(Close Window)
Topic: The Finger by Leo Smetsers
Looking for reviews, a google search did not help. This looks like fun, not very magical, but I think a lay audience , especially kids, would like it.
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/money-magic/the-finger/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAhP2BBhDdARIsAJEzXlELOq9yA4DvMY6WJbsHQdIn4CYnVV8YEnD4AEdGORnIUoqYLcclUvIaAmIbEALw_wcB
Agree! Looks very fun and I definitely think adults along with the kids will really enjoy this! Something different....
I get the surprise moment at the end but I don't understand all the stuff leading up to it. What is he claiming to do and why do the coins have fingers on them?
I think he is trying to prove thereís nothing holding the coin on the finger, and the larger coin, keeps getting smaller to apparently make it easier to grab
Is it that The spectator is to try to grab the coin from the performers finger but is always too slow?
I'm in the same boat as others. I have absolutely no idea what's happening here.
[quote]On Mar 4, 2021, RNK wrote:
Is it that The spectator is to try to grab the coin from the performers finger but is always too slow? [/quote]

Yes exactly.
Ok, But why do the coins have fingers on them?
[quote]On Mar 4, 2021, RNK wrote:
Is it that The spectator is to try to grab the coin from the performers finger but is always too slow? [/quote]

Itís not that at all. She is trying to close her had around the coin on her hand before he can tap it with the coin balanced on his finger. But because the coin starts out very large she is unable to close her hand and cover the coin, so he gives her smaller and smaller coins to make it easier for her and harder for him to tap it.
I donít think the fingers on the coin have anything to do with the trick other than him naming the different coins by how many fingers are on them.
I think itís a game of chance, where the magician never loses. And the fingers printed on the coins, have really no meaning. Other than to try and tie everything together in a theme, hence the finger.
Not very magical, but could be fun to do.