(Close Window)
Topic: BOXING MATCH 2.0 by Katsuya Masuda (the creator of WOW)
BOXING MATCH 2.0 comes from the creator of the best selling effect "Wow".

Boxing match 2.0 is just as great with 4 COLOR CHANGES.

Boxing Match 2.0 includes:
* 4 super visual, instant color changes.
* Online instructions.
* Perfect for online performances and social media as well as in person.

https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=68502
Wow ! what a great color change.
Agree, look super cool!
Looks great! I wonder if you can show the rest of the box or if it has to remain as is on the table.
Wow , looks a knockout . I can understand how it works except the terrific box itself change which looks incredible . Obviously R&S or similar for the deck colour change , the Jokers were always Red and the flick drops a blank imo releasing the blue backed force card from the R&S cards and blank card is magnetic and covers the Red backed card in the box . It’s the box change itself that excites me the most Gaz 😊
I’m am probably wrong but I believe certain elements I must be correct on here . Pure speculation but it would kill a layman and that’s all that matters Gaz 😊
As an owner of Boxing Match 1.0, I think it’s even simpler than that (no R&S needed).
But regardless, this is a great update, I’m glad to see Masuda is still creating, he had some ingenious effects years ago.

Brian
Great 👍👍 it just looked like about 26 cards on the spread of blue cards . That’s not a problem though it looked visually incredible Gaz 😊
Definitely RnS involved.
I don't think RnS, notice deck was cut at one point, and I don't believe the box can be examined after, and part of works like old boxing match. but wow, very visual, looks great!
I thought it was the cutting that actually put the cards perfectly in position for the the blue card add on and then the subsequent spread for the 26 blue backed visible card display Gaz 😊
[quote]On Feb 1, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I thought it was the cutting that actually put the cards perfectly in position for the the blue card add on and then the subsequent spread for the 26 blue backed visible card display Gaz 😊 [/quote]

yep, I thought same
That’s why I thought RnS is involved but the box change visual is what I really liked . Probably not practical in the real world but certainly looked great on camera Gaz 😊
I would like to know the construction of the card box because if it is normal cardboard I don't see this holding up very long however I do have effects that change from like two packs of gum into one big pack of gum and I believe it probably uses that kind of Technology.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Looks great! A bit like Shadeshift, where the box changes at the same time as the card(s)
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Feb 2, 2021 04:12AM)
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Very.
I think it's a normal ga***d box self contained (don't wanna give it away but watch the flick) and only the top card using R&S. Look at the video very closely and you can actually see how it's done. I liked and ordered it.
So it’s like Blue illusion if it’s just a flick , I think this combines The Romero box and M case principles within it too imo Gaz 😊
From the demo video looks to be more of an open/quicker change as compared to Blue Illusion.
Does this come with a gimmick?
Yes for sure
I ordered it as well I am familiar with his work and I have to admit everything I received created by Masuda has been a very well-thought-out piece of magic so I will be waiting to receive this and I'm sure I will not be disappointed looks like a nice piece of eye candy.

Good magic to all,

Eric
By the way after reading Kenco comments and reviewing the video I believe he is correct but I will definitely know more when this comes in I'm looking forward to it.

Good magic to all,

Eric
It's definitely Boxing Match 1.0 with an updated gimmicked box and a gimmicked card (and the rest of the deck of cards to facilitate the colour change). For Masuda to offer 2.0 for what was the same price as 1.0 is fantastic, the box alone is worth it from the looks of it, which, with some careful handling, could also be used for a modified brainwave deck case.
[quote]On Feb 3, 2021, bekralik wrote:
It's definitely Boxing Match 1.0 with an updated gimmicked box and a gimmicked card (and the rest of the deck of cards to facilitate the colour change). For Masuda to offer 2.0 for what was the same price as 1.0 is fantastic, the box alone is worth it from the looks of it, which, with some careful handling, could also be used for a modified brainwave deck case. [/quote]

*** that's a good idea! Using the case for an added brainwave effect...
I have to admit that is a fantastic idea using the box for a brainwave routine. Really nice thinking there. Thank you for sharing that idea as well.😊🎉

Good magic to all,

Eric
After receiving this I have to admit this was a very well-thought-out effect. The one I received is done opposite from the directions in other words I start out with the cards being blue and then turning into red and the instructions start out with the cards being red then turning blue. I had to go over the instructions a few times because although it's a video it has English subtitles that you have to read while trying to watch what's going on in the performance. However it is pretty simple to follow along and get the gist of what's going on. Along with all that this is simply fun to do as well as very entertaining. One final thing I believe I commented earlier about how this reminds me of the one effect which I cannot think of the name of offhand where you take two packs of gum and they turn into one pack I thought this is how this would be accomplished however it is a completely different method that's used.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The more I have seen this I think it certainly has R&S or similar on at least one card .
The card changes in the box like the Romero box or M case and that added weight and shift of the flap just naturally turns the box over with the flick . For those reasons if my hunch is correct I think Blue illusion is less restrictive as its done in your hands and is more workable in the real world . Just my 2 cents Gaz 😊
I am thinking of buying a s****h box -- would yo get this, Mcase or Romero?
Romero’s is definately the original and slightly better than M case but they both do the job and I have both Gaz 😊
Thanks Gaz
No problems my friend Gaz 😊
Great color change! My order is in!

