(Close Window)
Topic: New TENYO 2021
Www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=3171369832959802&id=1538924519537683
Thanks for sharing gitty!

Looks like the two non card tricks are unusual/unique.

Only 3 so far. May be 2 or 3 more coming.

It will be interesting to see the demos.

Funny but it feels like the 2020 tricks just came out! I really like most of those.
Yes, thanks a lot for sharing this. Would also like to see video performances of these upcoming tricks. Especially to see how the coin is pulled through the hole in this silverish retro-style plate. And I think a forceps is not used that often in magic tricks which also makes this trick a bit unusual.
What are the black amd yellow things with holes in?
I got an email from Hocus Pocus with 4 clever effects. I think I will order all.
I ordered two of them.
[quote]On Aug 24, 2020, mattH wrote:
What are the black amd yellow things with holes in? [/quote]

They change places repeatedly in your hands. In essence, the yellow one turns black and the black one turns yellow.

Looks interesting!
So two of the four are in the classics line, so I'm hoping for 2 more new effects?
Tenyo usually announces all of the new releases at the same time although one year, two of them were made available sometime later. Those were made in China and not Japan which may explain the different release date of those two.

Of course, it certainly is possible that they are delaying the announcement of some but I kind of doubt it. Time will tell...

By the way, the 3 new ones look good and would hit the spot for me personally. I am not counting the deck as a new release because, although it is a new release for Tenyo, the Cheek To Cheek deck is actually an old classic trick deck familiar to many old timers like myself.
Tenyo Tweesers
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nlUUqgLZxtY
For tweezers see also
https://youtu.be/9hQaxaX7-5A
Personally, I like "Honeycomb" and "Tweezers" best so far. "The Blur" also seems to be a fun trick, but since I'm struggling with poor eyesight, I'm a bit reluctant with this one.
Wow "Tweezers" looks awesome !
Umm Cheek to Cheek, really? They have run out of ideas for sure.
[quote]On Sep 22, 2020, robfind wrote:
Umm Cheek to Cheek, really? They have run out of ideas for sure. [/quote]

It is nothing new for Tenyo to release their own brand of classic decks. They have been doing that for years. I believe that the reason they release them is so Japanese magic lovers can acquire classic trick decks. So, they are released for sales in Japan and not really for other countries.
These are out of stock everywhere. Not sure when they will be back. Did anyone get the chance to get any of the items for a quick review, good or bad?
cheers
OK, just heard they usually release end of October to November sometime.
[quote]On Sep 28, 2020, takeachance wrote:
These are out of stock everywhere. Not sure when they will be back. Did anyone get the chance to get any of the items for a quick review, good or bad?
cheers [/quote]

They are not sold out. They are not available for purchase in the US yet. The sites showing them are just getting ready for when they do get them.

That will happen sometime in November or December.

You can see demos of the 2021 line on YouTube. Those are demos by Tenyo and maybe a demo from someone in Japan who already have them since they should have already been released there. In addition, there are opinions of them here on the Cafť in another thread. Those opinions are based on watching the demos and not by actually handling them.

IMHO, all 3 look promising! It appears that one is the Tenyo version of an effect already available, another appears to be based on a currently popular optical illusion, and the third is an interesting deck routine using the distortion of a deck of cards.
Thanks Magical Moments. So do you have to pre order as they go out of stock quickly or just wait till the release?
I am confident that there will be plenty of stock available when they first become available so not to worry.

Ultimately, that decision is yours of course.
The Penguin pages are saying that at least some of them will be in stock on 9/30, and Cheek to Cheek is in stock now.
[quote]On Sep 28, 2020, thecromulent wrote:
The Penguin pages are saying that at least some of them will be in stock on 9/30, and Cheek to Cheek is in stock now. [/quote]

Technically, Cheek to Cheek is not one of the new releases for 2021. It is more like an extra new release in addition to the new line.

I do not see that 9/30 message you are seeing but, if they get them before other US dealers, customers will be pleased but other US dealers will be ticked off.

The competition with selling Tenyo has become fierce.
Take a look:

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S29797

(Maybe it was just the one.)

Evan
New Tenyo releases, release dates, and prices are just more examples of an increasingly complicated world...lol
Old timers like myself know what I am talking about.
Items were only available from yesterday in Japan .
I ordered Tweezers and should receive it tomorrow.
Iíll let you know 🤔
[quote]On Oct 1, 2020, Uncle Joe wrote:
Items were only available from yesterday in Japan .
I ordered Tweezers and should receive it tomorrow.
Iíll let you know 🤔 [/quote]

Yes, available in Japan September and available in the US November is how it goes year after year. Sounds like Tenyo is adhering to their usual release schedule.

