(Close Window)
Topic: Guesses on Prof BC's new effect...
So a few days ago, Dan sent his mailing list a video about order updates. The video was really super cool. Dan has lately been lifting the veil a bit on his arcane secrets with occasional videos showing his workshop and works-in-progress, which are fascinating. While discussing this on his update vid, he spent a few seconds tantalizing us with a shipping box on a table, explaining that this contained [i]the latest Prof BC effect[/i]. He said basically nothing about it, except that the props were amazing, and we will love the effect.

As he brushed over it and the scene cut away, I was left with eyes agog, mouth agape with a Cheeto stuck in it, with an unformed scream trapped in my lungs. He said we would know more in a couple of weeks.

Here is my guess on what it is, based on available evidence thus far.

The shipping box was not super large--I would say medium sized. There was only one box shown. I have to assume that it contained the pieces that Dan will distribute to the UK and surrounding areas, while the rest are with Prof BC for US shipment.

We know it isn't a book effect. Physically, it must be pretty small and compact, like Gyre or Confundamus. Okay, I'm just gonna go for it:

I believe this is small a piece of Victorian-era art containing wood and porcelain pieces (or polymer clay made to appear porcelain).

I believe there may be a brass piece as well, possibly disk-shaped.

I believe that this will be the next in the Realm of Faerie series.

I believe that the performer holds the wooden item, and the spec holds the porcelain item, and an incantation is recited. When we open our hands, the two items have impossibly SWITCHED, and to top it off, the brass disk now reveals something crazy that was ONLY in the spec's MIND!

Well... I took my shot!

C'mon, who else wants to hazard a guess?? :pop:

Seth
Thanks for guessing.

Hint? Dan has the prototype. That box held only one . . . and a good deal of UPS padding.

BC
Oh dear... I was way, waaaaaay off.

Wow, this item will be substantial!!

I'm amending my guess. I still say Victorian art. But now I say statue, or some kind of clock, or clock-work device.

The mists are receding... it is all becoming clear...

Seth
I'm glad you're onto something Seth, 'cause I got nothing. I was looking for clues in Dan's video, but there was nothing to be seen. Now that BC has given us a huge clue regarding the package - which is a good size - I'm not sure where to begin. It may be worth going back to his old posts to see if he hinted at something, but I doubt it. In the past his cards have been held very close.
For loyal owners of Prof BC items, the truth is out there...
I guess it will be expensive.

I win !!!
There is a small box, inside the box are thingies, these thingies do mysterious stuff.....😉
Although Dan's video was cool to see his shop & projects, the Prof's box with prototype inside was a nice teaser !

Yes David, the "place" to keep up on this has been mucho tantalizing with what the Prof has his newest piece of art to unleash upon us soon ! Can't wait & already saving up.
It is quite exciting to know a Prof BC thingy is around the corner! Will clearly be a post-Xmas effect... since it is a prototype, it will be a bit longer of a wait, I assume.

I briefly saw a couple of amazing prototypes of Prof BC pieces at ECSS 3 in 2017, which havenít seen the light of day. (I haven't attended ECSS more recently.)

Also, in the workshop he led he described an amazing larger piece that he crafted that Iíve been dreaming of ever since. (He describes it with less detail in his book). Hard to imagine it would be that, tho... donít think it was ever meant for eyes of the great unwashed....

Aaaaaaaagh!! The suspense! Canít wait for Danís update, even though Iím certain he wonít say much, lol!!!

Seth
[quote]On Dec 3, 2020, David Eichler wrote:
For loyal owners of Prof BC items, the truth is out there... [/quote]

GET HIM, GUYS!! David knows something... and we're gonna make him TALK!!

EDIT: omg... I found the secret info storehouse being hinted at... thank you David, we won't torture you after all...

:)
...you would not find me...only my doppelgšnger...
[quote]On Dec 3, 2020, Seth speaks wrote:
[quote]On Dec 3, 2020, David Eichler wrote:
For loyal owners of Prof BC items, the truth is out there... [/quote]

GET HIM, GUYS!! David knows something... and we're gonna make him TALK!!

EDIT: omg... I found the secret info storehouse being hinted at... thank you David, we won't torture you after all...

