(Close Window)
Topic: POISON by Nikolas Mavresis
Message: Posted by: mavresis_n (Feb 26, 2021 05:54AM)
Hey guys, I am super proud to announce the release of my newest effect called "POISON".

It is my version of Karl Fulves' great "Gemini Twins" trick, that has also elements from Simon Aronson's "Shuffleboard". The reveals build and build to highlight an awesome kicker ending they will never see coming. That's why I think it's very commercial. The POISON deck has been beautifully designed and printed to look just like something you would buy in a quirky gift shop. Poison may be performed on 1-4 spectators and is perfect for close up, parlor, or even Zoom. It is super simple to perform and also comes with custom cards for a bunch of additional effects Including a great wild card effect called Happy Hour, A fun Monte style effect with a kicker ending, and a special card for PATEO style effects.

I really hope that you like it! Here is the trailer that includes a full uncut performance: https://youtu.be/2fsGr4vU4ZM

Nikolas
Message: Posted by: simplymagicweb (Feb 26, 2021 06:57AM)
Ordered. Looks great
Message: Posted by: Woolfie (Feb 26, 2021 08:43AM)
I watched the launch and was very impressed. The way the reveals build is a lovely piece of routining. Great work!!

Ordering ASAP.
Message: Posted by: Joe Roberts (Feb 26, 2021 09:08AM)
The selection process is a little questionable in that you're stacking up the deck only to spread through the cards moments later and remove the cards you just buried by stacking up the deck. Without the selections seeming very fair, I'm not sure if it matters how many revelations you have afterwards.
Message: Posted by: CardGuyMike (Feb 26, 2021 09:24AM)
Yes I found it really awkward to stack the cards up only to immediately respread them. Also with 4 selections it makes it more obvious what's really going on. But I think if there is some patter or other bit of business to add some time misdirection between stacking up the cards and respreading them the trick could become much more fooling.
Message: Posted by: TuneHV (Feb 26, 2021 10:02AM)
I think the procedure is fair - however, Nikolas does teach a wonderful subtlety (that’s not in the trailer) where the spectator gets to choose the cards to the left or right of the marker cards, which makes it even more fair in the spectators eyes and in turn adds justification to the actions. The designs of the deck are also absolutely beautiful and the whole premise is very engaging - I love this effect.
Message: Posted by: mavresis_n (Feb 26, 2021 12:07PM)
[quote]On Feb 26, 2021, Joe Roberts wrote:
The selection process is a little questionable in that you're stacking up the deck only to spread through the cards moments later and remove the cards you just buried by stacking up the deck. Without the selections seeming very fair, I'm not sure if it matters how many revelations you have afterwards. [/quote]

David beat me to it. There is a handling that you don't see in the trailer that gives a reason for every action that you make. Hope that helped :)
Message: Posted by: mavresis_n (Feb 26, 2021 12:07PM)
[quote]On Feb 26, 2021, Woolfie wrote:
I watched the launch and was very impressed. The way the reveals build is a lovely piece of routining. Great work!!

Ordering ASAP. [/quote]


Thanks so much! Glad you liked it :)
Message: Posted by: magicmind (Feb 26, 2021 01:02PM)
This selection process is that of an ACE trick I do. This looks like a worker to me! Almost self working really. Nice routine too. What is the difference in poker and pro cards?
Message: Posted by: westo (Feb 26, 2021 01:06PM)
Pro size a bit bigger
Message: Posted by: geggy (Feb 26, 2021 01:55PM)
Saw the launch, the reveals are very clever..but as has been mentioned, the dealing procedure and gathering of the deck,before showing ' selected 'cards is the weak part.

It's a run of the mill card trick dressed up with the cocktail theme.The multiple reveals are very clever for the climax, but same outcome every time is a turn off for me as only show to friends and family.
Great for pros tho, if they choose to use it.
Message: Posted by: mavresis_n (Feb 26, 2021 04:08PM)
[quote]On Feb 26, 2021, magicmind wrote:
This selection process is that of an ACE trick I do. This looks like a worker to me! Almost self working really. Nice routine too. What is the difference in poker and pro cards? [/quote]

It is self-working so you can focus on the presentation. I agree that it is a worker for sure. Personally, I would use it in a parlour show as a closer.
Message: Posted by: mavresis_n (Feb 26, 2021 04:13PM)
[quote]On Feb 26, 2021, geggy wrote:
Saw the launch, the reveals are very clever..but as has been mentioned, the dealing procedure and gathering of the deck,before showing ' selected 'cards is the weak part.

