(Close Window)
Topic: Thank you, so much...
Hey everyone, :)

Just wanted to say "Thank you." 🙏🏽

Why, you say? Well, I'm just appreciative over all these years that you guys, actually people from all over the world, have shown so much interest in my work. Now, I'm no great and powerful Oz as some other might be regarded as, but I have happened upon a few things now & again that had some real punch to it, and you guys recognized that, and showed great interest by purchasing my effects. Heck, you're still doing it to this very day. :)

I am just blown away by it. And I have to give a big hand to Vinny "The Godfather," for first recognizing me and showcasing my thinking on his website. I have been offered many other ways to go as to magic websites big & small, but I have remained where I was first given a chance...Just seemed like the right thing to do. 🤔 I mean, your home may not be the biggest place, but it's home, right? :)

Plus, as you all know of my work, it has always been affordable, and down right cheap. :D This was more of an attempt to share than to make bags of money with it. Nothing wrong with making money, but I guess I was more into sharing the good magic I was lucky to find, and became decent-at-best with, to show and explain to good folks like you from my learning and doing of the journey.

So, that's simply it...I just wanted to say "Thank you." And as always, as you might've heard it heartfelt said before, "I'll [continue to] leave the light on for you." :)
I haven't bought any of your works, but I greatly appreciate your wealth of knowledge and experience that you freely give on these forums with the warmth and enthusiasm you're known for. At least from my perspective.

So congratulations on your successs.
Cheers.
WE all owe a big debt to you. Even those who have not discovered your coin magic yet but who will.
Your "MB Active Finger Palm" is one of the greatest coin sleights and hideouts ever. Why? Angle proof, Totally convincing, while they see your "empty hand." Besides all the other great magic you have given us.
MB a true gentlemen with a Smooth touch with the coins!
A smile and a wink! Don't forget those.

Ever there - always ready. That is where the magic come from.
Thank you MB for sharing your work and being you.
Marion,

Thank you for your friendship and all you have shared.
Message: Posted by: Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse (Jul 4, 2020 12:12PM)
Thank you MB for helping me with my sl***ing.
Message: Posted by: Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse (Jul 4, 2020 12:16PM)
Where might I find this MB Active Finger Palm of which you speak?
Hint hint. It is all through his work. This is a rare case where someone has not gotten credit for an innovation that is huge. I would suggest getting his "Short Pockets" download. Look at the video of his Crimp Change. Is it possible he is hiding something in his hand?

This is an innovation which puts the Ramsay subtlety on steroids. Yes is is a small innovation . But small innovations have been the reason for great leaps in magic and technology. Since MB has not gotten credit for it, I choose to name it the "MB Active Finger Palm." Because when you hold it there and move your fingers (this movement is why it is the "Active" FP), which are at an angle, it SEEMS UTTERLY IMPOSSIBLE THAT A COIN COULD BE THERE. IF YOU MANAGE IT PROPERLY, WHICH IS EASY TO DO, IT IS ANGLE FREE. Thanks Marion, you deserve the credit.
Appreciate it fellas. :)

Hey, I haven't done this in a while, but it's great to know that people still like doing it out there, everywhere. :D

Anyway, a little from the journey... :)

[YOUTUBE]PCPFEVGPFSs[/YOUTUBE]
MB,
You are a true professional and I am thankful to have been fortunate enough to have met you through the Café.
I love watching you perform your coin magic miracles and learn something new every time I watch one of your videos. Thank you for all you do and I look forward to continuing the journey with you leading the pack!!

Your Friend,

TC
Hi Marion just want to say that you are my friend for life, your work has grown immensely over the years .
I Thank you for being my friend I always believed in your work, because it was and still is so original Your style s is so care free and
doable in the real world.
Marion weather you know it or not you are a world class magician, magicians all over the world recognize this, as I do.Over the past 20 years and more, your magic has grown and grown
and now you are one of the best coin workers on the planetm, not only for your skill, but also for your creativeness.
your Friend vinny

the godfather of magic
Grandpa’s Coins 2...that was beautifully done! Btw...Vinny is no slouch either in the skill and creativity department and in being generous with his knowledge. Thank you Vinny. I agree with everything that has been said by everyone so far. I’d like to also take the opportunity to thank you for being so generous with your knowledge and skill and creativity and for taking the time to support and encourage others including me. I’d also just add that not only do you share your work but you regularly shine the spotlight on others and bring the work of others to the attention of the wider community. We’ve never met but I really do think of you as a friend on the other side of this big pond. John
Awwwwww, thanks fellas...Appreciate all your kind words. ;)

Here's aonther one that came from all the hills & valleys of the journey...It's one of my favorites and I hope it's one of yours... :)

[YOUTUBE]iG6nWQwUt3k[/YOUTUBE]
Hi Marion - we have never met and we have different styles of coin magic but I'd gladly share a beer with anyone who has as much fun as you looked like you were doing those routines..... all the best to you and thanks :)

Nev
:cheers:

There's so many people outside my small sphere of influence that know of my work (who woulda thunk it?), 😁 and to know that I've had even a teeny-weeny influence to encourage and or assist folks in the craft is something I am quite humbled by and extremely proud of.

Where I come from, we have an old saying from the streets, "Each One, Teach One"... As to magic and most other things, it has been my way of thinking & doing, and I truly hope that simple philosophy continues from one magician to another, and ever onward. 🍻
A great magi, and an even better person! A true gentleman, always quick to offer encouragement, as well as being a true knowledge resource.
Thanks for being one of the many really good guys here on the Café, MB.
Keep up the good work, MB :spinningcoin:
Marion, you are really a great coin magician and a very helpful and nice person.
We have never met in person, but we often have contact.
I hope we will meet someday.

