(Close Window)
Topic: The Elvis Peek
For the past 5 years or so I've been in search of the "perfect" full billet peek using business cards. I don't like folding or tearing my business cards, so I wanted a peek that would not require the card to be folded or torn. I also wanted a peek that would work 100% of the time with dry hands, as my hands get very dry in the winter. Another design requirement was no restrictions where the subject could write on the card. Another requirement was I wanted to start clean and end clean, being able to set the cards down on the table, or hand them to the spectator to with no worry...nothing out of place...nothing to find.

I also wanted the spectator to be able to put their card in the stack, rather than me. I also wanted them to be able to mix up the cards if they chose to.

Of course the peek had to be deceptive. But I also wanted the handling to appear to "prove" that a peek could not have occured. I know, I know, some will say this is "running when not being chased." And from one perspective it certainly is. But it is a feature I designed into this specific handling, and one I quite like.

After years of experimentation with different methods and sequencing, I came up with 4 different handlings. All similar in some ways, different in others. All 4 use classic, well-known principles. So the core methods are not new, but to the best of my knowledge, the specific handlings are.

One of the 4 handlings I find particularly useful. It is one of the easiest to execute full billet peeks I've ever used. It's called The Elvis Peek. It is ideal for a one-on-one reading and allows enough time to read a short question, a design duplication, a name, star sign, number,or many other pieces of information.

A small number of review copies have gone out to those I know and trust. I will be giving away one copy to the first person who successfully guesses why the peek is named as it is. Please post your guesses on this thread.

Why is this called The Elvis Peek?

Was Elvis secretly a mentalist?

Did Elvis perform mind reading professionally under a stage name?

Did he actually invent a business card peek decades ago that has stayed underground all this time?

Does this peek involve jelly donuts?

Which Elvis are we talking about?

Is the peek's name actually an acronym which describes its key features?

Is "The Elvis Peek" really an anagram?

Is there another explanation all together?

Good luck, and...

Thank you very much.
"Always On My Mind"?

Bad guess. But I want in. :)
Hi, happy to try my luck :)

Does it relates with Only You song sung by Elvis?

[youtube]Ao3vOCDZd-Y[/youtube]
Elvis... the Pelvis!
Easy! Elvis was known for liking hamburgers, and the meat (info) is sandwiched in a bun (two blank cards) and you get the peek from this position. :D

All the best,
Dan
Elvis NEVER sung Only You
I hope this leaves spectators all shook up without suspiscious minds...
It left the building.....
Cause he died on the toilet and possibly the peak resembles that of an open toilet lid.
If I Can Dream ....

If I can dream I can really read a spectator's mind

If I can dream I am a brilliant performer

If I dream I can present miracles

If I can dream Stunninger's release is the ultimate in peeks

If I can dream ...
[quote]On Jun 29, 2020, dyoung wrote:
Easy! Elvis was known for liking hamburgers, and the meat (info) is sandwiched in a bun (two blank cards) and you get the peek from this position. :D

All the best,
Dan [/quote]

His favourite sandwich was peanut butter, banana and bacon and I think he preferred that to burgers. In fact, I've just channeled him and he confirms this to be the case. Or he would if he was actually dead and not leading an anonymous life in Kettering.

It's called the Elvis peek because he went in deep cover after faking his death and this peek is about getting information under deep cover. Ahahah thank you ma'am.
[quote]On Jun 29, 2020, Nathan Alexander wrote:
"Always On My Mind"?[/quote]

Beat me to it! Good luck.
Itís called the Elvis peek because it involves twisting the card like Elvis twisted his hips.

Madison
Is it called the Elvis peek because it's good enough to get you a Vegas residency until you become rich and fat?
Did you invent it on the toilet? And were you all shook up...
You sneak your look at the card which is secretly in your hand whilst you mop your sweaty forehead with a towel which you then throw into the particpants face.

Or else you are using the reflective potential of the shiny stones on your white jumpsuit.

:)
Elvis TCB (Taking care of business) because thatís what you do with the cards.
Costello: My Aim Is True
I guess it "veils" your peeking moment from spec gaze?
Thanks to all who have taken a shot! Some great guesses!

No one has even come close.

But don't give up. Keep trying until 7 days after my OP.

With all the clever people here, someone is bound to get it eventually.

Surprised no one has mentioned anything about aliens...

Thanks for your participation. Keep it up...and good luck!
It only takes One Pair of Hands.
"Why is this called The Elvis Peek?"
Because there have been numerous Elvis "Sightings" for the past 40-years.

If this is about Elvis Costello (the other 'Elvis") it could be because he was signed to "Stiff" records.
I now it:
Oh, I'm an alien, I'm a legal alien
I'm an Englishman in New York
Oh, I'm an alien...
I was fortunate enough to get a preview copy of this and although I loved his previous work, I already had 2 great full view p**ks I've been using for several years. I know we all search for that one ******r t**r that is better than the rest and that one full p**k that is better as well. It seems that most suffer from unusual "procedure" in some ways. Yes, I'm able to justify it well enough to work but it always locks me into a certain pattern that is required to make everything work. The Elvis Peek solves all of that in such an elegant solution that I can use it in so many ways to switch it up depending on the routine or even situation on the fly. My others also always required such a quick view that it was ok for a small word, number or VERY simple drawing but drew too much heat for anything more complex. This solves all of that giving you chance to get a full question or more complex drawing with ease! I'll admit that I can't see using any other method after this. Without going into too many details, they write something down on a card, they insert it anywhere in a stack of cards (On the table if you want), they mix the cards, you have them visualize it and then give them the answer. It's clean, adaptable and very deceptive. Yes, it took a few minutes to make up the first time (VERY basic) but that's it! This will clearly be my new go to method. Thank you for the thinking and care that went into this wonderful new release!
Stunninger was kind enough to send me a copy and it's what we've come to expect.
Practical, workable simple and direct. His explanations are consistently easy to follow and well paced.
Recently I've been using full card peeks more often and appreciate not having to rush that special moment. This gives you plenty of time and is about as straight forward as it gets.
Bills engaging routine justifies the moment perfectly, and has a built in time delay.
This is something I'll absolutely be using.
Bill is the humble opposite of a squeaky wheel, but anything he offers is worth paying close attention too. This is a no brainer to have in the arsenal.
Thanks tons for sharing Stunninger I'm excited to put this to use.
Oh! I hope this isn't tipping too much but..
It's called the Elvis Peek due to a cover move involving fake side burns and gyrating. The core idea traces back to the very situational Bob Hope peek in 13 Steps I believe.
Can't sleep so I'll toss an entry into the bucket: It's called the Elvis Peek, because Elvis "Peaked" in 1961 with his "Something for Everybody" album, which is the same year that 13 Steps was published as a book. The coincidence is simply too strong, and because the "Elvis Peek" is also "something for everybody" it just works.