It's a run of the mill card trick dressed up with the cocktail theme.The multiple reveals are very clever for the climax, but same outcome every time is a turn off for me as only show to friends and family.
Great for pros tho, if they choose to use it. [/quote]

Hi there! During the explanation, I offer 2 small things/changes that I like to do during that procedure, that transform the whole thing. The procedure now, makes sense. I wish I could say more, haha.
Message: Posted by: Gaz Lawrence (Feb 26, 2021 04:16PM)
Put them in the demo if they are that good Gaz 😊
Message: Posted by: videoman (Feb 26, 2021 04:24PM)
[quote]On Feb 26, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Put them in the demo if they are that good Gaz 😊 [/quote]

Took the words right out of my mouth Gaz.
Seems magic trailers either don’t show things because it will make the trick look bad, or they don’t show things which would make the trick look better, which doesn’t make any sense.
Why not show it in its best light?
I guess they just want to save some subtleties for buyers. But still, if it helps sell the trick it’s probably best to include it.
Message: Posted by: mavresis_n (Feb 26, 2021 05:10PM)
[quote]On Feb 26, 2021, videoman wrote:
[quote]On Feb 26, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Put them in the demo if they are that good Gaz 😊 [/quote]

Took the words right out of my mouth Gaz.
Seems magic trailers either don’t show things because it will make the trick look bad, or they don’t show things which would make the trick look better, which doesn’t make any sense.
Why not show it in its best light?
I guess they just want to save some subtleties for buyers. But still, if it helps sell the trick it’s probably best to include it. [/quote]

No that's not it. Peter performed HIS handling. During the explanation, I shared mine. That's it. There is nothing mis-leading on the trailer. You see a full uncut performance. Also, keep in mind that I didn't create this to fool magicians (I have done that in the past with "The Collector"). I do believe that the 2 little subtleties that I do, justify everything. I have done this trick to laymen and believe me, it kills.
Message: Posted by: Gaz Lawrence (Feb 26, 2021 06:06PM)
Ok but as you say it transforms the whole thing it seems a very significant thing to miss from the full performance if you know better ways to perform it . That’s my opinion
Gaz 😊
Message: Posted by: mikenewman (Feb 26, 2021 06:30PM)
Love the concept (drinks)....

For me. It is just way too confusing. Too much going on. Colors, markers, the dealing, stacking, placing the markers on the stacking... colors match the drink colors, then the 1st letters.... and so on.
I would have to go SUPER slow to help them understand and get what is happening.
DEF can't do this at a bar!!!! Which is what I would want, using the drink theme.

That's just me though. VERY well done to put this together and I know the quality will be great, and explanations excellent I'm sure.

The collector is AWESOME! And a bit more simpler IMHO.
I really wanted to like this.

Is there simpler handling maybe?
Message: Posted by: emyers99 (Feb 26, 2021 06:59PM)
I agree. Nice premise but too much going on for today’s 10 second attention spans.
Message: Posted by: pegasus (Feb 27, 2021 03:57AM)
Agreed, too much procedural nonsense going on.
Message: Posted by: NeilS (Feb 27, 2021 04:22AM)
[quote]On Feb 26, 2021, mikenewman wrote:
Love the concept (drinks)....

For me. It is just way too confusing. Too much going on. Colors, markers, the dealing, stacking, placing the markers on the stacking... colors match the drink colors, then the 1st letters.... and so on.
I would have to go SUPER slow to help them understand and get what is happening.
DEF can't do this at a bar!!!! Which is what I would want, using the drink theme.

That's just me though. VERY well done to put this together and I know the quality will be great, and explanations excellent I'm sure.

The collector is AWESOME! And a bit more simpler IMHO.
I really wanted to like this.

Is there simpler handling maybe? [/quote]

I agree. The demonstration was long-winded with too much dealing and a tad confusing. The whole thing needs to be simplified - and perhaps one of the other routines could be shown.

For me, I will be sticking with The Collector, which is an absolute gem, but unless I can be tempted by a different routine, I'll be giving this a miss.

Neil
Message: Posted by: Fire Starter (Feb 27, 2021 05:09AM)
Loved the Collector, but very disappointed with his Mentalism Download, video quality absolutely the worse I have ever purchased,i know we are in a lock down but recorded on a mobile phone ,kept cutting out freezing, learnt nothing from it,i gave up kept trying but the frustration of keep going back ,shame as looked to be some good stuff in it from what I could watch.
Message: Posted by: mavresis_n (Feb 27, 2021 05:42AM)
[quote]On Feb 26, 2021, mikenewman wrote:
Love the concept (drinks)....