:) [/quote]
Gosh I have almost ALL of Prof BC's creations (well 90%) but not sure where this clue is posted...unless the insider owner BC Forums?
WARNING...SPOILER ALERT. I can confirm that the new Prof B.C item is in fact a very small wooden box that contains an imp that will do your magical bidding. It must be fed two drops of your own blood each night and comes with a small sack of blessed salt mined deep in a secret Tibetan salt mine. The box should only be opened when safely within a circle formed of this blessed salt. Iím sorry but I just couldnít keep this secret any longer.
Found the info I was seeking, being a loyalist to inside the "crypt" forums!
Cannot wait for the release, but must be patient for a couple months methinks.
I heard a rumour it will sell for $375 and include a new digital tv.
The secret has been revealed. OSSUARY by PROF BC is now on Lebanon Circle's Facebook page. Seek, and ye shall find.
More info in the latest Lebanon Circle Newsletter here -

https://madmimi.com/s/d166b11

Darkly

Dan
Another gift to the magic community from the good Professor. This looks to be an outstanding reinvention of how to execute this scientific principle. Leave it to PROF BC to take something potentially mundane and make it into something mysterious and potentially miraculous.
Gorgeous props. Hoping someone picks that up and performs it at either Bizarre Hauntings or ECSS so I can see it live.
This looks absolutely [i]stunning![/i] I love it, and those gorgeous trinket boxes lend such a theatrical air! I'm very interested in the Tibetan aspect that Prof BC lays out.

This is going to play beautifully; I can feel it in my bones...
Wow, incredible props. Beautifully done Prof BC.
I love this so much. 2020's been hard money wise but this seems hard to pass up.

Lenz's Law is such a cool science demonstration, but bringing out a metal tube seems so limiting. This prop seems organic, spooky, and allows a magical demonstration without a high school science teacher vibe.
I haven't purchased this yet so this isn't a review, but it seems like you could really get some good story telling in with this.
You can never go wrong with bones.... hmmm.... I should dig up my Bone of the Elders from the crypt and consider making an entire series of Fossilized Fragments of Fear presentation (alliteration how I love you). Props of Prof BC are always Best of Class... and these look to be as always so nicely made!
Very keen on this new offering. Really creative and simply exciting.
Too bad the good professor didn't check with me first. I have a bunch of real human femur bones in the back room. Not everything will grind in the cremation process. Just remember the femur bone is connected to the knee bone.
[quote]On Dec 21, 2020, weepinwil wrote:
Too bad the good professor didn't check with me first. I have a bunch of real human femur bones in the back room. Not everything will grind in the cremation process. Just remember the femur bone is connected to the knee bone. [/quote]

You might want to do a quick inventory check Harold, they do look remarkably realistic. Iím just saying.
[quote]On Dec 21, 2020, Bogbadger wrote:
[quote]On Dec 21, 2020, weepinwil wrote:
Too bad the good professor didn't check with me first. I have a bunch of real human femur bones in the back room. Not everything will grind in the cremation process. Just remember the femur bone is connected to the knee bone. [/quote]

You might want to do a quick inventory check Harold, they do look remarkably realistic. Iím just saying. [/quote]

They do, but fake ones taste funny when you lick them. Sort of similar to the taste a clown leaves in your mouth when you eat them. That is why cannibles never eat clowns.
I too am so excited about this!
Excited to hear at least one type of effect got this, although I know it sounds quite adaptable to theme, style, persons, etc.
Prof BC's Ossuary will go live on 9th January at 1800 GMT (1300 EST)

Just head over to the Lebanon Circle store and the page will magically appear long enough for 70 lucky customers to grab a copy before it vanishes forever!

Darkly

Dan
I really love the look of and idea behind this, and it would complement my Bone of the Elders really well!
However, let me play devil's advocate for a moment - I love the creativity that went into this and I am guessing it is not that easy to produce and I am all for supporting the small businesses in our community, but this time I have difficulties to retrace the pricing?
Don't get me wrong, I know I don't have to buy this, but I would like to, hence my question.
Once again, this is no offensive, just a question...
These props look super high quality, all Prof BC magic seems amazing, hope to own something he created one day.
[quote]On Jan 7, 2021, Skeleton wrote:
I really love the look of and idea behind this, and it would complement my Bone of the Elders really well!
However, let me play devil's advocate for a moment - I love the creativity that went into this and I am guessing it is not that easy to produce and I am all for supporting the small businesses in our community, but this time I have difficulties to retrace the pricing?
Don't get me wrong, I know I don't have to buy this, but I would like to, hence my question.
Once again, this is no offensive, just a question... [/quote]

It is a fair question.