Darko
I always enjoy watching your performances, Mb. So much skill yet very relaxed and warming - you're like a fine single malt Scotch whisky.

Your teaching material is a joy, too - I still get a lot of pleasure practicing Double Trouble several times a week, many months after buying it. It's fantastic and I'll be treating myself to another of your routines very soon (..any recommendations?).

So thank *you*, Mb. The pleasure is all ours.
Hey, thanks, my friend...😁 Truly appreciate that. 🙏🏽

That people appreciate my work, makes all the work of it worthwhile.

Here’s one you might want to take on...Some nice stuff in it, with a doozy of an ending I came up with. 😉

[YOUTUBE]rxTF04vddfo[/YOUTUBE]

*Did you know that this video has garnered nearly “2,000,000” views, I think maybe more than any other magic video in YT history. 😊 Not exactly sure how it happened, but seemingly people viewing a music video got magically re-directed to my little video somehow. 🤭 Now, many folks weren’t happy about it and wondered as to where in the world they had been jettisoned to, but many also enjoyed the surprising magic after landing there. I was always happy about that, that despite their displacement, they came to enjoy my magic. 😁 Anyway, now you know the rest of the story. 🎩
Great stuff, Mb, and an amusing story, too. :)

I remember being drawn to quite a few of your routines when I picked up Double Trouble so I'll have another look before deciding. Decisions, decisions - what a nice problem to have!

Thanks again, Mb.
More than decade and half ago in a series of eMail chats with Mb he sent me "a dream."
He did not say I could share ti, but didn't say no either. The thinking has inspired several new effects by me ...

“There was a magician, a very good one that was doing some really great coin effects,
and this old guy walked up and did a very simple trick that left everyone including the magician dumbfounded.
He showed his hand to be empty, closed it and asked a little girl to name a coin.
She did and when he opened his hand there was the exact coin, a nickel.
He closed his hand again and asked a young man to name another coin, and when he opened his hand again, the coin had changed to that coin, a quarter...
He then finally asked the magician and he smartly said "how about a silver dollar-sized copper coin."
Thinking he had the old man stumped, with a confident smile the old guy just as easily closed his hand very slowly and opened it to show the quarter had indeed become a big copper coin,
that he freely twirled in his hand...
As he turned to walk away, he tossed the coin to the little girl and when she caught it, with true amazement it was a piece of candy.
He winked and walked away, and with wonderment on all our faces, so did the magician.”
Hey funs, yeah I remember that dream. I've thought of a few ways as to making it happen, but still none as good as I dreamed it. :) I've never been able to get as close, except for this... ;)

[YOUTUBE]GoVjnrr73Vg[/YOUTUBE]

*And thanks Kong for the kind words as to my work, and hope you keep enjoying "Double Trouble," it's a fun set. :D
Marion's coin magic is the kind of magic I like: direct and to the point. Magical.

He is extremely generous with his knowledge as well. Encouraging.

A good-all-around chap!
Please do not neglect MB's great contributions to coin magic. One of which is the Active MB Finger Palm. Invisible. Palm is empty, fingers are moving. An impossible palm that works surrounded. One of the greatest achievements in coin magic. Try it . Master it.
Show it. YOu will be shocked. They all say not he only has one coin. No ditching, just
"open palms" hehe. thanks MB.
[quote]On Jul 15, 2020, countrymaven wrote:
Please do not neglect MB's great contributions to coin magic. One of which is the Active MB Finger Palm. Invisible. Palm is empty, fingers are moving. An impossible palm that works surrounded. One of the greatest achievements in coin magic. Try it . Master it.
Show it. YOu will be shocked. They all say not he only has one coin. No ditching, just
"open palms" hehe. thanks MB. [/quote]

This sounds interesting! I'm currently deciding which of MB's routines to buy next and you might have just swung it for me. Do you know which teach this palm?

Thanks.
[quote]On Jul 17, 2020, Kong wrote:
[quote]On Jul 15, 2020, countrymaven wrote:
"open palms" hehe. thanks MB. [/quote]

This sounds interesting! I'm currently deciding which of MB's routines to buy next and you might have just swung it for me. Do you know which teach this palm?

Thanks. [/quote]

Yes I'd also like to know where to find this?

BW

Steve
Hey thanks guys for all the good words and interest. I've gotten a lot of PMs and emails behind it and I keep pointing the same way I've been pointing for years now, www.VinnyMarini.com :)

That's the street I live on and where all my magic is kept. ;)

And Maven is right here, you'll find that move in several of my works under, "Liwag Subtlety." Check the download videos on the website, and wherever I so deliberately show my palms, it's probably in there like you see here... ;)

[YOUTUBE]5J7W-5ter1k[/YOUTUBE]

It really is one heckuva move as Maven describes here above, and caused more discussions than a little bit as to what it is, why it is, how can it be, etc. :D People spin it many ways, but what I have shown and taught as to it is as you see it, or maybe as you don't see it, ;) I don't think anyone has shown it or explained it as in-depth like that, at least not when I first started doing it years ago. I thought a lot of the little move, so I did show it, explained it again & again, as I shared it with you. :)
Thank you Marion, for all the advice, help and general nice guyness.
Hey thanks Tom, that's awfully nice of you. :D

And y'know, the advice I give I also take myself, and that's how I kept developing my work, sorta like this...Which in time became so much more, as to both the change and the deception of it all. ;)

[YOUTUBE]DFppp4tARZw[/YOUTUBE]

What a journey! :)
Wow!
EXCELLENT MARION
Brilliant MB 😃
MB,
You are a true Ambassador of coin magic and continue to inspire all of us.
I only wish I lived closer to you so we could spend time together jamming.
Keep on trucking my friend!!

