(Close Window)
Topic: Should I lower my rates due to COVID?
Here are my thoughts on the matter. Would love to know what you all think about it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6pLyCk6qDk&t=4s
Shows have started coming back for me in the last few weeks and I decided to raise my rates (I was going to do that last year before COVID). So far it hasn't hurt the bookings. But I do notice people being more hesitant to book my deluxe package because the parties have so few kids. It's like they're willing to spring for a magician, but don't think the balloon twisting is warranted when it's just little Billy and a few of his cousins.
The OP seems like a bait post to get followers to his youtube channel (as others have recently too) which is why I never follow/click video links posted here. If you can't post the content here to discuss (and then mention the video at the end for those interested) I don't believe you are really interested in the discussion at all.

Plus, from this OP I know what he'll say before he even says it, lol. So no need to follow the path.

As far as TKD27, I agree that bookings have been coming back quite strongly over the last month and suspect it will continue as long as things seem to move forward with COVID and the events industry.

I know many that are raising their prices and live shows (not Zoom) as they were either about to before this hit or as a result of decisions made during the last 11 months. This is the time to make changes, progressions, new business services, new offerings, updates, and such to their business operations and performances. This unfortunate situation has created an almost ideal time to make such changes, including pricing without otherwise obvious or more noticeability.

Value, as always, should be one of the leading factors.

Also, this is a great time to elevate local markets for those operating from an industry perspective.

Unfortunately, you will also see the bottom-feeders that will always appear in a desperate attempt to try to undercut others just to get any booking they can muster up.

Many I know and work with, both performers as well as event venues, are excited and looking forward to much better year.
I must admit I have been tempted to lower my prices from time to time during this pandemic. I have not. And sure enough I just lost a couple of gigs to a lower priced performer. There's nothing new about this.

My experience differs from TKD27 in that the few bookings I've been getting seem ready and willing to spring for the deluxe package plus add-ons. Tips are up also.

I heard that about 1/3 of the country has either had covid or had the vaccine. What's the magic number to return to normalcy?
I agree that the OP wants us to click on the link to see the video. But to be fair, it is an 8-minute video and that would be a lot of typing to say everything that was said. I thought he had some good advice, and I do agree with him that now is not the time to listen to other magicians about not lowering your price in fear of lowering the market. The market is already as low as it can go right now. Lol. Those needing money should do what they need to do to keep working.

I think normal is in sight but still a ways to come.

Tom