(Close Window)
Topic: Space!!
I need help with where to put stuff. I have almost resorted to hanging things from the ceiling!
Well you're in the right forum. I just organize everything on two or three shelves. For close-up cases go to Lowes. They have a tool case, it is bumpy on the outside and the inside is full of foam with plenty of compartments for every close-up magic prop you could need. Perhaps you could be more specific for what kind of, "Stuff" you need room for?

Shane Wiker
Thanks for the help. Basically just cards and close up stuff that I have a lot of.

Matthias
Underbed storage boxes, on rollers, work wonders.
I couldn't find the organizers that I bought at Kmart for under $20 but these are close...

http://www.action2k.com/akromils.htm#Organizer

Lots of drawers to hold small items and the ones that I have can be hung on the wall...

On mine I printed labels so each drawer has a lable that lets me know whats inside...

Good Luck :goodluck:
If you have a lot of stuff, I like the rolling toolbox idea. Lots of drawers for stuff and easy to organize.
Thanks All. I will try that thanks for the help.

Matthias
For my close-up and most stand-up stuff, I bought a jewelry amior. This, of course, is more for a situation where it is out in the "open" and won't be an eye sore....This is where my frequently used stuff is held for easy/quick access. Other stuff is packed away in plastic organizers as already mentioned.
Hi,
I keep my props in a set of sliding drawers and label the outside of them. But if it's close-up magic, the tool case was an amazing idea.

Prettylady
Wait for Target or Wal Mart to have a sale on Rubbermaid storage bins, then stock up. They are stackable and clear so you can see what's in each one as you're looking for a particular prop sometime down the line.

Good luck,
Shawn
I have a big book shelf dedicated to my magic books/dvds/etc. That saves a lot of room. The actual effects, I put in my various cases.
Rubbermaid storage bins are the greatest. On one of them I installed Wheels {rollers}. Put your props in and you are ready to put the show on the road. It work's for me! :dancing:

SonSHINE
I recently created a box of "crap magic." It is the box where I put stuff that is just terrible magic, or that I no longer use. This saves room in my closeup cases and other cases.
Hey, "crap" is a bad word! Where is the grammar host or staff guys?