Your Pal,

TC
Man, you all are the best! Thanks and so glad you appreciate the work. :)

*Oh, and here's what that little vid (part) above eventually became for me...a real gem of a trick, even sitting down, and standing & moving about makes it even more devilshly deceptive! ;) And I typically hand out the coin to the specs which blows their mind even more. :D

[YOUTUBE]rCcD5JFSkk8[/YOUTUBE]
Wanted to give a shout out to MB for his lovely little C/S twist routine which I'm currently trying to perfect. As usual his demo is slick and enjoyable, while the method is fairly straightforward but devilishly clever. I love it. Thanks MB for this great contribution, and kind support and encouragement.

BW

Steve
Thank you for that, happy you like the work. :) I have a lot of work like that, aimed at helping folks better learn the basics as to developing a good understanding of how the smaller things become the bigger things. ;) Here's another example... :D

[YOUTUBE]tmbj2To69_k[/YOUTUBE]
Nice MB. Is it a similar level of difficulty?

Cheers

Steve
"Ike and Mikes Revenge" is one of my favorites.
Thanks again guys, Ike & Mike first appeared in my [b]Short Pockets[/b] download as a practice trick, but it evolved to be able to stand on it's own as a really nice coin effect. I've received a great deal of PMs and emails as to it. It was always aimed at building basic skills into greater & greater magic. It's just 2 coins, but really so much more. ;)

And while I'm at it here, I just want to mention how important it is to mix in other things with your coin work. While coins are my favorite part of magic, variety is what helps make you a better overall closeup man. I mix the coins in with other things and the specs are always take by surprise, as I veer left & right on a real roller coaster ride. :DThe coins are the stars of the show, most times open & close, but the jelly in the middle is the variety of other things. That's why in some of my magic I have included little card effects I've thought of. And during these quarantine situations, with so much time on my hands over the many months now, well, let's say it wasn't all coins... :D

[YOUTUBE]GWTTIFHQWxw[/YOUTUBE]

It's helped a decent-at-best coin guy like myself, look like a pretty darn good card (and better all-around closeup) man as well. ;)
[quote]On Jul 30, 2020, stevie c wrote:
Nice MB. Is it a similar level of difficulty?

Cheers

Steve [/quote]

Oh, and stevie, my friend… “Ike & Mike” is not difficult at all, but it does take some practice to use the moves deceptively as you see me play around with it here. I used to do this on the fly for people all around the New York City streets. A lotta fun for one coin that very magically becomes two, and then oh boy, watch out now! 😁
[quote]On Jul 6, 2020, Kanawati wrote:
Grandpa’s Coins 2...that was beautifully done! Btw...Vinny is no slouch either in the skill and creativity department and in being generous with his knowledge. Thank you Vinny. I agree with everything that has been said by everyone so far. I’d like to also take the opportunity to thank you for being so generous with your knowledge and skill and creativity and for taking the time to support and encourage others including me. I’d also just add that not only do you share your work but you regularly shine the spotlight on others and bring the work of others to the attention of the wider community. We’ve never met but I really do think of you as a friend on the other side of this big pond. John [/quote]

[I]"To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." [/I]

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Now, that's what real magic is all about...and why I say, "Thank you" here. 😊
Thanks MB. I picked I & M up from VM's site. I'm really enjoying working on this stuff and playing around with the different techniques :)
Hey, thanks stevie. I hope you enjoy it. It’s like a seed that keeps growing that allows you to learn, build & create. 😉

And here’s another neat way to get into it from something Michael Eaton does, and a little of my own deceptive razzle-dazzle mixed in. 😉

[YOUTUBE]MMzvaKLGMQA[/YOUTUBE]
[quote]On Jul 11, 2020, Kong wrote:

I remember being drawn to quite a few of your routines when I picked up Double Trouble so I'll have another look before deciding. Decisions, decisions - what a nice problem to have!

Thanks again, Mb. [/quote]

My pleasure KONG, [B]Double Trouble[/B] is one of my favorite on-the-spot coin effects to do for people, just fun stuff to play with and a bit of nice magical kit to learn & build from. ;)

[YOUTUBE]ibLDOJAQ3rI[/YOUTUBE]
[quote]On Jul 4, 2020, gkfreed wrote:
Marion,

Thank you for your friendship and all you have shared. [/quote]

To hear from [b]Gary Freed[/b] here is quite humbling, in that he is a really good closeup man with one of the great classic packet card tricks of all time to his name, you might've heard of it, "NFW."

If you've never tried it, you should...It's that good! :) It's truly an amazing trick and I spent many years doing it for people everywhere I went along with my coin effects. Just a perfect card trick for a coin guy, and what fun! :D

That he took time to share a good word here is really something....A sorta recognition of cross pollination that is absolutely magical. :)

Again, again, & again...Thank you, thank you all. ☺️
[quote]On Jul 11, 2020, Kong wrote:

Thanks again, Mb. [/quote]

Hey thanks Kong, that take on "My Fly" was something I came to do a bit more streamlined and casually as a pet effect... :D

[YOUTUBE]X626qo-4nds[/YOUTUBE]
...But if you don't want an effect to be so involved, you just want something cute & fun to do for people as you move about, then perhaps something like this one would work good for you. Nothing hard to it and it is delivered via a nice little story. I have done it for adults and kids as well, they all appreciate the magic in it. :D

[YOUTUBE]EhuxUbbWeMY[/YOUTUBE]
I'll be studying your Crimp Change Redux now, Mb. :) It looks fantastic and is something I'll enjoy practicing so I couldn't resist.

Am I right in thinking you cover your Liwag Subtlety in this one?

It's finished downloading now so I'm off for a look.