For me. It is just way too confusing. Too much going on. Colors, markers, the dealing, stacking, placing the markers on the stacking... colors match the drink colors, then the 1st letters.... and so on.
I would have to go SUPER slow to help them understand and get what is happening.
DEF can't do this at a bar!!!! Which is what I would want, using the drink theme.

That's just me though. VERY well done to put this together and I know the quality will be great, and explanations excellent I'm sure.

The collector is AWESOME! And a bit more simpler IMHO.
I really wanted to like this.

Is there simpler handling maybe? [/quote]

Hey there. I partly agree with you. There are other, simpler routines explained in the download. Personally, I like to perform the "Staying Alive" routine but tastes differ. Having said that, I don't agree that the main routine is confusing for the spectators. They always follow what's going on.

Nikolas
Message: Posted by: mavresis_n (Feb 27, 2021 05:43AM)
I also don't understand why we are comparing the Collector to this? They are 2 completely different effects :)
Message: Posted by: tomdeg (Feb 27, 2021 05:45AM)
Ordered BOTH, Pro & Poker size... Looking forward to it.
Message: Posted by: mavresis_n (Feb 27, 2021 05:45AM)
[quote]On Feb 27, 2021, NeilS wrote:
[quote]On Feb 26, 2021, mikenewman wrote:
Love the concept (drinks)....

For me. It is just way too confusing. Too much going on. Colors, markers, the dealing, stacking, placing the markers on the stacking... colors match the drink colors, then the 1st letters.... and so on.
I would have to go SUPER slow to help them understand and get what is happening.
DEF can't do this at a bar!!!! Which is what I would want, using the drink theme.

That's just me though. VERY well done to put this together and I know the quality will be great, and explanations excellent I'm sure.

The collector is AWESOME! And a bit more simpler IMHO.
I really wanted to like this.

Is there simpler handling maybe? [/quote]

I agree. The demonstration was long-winded with too much dealing and a tad confusing. The whole thing needs to be simplified - and perhaps one of the other routines could be shown.

For me, I will be sticking with The Collector, which is an absolute gem, but unless I can be tempted by a different routine, I'll be giving this a miss.

Neil [/quote]


Hey Neil, thanks for your input. In the download, I explain another routine called "Staying Alive" which is much simpler.
Message: Posted by: mavresis_n (Feb 27, 2021 05:46AM)
[quote]On Feb 27, 2021, tomdeg wrote:
Ordered BOTH, Pro & Poker size... Looking forward to it. [/quote]

Thanks so much :) Hope you like it
Message: Posted by: mavresis_n (Feb 27, 2021 06:11AM)
[quote]On Feb 26, 2021, emyers99 wrote:
I agree. Nice premise but too much going on for today’s 10 second attention spans. [/quote]

Hi there. I see what you mean and I partly agree with you. This is certainly not a strolling trick. I would use it as a closer to a parlour set. You need to take your time with this, and if you do, I guarantee that you will get very strong reactions. Having said that, in the download Peter and I, do teach simpler versions.

Nikolas
Message: Posted by: mikenewman (Feb 27, 2021 06:18AM)
[quote]On Feb 27, 2021, mavresis_n wrote:
I also don't understand why we are comparing the Collector to this? They are 2 completely different effects :) [/quote]

Sorry.
Was just saying that I love The Collector as it is much easier to follow. Yes, completely different. Agree 100%
However, we can and all do compare effects that we may want to use and perform with. This one, you must have someone that has a long attention span and is able to follow along very closely.

In the trailer, he does say "from the creator that created..... The Collector" so it reminded me that you also created it, an awesome effect! That's why I mentioned it. You created both. You are VERY talented.

Would love to see the other routines with this. Keep it simple.
As I said, I like the idea... but it is far too much to follow..... obviously I am not alone in this perception.

But yes, these are both VERY different effects that are not alike.

Looking forward to many more from you for sure.

Respectively
Mike Newman
Message: Posted by: mikenewman (Feb 27, 2021 06:20AM)
Can you show us the "Staying Alive" version?

I'm interested...

Thanks!
Mike
Message: Posted by: mavresis_n (Feb 27, 2021 06:55AM)
[quote]On Feb 27, 2021, mikenewman wrote:
[quote]On Feb 27, 2021, mavresis_n wrote:
I also don't understand why we are comparing the Collector to this? They are 2 completely different effects :) [/quote]

Sorry.
Was just saying that I love The Collector as it is much easier to follow. Yes, completely different. Agree 100%
However, we can and all do compare effects that we may want to use and perform with. This one, you must have someone that has a long attention span and is able to follow along very closely.

