(Close Window)
Topic: TRIPLE HELIX by Snake and John Byng ("I wish it was mine." -Patrick Kun)
Perfect for live, virtual performances and social media!

EVERYONE at Blackpool 2020 wanted one when they saw it live.
John has been getting tons of likes and loves on social media with it.
Now YOU can do it too.

Triple Helix by Snake and John Byng
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=66593

A MUST-HAVE DECK MULTIPLICATION EFFECT.

"It's so visual and practical that I wish it was mine."
- Patrick Kun

"That's clearly impossible! I want it in our performance."
- Les French Twins
Been waiting for this. Looks awesome.
Great visual but I wonder how durable the gimmicks will be?
All I see is Deck BOX Multiplier. Can you remove cards from each box???? Sorry but I don't see what's so good about this effect.
From the creator of Twister Flavor which was durable.
Joker magic have had a version of this out for years Gaz 😊
Seems pointless. Produce extra boxes only to put them in your pocket? Visual, yes. Useful?
[quote]On Jan 15, 2021, emyers99 wrote:
Seems pointless. Produce extra boxes only to put them in your pocket? Visual, yes. Useful? [/quote]

I agree would be cool if you can pull cards from them as well. Would be perfect for effects that require two decks.
Looks like a decent bit of business to start a card routine off.

Particularly if you were sat at a card table.
This particular trick requires a blue deck...oh wait I brought my red one...and then proceed to make the change. Example in a trick like Duo Tech II whereas you use a red and blue deck.You have 2 red decks but need to change one to blue. Just a nice way to start off a trick.
Color changing card case would be more logical for that plot line.
I also would have liked to be able to produce two decks from this rather than pocket one case, that was my main question about the effect - can I produce two full decks? And, the demo shows more than one case at times being produced - I presume you need more than one gimmick.
Color changing card case would be more logical for that plot line. [/quote]

That's what popped into my mind after watching the trailer.
[quote]On Jan 16, 2021, dbaltes1520 wrote:
I also would have liked to be able to produce two decks from this rather than pocket one case, that was my main question about the effect - can I produce two full decks? And, the demo shows more than one case at times being produced - I presume you need more than one gimmick. [/quote]

I'm guessing you cannot produce two full decks. I'm thinking that would be real magic if you could....
I like real magic... LOL. I am thinking of doing the effect and switching to a full deck after putting it in my pocket....
I think looks pretty good as a close up opener. My question is, is much ďarts and craftsĒ required to build out the gimmik or is it pretty much ready-to-go out of the box?
It believe it reads "gimmick ready to use" on the Murphy's site.
[quote]On Jan 16, 2021, dbaltes1520 wrote:
I like real magic... LOL. I am thinking of doing the effect and switching to a full deck after putting it in my pocket.... [/quote]

That was my thought too. Act surprised and say you only need one. Put it away do a trick or two and then bring out the switched in deck and do your favorite double deck routine.
I believe it's the same method as CLONE DECK by JOKER MAGIC
Yes this what I mentioned on this page it looks the same wallet and all Gaz 😊
Seems pointless. Produce extra boxes only to put them in your pocket? Visual, yes. Useful? [/quote]

Totally agree. Surely a spec will just think the obvious? Fake pack thatís been put away? Visual eye candy - yes, but not for me. However Iím sure itíll sell well regardless!
I agree Sean the times over the years I have seen this demoed at Blackpool by Joker magic and the eye candy is just jaw dropping . I then reason with myself and say will
I ever actually use this and itís always a no from me . On one of the trailer demos I saw for Triple Helix the audience looked so underwhelmed too imho Gaz 😊
I think this is a key difference between the hobbyist and the performer. The hobbyist looks at the eye candy and wants it because it looks so cool. The performer looks at it and realizes that it looks cool but doesn't have a place in their act and has too many negatives. Eye candy for the sake of it that must immediately be put away and forgotten is a problem. It maybe works as an opener or a throwaway transition effect but otherwise how do you use it as part of your act? I compare this to something like Flat Pack and find Flat Pack much easier to incorporate into the beginning of a card set.
I could see it used in some sort of stage manipulation act if it was in the right context.
I agree with CardGuyMike as far as hobbyist and performer aspect of any effect. I have been going through all the "amazing" effects I have collected - some never used - because it was just a hobby and I had to have the next trick. Now, I have to look hard at the effect and read what others say and how it is used. I go to YouTube to see if the effect is demonstrated before a live audience and will it work with what I do now. This should be the first course in magic - what is it you want to be? Glad to find so many at the Cafť who shore their insights (and for saving me a lot of money).....thank you.
It looks more visual than Matthew Wright's Marvelous Multiplying Card Boxes.
Hey guys! I received my pre-order of Triple Helix yesterday and was excited to open it! After spending a few hours with it, I decided I needed to make a review video right then and there! I stayed up until 3AM filming and editing because I REALLY wanted people to know what they were buying! This was my first time pre-ordering anything presented by Tumi Magic, or anything by John Byng & Snake. My first and definitely my last time pre-ordering! One word to describe this trick: DISAPPOINTING! I go over all the important details in my review video below. Interested to hear your thoughts!

[youtube]7CJO2bPhwZ0[/youtube]
Thanks for doing this for the team! Watching it now.
[quote]On Jan 22, 2021, Gavin.Wong wrote:
Hey guys! I received my pre-order of Triple Helix yesterday and was excited to open it! After spending a few hours with it, I decided I needed to make a review video right then and there! I stayed up until 3AM filming and editing because I REALLY wanted people to know what they were buying! This was my first time pre-ordering anything presented by Tumi Magic, or anything by John Byng & Snake. My first and definitely my last time pre-ordering! One word to describe this trick: DISAPPOINTING! I go over all the important details in my review video below. Interested to hear your thoughts!