I predict that the universal hit will be Magical Honeycomb. In essence, that will be the most well received of the 3 releases for 2021. I am not including the Cheek to Cheek deck because it is an old classic trick deck so not a new release but instead, Tenyo offering an old established classic.
Currently, the new Tenyo tricks are offered for pre-order as bundles at seomagic-usa.com . Ordering one of these sets with at least three of the new 2021 Tenyos will give you also the opportunity to get the 2021 Plus-One trick: "A whole new hole".
Received Tweezers today.
Came with the tweezers,card, gimmick and the typically Tenyo download instructions.
The gimmick does work and after a few slight adjustments to the tweezers I was on my way.
The gimmick is simple. However, the mechanism and function is a little finicky and can result in
a sore finger after endless practice. Itís similar to pulling your finger along side the edge of a blunt knife
and could be difficult to get the necessary grip.
Angles arenít the best . Youíre not as free as Mario Lopez who actually collaborated with Tenyo
in the design of this.
Do I like it ? Will I use it ? Not sure 🤔 Time will tell..
The Tweezers looks really good in the video, super visual. Too bad the angles aren't so good, and it sounds like it can be uncomfortable. Thanks for your honest review. I am looking forward to getting this later in the year when it is available in the US.
I have to admit after playing with this itís actually looking and feeling better.
My advice , donít use the tip of your finger to execute the move.
My wife and daughter, both assistants on stage and know way too much about
Magic both agree that the holding of the tweezers looks a little bulky,as though
Iím palming a watermelon. It probably is an unnatural way to hold tweezers, but it
Will fly by layman.
Iíve decided not to use the card provided. It makes me dizzy just looking at it and it has that cheap
tacky look to it. Easy to create your own routine with this.
[quote]On Oct 3, 2020, Uncle Joe wrote:
I have to admit after playing with this itís actually looking and feeling better.
My advice , donít use the tip of your finger to execute the move.
My wife and daughter, both assistants on stage and know way too much about
Magic both agree that the holding of the tweezers looks a little bulky,as though
Iím palming a watermelon. It probably is an unnatural way to hold tweezers, but it
Will fly by layman.
Iíve decided not to use the card provided. It makes me dizzy just looking at it and it has that cheap
tacky look to it. Easy to create your own routine with this. [/quote]

Can any coin be used, such as an American half dollar?
I am dubious about Honeycomb. Is it just another variation of Color Changing Knife or df coin effects, or is there something extra that can be done? I know it's not yet available, does anyone have some insight?
[quote]On Oct 8, 2020, dragonash wrote:
I am dubious about Honeycomb. Is it just another variation of Color Changing Knife or df coin effects, or is there something extra that can be done? I know it's not yet available, does anyone have some insight? [/quote]

I think the best version is MB Magic Works The Hidden Sun, but I am looking forward to trying out Honeycomb. Yes, it is a variation, but the 3-dimensional shape adds a little something to the trick.
Sorry if no one agrees with this but, this years Tenyo is absolutely the worst. Does anyone thing that Honeycomb will get by anyone? My 8 year old Nephew goes, "All you have to do is !@#$ ** ***r". And again, cheek to cheek, really? The tweezer is so angle sensitive and difficult on your fingers. The only thing that even seems useable is Blurr. I would be surprised if they aren't for sale at half price soon.
Does anyone know if the Magic Tweezers effect will be released here in the U.S. with U.S. Denomination coins as opposed to the Japanese Denomination coins?

Thank you in advance for your reply.
[quote]On Oct 12, 2020, Peter Cuddihy wrote:
Does anyone know if the Magic Tweezers effect will be released here in the U.S. with U.S. Denomination coins as opposed to the Japanese Denomination coins?

Thank you in advance for your reply. [/quote]

You provide the coin (a US quarter, or equal size).
Hi friends,

I've just posted the review for Tenyo's Magic Tweezers.

[youtube]Dx1RCPMw1ek[/youtube]

Enjoy!

Alex Hui
Hong Kong
Please bring back the old Tenyo... They were so inventive with props during the 70s and 80s and 90s. Very disappointed with the new range. As stated, Cheek to Cheek is an old card trick from years ago, and I'm hoping when I receive the Honeycomb I ordered that it's not the same principle of a trick I got included in a children's magic set from about 1974 when I was a young kid, they were not honeycomb shaped, but 2 loops of paper rings (about the size of these Tenyo ones), the secret was so simple (very angular, not to be performed surrounded!) - However, I'm sure these modern Tenyo ones will work is a more complex manner...Surely!!!!!
Hello, I am looking for the directions for the Ninja Experiment. If anyone can help please contact me.
Just received Tweezers and ......its your typical Tenyo trick. The gimmick should/could have been made made thinner in order to accommodate the provided tweezers. The actual "mechanism could have ben made/shaped differently in order to enhance ease of us/activation. I'm thinking of modifying both (thinning it out and modifying). The concept of course is great and I'm not too concerned with the angles. The card doesn't enhance the illusion and I do feel that it actually takes away from the effect. I'd just use the back of the card as its black and will add to the overall look of the coin's appearance. Nice trick but don't expect to look like Mario Lopez.
I really liked the Tenyo releases for 2020. Still having fun handling them. A nice lot of Tenyo magic and for me, the best in years.