R.
Message: Posted by: SlightlyTipsyMagic (Feb 11, 2021 05:38PM)
[quote] The great Gumbini wrote:
After receiving this I have to admit this was a very well-thought-out effect. The one I received is done opposite from the directions in other words I start out with the cards being blue and then turning into red and the instructions start out with the cards being red then turning blue.

Mine is the same as yours, opposite so to speak. Does make it a bit challenging when ya have to reverse engineer everything, for me anyway! 😂 Awesome visual.
I highly suggest to anyone receiving this “Do not even open the package” until you have watched the instructional tutorial a couple of times. Easy enough because it’s only 5 minutes.
This is a deck that could be very difficult to reassemble in the correct order for some people if it gets out of whack. Reset is another puzzle on it’s own.

I hesitated on ordering, then I had to scramble a bit to locate one ready for shipping as two dealers didn’t receive enough to cover preorders.
Anybody else gotten their long awaited preorder in yet?
Wow!!!
This does look freaking awesome!

Are he and Mark Mason related? Always creating cool effects that are very visual and effective!

Def getting this one for sure!

Mike
That looks very nice, indeed!
Magic Café has drifted from being reviews to being "I'm guessing I know how it's done! And I can prove it!" which is no good to me as a prospective buyer and also violates the Magicians Code. Very lame perspective. Dave
How refreshing to see a straight forward video advertising this effect, without all the usual fluff and cuts.......
I reviewed this on the latest episode of my Review Show on YouTube. It’s a very visual effect but the routine is heavily awes from a routining POV.

There are pros and cons and there are reasons for buying this prop. But I don’t think you could perform the routine as you see it in the trailer for a few different reasons.

Here’s the link to the review. Let me know what you think or if you have any questions.

https://youtu.be/k4iyXAx0iWY
Craig great review show this week as always. Your son did a fantastic job performing boxing match. Loved it.
[quote]On Mar 3, 2021, The Great Dave wrote:
Magic Café has drifted from being reviews to being "I'm guessing I know how it's done! And I can prove it!" which is no good to me as a prospective buyer and also violates the Magicians Code. Very lame perspective. Dave [/quote]

You should read the sub forum rules, which allows speculation without providing the ‘secret’. It should be very good for you as a prospective buyer so that you can be certain that you’re not buying complete rubbish.
Hi there

There is another performance,
this time from blue box & cards to red ones!

I‘m afraid there‘s a bit of a noise issue, when the
box changes....this was better covered by Craig‘s
son (snipping with finger at the same time).

[youtube]QMrlRLJfb8c[/youtube]
Definitely agree with Craig's review of this on all fronts. I would also add that the reveal of the jokers at the end is by far the weakest part of this routine, and I can't understand why I'd want to end it on that point. I'm far more interested in the box and especially the chosen card changing color. Craig's suggested improvements will make this far stronger.
There was definitely noise during the box change, but he 'covered' for it by dropping the box as it occurred - a nice touch.

As for the change itself, I have visions of that clear IET, which I find not particularly reliable. No idea how it's done, but it does look great, no doubt.

[quote]On Mar 27, 2021, Magic Chris wrote:
Hi there

There is another performance,
this time from blue box & cards to red ones!

I‘m afraid there‘s a bit of a noise issue, when the
box changes....this was better covered by Craig‘s
son (snipping with finger at the same time).

[youtube]QMrlRLJfb8c[/youtube] [/quote]
I've had the chance to perform this several times now and so far the box has always flipped over perfectly well and stayed put someone pointed out on here that probably the weight of the cards helps make this a bit more reliable I believe that may be the case. It takes a little practice to know the right height and how much of a flick you need to make the successful but once you get that down pat you could pretty much depend on this being reliable. Also I know some things have been said about the final two cards turning over and revealing the color change as well I believe although not the strongest part of this effect the way it is handled honestly lets it get by the average Observer. I really like this affect a lot.

Good magic to all,

Eric
[quote]On Mar 18, 2021, pegasus wrote:
[quote]On Mar 3, 2021, The Great Dave wrote:
Magic Café has drifted from being reviews to being "I'm guessing I know how it's done! And I can prove it!" which is no good to me as a prospective buyer and also violates the Magicians Code. Very lame perspective. Dave [/quote]

You should read the sub forum rules, which allows speculation without providing the ‘secret’. It should be very good for you as a prospective buyer so that you can be certain that you’re not buying complete rubbish. [/quote]

Totally agree that is the whole point of this section of the Café, speculation of new and up coming effects.
No one here knows how’s it’s actually done we are just speculating on how we think it’s done. I think Dave you want the tricks and effects section if you want reviews, it’s no ones fault if a lot of people jump on here and use the wrong sections before posting. That’s how the gullible buy effects in the first place they get sucked in by the hype and don’t read the Café rules, this section helps to avoid such practices and saves people money Gaz 😊
[youtube]9rYBZL5x0e4[/youtube]
Many folks were saying they were going to buy this for the card case alone, which sounds like they are expecting it to be this mechanical marvel. I think they must be thinking like a magician. Because to me it looks like the method for that is very basic and I believe very old. Hope people enjoy simplicity and are not disappointed.
[quote]On Apr 24, 2021, videoman wrote:
Many folks were saying they were going to buy this for the card case alone, which sounds like they are expecting it to be this mechanical marvel. I think they must be thinking like a magician. Because to me it looks like the method for that is very basic and I believe very old. Hope people enjoy simplicity and are not disappointed. [/quote]

Guilty as charged :) It took me awhile, lol.