Pricing is always difficult for me, so I tell Dan what my products cost me to produce (out-of-pocket expense) as well as the time it took to develop, design, and build (in this instance, over four months of almost constant work). Like any theatre production, the audience never sees the months of work and expense that go into creating a 'simple' set that the audience merely accepts as real and ignores. What you do not see in the kit is the handmade moulds I had to produce for the castings, the specialty equipment (degassing chambers, pressure casting chambers) that I had to buy and have installed for this effect (and, admittedly, the next, which is to be a set of hand-cast bookends to go with my Doppelganger effect), and the engineering required to fit the required equipment into the confines of a human femur (how I wish I could take a bow for that, but there was no one here on the day of that particular triumph back in September). I was able, on a good day, to produce 3 femurs. I made 75 (not counting the numbers of failures and prototypes before reaching a final, working design). Each trinket box took 7 hours to cast, cure, degate, trim, prep, and age). I made 225 (not counting again the ones that did not come out of the mould right). All of this I did myself. I had the m****ts specially made to exacting specifications, which cost a lot in consulting time and real money. I had the wooden container boxes custom made by a carpenter and am even today (were I not admittedly procrastinating to write this--for which I thank you sincerely!) ageing and staining at a rate of one every 25 minutes--with 85 to do. The time to design each item I do not include. The arithmetic is apparent, particularly when you consider that I am truly a one-person operation. No assistance, no help but what I commission and pay for. Just me.

In the end, Dan considers my effort and expense, evaluates my workmanship and the effect itself (the performance manual takes time to develop and write, too), and then he suggests the price at which he thinks it should sell. I then ask him to sell it for about 3/4 of that, sometimes 1/2.

As I say, pricing is always difficult for me. You paint a picture, what do you sell it for? The cost of paint and canvas? The time you spent creating it on an hourly basis? The calculation of what your paintings fetch on the secondary market? The amount a person is willing to pay for it? I honestly do not know.

I am regularly asked if it bothers me that people often turn around and sell my works for as much as twice what I charged originally. My answer is always the same: I receive what I consider a fair price. If someone later sells it for considerably more than he spent (especially in these times when finding extra money can make all the difference), I am in fact delighted.

Bear in mind also that on a day such as today, when I am spending fourteen hours in a dank, cold workshop feverishly rushing to complete everything for Saturday's launch, I am not only bordering on exhaustion but fear as well. I have no guarantee that even one will sell, let alone the relatively high percentage of units that will mark my break-even point (never mind profit!) Unlike many creators, I do not ask for orders or seed money up front and ask you to wait until I build your piece. I take the risk of creating a number of high-end (and expensive-to-produce) pieces wholly on speculation. This way, your item is in your hands as soon as the carrier can deliver it. You are buying an item that is ready-to-ship, and you can track that shipment practically from the moment you pay for your piece. I consider this good customer service.

Years ago, I broke with Outlaw when I saw the shoddy way it was beginning to treat its customers and moved to Lebanon Circle because Dan is scrupulously honest. When I did, I vowed to myself never to play that Ponzi scheme game that Outlaw played of taking new money to fulfill old orders (until it finally caught up with him). And, as Caesar's wife must be above suspicion, I cannot in good conscience take money for an item that I have not yet made.

So, what you are paying for is all of this plus, perhaps of equal importance, a prop and effect unique in the world (I will never make more than 75, which are in fact now already made, nor sell more than 70 of those--nor allow anyone else to license and make my pieces).

You are also paying for something that goes along with every magic trick: the secret. In this case, I have made clear what makes the prop work (Lenz's Law and the Faraday Law of Induction), but what no one knows is how I have used these scientific principles to create magic. You are in this regard also paying for dozens of handlings, routines, subtleties, and scripts that accompany the props--insights & ideas unavailable with any other magic effect on earth because they are unique to me and these props.

You are right to ask about price. No need to apologise. It is your money, and I am keenly aware of that fact. I pledge to do now and going forward that which I have always done: create boutique magic that fulfills the expectation of bizarre magic performers and connoisseurs.

I thank you, most sincerely, for asking and giving me this opportunity to explain.

BC
Prof BC, as an oil painter artist meself, I so appreciate your expression in detail of the Ossuary price question issue, etc. No question in my mind of its value.
As I am on a budget fence though in terms of the Ossuary versus the intriguing forthcoming bookends (seemingly perfect for my nearly complete number of Dopps collection) could you please (when you get a few moments) provide a brief more detailed description of the overall bookend creation?
Thanks for All you do,
Bill Meeker ("Doc Ben")
Sent you a PM, Bill.
Of course, I can not currently afford this but not because it is too high priced but because the money isn't available for it. After reading the price explanation I appreciate more all the work that wentinto this creation and can not imagine the tedious hours spent and frustration with the failures. I must commend those who have such patience.
[quote]On Jan 7, 2021, PROF BC wrote:

You are right to ask about price. No need to apologise. It is your money, and I am keenly aware of that fact. I pledge to do now and going forward that which I have always done: create boutique magic that fulfills the expectation of bizarre magic performers and connoisseurs.

I thank you, most sincerely, for asking and giving me this opportunity to explain.

BC [/quote]

Wow, thank you so much for this detailed information and explanation, I already thought that a lot of work had gone into this - but what you decribed exceeds all my conceptions!

So I am even more tempted now, but as aforementioned money is very tight at the moment...