[youtube]7CJO2bPhwZ0[/youtube] [/quote]

Thank you for taking the time and effort to make and post your review. I wish I would have seen it before placing my order. If I would have seen it first, I would never have ordered it. I was expecting a ready to go gimmick. Shame. Shame. Also, too bad it is not meant for close-up shows.

Thank you for staying up late to make your honest and comprehensive review. I appreciate it.

Michael
Thank you for the review!
[quote]On Jan 22, 2021, magicinsight wrote:
Thank you for taking the time and effort to make and post your review. I wish I would have seen it before placing my order. If I would have seen it first, I would never have ordered it. I was expecting a ready to go gimmick. Shame. Shame. Also, too bad it is not meant for close-up shows.

Thank you for staying up late to make your honest and comprehensive review. I appreciate it.

Michael [/quote]

Yes the thing that really hooked me was John Byng saying there was no DIY and it was ready to perform out of the box. What a load of BS! I really wish I could get my money back on this... Lesson learned for pre-ordering magic!
Great review. Thanks again!
What a piece of junk. Glad I resisted the hype.
[quote]On Jan 22, 2021, loudini1972 wrote:
What a piece of junk. Glad I resisted the hype. [/quote]

Piece of junk might be a bit harsh. I just wanted to set expectations for this because there was definitely a lot of misinformation out there on this. Lying about your product and being purposely deceptive in the ad-copy is something I think needs to be addressed right away. I've already had a couple vendors reach out to me and tell me they are working to update/fix the ad-copy so it is not misleading.

With that said, if this works properly, I think it can be a great visual effect.
I am at Blackpool every year and also the day before when dealers set up and I see anything good first hand uncrowded . I never even saw this or any hype there so I fully believed it was BS as I would have definitely seen it otherwise Gaz 😊
If this was popular at Blackpool, why wasn't it shown or mentioned in any of the dozens of magician youtube videos or vlogs? I saw many and only saw it in one for about a couple seconds.
Itís the usual scenario it was a sell out at Blackpool , they only had 5 of them there Gaz 😂😂
Everybody should send back this BS to the magic shop... STOP to all these pre-orders !!!
I mean... didn't we all kind of think this was going to be a massive failure?
[quote]On Jan 22, 2021, Gavin.Wong wrote:

[youtube]7CJO2bPhwZ0[/youtube] [/quote]

Thank you for the review Gavin.

Basically:
Get a cool box design
Tell people it was a sellout at Blackpool
Get an endorsement from a magician, like Patrick Kun, to entice potential buyers
Rinse and repeat.
Message: Posted by: SlightlyTipsyMagic (Jan 23, 2021 03:05PM)
Thanks Gavin for the honest review. Now Iím Disappointed too ☹️
Yep! I pre-ordered, just got it in the mail moments ago. Iíve decided to assemble it and run it thru the paces.
Iíll post a second opinion/review later today.
Patrick Kun hopefully suffers on his own future product sales then for endorsing sh.t imho itís immoral and wrong Gaz 😊
It wasnít for sale at Blackpool and to be fair they donít say it was. Snake was showing it around to people
Exactly I didnít see it at all , he sold the couple of decks he had on him most likely Gaz 😊
[quote]On Jan 23, 2021, SlightlyTipsyMagic wrote:
Thanks Gavin for the honest review. Now Iím Disappointed too ☹️
Yep! I pre-ordered, just got it in the mail moments ago. Iíve decided to assemble it and run it thru the paces.
Iíll post a second opinion/review later today. [/quote]

Yes please! Would love somebody else to review it as well. I've had a few folks reach out to me directly and said they agree with my review after receiving their gimmick but none have made their own review so I would appreciate another review or second opinion.
It wasn't for sale, he was just showing it to people. I saw him doing at the Murphys party which is seen in the trailer which is where Patrick Kun was and may have been where he saw it.
Yes please! Would love somebody else to review it as well. I've had a few folks reach out to me directly and said they agree with my review after receiving their gimmick but none have made their own review so I would appreciate another review or second opinion. [/quote]

Hey Gavin, I appreciate your review as well, so thank you for taking the time to do so! I imagine you saw it already but there is one on penguin (https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S30647) that gives it a glowing review. I know everyone has their own opinion, so very interesting to read! Thanks again!
Penguin always have glowing reviews they literally make them up themselves itís as simple as that . This trick is pony Gaz 😊
[quote]On Jan 23, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Penguin always have glowing reviews they literally make them up themselves itís as simple as that . This trick is pony Gaz 😊 [/quote]

Haha, thanks Gaz!
Penguin always have glowing reviews they literally make them up themselves itís as simple as that . This trick is pony Gaz 😊 [/quote]
Wow, that's quite a claim! A business presenting fake reviews as real deserves to be outed. Do you have evidence? I have PM'd a member of the Penguin team for comment.
Well they get their mates to do the initial 5 star reviews so people jump on board only to be disappointed thatís what I mean . There has been many an effect on their site that has took such a roasting then those early reviews then suddenly disappear . They are not the only ones who use their mates to over glorify an effect though Gaz 😊 ps itís fairly obvious they will deny the claim as who wouldnít ? They have even used my Cafť quotes without permission on their advertising of a very good trick before which I haven't minded at all but they never have the courtesy to ask first 😊
[quote]On Jan 24, 2021, Doric wrote:
Wow, that's quite a claim! A business presenting fake reviews as real deserves to be outed. Do you have evidence? I have PM'd a member of the Penguin team for comment. [/quote]

Well, I don't know about making up, but they have deleted some of my 1-star-reviews in the past, when giving some of their products negative reviews. And no - I was not abusive or broke any other rules that justify deleting the review.
Sadly, magic for most has been more about money than the community itself.
Thanks for the review Gavin.