In the trailer, he does say "from the creator that created..... The Collector" so it reminded me that you also created it, an awesome effect! That's why I mentioned it. You created both. You are VERY talented.

Would love to see the other routines with this. Keep it simple.
As I said, I like the idea... but it is far too much to follow..... obviously I am not alone in this perception.

But yes, these are both VERY different effects that are not alike.

Looking forward to many more from you for sure.

Respectively
Mike Newman [/quote]

Not a problem Mike. Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it! You were not the only one to mention the Collector, that's why I said what I said. I mean I obviously love the Collector, but this is a thread about "Poison" :). I don't think that Alakazam is going to create another trailer for Poison, showing the "Staying Alive" routine. I understand that some people find the routine to be a bit lenghty, but I think under the right circumstances (closer at a parlour show, for example), it kills.
Message: Posted by: NeilS (Feb 27, 2021 09:49AM)
It is a shame if Alakazam are not going to create another trailer. By not doing so, they are going to miss out on a lot of sales.
Message: Posted by: videoman (Feb 27, 2021 01:02PM)
So it sounds like Alakazam may have misjudged as to which version to film for the trailer.
My guess is they will add another filmed version soon as it seems it would help purchasers to see more value in this product.
I realize the current pandemic makes it more difficult to show actual performances but it can still be done fairly easily and inexpensively.
Message: Posted by: Pixelated (Feb 27, 2021 01:33PM)
Hi, just to clarify that Staying Alive isn't another version of the routine, but a different routine using the cards.

I've always got good reactions from gemini twins style effects, so have ordered this and I'm looking forward to trying it out.
Message: Posted by: rowland (Feb 27, 2021 05:01PM)
[quote]On Feb 26, 2021, mavresis_n wrote:
[quote]On Feb 26, 2021, geggy wrote:
Saw the launch, the reveals are very clever..but as has been mentioned, the dealing procedure and gathering of the deck,before showing ' selected 'cards is the weak part.

It's a run of the mill card trick dressed up with the cocktail theme.The multiple reveals are very clever for the climax, but same outcome every time is a turn off for me as only show to friends and family.
Great for pros tho, if they choose to use it. [/quote]

Hi there! During the explanation, I offer 2 small things/changes that I like to do during that procedure, that transform the whole thing. The procedure now, makes sense. I wish I could say more, haha. [/quote]

The extra changes in my opinion make a huge difference to the trick in my opinion and I don’t mind that they were left out of the trailer. The trailer was pretty fair and if you bought it from the trailer you would be more than happy to learn the simple subtleties that really make the spectator think what if.
Message: Posted by: magicmind (Feb 27, 2021 06:24PM)
[quote]On Feb 26, 2021, westo wrote:
Pro size a bit bigger [/quote]
Yes I assumed that. Anyone have measurements?
Message: Posted by: magikmax (Feb 27, 2021 06:46PM)
I really like this. I think more could have been made in the trailer of the modular nature of this - you are given several different routines of different lengths, one of which you could perform in different performing situations. Got the time and attention? Do the full routine (which I personally don't think is overly long-winded or unnecessarily procedural, but your mileage may vary...). Strolling and need something quick? It comes with the cards to perform a drink themed version of Emerson & West's Poker monte with either a poison or tap water finish, or a quick PATEO style routine. Something in between? the Clock Trick like Liam Montier's Zodiac Revelation with the cards, or even a Do As I Do (What A Turn Up by Harry Baron) style trick with two small packets. You'll need an understanding of the last two tricks as explanations for those two particular ones aren't included, but with a little thought, several different 'standard' packet style routines can be adapted with the cards. While the main routine is ungimmicked, you do receive necessary gimmicked cards to perform a wild card effect, and some blank prediction cards should you wish to write your own. The inclusion of the extra cards adds a fair bit of extra value.

In my opinion another winner from Mr Mavresis. I don't own Cinemental, but I do have all his Alakazam releases, and while I can personally take or leave Zenner Match - The Collector, Destinations and now Poison are all really solid.
Message: Posted by: magikmax (Feb 27, 2021 07:06PM)
[quote]On Feb 27, 2021, magicmind wrote:
[quote]On Feb 26, 2021, westo wrote:
Pro size a bit bigger [/quote]
Yes I assumed that. Anyone have measurements? [/quote]

The measurements of the Pro size are approximately 108mm x 77mm, compared with approx 89mm x 56mm for standard Poker size. For any board gamers out there, they are just slightly bigger than the cards used in 7 Wonders. If you are planning on doing the standard routine in a parlour setting, I would go for the Pro size, otherwise I would recommend the poker size, particularly if you're likely to do any packet style tricks with the extra cards.