This is, of course, wrong, but someone else beat me to trying to make it about Elvis Costello, so I ran out of ideas. I'm not even going to try to work out a connection to baseball player Elvis Andrus.
"Why is this called The Elvis Peek?"

"Elvis" is a shortcut from the spanish term "el vistazo" which means something like "the sight", "the insight".

Muchos saludos,
kollo
Elvis=King of rock n roll
Elvis Peek=King of peeks
It's because you take the peek after it 'leaves the building'
This thread has certainly 'piqued' a lot of interest.
Was sent the Elvis Peek by Stunninger and as is the case with his other material - the directions are thorough, the method is simple and the actions are motivated. In the context of how Bill is presenting it, everything feels natural and will go unnoticed. Nice work Stunninger! The hits keep coming.
Return to Sender...
She wrote upon it...
Bright and early next morning it came right back to me...

This time Iím gonna take it myself and put it right in her hand...
The writing on it...
Return to sender...
When Elvis appeared on the Ed Sullivan show they filmed him from the waist up such was the sheer sexual provocativeness of his gyrating hips.

With this peek, the main misdirection is your gyrating hips as you channel the supposedly hidden information. It's the only way.
I am sure the clarity of Stunninger's peek will dispel any 'Suspicious Minds.'
[quote]On Jul 1, 2020, NeilS wrote:
I am sure the clarity of Stunninger's peek will dispel any 'Suspicious Minds.' [/quote]

Get your own jokes, I bagged that song title several posts ago.
If he comes out with The Madonna Peek we'll need an intervention :)
[quote]On Jul 1, 2020, David Numen wrote:
I am sure the clarity of Stunninger's peek will dispel any 'Suspicious Minds.' [/quote]

Get your own jokes, I bagged that song title several posts ago. [/quote]

Sorry David, I didn't see. Guess I'd better go and sulk In the Ghetto.
[quote]On Jul 1, 2020, David Numen wrote:

Get your own jokes, I bagged that song title several posts ago. [/quote]

Sorry David, I didn't see. Guess I'd better go and sulk In the Ghetto. [/quote]

Who's Sorry Now?
It looks as if this thread could be Never Ending.
It looks as if this thread could be Never Ending. [/quote]

And this is only the first part of the trilogy...the American trilogy
It looks as if this thread could be Never Ending. [/quote]

Yep... it's caught in a trap...
[quote]On Jun 30, 2020, Ray Pierce wrote:
I was fortunate enough to get a preview copy of this and although I loved his previous work, I already had 2 great full view p**ks I've been using for several years. I know we all search for that one ******r t**r that is better than the rest and that one full p**k that is better as well. It seems that most suffer from unusual "procedure" in some ways. Yes, I'm able to justify it well enough to work but it always locks me into a certain pattern that is required to make everything work. The Elvis Peek solves all of that in such an elegant solution that I can use it in so many ways to switch it up depending on the routine or even situation on the fly. My others also always required such a quick view that it was ok for a small word, number or VERY simple drawing but drew too much heat for anything more complex. This solves all of that giving you chance to get a full question or more complex drawing with ease! I'll admit that I can't see using any other method after this. Without going into too many details, they write something down on a card, they insert it anywhere in a stack of cards (On the table if you want), they mix the cards, you have them visualize it and then give them the answer. It's clean, adaptable and very deceptive. Yes, it took a few minutes to make up the first time (VERY basic) but that's it! This will clearly be my new go to method. Thank you for the thinking and care that went into this wonderful new release! [/quote]

Ray, thank you so much for taking the time to post your review! I am delighted to read your comments and so happy you find value in The Elvis Peek :)

Bill
[quote]On Jun 30, 2020, 252life wrote:
Stunninger was kind enough to send me a copy and it's what we've come to expect.
Practical, workable simple and direct. His explanations are consistently easy to follow and well paced.
Recently I've been using full card peeks more often and appreciate not having to rush that special moment. This gives you plenty of time and is about as straight forward as it gets.
Bills engaging routine justifies the moment perfectly, and has a built in time delay.
This is something I'll absolutely be using.
Bill is the humble opposite of a squeaky wheel, but anything he offers is worth paying close attention too. This is a no brainer to have in the arsenal.
Thanks tons for sharing Stunninger I'm excited to put this to use. [/quote]

252life, Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback and for taking the time to post your thoughts! Thrilled that you enjoy the routine :)

Bill
[quote]On Jun 30, 2020, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
Was sent the Elvis Peek by Stunninger and as is the case with his other material - the directions are thorough, the method is simple and the actions are motivated. In the context of how Bill is presenting it, everything feels natural and will go unnoticed. Nice work Stunninger! The hits keep coming. [/quote]

Mr. Mindbender, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments! Really pleased you like The Elvis Peek, and hope you get good use from it :)

Bill
Oooooh, this has picked my interest ! :O

When will it be released ?!
Obviously a typo. You meant ELFISH. It comes complete with a small mythical creature who does all the work while the magician
gets all the acclaim.
[quote]On Jul 2, 2020, Barry Gitelson wrote:
Obviously a typo. You meant ELFISH. It comes complete with a small mythical creature who does all the work while the magician
gets all the acclaim. [/quote]

Elfish sounds like a request a drunk Scots would make at a karaoke bar.
There's no specific reason other than that was what you chose to call it.
[quote]Elfish sounds like a request a drunk Scots would make at a karaoke bar. [/quote]

Exactly.
During a deep state of meditation you could see the future and you saw your manuscript named "The Elvis Peek". So you named it in this way avoiding a time paradox and the destruction of our universe. And by the way, thank you. :bg:
Where can you get this?
All the Elvis puns aside I'd like to take a moment to commend Stunninger for the way he conducts business here - it's a model many could do with following.