Thanks again, Mb!

Edit:
I see that you do cover the Liwag Subtlety. Great stuff.
Thanks for checking it out, it's some of my best work. :)

After first putting out the Crimp Change long ago now, I came to learn quite a bit more about what made the move look and work even better. The [b]Crimp Change ReDux[/b], addressed all the nuances that made the move even more magical. In wrapping it with other devilish deceptions, like the [b]Liwag Subtlety[/b] and using the [b]Quick Pitch[/b], it makes it all more of a weapon than simply a move. :D

I've received a lot of interest in this work over the years, and so happy to see that people still appreciate me sharing what I found and kept finding as to this gem. I've done a lot with the move, like this... ;)

https://vinnymarini.com/index.php/product/marion-boykin-crimp-karate-koin/

Incidentally, I hope you like the manuscript I try to include in most of my downloads. It's where I get to better explain my thinking, and I think it's a better overall value than just you downloading instructional videos, which I also include as well. :) So, while I don't have a book of my work, my manuscripts are sorta my little contribution to that kind of more literary effort.
And funs, as to that old dream effect with the old man, well, I mentioned coming up with a few ways to make that sorta magic happen but nothing any better than the Crimp Change, mostly because it kept leading me further & further down the trail as to magical possibilities, that I really didn’t see anyone else doing quite this way. Not an exact bullseye but another real winner none-the-less... ;)

[YOUTUBE]cFk5PcrIwdc[/YOUTUBE]

I’ve posted quite few of my effects in this string, probably none of which you’ll find in any book, which is why you need to look a bit further than that a lot of times, if for nothing else but to maybe find what you don’t quite expect, from someone or someplace you ordinarily wouldn’t expect it from. 😉
Man, what a journey! 🙏🏼😊
Mb thank you sir you my friend are one of the good guy's you have helped me out mant times over the years :-)
Hey warren, how you been my friend...long time. :D

From now to back then, it remains my pleasure to have helped you along. :) And I appreciate the kind words here...Thank you so much. 🙏🏽

I'm still carrying this on after all this time in trying to help others. *And y'know what, you have just reminded me that I have a [b]Magical Give-Away[/b] for folks if interested, just PM me. ;)

Man, that feeling never gets old and still feels [I]GRRREAT![/I] :D
Thanks MB for the magical little give-away. I must admit it wasn't what I was expecting, but I think that made it all the more enjoyable, and I'm leaning ever more toward your philosophy of keeping things simple and streamlined. I wish I'd seen this some time ago!!

My little library of your stuff from VM's site is giving me lots of enjoyment, and keeps opening up new possibilities and ideas. It's enabled me to be more inventive, and today's little bonus has given me a couple more things to ponder and work on.

Thanks buddy. Top bloke!!!

BW

Steve
Well Mb, I thoroughly enjoyed reading through the notes you sent over. Thank you! I absolutely 100% share your less is more philosophy and you've given me a couple of new things to explore. Your gentle, laid-back approach to the subject is the perfect de-stresser - I could read it all day.

Thanks yet again, Mb. Please take care and keep up your fantastic work.
Hey, thanks you guys, so happy you and so many others are enjoying this bit of magical info. 😊

I was quite surprised by all the interest, and that it has come from people well beyond just this forum, and even a few Magi’s from around the globe, well, that’s truly amazing. 🤗
It jammed-up my in-box a bit but that’s OK...That’s “Good Trouble!” 😁👍🏽

I will continue to make it available as long as people seem to enjoy it and find some real value in it. And as I said, just PM me.😉

And in the meantime here, a little magic...Music maestro, please...😁

[YOUTUBE]kNKFEJXHN3o[/YOUTUBE]
[quote]On Jul 4, 2020, funsway wrote:
A smile and a wink! Don't forget those.

Ever there - always ready. That is where the magic come from. [/quote]

Yeah, and it don't take much...maybe but a little "assist" to Ol' JW, and a little touch of Liwag... :D. but yeah, always with a "😉 & a 😊"

[YOUTUBE]xC2z7xQZ-6U[/YOUTUBE]
That's excellent, Marion!
Thanks so much, Ray... :) And like the free giveaway above mentioned here, I've gotten a load of PMs again as to this. :D

It's just a little thing, but cleverly pulls the wool even further over their eyes when using JW. ;) I've never seen this little piece of subterfuge used quite like this before as to this move, but perhaps those that know more than I, might know better...I'm a listening??? 👂🏼

Just the same, thanks for all the interest about this and the giveaway. :)
And Mark, I have actually played with a lot of magic, all sorts of coin magic from the classics to quickie-trickys, and I love it all. But the stuff I love the most are the things I came to learn how to create from what I learned on my journey. I have had some prolific moments of creativity and I'm thankful as I found a few nice things digging in those mines. 😁

You mentioned "3 Fly" as to a coin trick you like and it has been a popular effect for many years now, lots of takes on it and I've had a few down that street myself, but my favorite one is something I sorta simplified of it all, and it goes a little something like this...[i]and a 1 - and a 2 - and a 3...[/I] 😉

[YOUTUBE]8UdMhOo6Ytw[/YOUTUBE]
OK, I just got through "again" clearing out my PMs as to the FREE give-away...So, let her rip! :D

So happy people are finding it worthwhile...Always nice to share, and I do appreciate the many suggestions from your own journeys as everyone's magical path is special. :)
Just playing around here for'ya... 🙃

[YOUTUBE]PujieXdUspk[/YOUTUBE]

This little take is what I often do when I just want to POP! their eyes out on the spot. Not much of any of the usual back & forth, just BANG! 😁
[quote]On Oct 21, 2020, pabloinus wrote:
I took advantage of Marion's free give away. It is an essay and recommendation on "less is more" where he presented 5 tricks with coins, cards, close up, etc. that if you use them, you can have an act in a pocket.
I recommend to reach up to Marion and ask for a copy, very generous.