It's a shame things are marketed this way. Glad to have an honest review from someone who owns the product and provides honest feedback.
[quote]On Jan 24, 2021, coachawsm wrote:
[quote]On Jan 24, 2021, Doric wrote:
Wow, that's quite a claim! A business presenting fake reviews as real deserves to be outed. Do you have evidence? I have PM'd a member of the Penguin team for comment. [/quote]

Well, I don't know about making up, but they have deleted some of my 1-star-reviews in the past, when giving some of their products negative reviews. And no - I was not abusive or broke any other rules that justify deleting the review. [/quote]

Good point yes thatís another thing they do a lot of
Gaz 😊
Quite appropriate that one of the names associated with this is called Snake!
Patrick Kun hopefully suffers on his own future product sales then for endorsing sh.t imho itís immoral and wrong Gaz 😊 [/quote]

I don't think that's fair at all. His quote was "It's so visual and practical that I wish it was mine." Commenting on how it looked which Im sure you would agree that it looked good. He didn't comment on the product quality.
Well surely he has seen one up close and personal to be the main advertising endorser ? If not then he has no right to endorse it with such high praise or any of us to believe what he says going forward . He may have only used those words but those words are still used to entice people to buy the product which wastes peopleís money imo Gaz 😊
Here's a much more positive review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTYBsVy0YyA
Here is my HONEST Magic Review. Yes I own a magic shop but also we are out of stock of this and still reviewing because I believe in saying if good or bad.

See:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTYBsVy0YyA

I've seen the word disappointment flowing around a lot recently. I don't believe I was disappointed at any point. If the price was 50 then perhaps I would have been but the
gimmicks are well made, you get 2 to perform a triple production. Sure you need to put in 5 minutes of work to adjust to your box but also clearly shown you don't NEED to do this
and it can be performed right out of the box.

As for mis-advertising I am not going to comment but overall I like the product and can see myself performing it.

Hope this helps with people really interested in performing good magic and what they spend their money on.

All the best
Anthony
www.magicworld.co.uk
Great review Gavin, out of all what you said I take something that might be very important, this trick is mainly for social media. Patrick Kun is also into this thing so that's probably the reason for his endorsement.
Putting aside gimmick quality, what is the point of this effect? You shake two boxes out of one box but to what end? The other boxes can't be used for anything. What do you even say? "I have a box. Now I have two. Now I have three. Thank you." I mean, I guess you could do some sort of deck sw*tch for the other one but... that's a lot of work and would look super fishy. I just don't get it.

In terms of it being good for "social media magic", I guess. But it's not even magic. It just looks like a camera trick.
Looks like a great trick. The complaints are coming from people that have little experience with this type of gimmick. Reminds me of Tjius color changing deck. If you have trouble fooling your audience then maybe you need to work harder to become a better magician.
[quote]On Jan 25, 2021, tylerb wrote:
Looks like a great trick. The complaints are coming from people that have little experience with this type of gimmick. Reminds me of Tjius color changing deck. If you have trouble fooling your audience then maybe you need to work harder to become a better magician. [/quote]

Lol are you serious with your 15 posts ? Then you go on and actually have the audacity trying to tell others who have been performing magic live to real people for their whole lifetimes . We are not all wanting to do online magic , you can poke online magic up your jacksie imho Gaz 😊
Message: Posted by: Illusionist Snake (Jan 25, 2021 03:40PM)
Hi Everyone, I bring this video and I hope to solve your doubts.

https://youtu.be/zc92WTLhEHY

I share Tylerb's thinking. There are many people who no longer loves spending time practicing magic and getting the most out of a magic trick. Well, each one is free to comment. I am still grateful to see his comments.see you
Are you joking me ? I still practice magic nearly every single day and have been doing so for over 40 years . It has nothing to do with practice you can teach a chimpanzee to do this effect with minimal effort . Itís a shame Michael Jackson isnít still around so Bubbles could prove it Gaz 😊
[quote]On Jan 25, 2021, Illusionist Snake wrote:
I share Tylerb's thinking. There are many people who no longer loves spending time practicing magic and getting the most out of a magic trick.[/quote]

As a working professional close up magician of over 25 years, I find this comment hugely disappointing. I donít buy magic to practice with - I buy magic to perform with. To perform in working situations, which for me relates to working around tables and mix and mingle environments. My considerations when buying an effect include the following;

Angles
Reset time
Examinability
Pocket space

Of course these considerations wouldnít matter in virtual situations I guess.

At the end of the day, the magic industry relies on volume sales, and the volume sales donít come from professional workers like me. I donít tend to buy much because I have buying criteria (as mentioned above) but understand that I am in a minority. Sadly, this product doesnít fit with me, but Iím sure that it will for many others.

So do I practice. Yes everyday. But I only practice effects that will fit into my repertoire.
I'm curious how this compares to Henry Evan's Reflected Deck:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?forum=218&topic=599790#0
Hey guys, I've taken down the original review and uploaded an update after chatting with both the creators. All the issues that I had in my original video are addressed in my update video and, in my mind, are still valid.

I've toned down the aggressiveness because it's my understanding there was miscommunication between the creators about the final product/tutorial that was released. Therefore the aggressiveness towards John Byng in my original video is no longer warranted.

To address the "being able to perform out of the box" question, yes you can. The tutorial video makes it sound like you can't. I also wouldn't recommend performing it without the construction of the gimmicked deck box because of reasons stated in my update video. But I'll leave that decision to you.

It is also my understanding that Snake thinks I received a poorly manufactured gimmick because I am now noticing a new issue with ink smearing on both gimmicks after only having it for a few days. I'm trying to get a refund or replacement gimmicks to test this. If anybody else who purchased the product could keep an eye out for this and see if they have the same issue, that would be great for validity.

A lot of people said I should have gone to the creators directly before I posted my review. Had the issue been with just the gimmick then yes I would have. I did think at one point maybe I did get a bad gimmick. However, after watching the full tutorial video I noticed it was a list of things that I felt should have been addressed and the gimmick itself was just one of these issues.