The pro size is not the same as a standard jumbo card, it's kind of a happy medium. You get a bigger card which can be seen further away, however they obviously take up more table space, and you can't just fit them in a standard packet trick wallet like you can with normal cards. I think the Pro size work great for tricks displaying maybe four or five cards upright (like Symbol by Steve Cook or Clued Up by Jamie Daws) but when you start adding a second row, or cards are being dealt into piles rather than just displayed, the extra size can be a little cumbersome.
Message: Posted by: mavresis_n (Mar 1, 2021 06:30AM)
[quote]On Feb 27, 2021, magikmax wrote:
I really like this. I think more could have been made in the trailer of the modular nature of this - you are given several different routines of different lengths, one of which you could perform in different performing situations. Got the time and attention? Do the full routine (which I personally don't think is overly long-winded or unnecessarily procedural, but your mileage may vary...). Strolling and need something quick? It comes with the cards to perform a drink themed version of Emerson & West's Poker monte with either a poison or tap water finish, or a quick PATEO style routine. Something in between? the Clock Trick like Liam Montier's Zodiac Revelation with the cards, or even a Do As I Do (What A Turn Up by Harry Baron) style trick with two small packets. You'll need an understanding of the last two tricks as explanations for those two particular ones aren't included, but with a little thought, several different 'standard' packet style routines can be adapted with the cards. While the main routine is ungimmicked, you do receive necessary gimmicked cards to perform a wild card effect, and some blank prediction cards should you wish to write your own. The inclusion of the extra cards adds a fair bit of extra value.

In my opinion another winner from Mr Mavresis. I don't own Cinemental, but I do have all his Alakazam releases, and while I can personally take or leave Zenner Match - The Collector, Destinations and now Poison are all really solid. [/quote]

Really like your comment! "Got the time and attention? Do the full routine". If people think that Simon Aronson's Shuffleboard is long-winded, then don't do the main routine. My opinion is that the payoff is so strong, that it's worth performing it.
Message: Posted by: harris1850 (Mar 1, 2021 02:19PM)
Nice cards and a routine that will fool laypeople, not magicians. For multiple endings borrow some cards from from the deck you bought when you were just starting out in magic. For me, too expensive for only one ending.
Message: Posted by: Open up your mind (Mar 2, 2021 05:04AM)
Personally, having bought it, I can say I don't like the plot, I don't like the method and I don't like the cards.
Message: Posted by: tomdeg (Mar 2, 2021 07:00AM)
[quote]On Mar 2, 2021, Open up your mind wrote:
Personally, having bought it, I can say I don't like the plot, I don't like the method and I don't like the cards. [/quote]

Then WHY did you buy it???
Message: Posted by: RNK (Mar 2, 2021 09:16AM)
I think he was giving his opinions on the product after receiving it.
Message: Posted by: simplymagicweb (Mar 2, 2021 10:27AM)
Having received the set, here's my thoughts. The cards are lovely (I got the regular sized set), and the box nicely produced. The "main" routine takes a little time to perform, so probably not something for table hopping but certainly nice for performing at a table or a crowd as you can involve multiple spectators.

The "second" main effect is called Staying Alive - this is much more of a strolling type effect and still has the multiple kicks like the "main" effect. Also nice!

There are some other packet type effects too, and the Facebook group has some nice contributions too.

I intend to use this with Inject. I have produced a web album which has lots of drinks in it. The spec flicks though these on their phone, unseen, and finishes on a selection. The cards are then shuffled, a card selected and shown to be wine. The spec asks if they prefer red or white - they say RED. They look at the image on their phone and it's Red Wine. As a kicker all the other cards are poison cards.

I like Poison. Lots of variations, and something a bit different.
Message: Posted by: Fire Starter (Mar 2, 2021 10:53AM)
Nice ,but didn't like the pick up 'after' the colour Marker and drink cards were stopped on, then dealt out again ,a suspicious move on the Magicians part,but then again, might be over thinking it.
Message: Posted by: TuneHV (Mar 2, 2021 11:37AM)
[quote]On Mar 2, 2021, Fire Starter wrote:
Nice ,but didn't like the pick up 'after' the colour Marker and drink cards were stopped on, then dealt out again ,a suspicious move on the Magicians part,but then again, might be over thinking it. [/quote]

As stated earlier, the new handling justifies this by adding in an additional choice that all makes sense.

