(Close Window)
Topic: The Future of Magic Conventions and The Genii Convention
I've received some questions about future Genii conventions.
Until there is a vaccine I do not see a way to put on a convention that is safe for attendees.
There is no possible way to do an in-person magic convention with social distancing.
Hotel ballrooms are not noted for their wonderful ventilation.
If you have one asymptomatic attendee spreading the virus--just one--that person could infect hundreds of attendees.
I, personally, will not be attending any magic convention until there is a vaccine.
A viable vaccine could take years. As long as people take basic precautions I don't believe attending a convention would be any more dangerous than shopping at the grocery store.
[quote]On Jun 29, 2020, Animated Puppets wrote:
A viable vaccine could take years. As long as people take basic precautions I don't believe attending a convention would be any more dangerous than shopping at the grocery store. [/quote]

I believe you are wrong.
I'm hoping that an effective vaccine will be available sooner, rather than later. Also, when one does become available, I hope enough people get the vaccine!

Dave

PS-Richard, I would be very disappointed if the next Genii Convention was cancelled but I think it's better to be safe rather than sorry.
Iím reading headlines right now and it seems that a possible vaccine is getting closer.

Go scientists!
Whether there will be a vaccine or not, does anyone have any updates of what's going to happen with conventions like Blackpool or The Session in the UK?

Thanks!
I guess it might be a bit early to answer that! 😅