Well, I will see what I can do, but I wish you by all means all the success possible!
Sent you a PM, Bill. [/quote]

Maybe misdirected? I did not get pm yet, Prof BC!
I wouldn't have been able to afford it either, but I just won my Fantasy Football League Super Bowl and am rubbing my hands in gleeful anticipation.
Send me a PM to please.

Best regards,

Craig
Bill, it probably went to your other profile (DocBen) that Prof BC was responding to, instead of your DocBenWiz profile that you are using now...

Seth

[quote]On Jan 7, 2021, DocBenWiz wrote:

Maybe misdirected? I did not get pm yet, Prof BC! [/quote]
[quote]On Jan 8, 2021, Seth speaks wrote:
Bill, it probably went to your other profile (DocBen) that Prof BC was responding to, instead of your DocBenWiz profile that you are using now...

Seth

[quote]On Jan 7, 2021, DocBenWiz wrote:

Yes. Thanks....Got it, more than satisfied....now hoping Prof BC can return uninterrupted to his amazing tasks.
I am now calculating my "investment/collector" resources in possibly "going out on a limb"...(concretely a human femur?...ha,ha) and still planning a definite "stretch" between bookends in due time.

Maybe misdirected? I did not get pm yet, Prof BC! [/quote] [/quote]
Wow....Ossuary is launched today!
Decision time....!
Since any UK buyers are likely to be first and fastest to obtain this, I would love to hear of there 1st reactions, mini reviews.
:thanx:
They ship from the USA.
[quote]On Jan 9, 2021, Jack Straw wrote:
They ship from the USA. [/quote]
Oh, good to know as I thought shipped from UK and that was why cost was high for shipping.
Makes me feel better about chances of getting it safely without Customs ripping open a box they X-ray with a thigh bone, LOL.
About $54US shipping in the USA; $100US shipping worldwide.
Wow!
Everything comes in a wooden box.

It's all got to be pretty big and pretty heavy.
42 copies sold in the first 5 hours so there is still stock remaining.

Darkly

Dan
I hope the contents are clearly declared as theatrical props. I have had customs issues with bizarre items that were far less suspicious than a large and authentic looking human bone...!
From the manual alone, I know this will be hugely popular and appreciated in the bizarre community. Lots of different ways to perform this.

As with all BC offerings, so much thinking and so much hard work have gone into this.

I do hope the post works, but expect delays.

I just wanted to thank BC and Dan for making this available.

Best wishes

Dr Todd
[quote]On Jan 10, 2021, theghostcompany wrote:
I hope the contents are clearly declared as theatrical props. I have had customs issues with bizarre items that were far less suspicious than a large and authentic looking human bone...! [/quote]

Yes! I thought about that (after the prototype to Dan was long-delayed in both US and then UK customs). All outgoing customs forms now read 'Theatre props' and detail the 'wooden box, resin-cast bone and boxes, m@***ts' (properly spelled out) in the hope that we do not shock and confuse the overworked postal service and customs officials!

AND the first 42 (thank you, thank you!) are now packaged, labelled, and scheduled for Monday pick-up. Each purchaser should currently find an email confirmation with tracking in the email account s/he gave when ordering.

Thank you again, so very sincerely, for your support and enthusiasm. I do genuinely hope and believe that you will be most pleased with Ossuary.

BC
You might all be interested to know that since the New Year the cost of shipping has come down considerably. So the retail price of Ossuary has been reduced by £20 as from now.

All previous orders have received a shipping refund to reflect the new price.

Darkly

Dan
And WHEN does that ever happen??

How amazing of you guys. THANK YOU, Prof BC and Dan!!

Seth

:bubbly: :dancing:
[quote]On Jan 11, 2021, Seth speaks wrote:
And WHEN does that ever happen??

How amazing of you guys. THANK YOU, Prof BC and Dan!!

Seth

:bubbly: :dancing: [/quote]

They both have the most awesome integrity!
:thanx:
Mmmm mmm mmm. How I love to tuck in to a pipping hot performance manual from PROF BC.
[quote]On Jan 11, 2021, LebanonCircle wrote:
You might all be interested to know that since the New Year the cost of shipping has come down considerably. So the retail price of Ossuary has been reduced by £20 as from now.

All previous orders have received a shipping refund to reflect the new price.

