(Close Window)
Topic: The "click" when culling
Just about every description of the Cull refers to the "click" of the following card into position. (This seems to apply to descriptions of both "push" or "pull" style of cull).
When I cull, the stolen card(s) always goes quite deep into my right hand, so my fingers can comfortably reach the left edge of the card. Therefore I can feel the relationship of the cards. I don't need to listen for a click. The click would only seem important if the culled card is held much less deep in the hand (more of an at-the-fingertips feeling). I am curious to know if this is indeed where others hold it?
I’ve only ever experienced the “click” for the first culled card. Any subsequent culled cards feel normal.
[quote]On Feb 16, 2021, Nikodemus wrote:
I don't need to listen for a click.[/quote]

Usually, the slight "click" is felt rather than heard.

Jim
There shouldn't and need not be an audible click when culling. It's more of a helpful guide when learning to understand where the cards are during the act of culling.
Eventually, you'll get to a point where you don't need a click, you feel the card is sufficiently culled and continue to spreading action to either cull more cards to finish spreading the cards.
Don't concern yourself with the click so much as doing the cull well. don't worry about the click, anyway. it will go away in time
Thanks for the replies. I am not "concerned" about the click. I'm really more interested to hear whether people hold the card under the spread at their fingertips, or deeper in the hand
I hold the card at my fingertips, as that's how I learnt it from Kostya Kimlat's Roadrunner Cull.
I did play with the deeper in the hand grip, which is how Michael Vincent does his cull, but it doesn't allow me to cull multiple cards really quickly like the roadrunner.
Hybrid Hunter,
Thanks for that. I have a copy of KK's Roadrunner. Need to watch it again!

I am thinking I might start to practice the fingertips position, as an alternative technique. I am pretty sure I have seen Michael Vincent do it that way at least once - but can't remember where. It was an under-spread force, and I'm sure (in that context) he did not have the card deep in his hand.