(Close Window)
Topic: Looking for Tarot and Ouija Routines
I am not sure where the right place to post this is but I thought I would try here first. All apologies if this is in error as there are a TON of threads here!

So firstly, I just picked up The Oracle System and Tarot Sight. Both seem to be excellent starts into the foray of Tarot Magic. That said, does anyone have recommendations on other Tarot effects or Tarot magic books or videos? I would love to have a few more with a "stock" Tarot Deck or a gimmicked one.

Second, I have asked before but think it is worth trying again... Is anyone aware of effects or books of effects to use with a Ouija board? How about a gimmicked Ouija board? Would be a fun Halloween / sťance theme night to use a Ouija board for some magic and thrills...

Thanks ahead for your thoughts and recommendations!
When you get 50 posts you'll be able to go down to the section called Inside the Crypt. That is for people into the bizarre type stuff like the one you are asking for.

Greg
[quote]On Feb 16, 2021, Greg Arce wrote:
When you get 50 posts you'll be able to go down to the section called Inside the Crypt. That is for people into the bizarre type stuff like the one you are asking for.

Greg [/quote]

Thanks, helpful but not today! ;-P
Jared Kopf and John Wilson.
[quote]On Feb 16, 2021, Mac_Stone wrote:
Jared Kopf and John Wilson. [/quote]

Thanks. Was there something specific by each of them that I should look up?
Here are a couple of links which may interest you.

http://www.blackhart.co.uk/index.html
http://www.bizarremagick.com/jmagusproducts.html
Jim's on LULU

https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/jim-magus/tales-from-the-talking-board/paperback/product-1e8kvv8z.html?page=1&pageSize=4

There's plenty of info here on the Cafť. In the right section. Or with the search.
Look for Stephen Minch "The book of Thoth" for Tarot stuff. Also T.C. Tahoe has some wonderful stuff with Tarot.
[quote]On Feb 16, 2021, 61magic wrote:
Here are a couple of links which may interest you.

http://www.blackhart.co.uk/index.html
http://www.bizarremagick.com/jmagusproducts.html [/quote]

Blackhart is amazing. Difficult to navigate the site but a really nice "reapplication" of some standard packet and other magic handlings. All very simple and basic stuff nicely repurposed with a focus on mood and story telling. A nice change from the typical street magic hysteria effects. Thanks!
22 by scott creasey is a book all about tarot parties and tarot effects to perform.
Lot's of good leads here, thanks! Anyone see any gimmicked Ouija Boards for sale?
Responding to SaturnKK -

I have a Factotum pendulum, and the spirits that have answered questions for decades no longer visit. I have been trying to get a replacement routine for my sťance.

I just purchased a Mikame "Mirror A cle", as the power a mirror allows a spirit is so intense. I have been warned when cleaning it around a Ouija that the spirits may become greedy. I have seen silks pulled slowly into the nether world. I was told that silks may return to this plane attached to haunted keys or the like.

I have been scouring the web for 11 1/2 months, seeking auctions, collector items, and low and behold, the Subversive Circuits and OE products of the past, remain in the past. I am waiting for 50 posts to be allowed into the dark trading world of the Cafť. Although acquiring the appropriate Mikame was very difficult, I found talking to those in the know and posting frequently took me some time, but I was able to find what I was looking for. Search and find the routine on video. Make sure it is what you want, then be specific. Times are tough around the world, and collectors are parting with rare items....for the right price. PM me if you want more info on routines.
22 by Scott Creasey is an absolute no-brainer. You will use this stuff.

Phedon
[quote]On Apr 20, 2021, phedonbilek wrote:
22 by Scott Creasey is an absolute no-brainer. You will use this stuff.

Phedon [/quote]

Thanks, I do have it and read and like it.
I personally feel that the most powerful thing you can do with tarot is an insightful reading. The origins of the tarot were for a game, but modern decks are intended primarily for fortune telling. Just that simple. But simple isnít always easy. It takes a lot of practice to deliver good readings over and over. But it is worth the work.

With Ouija, I have had mixed results. Iíve only done a couple of seances and I want to get more mileage from the talking board. I have some ideas but nothing tested. I do think any word divination (using CT, p**k, or imp) could be done as a spirit effect. Ideally, the board could answer questions, not just repeat words. I hope to test some ideas about this once I get a chance later this summer.

Jim Magus has material on both tarot and Ouija. Iím not aware of anyone else with material on the Ouija, but Minch and Creasey are the go-to names for Tarot.

Patrick
[quote]On Feb 16, 2021, saturnkk wrote:
[quote]On Feb 16, 2021, Mac_Stone wrote:
Jared Kopf and John Wilson. [/quote]

Thanks. Was there something specific by each of them that I should look up? [/quote]

All of it.