(Close Window)
Topic: Stealing piece of paper from an envelope
Hello good folks - I'm in the process of developing an effect, however I'm in a situation where I'm stuck on possible methods and I'd like your input.
Here's the situation: spectator has written a word/name/sentence (not forceable) on a piece of paper which is then (can be folded or not) placed in a small thick paper envelope, then sealed.

The idea is getting that piece of paper out of that envelope for further purposes.
The whole point would be for their exact piece of paper to appear somewhere else.

Now, there are a few conditions I'd like to set:
-Spectator holds the paper they're writing on (just a ripped piece of paper)
-(optional but preferred) spectator puts the paper in envelope and seal it themselves
-If above can't be done (if I have to seal it for a method to happen), I'd like at least them to put the paper in the envelope, which means making the envelope gimmickless or as 'examinable' as possible (although not much importance will be brought to that)

-if it helps, there is a himber-principled wallet as part of the routine, which I'm likely going to use to switch their envelope for an empty one they'll sign (needed as part of the effect). Ideally the paper would be stolen before insertion in the wallet though
-routine will be seated
-peeking is useless

I'm aware how to get it if I'm the one placing it inside the envelope, but it's an approach I'd rather avoid for this one.

Any ideas and pointers on where to go and look?
Thanks! :)
Hello Emanuele:

We are not permitted to reveal secrets or methods in this section of the Café. There is a section called The Secret Sessions which you cannot see nor access until you have at least 50 posts. Once you have 50 posts, then someone will put what you need to know in that section.

This said, have you checked Corinda, Annemann (various books), or Tarbell? You might do a search for the Rook Envelope, which was developed by Jules de Barros. Ted Lesley has some good solutions in "Paramiracles."
[quote]On Feb 9, 2021, Bill Palmer wrote:
Hello Emanuele:

We are not permitted to reveal secrets or methods in this section of the Café. There is a section called The Secret Sessions which you cannot see nor access until you have at least 50 posts. Once you have 50 posts, then someone will put what you need to know in that section.

This said, have you checked Corinda, Annemann (various books), or Tarbell? You might do a search for the Rook Envelope, which was developed by Jules de Barros. Ted Lesley has some good solutions in "Paramiracles." [/quote]

Hello Bill!
Hah, 6 years into the forum and still haven't reached my minimum messages to access the sessions :P
Will have to stop lurking and posting some more - so we can discuss methods.

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll check those out and dust back my copy of 13 steps :D
I can see you are getting closer! If you are a member of that little magic club on Stevenson Way, there is a wealth of material in their library.
Does "The Flew" ring a bell?