Hope that clears a few things up.
Thanks, take care.

For those still interested and want to hear my opinion, here's my updated video. If you want to have a civil conversation about my video or the issues I discuss, I would like to. If you are going to attack me personally or say I'm wrong without any evidence to backup your claims, I will not respond to you. I have plenty of evidence to back up what I say in my video.
Thanks.

[youtube]YKp7tfLDn14[/youtube]
Looks like a great trick. The complaints are coming from people that have little experience with this type of gimmick. Reminds me of Tjius color changing deck. If you have trouble fooling your audience then maybe you need to work harder to become a better magician. [/quote]

Yeah, Cameron Francis needs to work harder lol....

Thank you for the good laugh
This is terrible. You get two magnets and 24 hours of arts and crafts. Crap Crap Crap. The motivation for doing it is terrible too. Why am I shaking the deck. This is magical !@#$%^&*()_+ at it finest...hard pass.
I followed the instructions closely and totally still messed up a box during construction. My fault completely. A new box and 5 minutes later it was good to go.

Now the box is one cohesive unit that can be tossed around mostly freely and handled casually enough. I think the gimmicks may perform better after some breaking-in but they work pretty well out of the box. Patrick Kuns additions are pretty great and I may have to do those soon. I was initially disappointed by the early reviews and thought I may have to take advantage of VanishingInc's generous return policy. After construction and some early practice I'm happy with this.

The productions are so visual I worry about people just missing the effect completely. Will look great on a promotional video.

I appreciate how difficult it is to bring a project to life and appreciate the people that share their ideas and creations with the rest of us.
[quote]On Jan 26, 2021, JosephKerr wrote:
I followed the instructions closely and totally still messed up a box during construction. My fault completely. A new box and 5 minutes later it was good to go.

Now the box is one cohesive unit that can be tossed around mostly freely and handled casually enough. I think the gimmicks may perform better after some breaking-in but they work pretty well out of the box. Patrick Kuns additions are pretty great and I may have to do those soon. I was initially disappointed by the early reviews and thought I may have to take advantage of VanishingInc's generous return policy. After construction and some early practice I'm happy with this.

The productions are so visual I worry about people just missing the effect completely. Will look great on a promotional video.

I appreciate how difficult it is to bring a project to life and appreciate the people that share their ideas and creations with the rest of us. [/quote]
Could you please show us a video because we all would like to watch how good it is... Thank you
[quote]On Jan 26, 2021, JosephKerr wrote:

I appreciate how difficult it is to bring a project to life and appreciate the people that share their ideas and creations with the rest of us. [/quote]

Can you let me know if you see any ink smearing on your gimmicks? Specifically where the magnets touch? Mine has started to show some smearing but I was told I have a poorly manufactured gimmick and am trying to get a new set to test.
Thanks!
Message: Posted by: Infographicmagicreviews (Jan 28, 2021 01:45AM)
Since it is already shipping to people can someone sum up the result?

is it worth paying $40 to buy this?

or it is one of those sansminds style....looks good on video and the physical item is like meh...
ĎIs THIS The GREATEST Magic Trick in The World?í

Let me answer that question for you.

No.

Itís possibly the most pointless magic trick in the world though.
We should not buy any Preorder anymore... Too many BS products !!!
[quote]On Jan 28, 2021, allan31 wrote:
We should not buy any Preorder anymore... Too many BS products !!! [/quote]

Iíve been saying that since 2004 lol.
I'm genuinely puzzled as to why people preorder. It's not like you're getting a discount. Are they afraid the item will sell out quickly? Do they want it as soon as possible and can't wait the extra week it will take if they order when it comes out? Is it really worth the risk of getting a dud ordering before there are any reviews? I just see no upside to preorders.
Correct there is no upside at all unless you have say seen it at Blackpool loved it but they had sold out . You then may possibly place a pre order for the second batch .
The only other time is certain creators only make to order so you have to pay for it and they will then make it otherwise they maybe sitting with a load of gaffed cards for example that no one will buy Gaz 😊
Message: Posted by: Infographicmagicreviews (Jan 28, 2021 04:56PM)
I think dealers should give some incentive when customers do pre-order.

I received a free deck and free shipping from www.theonlinemagicstore.com when I pre-order Watch This from them.

They even included a little thank you note too.

a free deck isn't much but it shows they care.
Sansminds you mean ? Gaz 😊
I got on the edge for free for that pre-order. the best deal ever.

I do agree that dealers should give incentives for waiting time.

They get the advantage of ordering just the right amount of stock low risk for them but no advantage for consumers...

[quote]On Jan 28, 2021, Infographicmagicreviews wrote:
I think dealers should give some incentive when customers do pre-order.

I received a free deck and free shipping from www.theonlinemagicstore.com when I pre-order Watch This from them.

They even included a little thank you note too.

a free deck isn't much but it shows they care. [/quote]
[quote]On Jan 26, 2021, Gavin.Wong wrote:
[quote]On Jan 26, 2021, allan31 wrote:
Why has the Gavin's Review disappeared ??? :( [/quote]
A lot of people said I should have gone to the creators directly before I posted my review. Had the issue been with just the gimmick then yes I would have. I did think at one point maybe I did get a bad gimmick. However, after watching the full tutorial video I noticed it was a list of things that I felt should have been addressed and the gimmick itself was just one of these issues.

