(Close Window)
Topic: Magicstream, worth it?
I have been checking out magicstream.com. They claim to be the Netflix of magic.

I'm wondering if anyone has ordered this, and what their impression is.
I got it when it went on sale. I made good use of it but wasn't interested at all in renewing. You can go on the site and see every video they have on offer without buying a subscription, so you'll know what's available before you pay.
Whether or not what's available is worth it is up to you, but their newest and greatest don't go onto Magicstream. This is their back catalog, and a lot of it is going to be pretty dated.

There are quite a few gems, which combined might be worth the price, but if you get a subscription based on the expected value of what will be added to it in the coming year... not so much.

EDIT: I haven't signed on in a few months now, but have gone back to look at what's available, and I don't think I could identify one new video if you paid me to. It's a good concept, but they aren't putting any work into it. It's a way to monetize their low-selling downloads in bulk and not much more. Which is too bad because some of the originals (the interview with Tony Chiang for example) are pure gold, and I wish they'd kept it up.