(Close Window)
Topic: Greetings
Greetings all - long time lurker here, excited to join officially now. Been learning magic a few years now and getting more serious about it. Looking forward to interacting with this community.
Hi! I'm also new. Cool username you've got. What's your favourite stuff in magic?
Welcome to you as well! I really enjoy magic that has strong story telling in it and has something to say. Also always impressed with sleights and the skill required. How about you?
All Magic Friends <> New and Old <> - H A P P Y N E W Y E A R - To get to know you all better - how about putting a little more in your "profile"" Maybe we're neighbors - or- lived where you are, or been there ???????????? Ralph ROUSSEAU (russo)
[quote]On Dec 31, 2020, PhantomStranger wrote:
Welcome to you as well! I really enjoy magic that has strong story telling in it and has something to say. Also always impressed with sleights and the skill required. How about you? [/quote]

I like learning about all of it, but I enjoy cards the most. I like a deep and fooling method, but a light and playful style.

I've been thinking a lot about style lately. Is there a favourite video you could point me to that shows the kind of storytelling you like in magic?
Thereís a good thread on it over in the cellar Iíll throw a link to. Itís not so much the fortune telling aspect I enjoy but the story for me.

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=715170&forum=14
I genuinely laughed at the end of that. The guy's whole schtick was way too heavy for me, and the performance too, but then that tension release at the end was perfect. In an instant you realise it was meant to be way over-the-top, to set up for that conclusion. Great video.

I wonder your thoughts on this video, which was discussed in another thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk7PSh4pdG8&ab_channel=52Kards

I've been thinking that your style and mine are nearly opposite, but maybe not really. There's a sense in which something like what's in this video is storytelling: being able to read when someone's lying; but the whole thing is performed in a light and playful way. I'm going to re-think some of my presentations and see if I can flesh them out a little more!