[/quote]

I don't understand why you should have to reach out to the creators. It was their choice to put it on the market, and many folks will not have the option to reach out to anyone except who they bought it from. I rely on reviews to try and avoid garbage, and this sounds like something straight out of the can.
Message: Posted by: SlightlyTipsyMagic (Jan 29, 2021 04:17PM)
[quote]On Jan 27, 2021, Gavin.Wong wrote:

Can you let me know if you see any ink smearing on your gimmicks? Specifically where the magnets touch? Mine has started to show some smearing but I was told I have a poorly manufactured gimmick and am trying to get a new set to test.
Thanks! [/quote]

Hey Gavin, are the (smearing) areas around the magnets gray in color?
[quote]On Jan 29, 2021, SlightlyTipsyMagic wrote:
[quote]On Jan 27, 2021, Gavin.Wong wrote:

Thanks! [/quote]

Hey Gavin, are the (smearing) areas around the magnets gray in color? [/quote]

The smearing is the same color of the gimmick. The red gimmick has red smearing and the blue gimmick has blue ink smearing.
Does this ahow you how to make the gimmick if yours breaks?
[quote]On Jan 28, 2021, pegasus wrote:

No.

Itís possibly the most pointless magic trick in the world though. [/quote]

Is there anything you don't hate? Answer, no.
There are loads of effects Pegasus loves ? We have been here nearly 20 years you have been here for 16 posts and literally 5 mins in contribution comparison . If an effect is a dog imo I will say so , if itís golden I will say so too thatís what opinions are all about right ? Then people decide for themselves thatís what most people doing anyway ( call me old fashioned ) Gaz 😊

This is why I prefer reviews by Cafť members over any reviews by people who either are, or have been in the business, or even pro or semi-pro reviewers. There are a lot of good ones out there, I'm not saying they are bad or have bad intentions, but they are never going to be as un-filtered or as un-biased as "regular" users.

Thanks for sharing your posts and valuable insights, Gaz!

KJ
Pleasure my friend Gaz 😊
[quote]On Jan 18, 2021, CardGuyMike wrote:
I think this is a key difference between the hobbyist and the performer. The hobbyist looks at the eye candy and wants it because it looks so cool. The performer looks at it and realizes that it looks cool but doesn't have a place in their act and has too many negatives. Eye candy for the sake of it that must immediately be put away and forgotten is a problem. It maybe works as an opener or a throwaway transition effect but otherwise how do you use it as part of your act? I compare this to something like Flat Pack and find Flat Pack much easier to incorporate into the beginning of a card set. [/quote]

Good point, if you have a routine that would benefit from this, then buy it. If you are just buying it for the eye candy, then maybe you should pass. I could see someone doing a two deck routine that uses this along with a reason to go into your pockets, like to get a sharpie. You produce a second deck, then go into your pockets for a sharpie and switch in the real deck.

KJ
[quote]On Feb 4, 2021, tylerb wrote:
[quote]On Jan 28, 2021, pegasus wrote:

No.

Itís possibly the most pointless magic trick in the world though. [/quote]

Is there anything you don't hate? Answer, no. [/quote]

Correct and let me add you to my long list.
[quote]On Feb 6, 2021, 1KJ wrote:

This is why I prefer reviews by Cafť members over any reviews by people who either are, or have been in the business, or even pro or semi-pro reviewers. There are a lot of good ones out there, I'm not saying they are bad or have bad intentions, but they are never going to be as un-filtered or as un-biased as "regular" users.

Thanks for sharing your posts and valuable insights, Gaz!

KJ [/quote]

Magic is a business for many. Dealers want to sell stuff, many reviewers get free samples - who knows if this clouds their thoughts? Someone who actually BUYS the product is probably a better choice of review, particularly if they have actually performed it to an audience. Also bear in mind many reviewers may not have the same buying motives as you. Iím a working pro, so when for example Craig Petty does a review I tend to pay more attention as he is also a working pro. A reviewer that performs to just friends and family only may not consider angle restrictions, set up time, pocket management issues, audience management issues etc. Many ďbig namesĒ will rarely pay either for their free sample, but may have a personal friendship with the creator and simply want to help them to promote their release.

So reviews are ok but getting unbiased ones may be a challenge!
Yes I agree with Sean , we all have a few favourite review guys who meet certain criteria just like when we look to add a trick to our set or just to buy to perform for friends . If you watch a couple of those fav reviews then really ask yourself is it really better than what I have already got and donít even use ? If you give yourself a day to let the initial euphoria die down then you will save yourself a lot of money and make a more honest judgment to yourself . The considerations Sean mentions are the most important as it doesnít matter how good it looks on camera if you are not comfortable with the angles or one certain aspect of it in the heat of a real performance it will probably end at home in the magic drawer imho Gaz 😊
Iíve had this for about a week. I was a bit nervous with the initial reviews but overall itís managing to do what I was expecting out of it. Some limitations mentioned in reviews I would completely agree with, and there was about 5 mins of arts and crafts before being able to performing it ďcleanlyĒ. (Possible out of the box but not as clean).

Canít speak much for the durability, have some doubts but with only playing around for a week itís holding up. For virtual application it checks all boxes and works nicely. Donít think currently I would have it in walk around, although it is possible.
Gavin Wong, I immediately subscribed to your channel after watching your review 💪
Thank you!
This trick is just complete and total trash.

First of all why would you make packs of cards appear just to put them away. It makes no sense. Ans thatís just the start of the problems.

Itís a complete and totals up off and a fleetest example of whatís wrong with the magic community at the moment.

I reviewed it on the latest episode of my review show which went up tonight. I performed the trick as well but buyer beware - this trick is bottom drawer magic at best.