Firstly, judging by the reviews I've read and the item I personally received, his work is excellent. Well thought out and structured - stuff actually WORTH releasing.

Secondly, he chooses a variety of people to receive his items for free in order to review and I can tell from the language used that the reviews are honest - not people looking to buddy up but people expressing their genuine opinons.

Of course, he wouldn't do the second unless the first was true and he was sure enough of his material and THIS is why we have an absence of people following this model. I really now think that certain people who keep striving to keep their latest releases on the front page of this "room" at the Cafť and DON'T follow the model know full well that they are releasing weak and derivative nonsense that wouldn't really pass muster.

So let's celebrate Stunninger! Hooray for a genuine soul.
No idea what this is like, but his Freek Peek is a great little thing and, based on that, Iím sure this will be very very good for those who get to learn it.

Just to throw a guess into the mix... maybe the peek resembles Elvisí quiff (way card/billet positioned).

Cheers 👍
[quote]On Jul 2, 2020, Johnsypoppins wrote:
No idea what this is like, but his Freek Peek is a great little thing and, based on that, Iím sure this will be very very good for those who get to learn it.

Just to throw a guess into the mix... maybe the peek resembles Elvisí quiff (way card/billet positioned).

Cheers 👍 [/quote]

Or the way he curl's his upper lip?
I have to second David here, Stunninger has got the right idea. Create something decent, share with some people, and let the product speak for itself. I admire his way of working! Also admire the couple of ideas that I've read of his, just solid, practical and workable ideas! This will no doubt not be any different.

He touched me

//Dan
Have to agree completely with David
Elvis was a "Seeker". Larry Geller, Elvis' hairstylist, was also Elvis' "Spiritual Advisor".
Look over spectator's shoulder and point, screaming "Hey it's Elvis!!!"

Get peek when spectator looks.
[quote]On Jul 2, 2020, Dan McLean wrote:

Get peek when spectator looks. [/quote]

Iím stealing this approach:) its invisible subtleties like this that turn a trick into a miracle lol
[quote]On Jul 2, 2020, 252life wrote:
[quote]On Jul 2, 2020, Dan McLean wrote:

Get peek when spectator looks. [/quote]

Iím stealing this approach:) its invisible subtleties like this that turn a trick into a miracle lol [/quote]

Thank you, 252life. My small contribution to our art :>
[quote]On Jun 29, 2020, Bietfriek wrote:
Elvis TCB (Taking care of business) because thatís what you do with the cards. [/quote]

Don't forget the ⚡.
TCB Taking Care of Business in a

flash! :)
Lmao mentalists helping mentalists :)
:)
Maybe it's a variation on AN and has something to do with the high collar in his suits.
[quote]On Jul 2, 2020, David Numen wrote:
All the Elvis puns aside I'd like to take a moment to commend Stunninger for the way he conducts business here - it's a model many could do with following.

Firstly, judging by the reviews I've read and the item I personally received, his work is excellent. Well thought out and structured - stuff actually WORTH releasing.

Secondly, he chooses a variety of people to receive his items for free in order to review and I can tell from the language used that the reviews are honest - not people looking to buddy up but people expressing their genuine opinons.

Of course, he wouldn't do the second unless the first was true and he was sure enough of his material and THIS is why we have an absence of people following this model. I really now think that certain people who keep striving to keep their latest releases on the front page of this "room" at the Cafť and DON'T follow the model know full well that they are releasing weak and derivative nonsense that wouldn't really pass muster.

So let's celebrate Stunninger! Hooray for a genuine soul. [/quote]

David, thank you so much for what you wrote. I canít tell you how much that means to me. I deeply appreciate your kind words.

Bill
[quote]On Jul 2, 2020, dyoung wrote:
I have to second David here, Stunninger has got the right idea. Create something decent, share with some people, and let the product speak for itself. I admire his way of working! Also admire the couple of ideas that I've read of his, just solid, practical and workable ideas! This will no doubt not be any different.

He touched me

//Dan [/quote]
Thank you Dan 😀
[quote]On Jul 2, 2020, 252life wrote:
Have to agree completely with David [/quote]

Thank you 252life 😀
Many wonderful, creative and hilarious guesses!

Thanks very much to all who have contributed to this thread so far.

No one has yet correctly guessed the reason the effect is named The Elvis Peek.

Two more days to go :)
Could it be a connection with Elvis Costello? One of his major songs was Miracle Man and, by performing this peek, you could well be dubbed a Miracle Man!
[img]https://magicalaurieblog.files.wordpress.com/2020/07/images-3.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/13/85/e5/1385e5996fd74c9a5eaf7678d81c985b.jpg[/img]

Elvis Peek-A-Boo? :bg:
Because Elvis claimed to have been [i]telepathically[/i] visited by aliens when he was a child?

That, or something to do with Bubba Ho-Tep.
You had me at Bubba Ho Tep
Because there have been many impersonators but only one "the best"?

(Wannabes are a dime a dozen?)
Stunninger's pet is called Elvis and just as he regards his pet with affection, he has great affection for his new and obviously very good peek.
A further thought.