Darkly

Dan [/quote]

Thank you! It helped towards the customs charge :-)
Well, mine arrived, and it is magnificent!! The Prof is right, the best thing to do is just get out and start playing! Use the manual and keep trying out all the moves. This looks even better in person, and feels great in the hands. Fair warning--these m****ts are [i]very[/i] strong! I'm thinking about doing a video unboxing...
Go on Seth, thatíd be great. Itíll ramp up the anticipation for us waiting
[quote]On Jan 14, 2021, Seth speaks wrote:
Well, mine arrived, and it is magnificent!! The Prof is right, the best thing to do is just get out and start playing! Use the manual and keep trying out all the moves. This looks even better in person, and feels great in the hands. Fair warning--these m****ts are [i]very[/i] strong! I'm thinking about doing a video unboxing... [/quote]

Would be great to see an unboxing!
:ohyes:
Can Seth actually do a unboxing video post unboxing? Wouldn't that technically be a re-unboxing video, which I believe would also entail a rare un-unboxing prior to the re-unboxing.
[quote]On Jan 15, 2021, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Can Seth actually do a unboxing video post unboxing? Wouldn't that technically be a re-unboxing video, which I believe would also entail a rare un-unboxing prior to the re-unboxing. [/quote]

Been inhaling that incense candle again.
How about a deboxing?
I think only a priest or Rabbi can perform a deboxing......😜
Maybe a unboxing autopsy (or autopsy unboxing) video since a thigh bone is involved.....
Here are some Reeboks with the legs still attached: https://www.zalando.nl/reebok-classic-reebok-legacy-sneakers-laag-chalkdynamic-bluewhite-re011a0f0-a11.html

Sorry, too cheesy...
[quote]On Jan 15, 2021, Merlinsmagic wrote:
I think only a priest or Rabbi can perform a deboxing......😜
Maybe a unboxing autopsy (or autopsy unboxing) video since a thigh bone is involved..... [/quote]

Talking about unboxing makes me nervous. Did it once and had to start giving a 'Bring 'Em Back Alive Guarantee's. If we bury your loved one and they are still alive, we will refund your funeral cost. But the warranty is void when the seal on the coffin is broken.

In my defense, he was a politician, and we all know you can't believe a politician, even when they say that ain't dead.
Curious to hear/see any previews or reviews now maybe that some have "bone in hand"...?
:sun:
ďBone in hand?Ē Oo er missus! Mine reached UK customs at 23.50 last night and went through by 9.30 this morning. They certainly didnít wanna hold on to it.....
Okay, I finally got around to doing the video this afternoon, and here it BE:

https://youtu.be/U_ZsfVEb8PY

Seth
[quote]On Jan 24, 2021, Seth speaks wrote:
Okay, I finally got around to doing the video this afternoon, and here it BE:

https://youtu.be/U_ZsfVEb8PY

Seth [/quote]

This was awesome to see Seth, great job and thanks for sharing!
The effect at the end was mind-blowing. Not sure how it was accomplished without camera trickery, but we now have a better insight into the magical genius that is you.
Thanks so much, guys! First video I've ever created, edited, or published anywhere. I mean, aside from just posting iPhone snippets on FB and stuff. (Took me about an hour yesterday to learn iMovie basics; so easy and intuitive, just click and drag...) Just a warning to viewers of my video--it's ten minutes of your life you won't ever get back... :D

I think it will get easier as it goes, so I'm planning some more reviews--next in line is Psycho Seance, which I promised WitchDoc Chris [i]forever[/i] ago (SO sorry!!), and also The Bellon Visual Stack, which finally allowed my crappy brain to memorize a stack in like two days a few months ago, and I haven't forgotten it yet...

But not to derail this thread... Ossuary is SO HIGHLY recommended. I think it is one that won't be performed often, but more for special occasions. I showed it to my youngest daughter last weekend, and she was mesmerized by the sloooow drop of the pearl!

I also forgot to mention this on the video, but that I think Ossuary might go well with BOG from Vic at Gemini as they both have certain principles and props in common. I don't have it yet (will grab it when I can) and there may be issues with the size of the musket balls or something, but I feel that could be worked around with a little creativity. A werewolf tale... perhaps the bone is purported to be from the actual Beast of Gťvaudan..? (Anyone with both effects care to weigh in on whether it would work?)

Additionally, I think it would actually be great for kids shows! I've done occasional pre-Covid shows for my girl's classes (I have one clip on FB my wife shot of me warming up a classroom with Mark Strivings' Rubber Chicken Monte--they went insane!!) and I will certainly be bringing this next time! As an ancient bone, it is a scientific curiosity, and then dropping a black bead in one end and having it drop out as a gold bead, or having it disappear... I think they would love it and it could be very funny! Any science teacher should also pick this up... and get ready to be the most popular teacher in the district! This leaves the standard Lenz's Law tube experiment in the DUST...

Anyway, thanks again for the kind words. Ossuary is going quickly... grab it before you regret it!

Seth
Great vid Seth ! Saving up for this & hopefully before it sells out.....the bone does look awesome & the slow ball does look creepy as all hell, I think you just kicked up sales for the remainder of these.