Hereís the link to the show. Any questions let me know.

https://youtu.be/2mLPelriYzg
Well said, Craig! I got a lot of hate from some of the bigger names in Magic when I bashed this in my review. Happy to hear that my favorite magic reviewer shares the same view that I have. Love your honestly and review videos as always. Cheers!
Well done Craig and Gavin for exposing this piece of total garbage thatís disguised as a magic trick, the best in the world apparently.
Yeah brilliant Craig and letís hope that people stop bashing the likes of Gavin , my old mucker Pegasus and me for being honest in our opinions about rubbish . I love people who donít follow the crowd and say their opinion and you can take it or leave it , but so many suck up to the herd in the fear of upsetting someone . I never ever will and I am glad Iím not the only one and itís particularly nice when people with much more clout than me like Craig says it how it is without any fear too . All power to opinions good or bad whoever the creator is Gaz 😊
"I wish it was mine." -Patrick Kun

Why does this BS endorsement not surprise me.
Just out of curiousity: When I see this correctly, this effect was released last month. How did you perform it in restaurants, pubs and walking down the boulevard? Where do you live?
[quote]On Feb 11, 2021, dvno wrote:
Just out of curiousity: When I see this correctly, this effect was released last month. How did you perform it in restaurants, pubs and walking down the boulevard? Where do you live? [/quote]

More importantly why is there no live performance footage on the download or the trailer. Surely a live performance video would help.
Message: Posted by: Illusionist Snake (Feb 11, 2021 06:06PM)
An excellent question !!! and happy to answer.

1.The effect has been in the works for almost two years, but due to the pandemic that my country suffered, many manufacturing companies went bankrupt and several were suppliers of Tumi Magic. For that reason the launch was late.

2. There are two images in the video trailer where it was made in Blackpool with people around, also I would have loved to have uploaded live videos performing the trick, but it was recorded while we were still in quarantine in my country. We like to be transparent and not create deceptive tricks just to sell.

When we say that it is possible to do it in real life, it is because we can and we say it. When it is a trick only for social networks, we also say it. But if there are few people who do not feel safe to do it in real life despite the fact that it is a truconpars in real life ... we can do nothing. the confidence with which we perform a trick is important.

I am a "street and restaurant magician" and yes, I have performed it and will soon upload videos on my social networks ... but there are always Haters who will say that it is not real. Anyway ... We are an honest company and we only release products that have been tested. If you don't like them, don't buy it, but offending the work of an entire team ... it's from a person without neurons. Follow me on my social networks, if you want, and you can see various routines.
I hope you have fun.✌️✌️✌️
Is it possible to set it up so that a non-writing sharpie is produced from the 2nd box, and the third box is actually rolled up inside it?
Message: Posted by: Illusionist Snake (Feb 11, 2021 07:24PM)
Sorry Calvin, I don't understand.. sharpie?
What do you mean? If you have any question, please, write me on Instagram: ilusionista.snake I hope I can help you ✌️
Anthony at ĎMagicWorldí states, in his glowing review, that ďPatrick Kun loves it, of course, and thatís probably one of the things that makes it sell mostĒ.

Funny, as it has the opposite effect to myself. Lol.
Mr. Snake- it was a joke. I was referencing another item that's been causing a stir on here recently.

I don't think this product is for me, but the sincerity of your reply made regret being such a smart-ass!
[quote]On Feb 10, 2021, Craig Petty wrote:
This trick is just complete and total trash.

First of all why would you make packs of cards appear just to put them away. It makes no sense. Ans thatís just the start of the problems.

Itís a complete and totals up off and a fleetest example of whatís wrong with the magic community at the moment.

I reviewed it on the latest episode of my review show which went up tonight. I performed the trick as well but buyer beware - this trick is bottom drawer magic at best.

Hereís the link to the show. Any questions let me know.

https://youtu.be/2mLPelriYzg [/quote]

First, you state it is trash like it is some sort of fact. Have some humility and insert the phrase "in my opinion".
Second, you keep saying "why would you make them appear to just put them away." Again, that is not the only option. Have some creativity and realize that another magician may opt to switch them.
Third, you say it is a "complete and totals up off", I assume you meant "rip off". Again, show a bit of humility and insert the phrase "in my opinion".

I'll grant you it likely isn't for everyone, but that is not what I recollect you saying. You just can't imagine that someone might be creative in their use for this. Sad.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but you state your opinions as if they are facts.

KJ
Well to be fair the fact ( in your opinion ) you are saying this goes to show that everybody knows itís only Craigís opinion he thinks itís trash then surely he is entitled to express his opinion just how he likes . Not your good self of course but if others cannot understand whatever terminology he uses itís just his opinion then they are very poorly educated in my opinion Gaz 😊
This is a discussion forum. We are discussing and giving opinions. I donít think I have to preface every post with Ďthis is my opinioní. I think thatís implied.

Are you saying every time I post about a product I should say thatís itís my opinion first?

Seems a bit strange to be honest but thanks for your input.
Exactly my point , I think Facebook is utter trash but that is purely my opinion . Everybody of course knows these are your opinions Craig its obvious it is yours and Rylands review show after all Gaz 😊
[quote]On Feb 17, 2021, Craig Petty wrote:
This is a discussion forum. We are discussing and giving opinions. I donít think I have to preface every post with Ďthis is my opinioní. I think thatís implied.

Are you saying every time I post about a product I should say thatís itís my opinion first?

Seems a bit strange to be honest but thanks for your input. [/quote]

Is that your opinion then mate LOL?
[quote]On Feb 17, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Well to be fair the fact ( in your opinion ) you are saying this goes to show that everybody knows itís only Craigís opinion he thinks itís trash then surely he is entitled to express his opinion just how he likes . Not your good self of course but if others cannot understand whatever terminology he uses itís just his opinion then they are very poorly educated in my opinion Gaz 😊 [/quote]

I understand what you are saying. I just think there is a difference between obvious "scams" and differences in opinion, and the appropriate "tone" for each. I think perhaps it is a matter of style. It reminds me of how people driving in a car will scream far more rude things from within the safety and perceived anonymity of their car, than how they would behave in person. Then, there are some who can be just as socially awkward in person as behind a shield.
I agree with you on keyboard warriors , but I certainly am no pushover in person and I am also sure Craig is not one either . In other words I am the same person face to face as I am on any of my reviews and comments I ever give on these boards or anywhere else . I would never hide ever in person and being like that and true to the core is how real respect is made in life imho . If someone gives me grief when driving like you mention ( I donít give any grief myself by the way ) I jump straight out of my van and trust me they always drive off immediately with normally an apology and a friendly wave every single time . I would never ever need a shield or ever hide behind one Gaz 😊
[quote]On Feb 23, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I agree with you on keyboard warriors , but I certainly am no pushover in person and I am also sure Craig is not one either . In other words I am the same person face to face as I am on any of my reviews and comments I ever give on these boards or anywhere else . I would never hide ever in person and being like that and true to the core is how real respect is made in life imho . If someone gives me grief when driving like you mention ( I donít give any grief myself by the way ) I jump straight out of my van and trust me they always drive off immediately with normally an apology and a friendly wave every single time . I would never ever need a shield or ever hide behind one Gaz 😊 [/quote]

Gaz, you come across much more thoughtful and tactful than some. It's ok to have an opinion, it's ok to have strong opinions, but some people are just socially awkward and lack tact, and you are not one of them.

