(Close Window)
Topic: Real Magick: Mind over Matter By Jack Schwarz
Mind over Matter By Jack Schwarz

"MIND OVER MATTER

The importance of Holistic Health-balancing the body, brain, mind and Spirit. Learning of the brainwaves and proper breathing, self regulation, human energies, meditation, and Divine Love Realized."

I've decided to revisit three of his books sitting on my bookshelf for about 12 years after seeing this video.

Aletheia Foundation
http://holisticu.org/

[youtube]5paXjO2fNfQ[/youtube]
David Blaine also does the needle through the arm stunt.

Anyway, what's being promoted here should be viewed with extreme skepticism. Furthermore, I think it's irresponsible to assert that someone can [I]"self-regulate their mind-body coordination so that their physiological processes will be in such a state that they can prevent any disease."[/I]

Also, the website linked is chock full of dubious claims and assertions.

Ron
Focus On Possibilities, Not On Limitations

"This interview with psychophysiologist Dr. Erik Peper reveals self-healing secrets used by yogis for thousands of years. Mind-training methods used by yogis like Jack Schwarz were explored."

[youtube]pLOvrMUfPDM[/youtube]
[quote]On Oct 10, 2020, Natural Mystic wrote:
Focus On Possibilities, Not On Limitations

"This interview with psychophysiologist Dr. Erik Peper reveals self-healing secrets used by yogis for thousands of years. Mind-training methods used by yogis like Jack Schwarz were explored."

[youtube]pLOvrMUfPDM[/youtube] [/quote]

Platitudes aside, this does nothing to strengthen the claims of the OP. This video is just more new-agey pseudoscience. The discussion centers around mental focus for pain management with some anecdotes of Jack Schwarz handling hot coals, walking on an injured ankle, etc. The anecdotes notwithstanding, the fact of the matter is that 1) some people naturally have a higher tolerance for pain, and 2) mental attitudes can play a role in how well one deals with pain (see placebo effect). But there’s nothing mystical or unusual about that. Where this goes off the rails is in it’s implication that the proper mind techniques can somehow conquer illness, pain, etc. Plus, a visit to Peper’s website reveals that he promotes the debunked practice of Therapeutic Touch and touts the discredited theory of a “vital energy field.”

The bottom line is that aside from any claims of meditative relaxation, this stuff should not be taken seriously. And as I said before, it crosses the line when it makes bold claims about disease prevention and healings.

Ron