Thanks Marion [/quote]

😉
Man, I never get tired of this trick. It’s something I learned long ago and it inspired me to learn & create all that I have along my journey. It’s still one of the very best coin tricks ever, no matter how you choose to present it.

I’m glad I still do it for people everywhere I go. It truly never gets old and guarantees instant amazement and very big smiles. 😁

[YOUTUBE]LObzIBhLVw4[/YOUTUBE]
I have to admit that I was expecting some finger-flicking good magic in Marion's "give away", but...

It was refreshing to hear him talk about his current thinking on the practice of magic. Borrowing some his own words, he found that by delivering "less", he delivered "more". By focusing on a few/simpler things, I believe that it builds an appreciation for the good magic that is already out there (and it can save a lot of money by doing so).

It's a perspective that, like he mentions, I was slow at getting around to. (the quote that comes to mind is "You already have too much magic" Vernon?). And boy oh boy, couldn't that saved me a lot of money over the years. Ahhh, but that lesson of "less" is a hard one, and will require more effort :)

So thanks Marion, I enjoyed it... and here's to "more" such contemplations.

John
Just picked up Double Trouble. Love this little effect. Gaff free A+ routine.

Thanks MB
Hey , thanks John. I truly appreciate the kind words and so happy that you like the work FREE give-away. I have received a lot of enthusiasm as to it and the magical guidance & encouragement it offers. Thank you, again. :)

*Oh, and the offer still stands...Just PM me. ;)
And Rich, my thinking always starts like that, with one idea eventually flowing into another idea, where usually a move (or moves) evolves into an effect and or routine...Here's an example of something I was playing with quite a while back...

[YOUTUBE]FIdvd5BOLSg[/YOUTUBE]
[quote]On Sep 8, 2020, Mb217 wrote:
And...

[YOUTUBE]cFk5PcrIwdc[/YOUTUBE]

I’ve posted quite few of my effects in this string, probably none of which you’ll find in any book, which is why you need to look a bit further than that a lot of times, if for nothing else but to maybe find what you don’t quite expect, from someone or someplace you ordinarily wouldn’t expect it from. 😉
Man, what a journey! 🙏🏼😊 [/quote]

And John Jerde, thank you for the kind words and giving my Double Trouble a whirl....It’s a really fun set alright. Hope you enjoy it. 😁👍🏽

And paulieboy, as to my Copper Silver INC. again here...I’m glad you appreciate the smoothness of the effect, honestly it all comes with practice, as does all good things in time. 😊
Talk about going from here to there...Man, here's a blast from the past from my [b]Short Pockets[/b], still one of the best magical things I ever put together, and that's why I continue to make it available on my website. ;)

And believe it or not, along the journey, one rock gets placed upon another one and you eventually come to create even more, like this little piece eventually went into my Copper Silver INC, long ways down the road... :D Man, what a journey.

[YOUTUBE]gvz4fXeAQ-Y[/YOUTUBE]
Didn't think anyone remembered this one until someone posted me about it. That people are still doing this, well, WOW!!! :D

It's another fun one from the journey, and I have made it available again at my website for all those that continue to pass my way. :)

[YOUTUBE]j867JGe9OG0[/YOUTUBE]
[quote]On Nov 21, 2020, Mb217 wrote:
Didn't think anyone remembered this one until someone posted me about it. That people are still doing this, well, WOW!!! :D

It's another fun one from the journey, and I have made it available again at my website for all those that continue to pass my way. :)

[YOUTUBE]j867JGe9OG0[/YOUTUBE] [/quote]

:applause: :applause: :applause:
Mb(!),...ha!..!
Great seeing you get some of the spot-light!
Even GREATER(!),...seeing you play with the silver!

Ahhhhhh,....
smooth, smooth, smooth.
....and,
every thing has purpose. (😉)
.....that's a secret.

......actually(!),
I HAVEN'T read all four pages yet(!..!)!
But, seeing the Thread,
made my smile from ear to ear(!),..
I had to blabber first!

Now,
I'm going to get to reading. 🤓
Thanks for....the passion,...in sharing.
Gallagher
Appreciate all the applause here, thanks guys. I just wanted to show some of the stuff on how I got from here to there. It wasn't always topflite stuff, but more like moving one step at a time. Most of these things just kept growing and grew into other, bigger works as I continued to figure things out and then add what I had learned along the way. This is one of those things, it was first in my [b]Short Pockets[/b] download, but I kept playing with it, different ways of doing it and brought it out on its own and included the old and newer ways to do it...It's still fun to do after all these years... :)

[YOUTUBE]S8ClZ6CGk1Y[/YOUTUBE]
Man, you guys are just too kind, appreciate all the continuing interest in my work and all the PMs with questions about this one. Most everything is on my website below, but this one was made of a couple of things along my way, even found an original move that was deceptively added to the set. ;)

Anyway, this is one of my favorite tricks still to this day, and my addition of an impossible change really made it a real presentation piece for me. :) The MB Transpo part here was something I came up with and continued to develop from a while back in my [b]Short Pockets[/b], but in eventually adding this final piece to it, I better completed it, giving it an even more remarkably magical ending. :D

Also, I usually never do the trick sitting down (just for the camera here) but always standing and moving about, which I can then do a bit more differently and effectively as I better engage the specs before blowing their minds. :)

[YOUTUBE]0cRDiJfusO4[/YOUTUBE]
Nice, of course - and do I detect a transformation into slimmer you?
Copasetic man,....Copasetic! 😊
(Uncle Bill would be proud!)