However now my extreme grievance with you is your "What's in my wallet" routine not in manual - you've just increase the value 10 fold !! Hopefully the price doesn't skyrocket to $6666.66 per.....🤪🤣🤣🤣🤣
Seriously though Seth, loved your vid & now more than ever I want one !!!!
Thanks for the non unboxing with lil demo 😁
Seth,

Thank you for making that video. It sounded amazing just from the description and pictures on the Lebanon Circle site, but seeing it in someone's hands you get a much better sense of scale and of what you can accomplish with it.
I look forward to future videos.
Seth great video. Ossuary is amazing and I have been thinking the same thing about combining it with the bog. I have ossuary but not the bog. It has been sold out on the Gemini Artifacts website for a while now. I would also like to hear from someone with both in case they come back available in the future.
[quote]On Jan 24, 2021, bubbles wrote:
Seth,

Thank you for making that video. It sounded amazing just from the description and pictures on the Lebanon Circle site, but seeing it in someone's hands you get a much better sense of scale and of what you can accomplish with it.
I look forward to future videos. [/quote]

OMG, thanks so much for the video. It so changed my perception of the large size of the bone, which I did not appreciate from the Leb Circ site (Dan should add a pic of so one one holding it to show the size!) My mind is reeling now as I had written off it being in my budget. Now may have to re-tweak as I am already 🤔 ng of performance options which fit my performance genre. I love my JTR routines (From Hell v.2 etc) so thinking , what if a "haunted bone of a Ripper victim and pearls or jewelry remnants ,(the balls) as trophies from victims?! Also I have my Titanic (Whitestar) and Fathoms routines, wherein would fit the "found haunted bone of a Titanic victim" and the odd-acting pearls, jewelry ball remnants?!
Seth, your video will cause a sell-out soon I am sure!
:worry:
Oh, and we thought an old English coin or a satanic Jewelry piece in a chain pendant was "cool" for bizarre pendulum m effects? How about a haunted human thigh bone dangling on a cord for pendulum effects?
Seth, can the lanyard / aiglet be used as a pendulum, or are the proportion and weight wrong? I'm guessing the cord is too thick, but just curious.
[quote]On Jan 24, 2021, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Seth, can the lanyard / aiglet be used as a pendulum, or are the proportion and weight wrong? I'm guessing the cord is too thick, but just curious. [/quote]

If the cord/lanyard is too short or too thick, just substitute a long enough thin non-magnetic chain let through the limb and try as a pendulum?
Thanks, everyone, for the positive feedback! Happy some found it helpful in making a decision.

Greg, thatís a good thought, but the lanyard is pretty thick, and the brass aiglet is decorative and very light, so I donít see it working very well as a pendulum.

I will add, however, that this kit is ripe for adding various props and dressing of your own (and you may be doing so, at Prof BCís suggestion, for at least one of the routines) so I can totally see adding in a primitive or ritualistic item that can be used as a pendulum.

Seth
Okay, after actually trying out the lanyard as a pendulum, I must amend my comment a bit. It isn't a great one, but it is workable. I think it would benefit from an added weight of some kind attached just above the aiglet and then it might actually work fine!

Seth
If a Tibetan theme, one or more "chinese"/Asian coins with the hole in center sounds like would be fine for pendulum work!
:thanx: :thumbsup:
I ran into this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangling

I donít own Ossuary, but I thought about possibilities for story telling. The ĎKanglingí (ritual) could very well be a source for that. It could give an (additional) explanation for the Ďtunnelí that is drilled through the bone? And the story is fascinating.

Cheers, Luc. :spoon:
[quote]On Jan 25, 2021, Delimbeau wrote:
I ran into this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangling

I donít own Ossuary, but I thought about possibilities for story telling. The ĎKanglingí (ritual) could very well be a source for that. It could give an (additional) explanation for the Ďtunnelí that is drilled through the bone? And the story is fascinating.

Cheers, Luc. :spoon: [/quote]

Many thanks for this. Very cool.
Compelling reference Delinbeau! Thank you.
Yes, gives great credible reason for the hole drilled through!
Agreed; terrific resource and premise! Thanks Luc!
So, I am NOT suggesting anyone do this, and Prof BC might recommend against it. However, in the spirit of reckless experimentation, I did find that inserting some balled-up flash paper about a quarter inch into the copper tube and igniting it, caused a quite impressive fireburst out of the end of the bone that made me feel a bit like Gandalf...