I filmed a very nice additional routine that's perfect for these cards that should be up in your Alakazam accounts today if you registered the product.
Message: Posted by: academy (Mar 2, 2021 11:50AM)
[quote]On Mar 2, 2021, RNK wrote:
I think he was giving his opinions on the product after receiving it. [/quote]

You don't need to buy it to know what the plot is.
Message: Posted by: Fire Starter (Mar 2, 2021 02:12PM)
[quote]On Mar 2, 2021, TuneHV wrote:
[quote]On Mar 2, 2021, Fire Starter wrote:
Nice ,but didn't like the pick up 'after' the colour Marker and drink cards were stopped on, then dealt out again ,a suspicious move on the Magicians part,but then again, might be over thinking it. [/quote]

As stated earlier, the new handling justifies this by adding in an additional choice that all makes sense.

I filmed a very nice additional routine that's perfect for these cards that should be up in your Alakazam accounts today if you registered the product. [/quote] Thank you, might get this ,all the Best
Shane
Message: Posted by: tomdeg (Mar 9, 2021 07:55AM)
Just received mine, (both poker & pro), direct from Alakazam.
There is NO instructions, video link, or product reg code!!!
Anyone else have this problem, or am I just overlooking it?
Message: Posted by: CardGuyMike (Mar 9, 2021 09:55AM)
If you bought from Alakazam the instructions may already be in your Alakazam account?
Message: Posted by: JanForster (Mar 9, 2021 10:28AM)
There is a card inside the box (between the other cards) providing the link... easily to overlook, happened to me as well. BTW, I ordered it too although the working was clear to me, but I really liked and like the cards, theme and the entire and well constructed routine a lot! Well done! And the above mentioned subtlety (by Nicolas) is excellent. I would always ask the spectator “left” or “right” plus stating that we talk about his perspective (if he is sitting opposite you)... sounds even fairer although it doesn’t change anything. I know that I am cryptic, but owners of the set who have seen the video understand what I mean... Jan
Message: Posted by: tomdeg (Mar 9, 2021 11:25AM)
[quote]On Mar 9, 2021, tomdeg wrote:
Just received mine, (both poker & pro), direct from Alakazam.
There is NO instructions, video link, or product reg code!!!
Anyone else have this problem, or am I just overlooking it? [/quote]

Thanks all, found 'em right after I posted. In the middle of the deck.
Message: Posted by: tomdeg (Mar 11, 2021 05:19AM)
Another little subtlety I use...
Place the "wine" on the bottom of set-up deck, rather than in the middle...
After placing the colored marker cards down, have the spec cut the deck & complete the cut...
Now go through the pack to remove your "target" drink, placing it aside & casually recut the deck to original order.
Message: Posted by: Ray Chelt (Mar 11, 2021 05:49AM)
I think the giveaway for me here is how they speeded up the trailer for parts of the routine....if you are worried you can’t keep a magician interested I don’t hold out much hope for a spectator.
Message: Posted by: mavresis_n (Mar 13, 2021 12:41PM)
[quote]On Mar 9, 2021, JanForster wrote:
There is a card inside the box (between the other cards) providing the link... easily to overlook, happened to me as well. BTW, I ordered it too although the working was clear to me, but I really liked and like the cards, theme and the entire and well constructed routine a lot! Well done! And the above mentioned subtlety (by Nicolas) is excellent. I would always ask the spectator “left” or “right” plus stating that we talk about his perspective (if he is sitting opposite you)... sounds even fairer although it doesn’t change anything. I know that I am cryptic, but owners of the set who have seen the video understand what I mean... Jan [/quote]

Hey, Jan. Thanks for your comment! I am really glad you liked my effect. You know that I respect and admire your work a lot!

Nikolas
Message: Posted by: mavresis_n (Mar 13, 2021 05:26PM)
[quote]On Mar 11, 2021, tomdeg wrote:
Another little subtlety I use...
Place the "wine" on the bottom of set-up deck, rather than in the middle...
After placing the colored marker cards down, have the spec cut the deck & complete the cut...
Now go through the pack to remove your "target" drink, placing it aside & casually recut the deck to original order. [/quote]

Hey there, thanks for you comment. I also like to force the wine instead of taking it out of the deck.