It DON'T get better then that. 🙃

Marion, I checked out your 'Gumroad Site'(!).
Nice.
Well organized.
Fun to look thru.

I've learned, from watching you,
thru the years;
some Magic is just sööö good(!),
watching it(!..!)...!,
in itself,....is the satisfaction.

Have a good day,
gallagher
A class act, man this guy! Always there to help us. Thank you MB
Thank you, thank you, thank you... Not just because of the good words about the magic and the new website, but also here as to the recognition of me as just me. WOW!

Oh, and by popular demand, I've decided to pull it out of the shadows and make my [b]MB Transpo PLUS[/b] available as we're about to go into a new year. Nice to look back at something so worthwhile as we move forward to hopefully better days. :)

My old buddy and card guy, Jeremy Hanrahan helped me with this long ago but again, for some reason I never released it. Well, upon heightened and renewed request from the craft (and thanks for all the PMs and emails on it), here it is... Enjoy!

[YOUTUBE]URnnApppZv4[/YOUTUBE]
Picked up a couple to add to my "MB Magic" collection. Great stuff at great (and fair) prices.
Hey, thanks PD, I appreciate your support of my work. :)

I appreciate all the interest and compliments as to the NEW website...*Oh, and yes, I just added a manuscript with my new offering of the [b]MB Transpo PLUS[/b]. ;)

I've mostly always done this to lend further insight to the effect, how I got from here to there and why I did this & that. The back story sometimes is more interesting than the story of the journey itself. Also, it gives me the opportunity to better explain things and give you a bit more of the story. ;)

Early on in magic for me, when you bought an effect, all you got was the trick and the printed instructions, there were no videos to download, heck, there wasn't even an internet. :D Anyway, I'm always happy to include this little extra, which for many still remains a big deal as to a physical reference if they so choose to print it out and or maybe just add it to their magic library. :)

*Check it out & Enjoy! :)

https://gumroad.com/mb217magic?sort=price_desc#ZaYnc
Well, got myself quite a few Christmas presents.

Looks like fun. Thanks for putting yourself, and your magic out there MB217!
Thank you, JR and it has been a great pleasure to share my journey with others, and now with you as well...It is what makes it all worthwhile to me. To see others happily able to do all my effects is quite humbling, and I'm happy that folks continue to enjoy my work.

Hey JR, I'm sure you'll find something you like in there, definitely a lot to keep you busy and having fun with. :)

Thanks again for checking out the website, and I appreciate all the compliments as to it. I will post new and or different effects as we go forward into this New Year.

In the meantime... Happy Holidays to All and Good Will Towards Men. 🎄
Just want to say, I appreciate all the continuing interest in my works all year through. It’s a new start for me in a new place from way back when to now. I’m excited and very grateful for the journey that has brought me to this point. 🙏🏽

And so, yet again here I say...Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. 😊

Happy New Year 🎉 and Happy New Magic to all. 🎩

And with that...Now Onward! 👉🏽

*PS...Thanks Julie for all the many years of support...You’ve always been there. Much appreciated, my friend. 😉
Real quick question: Where do you get the "Chinese coin"?
Mine is so obviously NOT a real coin that I dislike using it, but I see from several of your routines that the hole makes for such a nice obvious difference that using an English Penny doesn't really do the effect justice.

I'm loving the videos and .pdfs by the way. The explanations are easy to understand, and the logic you offer makes sense.
I'm back to carrying coins with me everywhere.
First, thanks for all the good words, Josh...so happy you are enjoying my work. 😊

The Chinese coin I use is one I’ve had for many years now, not sure it’s even made anymore, most likely not. But if you’re using half dollar size coins, and you want that hole in the middle aspect to it, try a East African 10 cent piece, they are about the same size, and is a “real” copper coin with a hole in it, pretty one, too. 😉

Incidentally, also quite happy to hear that folks are really liking the new website, I really like it, too. 😁

And glad you are carrying coins “everywhere again”, that’s the way. 👍🏽
So, glad to see you with your own website. The simplicity and focus of your creations should be inspirational to all magicians.

Any thoughts on having insite discussions/forums, etc? That, a place where folks can share results of learning or using your effects,
or using your presentation approach as a framing model? "Where never is heard a disparaging word ..."
Hey, thanks here funs... :D I really try to keep things simple...Why? Well, I can remember early on in magic that things weren't all that simple. Back in those days, if you weren't a part of the click to be able to interact with other magicians at local coffee shops where they met, if you were lucky enough. If you were, then that's where you would learn the good stuff. :D Those were the days. :) And sometimes books weren't all that easy to understand. So, I always thought that I would try to make it easier for people to comprehend when I grew up, :D and with the help of the internet and videos, I've happily been able to do some of that.

And yes, I have been thinking of doing even more, and now that the new website is up & running pretty well, I will try better to figure even more ways to make & keep magic fun, 🎼 ...Where the skies are not cloudy all day 🎶 ;)
It’s been quite a week of great wins and losses. After taking a good while to reflect and to better understand these deep bends in the road, I now look forward to onward...

Appreciate all the PMs and it is my pleasure to help whenever I can as to my work and any magic I may humbly know a little something about.

And again, I appreciate all the continuous visitation to the website, and as promised I have added a couple new things. And I’ll look to add more of my magic periodically. So, keep checking back as like the road, things change.

Thanks again.😊
Hey, just checking here... Has anyone heard from Café member, Ray Haining?

He was a regular poster here on the forum for some years, but haven’t seen a post from him in some while now, months..

Just wondering about him in what was maybe the craziest past year for us all in some time now. Anyway, just concerned a bit. If you’ve heard anything, please post.