Could it be that to secure the peek you have to tilt the card to give you an 'elevated vision' of the required information, and with Elvis standing for 'el'evated 'vis'ion.

Clutching at straws here but seeing no-one appears to have cracked this conundrum, just a thought.

Or maybe Stunninger's middle name is Elvis?

It will be interesting to find out the answer - and thanks Stunninger for such an entertaining thread and, I am sure, excellent release.

Neil
Elvis Presley is an anagram of Sly Live Peers - Sly because it's sneaky, Live because you do it in real time, Peers because you get the chance to really peer at the info.
Bill very kindly has given me a peek of The Elvis Peek and it has proved a real delight.

The moves, such as they are, are very clean and straightforward. I have never been one for sleights or like being rushed in seeing and reading the required information. The Elvis Peek suits me fine. Not only do you get the information in a very subtle way but can read it at your leisure. It is mentalism that I like - kept simple but highly effective.

But this is not all.

Watching the explanation was instructive as well as a brilliant masterclass in presentation. The patter and what you tell the spectator really helps to elevate the effect. It just shows how a little more thought to how we present effects can make so much difference.

As I wrote earlier, this proved a real delight - not just the actual very full peek and clean way it is obtained but also what I learnt in how to present (including a fact Bill gave.)

Thanks to the conundrum of why this is called The Elvis Peek, it has already generated a lot of interest. But unlike some releases which have generated a lot of interest and then disappointed, this won't. The Elvis Peek is a first class peek, deceptive, straightforward, clear and, importantly, with the suggested presentation, is a brilliant piece of theatre and entertainment.

Thank you Bill, and well done.

Neil
Il see, sly perv.
Thank you Neil for your review. Your opinion is always well respected and appreciated. I look forward in its official release.
Michael
[quote]On Jul 4, 2020, NeilS wrote:
Bill very kindly has given me a peek of The Elvis Peek and it has proved a real delight.

The moves, such as they are, are very clean and straightforward. I have never been one for sleights or like being rushed in seeing and reading the required information. The Elvis Peek suits me fine. Not only do you get the information in a very subtle way but can read it at your leisure. It is mentalism that I like - kept simple but highly effective.

But this is not all.

Watching the explanation was instructive as well as a brilliant masterclass in presentation. The patter and what you tell the spectator really helps to elevate the effect. It just shows how a little more thought to how we present effects can make so much difference.

As I wrote earlier, this proved a real delight - not just the actual very full peek and clean way it is obtained but also what I learnt in how to present (including a fact Bill gave.)

Thanks to the conundrum of why this is called The Elvis Peek, it has already generated a lot of interest. But unlike some releases which have generated a lot of interest and then disappointed, this won't. The Elvis Peek is a first class peek, deceptive, straightforward, clear and, importantly, with the suggested presentation, is a brilliant piece of theatre and entertainment.

Thank you Bill, and well done.

Neil [/quote]

Neil, Wow! Thank you so much for your wonderful and in-depth review! I am delighted you enjoy and find value in The Elvis Peek. Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a thoughtful review.

Bill
Thanks to everyone for your continued guesses. Wonderful creativity :) The contest remains open until midnight Central Time tonite.
[img]https://magicalaurieblog.files.wordpress.com/2020/07/220px-elvis_presley_1960.jpg[/img]
Similar to one of my earlier posts, but clarifying that Elvis was a "voracious reader". I think I'm done here, maybe. I do have other things to do. :)
He also had a reading chair in his bathroom. Someone may have made a less direct reference, early on. Done. :wavey:
:wavey: I'm back with "sleeve the pik" anagram :shrug:
The method got fat over time?

Iím reaching low here.
Lmao
It's called the Elvis peek cause it gives you a case of the stink lip. Meaning you have to curl up a section of billet like Elvis curled up his lip?
The contest is now over, having ended this mornin at 12AM Central Time. Thanks very much to all who participated. There were many creative guesses, some of them quite hilarious.

No one correctly guessed the real reason why The Elvis Peek is named as it is. The story goes back many years to a night in the summer of 1977. The date was 16 August. I was on vacation with my family in Las Vegas. After dinner that night, my Dad decided to take us all for a drive, out in the desert, miles away from the bright lights of the Vegas strip. We drove for an hour or so. I recall being sleepy, relaxed with my thoughts drifting. Everyone in the car was quiet.

Out of nowhere, an incredibly bright beam came down from the black sky, engulfing the car in an almost blinding white light. No one panicked. No one moved or said a word. I quickly realized my entire family were in a frozen state. Motionless and peaceful.

I felt my body lift up, rising through the car. I just melted through it. No pain. No noise. Nothing but a serene and surreal tranquility as I floated upwards in the light. I could see I was moving rapidly towards a very large object that appeared black with a series of flashing lights. For a split second I thought I would collide with the craft, but before I knew it, I was through it and on the other side.

TO BE CONTINUED...
[quote]On Jul 6, 2020, Stunninger wrote:
The contest is now over, having ended this mornin at 12AM Central Time. Thanks very much to all who participated. There were many creative guesses, some of them quite hilarious.

No one correctly guessed the real reason why The Elvis Peek is named as it is. The story goes back many years to a night in the summer of 1977. The date was 16 August. I was on vacation with my family in Las Vegas. After dinner that night, my Dad decided to take us all for a drive, out in the desert, miles away from the bright lights of the Vegas strip. We drove for an hour or so. I recall being sleepy, relaxed with my thoughts drifting. Everyone in the car was quiet.

Out of nowhere, an incredibly bright beam came down from the black sky, engulfing the car in an almost blinding white light. No one panicked. No one moved or said a word. I quickly realized my entire family were in a frozen state. Motionless and peaceful.

I felt my body lift up, rising through the car. I just melted through it. No pain. No noise. Nothing but a serene and surreal tranquility as I floated upwards in the light. I could see I was moving rapidly towards a very large object that appeared black with a series of flashing lights. For a split second I thought I would collide with the craft, but before I knew it, I was through it and on the other side.

