(Close Window)
Topic: C&R /Professor's Nightmare to Linking ropes?
So I'm playing with a fun idea for my own pleasure.
What I'm looking for is an "ungimmicked and unprepared" 2 ring linking rope routine that would use 2 equal ropes.
I assume there are 3 rope routines that I could retrofit.

I have -I think- an idea of a logical way to do this, I just have to believe someone more clever than I has already done it and has solved some of the problems, and hopefully someone here can direct me there.

-------------------------------------------
To answer some of the inevitable questions:
This wouldn't be fit for performance. It is absolutely unnecessary and unoriginal as I needlessly break off parts of Pop Haydn's already perfect "Mongolian Pop Knot" and Michael Finney's wonderful "Lady Rope Routine". It's purely Magicsturbation.

Thanks in advance.
Colombini had some nice linking rope moves on one of his DVD's - not site of title
Assuming that you mean 2 rings of rope, when you write "2 ring linking rope"

I believe that Magic Ian had a PN ending w/2 ropes, and then linking ropes

'James' Sefalaljia Two has a linking ropes (5'th phase)

> Aldo Colombini has 2 ungimmicked linking ropes on his video series
> Howie Schwarzman has ungimmicked liking ropes
> Stevens Magic Emporium, ungimmicked version
Anytime, Anywhere, Linking Ropes; Wayne Raeke [W32]

Most of these I do not have. I have a copy of Raeke's booklet, but I can't find it right now.

John
In case anyone is still interested int this:

Magic Ian gave a link on MC to his "Dances with Ropes" which includes a significant variation in the method for PN, and for an ungimmicked linking ropes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsWClZ2rkEk
also find on https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=255412&forum=9&5 under Kjellstrom's post

Somehow, I got a video of his linking ropes; demo & explanation - I think he provided that online, but I don't have a current link to give out.

I have a lot of appreciation for what Ian came up with. It would be a loss if it ended up in the bit bucket.

Does anyone know if his Dances with Ropes is still available?

John
I found another ungimmicked linking ropes on Earyls Expert Rope Magic. It is essentially the same basic method used by Magic Ian. (How did I miss this!?)

John
I have used a method employing a Palfreman Knot (spelling?) Not sure is that is any of the ones you have looked at.

If not, contact me to discuss.
I have the attention span of a puppy. I had this big plan with linking ropes, then changed it to instead be a "tieing a knot in a rope > endless rope... then I had to go back to work.

At least I now have a dozen varying lengths of rope with prepped ends so I don't have to wreck my whole spool of rope playing around.

I think I might have more fun just coming up with my own method for these tricks that I'll never really perform (Unless I come up with something amazing, which I won't, and then I'll just give it to y'all)
OOps: That should have been "ary's Expert Rope Magic"

[quote]On Jan 15, 2021, John Long wrote:
I found another ungimmicked linking ropes on Earyls Expert Rope Magic. It is essentially the same basic method used by Magic Ian. (How did I miss this!?)

John [/quote]
I don't know why I misspelled Daryl's name twice