 2020, kcmagic1 wrote:
I'm curious how the ring is compared to the 1000-G cups. If you watch the video at kristiancharles.com/1000-g. The rings are about a minute in right before the actual cups start showing. [/quote]

There is not a set I could find that would last nearly as long as the 1000-G cups and the pitch of the ringing is perfect.
Jake Jr.
Hmmm. are we playing music or doing magic?
Why not both?

Seriously though, it depends on the tastes of the magician. My opinion is that I like the nice ringing sound of well made cups. Some magicians may not as it may get on their nerves. One ring to reference bells as part of the act. Continuous inadvertent rings during the performance (which could be corrected through practice) may annoy.

Regards,
Daniel
[quote]On Jul 16, 2020, 61magic wrote:
Hmmm. are we playing music or doing magic? [/quote]
It's all about getting attention
I just got a set 2 weeks ago... they are PERFECT! No complains .. especially for that price, they are heavy, stacks like a dream, holds a tennis ball, when you put three balls on the saddle it nests perfectly.. and not to itís important to me the ringgggggggggggggggggggggggggg...... is very nice, the only complain I have is to they donít have a chop cup.
I own penguin cups, rnt2 foxy 3, Pfd cups and many sets of rubbish chinaindia cups.
Have you seen what they have been teasing on their Facebook? ENGRAVED CUPS!
I see everyone is out. So that means it's probably discontinued bummer!!!!!
Allen
It's showing as available on the TCC website. If you order from them, have a little patience with the shipping because it's coming from China but expect to get it.

https://www.tccpresents.com/collections/magic-art/products/cups-and-balls
Ekins Thanks for letting me know.
Allen