TO BE CONTINUED... [/quote]

I was so close.
[quote]On Jul 7, 2020, magicinsight wrote:

I was so close. [/quote]

Must be your psychic talents Michael. I am so impressed.
[quote]On Jul 7, 2020, magicinsight wrote:
I was so close. [/quote]

:rotf: :rotf:
The story continues...

It took a moment for it to sink in that I was inside a spaceship. You read about these things or see them on tv. But I was actually inside a UFO. I knew I should be terrified, but felt amazingly at peace. There were 5 short, thin grey alien beings, symmetrically spaced in a circular pattern. They looked odd, yet normal. They had very large eyes and heads, not dissimilar to the depictions of aliens in movies. It was cool in the craft, yet I felt comfortably warm.

It was a strange sensation to know they were reading my thoughts. I could also sense thoughts they were sending me, but only thoughts they wanted me to know. I could tell when they were communicating with each other, some of the time. We communicated telepathically.

I looked around the craft again and it here was Elvis. Much larger than the aliens, he had been there all along. Yet I was just seeing him now. He was there, but he wasnít, at the same time. Elvis smiled at me yet he didnít move. ďHow you doin, man? Pretty freaky, huh? Youíre in for a real head trip. The food here is great. They have most incredible chicken fried steak.Ē

Elvis was motionless, yet I could hear everything he was saying in my head and somehow feel his gestures. It was real and unreal at the same time. Reality and fiction fused together. ďThey know everything, man. They can see into the past, and travel into the future.Ē

Time rapidly sped up, yet no time passed at all. Over the next several months, Elvis, the aliens and I would travel millions of light years, yet not be gone for more than a nanosecond. We would travel billions of miles, yet stand perfectly still. We would travel through hundreds of space time dimensions, yet remain in place. It couldnít be possible, yet was. Both, at the same time. All, at the same time.

TO BE CONTINUED...
This was my second guess exactly and now Iím sorry for not posting it :)

That was you........?
[quote]On Jul 3, 2020, TonyBrand wrote:
Because Elvis claimed to have been [i]telepathically[/i] visited by aliens when he was a child?[/quote]

I want partial credit! ;)
You can leave us hanging Stunners! Give us the deets, I want!
The story continues...

During our time together, Elvis would teach me many things. It turns out he is an accomplished mind reader who performed extensively for many years under the alias...

I awake from a deep sleep. It takes me several moments to realize...it was all a dream. The space ship. The aliens. My time with Elvis. All just a dream.

What then does The Elvis Peek really mean? The answer comes tonite.
Wow sitting here with baited breath, I look forward to hearing it.
Bill let me in on this too and it's a very interesting technique. I'm a big fan of full billet peeks using stacks and I can definitely see the attraction of this technique. Apart from a teensy bit of preparation which can be done well in advance it's basically impromptu and informal and something you can do at the drop of a hat.

Good thinking Bill!
Was it cos Elvis wanted to work for the FBI and tried to bribe JE Hoover with a squirrel and a sequinned dress?
Colonel Parker would be proud of you Bill. Before he was Elvis's manager he worked in the carnivals as a palm reader and I am sure he would have
found your Elvis Peek very useful. It is simple. Concise. Usable. The explanation is clear and easy to follow. Sound and video quality excellent.
Keep em coming. This is well within the abilities of most anyone interested in doing a bit of mind reading.
:question:slEeve hike TP :question: - I came up with this anagram about 12:30 a.m. Central the other night after the contest closed. :worry:
[quote]On Jul 8, 2020, David Numen wrote:
Bill let me in on this too and it's a very interesting technique. I'm a big fan of full billet peeks using stacks and I can definitely see the attraction of this technique. Apart from a teensy bit of preparation which can be done well in advance it's basically impromptu and informal and something you can do at the drop of a hat.

Good thinking Bill! [/quote]
Thank you very much David! Glad you like it, and appreciate you sharing your thoughts! Bill
[quote]On Jul 8, 2020, Barry Gitelson wrote:
Colonel Parker would be proud of you Bill. Before he was Elvis's manager he worked in the carnivals as a palm reader and I am sure he would have
found your Elvis Peek very useful. It is simple. Concise. Usable. The explanation is clear and easy to follow. Sound and video quality excellent.
Keep em coming. This is well within the abilities of most anyone interested in doing a bit of mind reading. [/quote]

Thank you, Barry! Did not know that about Col. Parker. Thank you for sharing that. Glad you like the peek, and thank you very much for posting your thoughts! Bill
Thanks again to all who participated in the contest. Why I named this The Elvis Peek:

ďElvisĒ is an acronym for:

Easy to do

Long peek

View full billet

Instant reset

Super deceptive
Hahahaha Atlas Brookings shrugged
[quote]On Jul 8, 2020, Stunninger wrote:
Thanks again to all who participated in the contest. Why I named this The Elvis Peek:

Easy to do

Long peek

View full billet

Instant reset

Super deceptive [/quote]

That was gonna be my next guess... ;)
For all the suspense that got built up, the climax is a bit underwhelming - so its just an acronym.

If you can add "Pocket friendly" as another feature on top........anyways :-)

A very entertaining thread, though, thanks to Stunninger. Good luck with the release. Planning to get it.
[quote]On Jul 8, 2020, Stunninger wrote:

Easy to do

Long peek

View full billet

Instant reset

Super deceptive [/quote]

So... Elvis has never been in the building from the start...

:bg:
This is quite a devious peek. It's organic and feels free and deceptive. I like it because it is a full card peek and is free from gimmicks, wallets and tears.

There is some "structure and management" to the routine that makes the "old" thing new. Because as he's said, it's something that's old in new dressing, and it works and is hidden well to make it happen.

It's innocent and the 'how' fooled me on viewing. Sneaky little Stunninger...