In the meantime, I continue to hope all is well: 🙏🏽
Marion, I'm OK. Just recovering from a bit of a health setback (un-Covid related). I should be back in business soon. Thanks for your concern. Much appreciated.
So good to hear...🙏🏽

Keep Moving Forward (KMF!)...👉🏽
I really enjoy stories about magic as they remind me of how I got here in the art. Anyway, here's one that will warm your heart and just make you smile. :) Upon coming across it again, it inspired me to finally put the finishing touches on an old project and now a NEW offering coming soon to my website, called [b]Gifts From The Old Country,[/b] so stay tuned and keep checking back there...;)

In the meantime here, if you've seen it already, well then, watch it again.:D If not, get ready for a real treat as in just a few minutes you'll feel a magic that lasts forever. Either-which-way...Enjoy! :)

[YOUTUBE]DyfM7oLIlp0[/YOUTUBE]
And yes Luke, appreciate you checking out my work... :) And yes, it is the old magic that I appreciate the most. It's the magic that I remember seeing as a kid growing up in NYC, the magic I always strived for. Which is why I have such an appreciation for good old SOH. And I also learned the importance of being a bit well-rounded as to close-up magic in general. And that's why on my website, you'll see a few card tricks along with all the coin work... "variety" has its place and tends to make things quite a bit more interesting. ;)

I actually just posted a card trick on the site, [b]Easy-Peasy[/b], and I always post things that tend to make a decent-at-best coin guy (like myself), look like a pretty darn good card man as well. :D Nothing difficult, but still quite amazing to mix in with all the coin stuff to help make you look like an all-around performer. :) https://gumroad.com/mb217magic?sort=price_desc#JcNvdX

Anyway, this is a peak at an old friend & Café member here, long gone now, that greatly inspired me onward...He was wonderful with coins, but could really do a fine bit of it all...

[YOUTUBE]HmV3Q8cpCkA[/YOUTUBE]
MB HE WAS THE BEST .......I STILL HAVE TWO DVDS HE SENT ME FROM
Yeah, Werner was quite amazing, and a really accomplished magician, and most respected by his peers in his time.

I'm so glad he took the time to record some of his magic from back then and to post it online, as it shows a real love & fun for the art that carried on for a lifetime for him. I'm just glad his lifetime in magic crossed paths with mine at a time when the internet began to better inter-connect us all. It was a real honor to know him and call him a friend (happier that he thought of me as one), and his fine coin & closeup magic will always be regarded as great encouragement and inspiration.

Happy to just think of him now & again...Wish he was still here to see all the magical stuff I surprisingly came up with. :)
Marion he use to talk about the new york coin gods all the time lol
Marion, you lied, the guy in the MB Transpo Plus is Isaac Hayes, I can sense the vibe...

Great routine
Hey thanks Pab, but I could never be as smooth as Issac Hayes, but glad to be in any comparison to him and his piece of magic called, "Shaft." :)

Happy you like the magic, the [b]MB Transpo[/b] remains a real favorite of mine. :) Happy to share it with others as there's so much to learn from it as to some good coin magic, as it really puts the base in your face. :D

In the meantime, here's another wonderful piece of inspiration as to the art, someone as encouraging to my journey as any of the best I've seen. Proving that you're never too old to learn. And so like the great Yogi Bear would say, "Definitely not your average bear," aka, it don't get much better than this... ;)

[YOUTUBE]xa6K2dFlnFE[/YOUTUBE]
After looking back here over the past year, I thank you all for so many of the kind comments as to my work and as to me. It is humbling to hear that so many people around the country and even the world enjoy my contributions to the art. I look forward to meeting some of you out there as you look forward to also meeting me . :)

I remember all the many fine magicians large & small that I came across along my rambling way, and I truly appreciate each and every one of them. They all showed me something worth remembering them by. Which is why I continue to take the time to show you those that you might not have seen, some that you might not know of their works as well as some notable others. It shows that good magic can come from anywhere, and that's about where I learned it from, thankfully from everywhere. And as always, it's not just about me but about us all.

Like Eric Jones, here's another young man I watched grow in the art with pride. I can remember him first being interested in some of my coin work here, and then going on to so much more.. 👏🏽

[YOUTUBE]9S9H9h1G04s[/YOUTUBE]
Yes MIKE IS A TERIFIC TALENTED MAGICIAN HIS RING ROUTINE IT IS THE BEST EVER.PERHAPS HE WILL POST A PERFORMANCE OF HIS ROUTINE

VINNY
So, to answer some questions from PMs (which I love, so keep them coming)... :D

Sleight of Hand (SOH) or Trick Coin magic?

I've tried them both, and while growing up was always attracted to the tricky coins in the showcase window at the old Tannen's Magic Shop in downtown NYC. I had all the staples like Dime & Penny, Scotch & Soda, Nickels to Dime, Copper Silver coin, etc. And I still like those old tricks, but to be honest, I feel I didn't really learn good coin magic until I began to develop good SOH. It is the "how everything works" part of coin magic, even the tricky coins are developed off the SOH that the creators want to spare you of. So, they are aware of the SOH involved (and usually quite good at it themselves) to come up with trick coins that help you avoid the usualy more challenging moves of manipulating the coins. Clever stuff for sure, but there ain't nothing like learning the deeper understanding of SOH, it's like a key to go through any door, to go anywhere you want. :D

There is one more aspect to consider here, and that is to mix & match both SOH and Tricky Coins, when you do, you get the impossible. But it all still takes practice, that's the secret sauce that makes it look like magic. :)

Some of my work uses both, but SOH is always at the base of it all like this favorite... ;)

[YOUTUBE]FRkhB3hzNSo[/YOUTUBE]
Thanks Grady, appreciate the kind words and recognition. :)