KJ
The Wizard Review is a good example of this. David Penn, Sean Haydon, and Wayne Fox all have VERY STRONG opinions, but they also have good social skills, and they know how to be entertaining without being abrasive.
KJ
Back to the topic at hand, While Triple Helix is probably not for everyone, just like EVERY single trick ever created, it can be a very powerful addition to a routine with two decks. I am planning on using it in a two deck routine where I take out one deck, start to describe the routine, implying the use of two decks, all the time holding my two hands as if I already have a deck in each hand, and then realizing I have only one deck. Then there is a humorous awkward moment of being one deck short, I produce the deck and then say: "Perfect, two decks and a sharpie." Another humorous awkward moment of realizing I don't have a sharpie. My right hand goes into the pocket for the sharpie, comes out empty, then the left hand goes into the left pocket and comes out with the sharpie and "same" decks. The routine then goes directly into a couple two deck routines. Never in that sequence would anyone say: "Wait, before you get the sharpie, I'd like to examine the boxes." In fact, I am working on a gimmick in my pocket so that they reach into the same jacket pocket and pull out their selected card later in the routine and the "only" thing in the pocket is their card.

KJ
Great idea 1KJ and I can see how well that would work . I have built a gimmick into a couple of my suits myself that switches decks or anything really where the gimmicked deck or whatever ends up in the lower side jacket pocket and a regular deck etc is found in the pocket I just ditched the gaff in . The spectator can even remove the regular deck as the inner pocket velcros itself shut so all seems as it should seem Gaz 😊
I would just say though that the wizard product review is absolute rubbish compared to the days when Craig was on it imho . I think David Penn is a truly wonderful sleight of hand magician but has no charisma or charm whatsoever . Craig was by far a country mile the better half there and the dog was more entertaining than David Penn . Thatís why Craigís reviews shows are so so popular now imo Gaz 😊
Message: Posted by: Aaron Smith Magic (Feb 23, 2021 09:35PM)
In my opinion, this trick (gimmick) sucks.
Message: Posted by: Illusionist Snake (Feb 23, 2021 11:07PM)
[quote]On Feb 23, 2021, Aaron Smith Magic wrote:
In my opinion, this trick (gimmick) sucks. [/quote]

Jajajajajaja stinks really strong. it has a very bad smell.
[quote]On Feb 22, 2021, Illusionist Snake wrote:
What a shame, keep reading people who do not have humility and believe that they know everything because they have a very high Ego. And no, it is not implied, there are people who take it in general because you have followers who "trust" you, but made you believe someone you are not. Nothing creative, you are just impulsive. Also, you dare to make a video parody of the trailer. Apparently and in "My opinion" with people like you, who think they are perfect, they are the most envious. Learn to value what didn't come out of your mind my friend. Do not offend, criticize with reason. people like you, this is the reason the world is full of hatred and envy. IMO xD [/quote]

Hey man! Thanks for the reply!

ĎHow dare Ií? Who do you think you are? Gods gift to magic. The Honest Trailers are done as a joke - Iíve even made two about my products. Many creators have contacted me saying they thought they were hilarious when Iíve featured their product. You reaction says more about you than anything else.

I Ďtrashedí your product because I really donít like it. To be clear itís less about the product and more about the quality of the instructions. You didnít explain a routine. You didnít explain how to manage the angles or the audience. Your didnít offer presentational ideas. And there was no live performance footage despite obviously having it pre COVID. IT felt like it was rushed to market. And donít get me started on the arts and crafts that I didnít think were needed. I could go on but Iím sure youíve seen my review.

The bottom line is I paid for this product with my own money. I am a customer and as such I am allowed to review the product however I see fit. You say anyone that gives you a bad review has an ego and doesnít show humility. That is the most egotistic attitude I have ever seen. Hereís an idea, listen to the negative reviews (and there are lots of negative reviews not just me). Listen to what people are saying and take it on board and learn from it. Offer a better product next time. Like I said part of the problem iOS when you release a product we have to look at the total package. Including the instructions that come with it.

I really think you need to keep your ego in check. And as for everything you have said about me let me ask a question. I produce 16 videos a week for magicians. I do this for free and several of these videos I could charge for but I donít. I am trying to provide magicians content that can help them with no agenda at all. As far as I can see you produce and sell magic tricks for money. And yet you try to paint me as the bad guy?

Try harder next time is my advice.
Well said Craig , totally agree keep up the great work Gaz 👍👍😊
Agree Craig! Most appreciate your contributions to the community!
Well said, Craig. Illusionist Snake's sarcastic sniping is as mature as his stupid contact lenses.
People need to have their ego in check these days.

creators, community managers, even customers

no one is "higher" than another.

everyone needs to give and take constructive feedback properly and not get too sensitive about it.

1. creators think they are better since they created something people buy but some products are ****. so get over yourself.

2. community managers threaten other people because you are the moderator or host of a large Facebook group. it just shows your character is low. your community is not a bargaining chip to get what you want.

