(Close Window)
Topic: Instructions Needed for "Disk Escape" Please
I dusted off my boxes of effects/tricks I've had since the 1960s, because my daughter asked me to perform a few tricks at her wedding's rehearsal dinner on New Year's Eve. I am astonished at how many tricks I forgot I owned - and how many I never even opened up and tried!

I don't know where else to turn (i.e. which forum, if any, on the Magic Café) but I came across a nice brass effect consisting of five colored brass discs with a hole in their centers, a two-piece cylindrical brass container for the discs, and a "needle and thread" - all in their original box. I saved all my instructions lo these many decades, but I'll be darned if I can find the explanation to this effect.

So - if anyone could email me the directions, I'd sure appreciate it. I took a picture of the components and the box a minute ago, so perhaps you'll recognize the trick. My email is peterkendall@comcast.net. Thank you, Peter Kendall
Check your email!
I like the effect, I wished someone made that gimmick with real coins

you could do that effect with a 'Hung Drawn Quartered" (if you wanted to purchase it), I think the demo for HDQ looks better than that for DE.

but send me a PM if Dan's message was not sufficient.

John
Thank you Dan Ford! I got the instructions just now.
You are welcome!
I also have one of those sets, without instructions, also. I purchased a large lot of magic, and this was in there. I remember what the effect is, but for the life of me can’t remember how it works.

I like how heavy it is, and the brass lead on the string makes it easy to thread, but does that help me? No. 🤦‍♂️

If someone would forward instructions to me, I sure would appreciate it.

Email: donbursell@gmail.com
Don
Dang, I think I have that trick somewhere? Now I'm gonna have to look...
It is a very good trick for closeup and no reset is needed.
I'm another one who needs instructions.

A friend moved away, gave me a few things, Disk Escape being one of the items given to me without instructions. Could someone please send instructions my way. This would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Rudy