Seth
I always thought that the hole was not drilled through, but was where the marrow rotted out.
Or in case of a vampire, the marrow was removed on purpose....
Or it was the one bone you could obtain from a museum auction of a completely assembled skeleton, the hole having been drilled through it and many of the skeleton's bones to enable solid construction!
:exclaim: :fyi: :worry:
[quote]On Jan 26, 2021, DocBenWiz wrote:
Or it was the one bone you could obtain from a museum auction of a completely assembled skeleton, the hole having been drilled through it and many of the skeleton's bones to enable solid construction!
:exclaim: :fyi: :worry: [/quote]

Very well 'articulated', Doc. (sorry. sorry.)

Seth: I gotta get me one a' them wallets!

BC
Sometimes interesting to see the performance or some video demonstration of Prof BC tricks! Just to feel them more and to kick myself to buy it )
[quote]On Jan 25, 2021, Seth speaks wrote:
So, I am NOT suggesting anyone do this, and Prof BC might recommend against it. However, in the spirit of reckless experimentation, I did find that inserting some balled-up flash paper about a quarter inch into the copper tube and igniting it, caused a quite impressive fireburst out of the end of the bone that made me feel a bit like Gandalf..
Seth [/quote]

"Makes note to never lend his Dopps to Seth without taking out adequate insurance"
[quote]On Jan 25, 2021, Seth speaks wrote:
So, I am NOT suggesting anyone do this, and Prof BC might recommend against it. However, in the spirit of reckless experimentation, I did find that inserting some balled-up flash paper about a quarter inch into the copper tube and igniting it, caused a quite impressive fireburst out of the end of the bone that made me feel a bit like Gandalf...

Seth [/quote]

. . . you shall not pass.
[quote]. . . you shall not pass. [/quote]

LOL!! (Haven't we all occasionally busted out with that phrase, in our best Ian McKellen tone..!!)

An impressive little fire effect, that I have now replicated a few times. I have concluded, to my personal satisfaction, that occasional use of flash paper in the end of the tube will not damage the Bone. The only after-effect I have found is a small bit of black residue in the tube that is easily wiped away. I haven't seen any change to the surrounding resin, though I imagine a bit of soot around the opening might only enhance its appearance...

Informational, of course. I don't recommend this at all, to anyone. Be safe, don't play with fire, and don't mess around with your expensive new bone.

Besides, I have no idea how it could be put to practical use... but you can't tell me that Gandalf didn't goof around a bit with his cool stuff when he was alone..!

Seth

p.s. THANK YOU PROF BC for putting your heart and soul into this beauty!! Thank you and Dan for releasing this to the public!!

:dancing:
I thought I could resist. Alas, I could not.
Indeed... the bone is willing, but the flesh is weak... :D
[quote]On Jan 31, 2021, Bogbadger wrote:

"Makes note to never lend his Dopps to Seth without taking out adequate insurance" [/quote]

Ha ha! Always remember, Boggy--you can pick your friends, and you can pick your Dopps, but you can't lend your friends Dopps...

Seth
[quote]On Feb 2, 2021, Seth speaks wrote:
[quote]On Jan 31, 2021, Bogbadger wrote:

"Makes note to never lend his Dopps to Seth without taking out adequate insurance" [/quote]

Ha ha! Always remember, Boggy--you can pick your friends, and you can pick your Dopps, but you can't lend your friends Dopps...

Seth [/quote]

And you can pick your nose but maybe not your friend's nose.
[quote]On Feb 1, 2021, Winks wrote:
I thought I could resist. Alas, I could not. [/quote]

Still "on the fence" for a couple personal reasons. Please pm me about the following; I am not looking for "secrets" but just wonder about the three "trinket" boxes....are they special in some way (don't tell me as I could guess) or are they just that, highly crafted little boxes with nothing "gimmicky" about them?
I ask because I might have an idea to use them related to another recent special "bizarre" purchase. Thanks
:genielamp:
Boxes are not special.
[quote]On Feb 13, 2021, Jack Straw wrote:
Boxes are not special. [/quote]

Thanks,....somewhere I thought I read someone referring to them being used as a ©#0p ©μp...?
:coffee:
They can be used in that way, but the boxes are innocent and unprepared.
[quote]On Feb 14, 2021, Wizard of Oz wrote:
They can be used in that way, but the boxes are innocent and unprepared. [/quote]
Cool, thnx!
:exclaim:
I wonder if anyone had thought of referring to the special boxes as mini "cremation remains" boxes...minus the ashes of course. Although the "pellets" or balls could be what was found in the cremation remains afterwards?
Maybe even the bone is one that somewhow did not get "burned up" with the rest of the cadaver?
:wow: :fruity:
Here is an idea, "sed1ec ossuary" in Czcech rep
goog1e it and your mind wi11 go crazy with story te11ing ideas!
1oving this product Dan and Prof BC!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedlec_Ossuary
Great reference jbonilla, and definitely some food for thought.