And yes, I add new things periodically to the website and appreciate all the comments about it. As a matter of fact, just added another that I've received quite a few notes of interest about... ;)

[YOUTUBE]ahm5fUTv4kA[/YOUTUBE]

https://gumroad.com/mb217magic?sort=price_desc#WaszK
Sometimes things get buried down deep under other things that seem more important at the time. It's always a good thing to go back every now & again and check, as that's how I found a lot of my effects that were worthy of their own spotlight. Coupled with some re-newed thinking, approach, and new audiences, an old trick can shine like a new bit of gold again...especially a cutey-pie like this one... ;)

[YOUTUBE]-N_U0wstmkM[/YOUTUBE]
[quote]On Feb 14, 2021, mindhunter wrote:
With me taking a couple decade hiatus from close-up to focus on my mentalism, my getting back into close-up has me digging out a lot of my old Morgans and other related doubloons. I've struck up some great convos with Marion Boykin, and he has been SO helpful to me regarding something I've been working on.

After catching you with about 20 years of NON Penny & Inner Thoughts posts, I see he has been engaging and helpful with many here at the Café. I also see he has started his own website where he offers some of his incredible effects, and want to post this unsolicited "shout-out" and plug, in case you haven't seen it:

https://gumroad.com/mb217magic

Bryn [/quote]

Thanks so much...Always good to have in some way encouraged good people to this part of the craft, especially someone like this that has done the same things in another important part of the art.

It’s great enough to hear from your own choir every now & again, but when a giant of a guy from another forest in these woods chimes in about you, well, that’s something, and greatly appreciated. ☺️

Big, small & all, it’s always good to go together, all for one. 😊👍🏽
Marion, the use of your Liwag Subtlety in all your videos posted above is amazing. Magicians should study your use of this technique, which is so deceptive. A Liwag added here and there in a coin effect can greatly enhance that effect. It's those little subtleties, those little touches. when added to our tricks, which greatly elevate our magic to a higher level.

You named this thread, "Thank you, so much." I want to thank [i]you[/i] for bringing the Liwag Subtlety to the attention of the magic community. It is a highly valuable tool.
Hey thanks Ray, appreciate the recognition here.

I've been doing & speaking of this for a long time now. As in the beginning, I just wanted to bring attention to something that no one seemed to think much of up until I did. Think I started mentioning, showing & explaining the greater importance of this in about "2008" or so in some of my published work. Up until then, I don't believe it had been so expressed, it didn't even have a name to it so that it could be better identified, demonstrated and explored as I did. I'm happy to have brought it more into focus and shared its brilliance with so many others, here and across the globe, as I really tried to better sprinkle its greater seasoning everywhere for the craft. 😄

Thanks again for the fine recognition by you and so many others of my efforts. 🙏🏽

[YOUTUBE]4jIjHHzvuM0[/YOUTUBE]
Marion(!),
like always,..
a pleasure to watch.

'Powerfull Stuff',..tickles a question out of me, though. (🤔)
In your first Crimp Change tutorial,
is this the 'Blow Change Move' you taught?

The reason I ask, is a bit embarrassing,..
but,
...I origianlly downloaded it to my daughter's computer (😕),
....didn't have my own, at the time.
After learning the 'Crimp',..
I wanted to learn,...'the rest of the story',...
..she'd moved out,..
and won't let me NEAR her button-box today!

Sö,..after all that labbering,..
I guess my question is:
Where do I go to, to learn your 'Blow Change Move'?

Thanks,..
and thanks!
(Ray found the right words,...and thought! 👍)
gallagher
NP my friend, help is on the way. ;)

And thanks for the kind words about my work, and I enjoyed your story about The Greatest, Muhammad Ali (aka, Cassis Clay). I remember him and I having lunch by ourselves during his book tour in NYC back when I covered the sport (Man, I did a little bit of everything). :D We had a blast sharing our love for magic. He even threatened me with that old snarl, grabbing my collar and putting his fist to my chin, as he wanted the secret to a trick I showed him...of course all in the jest that Ali was famous for. Man, what a journey, absolutely magical...And yes, again some Powerful Stuff! :)

[YOUTUBE]PujieXdUspk[/YOUTUBE]
Thank you and I appreciate all the many PMs I’ve received as to this matter of Liwag Subtlety. My story never changes about it, as I called it as it was from the beginning. Plus, it is too well documented here on The Café to try to embellish or change, and that’s because I’ve always told the truth about it. And I don’t think that that truth, that part of the historical record here, has in any way been disproven really, perhaps a bit dismissed as unimportant in some ways, but not disproven. In fact, it is the absolute impetus for all the discussion on all this, at least that’s about where it all starts, with me naming it. I mean, who knew that this little thing, that initially no one seemingly cared anything much about, keeps taking center stage, sorta like the Ambitious Card relentlessly rising to the top of the deck. :D

I’m actually humbled by it all, because at the end of the day, I sorta helped it most to take its own bow as something much more special than it was thought to be by the big, small, and all. And for the record again, if you have my “Little Giant Coin Routine,” aka “Egg Roll” (and a lot of folks do) ;) then you have the work of this in full photo and video explanation, all the way back from circa [b]2008[/b]. And as I remember, it enjoyed good popularity as per the old review strings here on the Café from that time. Here’s a photo (from a series of photos) from the download manuscript, of me showing it, just for the record…

Anyway, it is what it is and always has been really. :) I’m just happy to have shared something provenly more worthwhile than it had been thought to be. Reminds me of the old story of, “Joseph and the Coat of Many Colors,” when young Joe was eventually shown to be much more than the throw-away brother he was initially thought to be…Man, what a triumph. :)