I have a few thoughts I might use to make it more "mine" as I work it and if they work, I'll share them and see his thoughts on them as well. But for now, very well done.
At the end of the day, definitely adding this to my arsenal.

What's in it for casual use for info gathering/peeking? I come back to these a lot...
SAW
Delayed peek classic center tear
Soon this after working it in. (Stunninger's other stuff gets use too)

Runner-ups:
Razor
Peek Jaks from Gerard
[quote]On Jul 9, 2020, Nathan Alexander wrote:
This is quite a devious peek. It's organic and feels free and deceptive. I like it because it is a full card peek and is free from gimmicks, wallets and tears.

There is some "structure and management" to the routine that makes the "old" thing new. Because as he's said, it's something that's old in new dressing, and it works and is hidden well to make it happen.

It's innocent and the 'how' fooled me on viewing. Sneaky little Stunninger...

I have a few thoughts I might use to make it more "mine" as I work it and if they work, I'll share them and see his thoughts on them as well. But for now, very well done. [/quote]

Nathan, thank you very much for your thoughtful review! Glad you like it and plan to use it. I look forward to hearing your ideas for personalizing it. Thatís all I did, really. Took existing principles and played around with them long enough until I found handlings that were a perfect fit for me, my preferences and style. Everyone can do the same and figure out what works best for them.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts. I really appreciate it.

Bill
So Bill kindly sent me this to look at as well. Which is always very welcome to break up the monotony of my day to day life, which mostly involves staring into empty space :)

I currently have a full billet peek, with no folding, that I use and Im happy with. I have certain criteria that has to be met for me to use something, they are purely my personal preferences and nothing set in stone. This peek doesn't match a couple of those criteria, but this is purely from my personal aesthetic point of view. Details of which I won't go into here.

Having said that, this is very simple to execute, there's nothing here that can be considered difficult. You do also get a good long look at the information, which can often be crucial if you're dealing with words or people lacking artistic talents :) We've all been there, peeking someone's writing and they may as well be a doctor for all we know, that's how bad it is, and you've got a second or so to peek it. Not an ideal situation, so this solves that issue!

Your "gimmick", if you can call it that, is super easy to make, and won't take more than a few moments to create and you can reuse it, it's nothing that wears out or breaks, beyond normal wear of your business cards. You don't need anything to make it, so no special material needed. Always a big plus!

I can see a lot of people getting some use out of this!

Not every release can be a homerun (like his previous offerings), and sometimes you only get to second base, and that's fine. Also, I don't understand baseball at all :)

All the best,
Dan
[quote]On Jul 10, 2020, dyoung wrote:
So Bill kindly sent me this to look at as well. Which is always very welcome to break up the monotony of my day to day life, which mostly involves staring into empty space :)

I currently have a full billet peek, with no folding, that I use and Im happy with. I have certain criteria that has to be met for me to use something, they are purely my personal preferences and nothing set in stone. This peek doesn't match a couple of those criteria, but this is purely from my personal aesthetic point of view. Details of which I won't go into here.

Having said that, this is very simple to execute, there's nothing here that can be considered difficult. You do also get a good long look at the information, which can often be crucial if you're dealing with words or people lacking artistic talents :) We've all been there, peeking someone's writing and they may as well be a doctor for all we know, that's how bad it is, and you've got a second or so to peek it. Not an ideal situation, so this solves that issue!

Your "gimmick", if you can call it that, is super easy to make, and won't take more than a few moments to create and you can reuse it, it's nothing that wears out or breaks, beyond normal wear of your business cards. You don't need anything to make it, so no special material needed. Always a big plus!

Not every release can be a homerun (like his previous offerings), and sometimes you only get to second base, and that's fine. Also, I don't understand baseball at all :)

All the best,
Dan [/quote]

Dan, thank you very much for your thoughtful review! I appreciate that you took the time to post your thoughts. While The Elvis Peek is a perfect for me, it wonít be for everyone, as we all have our own preferences. And thatís cool. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts! Bill
Bill was kind enough to share the method and handling for The Elvis Peek with me a few days ago. I just had a chance to review the instructions and wanted to post my thoughts.

First off, I wanted to mention that this is the first exposure I've had to Bill's material, so I didn't quite know what to expect. I already have a number of peeks in my rotation, some of which I use more often than others. Having said that, I'm always on the lookout for the "holy grail" of peeks, so I was more than happy to look this over.

Based on Bill's initial post, I knew this wasn't going to be an entirely new method per se, but rather a combination of a few classic principles. Is it what I expected? Well, yes and no. While I was familiar with the core methods, I had never seen them used together to form a business card/billet peek. I know this phrase is way overused in mentalism and magic reviews, but I definitely had one of those "Why didn't I think of that?" moments after learning the method.

I absolutely love the method behind The Elvis Peek. It is very simple to perform and leaves little room for error. This, of course, allows you to focus on your presentation and not worry about a possible misstep when performing. Is this something I will use? Absolutely. While there is some DIY involved (and I hesitate even calling it that because it's [i]very[/i] minimal), it's something that can be done in seconds and is quite simple. More than the method itself, I really enjoyed The Elvis Peek because it spawned some other ideas that can be applied to peeks. I'll admit that I'm addicted to peeks. Like Bill, I have/had a number of peek wallets over time and also experimented with CTs. I still think peek wallets and CTs have their place, but it's always advantageous to have other methods at your disposal.

I don't think I would personally use the handling provided, but that's not to say that others shouldn't or that the handling isn't solid. I'm sure it works very well for Bill. Without tipping anything, I think the handling shown has a little too much going on and I prefer to keep things simple. Regardless, I highly recommend The Elvis Peek (TEP? Bubba Ho-TEP?? Did I crack the code???) to anyone who is looking for an extremely easy to master full billet peek that requires nothing but your business cards or blank billets.