I remember visiting Santa Maria della Concezione dei Cappuccini ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Maria_della_Concezione_dei_Cappuccini ) in Rome and feeling awe, reverence, and revulsion all at the same time. A special place and one that makes a visitor question death and our perceptions of beauty and horror.
W0W Wizard of oz! totally hear you and the place looks incredible!!
THX!
Terrific stories, and those ossuaries are amazing. Incredible grist for the ol' mill! Thanks guys!!

The bone I am currently in possession of was that one hanging on the left.

(When Dan releases the new Skurot, I feel these might be kindred spirits...)
[quote]On Feb 17, 2021, Seth speaks wrote:
Terrific stories, and those ossuaries are amazing. Incredible grist for the ol' mill! Thanks guys!!

The bone I am currently in possession of was that one hanging on the left.

(When Dan releases the new Skurot, I feel these might be kindred spirits...) [/quote]

Oh man,...a new Skurot? I missed out on that a few years ago when I first saw it, but started buying other stuff from Dan! I have wanted to find and get a Skurot well over a year ago. Man, it would be fantastic to go with Ossury!
Now I will be waiting in "ossified" anticipation for news from Dan of a release or PRE-release!!!
:worry: :bigdance: :subtrunk:
Well, now, don't get too excited about that--I'm just basing that on a newsletter he put out last year, and I think it is planned for much farther out in the misty future, not coming out any time soon.

Go ahead and start your mummy routine with a leg for now, and work up to the head! You know Imhotep is gonna need ALL of his parts, eventually...

:D
Okay guys/gals, here's my newest "out-of-the-box" Ossuary idea for a unique, different theme and backstory. Rather lengthy, I know, so skip it if you have no interest, background, in law enforcement or "spy"stories!
And I have pretty much "fleshed out" the details (yuk, yuk, forgive the pun!)
It is creditable to me by my friends, family and associates due to my last 18 year career (now retired) in criminal justice as an Adult Probation Officer (Specialized in "Seriously Mentally I'll" probationers). If you, or associates have any legal/law enforcement connections, it might suit you as well?
The "human bone" with the hole drilled is as I have suggested before, a result of how full skeletons on display for science or museums were connected with rods/wires. My story; I obtained this particular bone from another retired friend in law enforcement. During my last career I often had a working relationship with other agencies, such as DEA, State troopers, and on one special occasion with the FBI and the Secret Service (True) I was assigned to meet with a team of the latter two agencies regarding a need to monitor one of my SMI probationers. He was to be monitored closely on the weekend of Obama's visit to Phoenix, AZ several years ago.
Do the bone is sourced from an agency Forensic-Medical laboratory, but was found in a very unique, different event. It was naively discovered by local Phoenix Police in an unrelated search of what turned out to be a "deep state"/"dark net" "Safe House"! If you have watched any number of "spy" or MAFIA/cartel action movies, you may recall that a majority of times the "Witness Protection" program victims, witnesses, perpetrators, etc end up being sent to Phoenix/Scottsdale (TRUE, check out Frank Gioia, Sammy Bovano, etc bios). So, regarding the three boxes which were found there, the "deep state" agents used these boxes LIYERALLY as "drop boxes" and the pellets/balls/pearl, were a special form of conveying messages. These balls may have had some form of internal "radiant energy", with internal bits of information which could only be accessed by special equipment.For example, intothe bone box was dropped a neutral pellet/ball, conveying a message of a "neutral, but ongoing operation. Into the wooden box a pellet conveyed a a "cancelled or inactive operation". But into the red (cinnebar) box was dropped a ball/pellet for a "hot", imminent operation of major importance!
By accident/coincidence in examples ng all of these items, I have discovered some very mystifying, unusual properties in dropping the various balls through the bone canal!
"Let me demonstrate....( you now carry on with your personalized various demos).
:exclaim: :goodluck:
"Is this femur thy bone?"

Today I've received a mysterious wooden box with a nerve-wracking content.

For the time being the bone will reside in a cage, just to be sure...

What a great prop and tool (set). Thank you BC!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/mkYCh5Y.jpg[/img]
The wooden box arrived yesterday and I could feel its presence as I unwrapped the parcel. The collection of the bone, cord, trinket boxes, etc. is really special. The bone is incredible, while the initial effect is beyond intriguing. Time is crucial, as the path of the ball defies gravity and feels magical from the start. The props are beautifully crafted and in keeping with the very high quality of all of Prof BC's creations.

The ossuary fits perfectly in The Magiculum here, alongside many other artefacts and books. I was still exploring the many dimensions of this effect late last night and simply smiling throughout thinking through all the applications and scenarios.

This is a truly unique offering. I love the cage image above :-)

Really looking forward to crafting my own presentation of this for the poor souls who will witness it.

Best wishes

Dr Todd