Not so happy with the releases for 2021. I have no interest in learning and performing the Tweezers. Blur is okay but not something I would use. I do like Honeycomb and will perform that one as soon as I can go somewhere and do that.

So, IMHO, not a great year for Tenyo but not a problem for me because I am still enjoying the tricks for 2020. You cannot beat 4D Cross! Good old fashioned Tenyo prop like they use to do quite often.
I have purchased the four 2021 Tenyo tricks as presents for grandsons, one 11 years old, the other 8. Obviously, I don't want to open the Tenyo packages, so could someone who knows them all rank them in difficulty. The 11-year-old will get the two more difficult ones. (I know cheek-to-cheek, but that doesn't help me rank the four.) Thanks in advance.
Tweezers is one of the most disappointing tricks iíve ever come across. The gimmick is downright stupid. I know most gimmicks are but this one takes the cake. It is hard on the fingers, requires an unnatural grip/movement (if youíre left handed forget it). It is angle sensitive and cannot be examined. Total waste of money. Youíd be better off getting an ordinary pair of tweezers and going from there.
Hi Everyone!

I have just uploaded a YouTube review of The Blur.

[youtube]lvq1Iujlx60[/youtube]

Enjoy!

Alex Hui
Hong Kong
I haven't opened blur yet, but, I would say the 2 easiest would be honeycomb and cheek to cheek. Both very simple if you can t**n something o**r. On another note, maybe Tenyo actually reads this stuff and knows how disappointing 2021 tricks are. So Tenyo send out a second wave of items, because, 2021 is AWEFUL!!!
What usually has happened in recent years or so is that you will find a fantastic demo of one or more of the new releases and all of a sudden, you will like it. That is because the demo was so well done that you cannot help but to like it. Sometimes there is a new version of the effect and very creative.

So...time will tell if we really like the new Tenyo releases.
I bought Tenyoís Honeycomb recently. It is superb! The angles are great for a Zoom performance. In live performance the spectator has to be in front and only in the front. But thatís not a great constraint. Someone said in an earlier post that their 8-year old wasnít impressed. Thatís probably because he was at eye level. Itís a great trick, just be aware of your angles.
[quote]On Nov 15, 2020, mshanker wrote:
I bought Tenyoís Honeycomb recently. It is superb! The angles are great for a Zoom performance. In live performance the spectator has to be in front and only in the front. But thatís not a great constraint. Someone said in an earlier post that their 8-year old wasnít impressed. Thatís probably because he was at eye level. Itís a great trick, just be aware of your angles. [/quote]

Is it examinable? I'm just now really getting into Tenyo.
Just recently started to recently get into Tenyo. The stuff reminds me of magic toys I bought as a child, but obviously more complex and not the old cups and balls and egg trick.
Hey guys. I reviewed Magical HoneyComb on the latest episode of my review show. Ryland performed it as well.

This is a very clever routine and is a typical Tenyo item. I donít think many working pros will perform it but it looks good and is fin to practice.

Hereís a link to the review but any questions let me know.

https://youtu.be/Me_qFRgRjD8
Your son is a bright young man and a fine magician! You are very blessed to have such a wonderful son!

I enjoyed that review show very much. Looking forward to more reviews from this fantastic father and son duo.
Wish I had come in here before buying Tweezers.
I am looking to buy A WHOLE NEW HOLE...if anyone has one for sale, please message me. I bought most of the 2020 tricks from Penguin before realising I could have purchased the bundle from SEO and got Whole New Hole that way. :/
MSHANKER, you must either perform for imbeciles or children if you think you're going to get away with this Honeycomb t**n o**r move. Probably the worst trick I have ever seen from anyone. Never mind what should be coming out of Tenyo. Should be for sale for $2.
Fiddlin Jonny magics review site on YouTube has put a quick display of the Tweezer effect looks re
ally good
[quote]On Nov 25, 2020, Gazoo wrote:
[quote]On Nov 15, 2020, mshanker wrote:
I bought Tenyoís Honeycomb recently. It is superb! The angles are great for a Zoom performance. In live performance the spectator has to be in front and only in the front. But thatís not a great constraint. Someone said in an earlier post that their 8-year old wasnít impressed. Thatís probably because he was at eye level. Itís a great trick, just be aware of your angles. [/quote]

Is it examinable? I'm just now really getting into Tenyo. [/quote]
No, Honeycomb is not examinable.