Kudos to Stunniger for coming up with The Elvis Peek. I look forward to seeing more of his creations in the future.
[quote]On Jul 10, 2020, dyoung wrote:

All the best,
Dan [/quote]

I'm pretty much sold on picking this up when it's available (because I believe, like others, that you can never have enough peeks), but can you share a bit more on the limitations of this peek? That's always the thing that concerns me the most.
No2ss none really come to mind. I guess you wouldnít want someone directly over your shoulder as with any p@@k. Even then itís an easy adjustment.
[quote]On Jul 10, 2020, TonyBrand wrote:
Bill was kind enough to share the method and handling for The Elvis Peek with me a few days ago. I just had a chance to review the instructions and wanted to post my thoughts.

First off, I wanted to mention that this is the first exposure I've had to Bill's material, so I didn't quite know what to expect. I already have a number of peeks in my rotation, some of which I use more often than others. Having said that, I'm always on the lookout for the "holy grail" of peeks, so I was more than happy to look this over.

Based on Bill's initial post, I knew this wasn't going to be an entirely new method per se, but rather a combination of a few classic principles. Is it what I expected? Well, yes and no. While I was familiar with the core methods, I had never seen them used together to form a business card/billet peek. I know this phrase is way overused in mentalism and magic reviews, but I definitely had one of those "Why didn't I think of that?" moments after learning the method.

I absolutely love the method behind The Elvis Peek. It is very simple to perform and leaves little room for error. This, of course, allows you to focus on your presentation and not worry about a possible misstep when performing. Is this something I will use? Absolutely. While there is some DIY involved (and I hesitate even calling it that because it's [i]very[/i] minimal), it's something that can be done in seconds and is quite simple. More than the method itself, I really enjoyed The Elvis Peek because it spawned some other ideas that can be applied to peeks. I'll admit that I'm addicted to peeks. Like Bill, I have/had a number of peek wallets over time and also experimented with CTs. I still think peek wallets and CTs have their place, but it's always advantageous to have other methods at your disposal.

I don't think I would personally use the handling provided, but that's not to say that others shouldn't or that the handling isn't solid. I'm sure it works very well for Bill. Without tipping anything, I think the handling shown has a little too much going on and I prefer to keep things simple. Regardless, I highly recommend The Elvis Peek (TEP? Bubba Ho-TEP?? Did I crack the code???) to anyone who is looking for an extremely easy to master full billet peek that requires nothing but your business cards or blank billets.

Kudos to Stunniger for coming up with The Elvis Peek. I look forward to seeing more of his creations in the future. [/quote]

Tony, thank you very much for your thoughtful and detailed review! I really appreciate it. Glad to see you are thinking about using the core methods in different ways. When I developed The Elvis Peek I came up with multiple handlings. The video shows only one of those. So there are lots of different ways to structure the handling, including some with fewer steps. I might make a second video showing reverse Elvis.

Thank you again for your your wonderful review and for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Bill
Thank you Bill my PC been down for a few days now but glad its back to receive The Elvis Peek I am aware of the handling but the way you perform it sir has put a new spin on it,love and get's my vote my friend, excellent
all the best
Shane
[quote]On Jul 13, 2020, Fire Starter wrote:
Thank you Bill my PC been down for a few days now but glad its back to receive The Elvis Peek I am aware of the handling but the way you perform it sir has put a new spin on it,love and get's my vote my friend, excellent
all the best
Shane [/quote]

Shane, thank you very much for your feedback and for taking the time to share your thoughts! I very much appreciate it. Glad you are enjoying the peek!

Bill
ĎReverse Elvisí has been sent out to a handful of mind readers. Overall, feedback has been quite positive. Some prefer Elvis. Others Reverse. I like to think of both as different tools in the toolbox to select from as needed.

Delighted that some have written me with their ideas for streamlining the handling and reducing the steps in the process. Keep up the great work!

Bill
Bill was kind enough to send me Reverse Elvis. Iím a fan of both but think Iím leaning towards R Elvis. It cuts down the one time prep from an ungodly 5 seconds to about 2 :)
This allows for what has to be one of the longest p@@ks out. Picture, words, short stories, bad handwriting or orientation...no problem, youíll have all the time you need. Youíre justified for looking where you need to for as long as necessary.
I can see where some may lean towards original Elvis as well. Set up original Elvis and a few extra biz cards and go either way. This is typical Stunninger. This is the result of high level thinking marrying the KISS principle.
If Bills work was compiled into a book it would sit proudly on the top shelf where it deserves to be.
No bells and whistles but if you want solid, direct, and easily usable jump all over this if you can.
All ten of my thumbs up, highest recommendations.
I may have missed something -- but what is Reverse Elvis?

Also is the original Elvis Peek available and I missed it, or is it still being prepped for release?

Thanks! Looking forward to this.
[quote]On Jul 14, 2020, 252life wrote:
Bill was kind enough to send me Reverse Elvis. Iím a fan of both but think Iím leaning towards R Elvis. It cuts down the one time prep from an ungodly 5 seconds to about 2 :)
This allows for what has to be one of the longest p@@ks out. Picture, words, short stories, bad handwriting or orientation...no problem, youíll have all the time you need. Youíre justified for looking where you need to for as long as necessary.
I can see where some may lean towards original Elvis as well. Set up original Elvis and a few extra biz cards and go either way. This is typical Stunninger. This is the result of high level thinking marrying the KISS principle.
If Bills work was compiled into a book it would sit proudly on the top shelf where it deserves to be.
No bells and whistles but if you want solid, direct, and easily usable jump all over this if you can.
All ten of my thumbs up, highest recommendations. [/quote]

252life, thank you very much for your feedback, I greatly appreciate it! Thank you also for the all of the insights and suggestions you have sent me. Wonderful 😀
[quote]On Jul 14, 2020, no2ss wrote:
I may have missed something -- but what is Reverse Elvis?

Also is the original Elvis Peek available and I missed it, or is it still being prepped for release?

Thanks! Looking forward to this. [/quote]

Thanks for your interest! The Elvis Peek uses one well established magic principle. Reverse Elvis uses the opposite principle.

