(Close Window)
Topic: This seems Bizarre.....
Https://crissangel.com/studiosale/?fbclid=IwAR3bLeiRiPZoSfDtoRqPi2ZHZwlp28cvgBVFJxhXZIqMspTY9kUmJNSBLzs#magic-and-illusions
Message: Posted by: Gerald Blankenship (Feb 23, 2021 09:35AM)
I guess the covid situation is forcing sales like this. I can't imagine all that equipment and effects which are quite expensive just sitting in a warehouse unable to use them. This is a good example of how the pandemic has affected the entertainment industry. My best wishes go out to all those who have lost their income. They have worked very hard to succeed and now have to watch while it all goes down the tubes. I may be wrong on my view of all this but I don't think I am.
Wow he's literally selling everything but the Kitchen sink!
Time for me to do some shopping..
$99,000 for a 2008 Mucielago!

Sure it appeared in Mindfreak but they could have chucked in the engine and interior! LOL
A Corvette without engine or interior is very bizarre.
[quote]On Feb 23, 2021, Gerald Blankenship wrote:
I guess the covid situation is forcing sales like this. I can't imagine all that equipment and effects which are quite expensive just sitting in a warehouse unable to use them. This is a good example of how the pandemic has affected the entertainment industry. My best wishes go out to all those who have lost their income. They have worked very hard to succeed and now have to watch while it all goes down the tubes. I may be wrong on my view of all this but I don't think I am. [/quote]

I totally agree with you as long as we are talking about the "average" professionals, but people like Criss Angel who have earned a fortune being the magic headliner in Las Vegas for a few years?
This must be either the result of his very bad money-management or he fell for the gambling-temptation right before his eyes?
Message: Posted by: Gerald Blankenship (Feb 24, 2021 07:54AM)
I have thought about money management. With all the glitz and fame some of these folks get it is tempting to think it will last forever and they wind up spending themselves out business with their life styles.
Or, hear me out, maybe he's selling things to make sure he can pay for his kid's cancer treatments.
Message: Posted by: Gerald Blankenship (Feb 24, 2021 12:16PM)
Oh I remember he son does have cancer. I sure hope if that is the reason it will help him through such an ordeal.
Did he four wall the venue? How is it he owns the props? Just wondering.
[quote]On Feb 23, 2021, weepinwil wrote:
A Corvette without engine or interior is very bizarre. [/quote]

I believe the Corvette is complete. It was the Lamborghini that didn't have the engine as it was being used in his live show, essentially making it a prop car.
[quote]On Feb 24, 2021, GlennLawrence wrote:
[quote]On Feb 23, 2021, weepinwil wrote:
A Corvette without engine or interior is very bizarre. [/quote]

I believe the Corvette is complete. It was the Lamborghini that didn't have the engine as it was being used in his live show, essentially making it a prop car. [/quote]

I think you are right. Regardless, who wants to buy any car without an engine or interior?