3. Customers..you are not almighty god even if you pay for it.
Thatís why I would never do Facebook who cares about it , it means literally zero to me and is meaningless to anyone whoís got anything about them imo Gaz 😊
Message: Posted by: Illusionist Snake (Feb 26, 2021 03:55PM)
For sure man! I don't have nothign with you.
Sure you have many years in magic. I am 8 years old and I have seen many humble people. I have seen other great reviews from people who give negative opinions but not OFFENSIVE LIKE YOU DID. You have every right to say what you want, but before being a magician, an artist, you must be a person and think a little beyond the creation of a product. I'm not upset, I shouldn't be. I only feel sorry that there are people without neutral, negative, but neutral opinions, you speak as if you were an expert. Of course I listen to people and try to improve every day as a magician, as a creator and as a person. If you were offended, it was not my intention. This is just a text, you can not express feelings.

I only expressed my opinion regarding your vulgar opinion without knowing the events. Many things can be misinterpreted in a text. We don't know each other, but sure a beer and talking about life could be more fun. I am sure YES!. Better if it's a tequila or a vodka.
Thanks Craig. if I like your comments or not.
Thank you ;)

Seems a bit strange to be honest but thanks for your input. [/quote]
Wow!
Hope everyone at Blackpool was able to get this!
Where are all their reviews?
[quote]On Feb 26, 2021, Illusionist Snake wrote:
Sure you have many years in magic. I am 8 years old and I have seen many humble people. I have seen other great reviews from people who give negative opinions but not OFFENSIVE LIKE YOU DID. You have every right to say what you want, but before being a magician, an artist, you must be a person and think a little beyond the creation of a product. I'm not upset, I shouldn't be. I only feel sorry that there are people without neutral, negative, but neutral opinions, you speak as if you were an expert. Of course I listen to people and try to improve every day as a magician, as a creator and as a person. If you were offended, it was not my intention. This is just a text, you can not express feelings.

I only expressed my opinion regarding your vulgar opinion without knowing the events. Many things can be misinterpreted in a text. We don't know each other, but sure a beer and talking about life could be more fun. I am sure YES!. Better if it's a tequila or a vodka.
Thank you ;)

Seems a bit strange to be honest but thanks for your input. [/quote] [/quote]

Snake,
Some friendly advice. You will absolutely be miserable in magic if you aren't able to accept the advice, the critique, the good, bad, ugly etc.

I have to say. The trailer and Murphys to say "Everyone at Blackpoool Loved this and wanted one" is a HUGE statment! And obviously a complete lie. Might not be your fault on that one.

There are numerous that do not like this.
Learn from this. Take ALL advice! Learn from it. Grow.

Step back and take a hard look at yourself. It's hard to do, but will help you.
While you're about it Snake, why not consider contributing something useful for others on here (Magicians Helping Magicians?); instead of using this forum simply as a platform for promoting a poor product; attacking a very honest reviewer and blowing smoke up your own rear end?

That's the problem with kids today.....they live in their own little dreamwold of (un)social media; and can't take it when the grown-ups tell it as it is.
Message: Posted by: Illusionist Snake (Feb 27, 2021 11:18AM)
Have te reason. I take all your coments to be better like magician and person.

surely they raised me differently. one thing is "constructive criticism" and another is "offensive criticism, insulting and making fun of it like a piece of ****" This last one I will never take. If you don't like me, PERFECT, it's not for everyone. But you have to be educated like other reviwers in making negative comments without the need to offend. Anyway, I'm here in this life to laugh, I never take things personally. I learn from you as a person in the real world, not magical.

😉😉😉😉 TEKILAA 🍻🍻

[quote]On Feb 27, 2021, mikenewman wrote:
[quote]On Feb 26, 2021, Illusionist Snake wrote:

Thank you ;)

Seems a bit strange to be honest but thanks for your input. [/quote] [/quote]

Snake,
Some friendly advice. You will absolutely be miserable in magic if you aren't able to accept the advice, the critique, the good, bad, ugly etc.

I have to say. The trailer and Murphys to say "Everyone at Blackpoool Loved this and wanted one" is a HUGE statment! And obviously a complete lie. Might not be your fault on that one.

There are numerous that do not like this.
Learn from this. Take ALL advice! Learn from it. Grow.

Step back and take a hard look at yourself. It's hard to do, but will help you. [/quote]
Did anyone elsehave issues with the gimmick ink smearing? It seems they were screen printed insteqd of being boxes and that leads the to the ink smearing rather quickly. The shop owner is supwr nixe and sending me a second one. Hopefully the gimmick was fixed.
[quote]On Feb 28, 2021, codydavismagic wrote:
Did anyone elsehave issues with the gimmick ink smearing? It seems they were screen printed insteqd of being boxes and that leads the to the ink smearing rather quickly. The shop owner is supwr nixe and sending me a second one. Hopefully the gimmick was fixed. [/quote]

Yes, I had same issue with noticeable ink smearing after owning my gimmicks for a few days
Ripped my gimmicks apart and made some out of my own boxes. Honestly I think the 1 deck production is workable, but the 2 is pretty impractable. Hopefully the replacement gimmicks I get have better craftmenship and allow me to do the production as shown.
Cody! Friend. So...did you get a replacement?
Hope you received a better craft. 🙂🙂🙂

[quote]On Feb 28, 2021, codydavismagic wrote:
Ripped my gimmicks apart and made some out of my own boxes. Honestly I think the 1 deck production is workable, but the 2 is pretty impractable. Hopefully the replacement gimmicks I get have better craftmenship and allow me to do the production as shown. [/quote]
[quote]On Feb 23, 2021, Illusionist Snake wrote:
[quote]On Feb 23, 2021, Aaron Smith Magic wrote:
In my opinion, this trick (gimmick) sucks. [/quote]

Jajajajajaja stinks really strong. it has a very bad smell. [/quote]

What are you rambling about?