Bill
When will this be available for purchase?
[quote]On Jul 17, 2020, P.Jane wrote:
When will this be available for purchase? [/quote]

Thanks for your interest! In addition to the original Elvis Peek, and Reverse Elvis, Iím thinking about adding a third handling: Skinny Elvis. And then releasing it.
Cool! Count me in when you release it! :)
I have had the privilege of seeing the two Elvis Peeks that Stunninger had released so far and from a viewpoint of someone who
has not done a lot of mentalism I will say that these are effects well within the reach of anyone wanting to put a little time
in. Reverse Elvis would be my prefered of the two as the setup is oh so simple and every move is easy and justified. Setup is
minimal. The peek is a long one and the angles are good. The original Elvis Peek has its merits too and has been well discussed
earlier in the thread.
I would love to see this as well!
I'm interested in this as well.. Throwing money at the monitor didn't do anything except dent the monitor .. :-)

mG
[quote]On Jul 20, 2020, ATXTimeLord wrote:
I'm interested in this as well.. Throwing money at the monitor didn't do anything except dent the monitor .. :-)

mG [/quote]

Youíre not supposed to throw change Stunninger only accepts folding $$ lol :)
Having read the Elvis Peek and Reverse Peek a further idea occurred which I sent to Bill. This is certainly a versatile release - so much so that it is a case of choosing which version suits you best. It is a delight to play about with and equally to perform.

A very solid release and I particularly like the way the peek is in no way rushed and so easily obtained.

Neil
Barry, 252life, m.o.pfeil, NeilS, thank you very much for your thoughts!
Skinny Elvis, a short video with an alternative handling, is going out to a handful of trusted mind readers soon!
So we have 7 pages of comments so far, for an effect that hasn't yet been released! Bravo Stunninger, you've played the system and publicized your effect brilliantly. But personally, I'm tired of reading page after page of gushing comments from select insiders you sent copies to. I keep revisiting this thread in hopes of learning how and when to purchase, or read reviews from people who actually purchased this thing. But I'm still disappointed every time. For example, my visit today told me that "Skinny Elvis" is being sent to the insiders, which means we can look forward to yet another 3 pages of comments for an effect the vast majority of us can't (yet) access. Stunninger, I'm one of your biggest fans but haven't you taken this too far...?
Did you PM him Johnathan? Heís one of the most accessible and nice guys around this joint :)
Skinny Elvis. Everything the original Elvis Peek did ... but with less moves. Let's just hope he doesn't come up with a Naked Elvis. Keeping
it simple has always been a path I like to take my performance down and this is exactly that.
Ditto to the above. Nothing but more great things to say. Thanks tons as always Stunninger for sharing. Maybe compile these into a Elvis Greatest Hits book :)
(Naked Elvis is just like the original except you perform it in the buff. The misdirection is built in.)
Wow... Just when I thought it couldn't get any better. Same routine but even more elegant in handling! Less moves, more natural... I nearly didn't want to see it as I liked the original so much but this built on the original to create an even more efficient routine. After running it a few times, It will now go to the front line for my work. Thanks again Stunninger for your never ending work to advance the art!
[quote]On Aug 9, 2020, Barry Gitelson wrote:
Skinny Elvis. Everything the original Elvis Peek did ... but with less moves. Let's just hope he doesn't come up with a Naked Elvis. Keeping
it simple has always been a path I like to take my performance down and this is exactly that. [/quote]

Thank you, Barry! Delighted you like Skinny Elvis. Thank you for sharing your thoughts :)
[quote]On Aug 9, 2020, 252life wrote:
Ditto to the above. Nothing but more great things to say. Thanks tons as always Stunninger for sharing. Maybe compile these into a Elvis Greatest Hits book :)
(Naked Elvis is just like the original except you perform it in the buff. The misdirection is built in.) [/quote]

Thank you, 252life! Really glad you find value in the new, streamlined handling. Naked Elvis. You just never know...

Thank you for posting your thoughts. I really appreciate it.
[quote]On Jul 19, 2020, Stunninger wrote:
[quote]On Jul 17, 2020, P.Jane wrote:
When will this be available for purchase? [/quote]

Thanks for your interest! In addition to the original Elvis Peek, and Reverse Elvis, Iím thinking about adding a third handling: Skinny Elvis. And then releasing it. [/quote]

Will buy as soon as it's available. Looking forward to.
[quote]On Aug 10, 2020, Ray Pierce wrote:
Wow... Just when I thought it couldn't get any better. Same routine but even more elegant in handling! Less moves, more natural... I nearly didn't want to see it as I liked the original so much but this built on the original to create an even more efficient routine. After running it a few times, It will now go to the front line for my work. Thanks again Stunninger for your never ending work to advance the art! [/quote]

Thank you, Ray! Really happy to hear you like the new handling. Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate it :)
So, is this available?
I wish him the best with this release, I really do- it sounds cool. However, things like this are an impulse buy for me, and that impulse left me about 6 pages ago.
Yet the impulse to share that thought remained huh? :goof:
I am a great believer in keeping things simple. Not only is it good for the performer (and allows you to concentrate more on presentation) but makes everything seem much more straightforward for the spectator, including in following what goes on. With the Skinny Elvis, the handling has really been trimmed down to make an elegant, fooling and excellent effect. I liked the original version, but the Skinny Elvis is even better.

Congratulations Bill, you have not only elevated The Elvis Peek but given the community a wonderful tool and addition to our art.

Neil
Message: Posted by: Christopher_Rawlins (Aug 12, 2020 05:32AM)
Bill was kind enough to share this with me, and I have to say that I like it very much.

Not only is a smart, simple and subtle method. The details shared in the short and clear video are what make this great.

I prefer Elvis over reverse Elvis, however both are great.

Thanks for sharing Bill.
Hi Bill when will this be available to purchase ? Best wishes Gaz 🙂